PDA

View Full Version : Sheedy

GVGjr
25-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Not sure if this is old news but I'm told Sheedy will not be re-signed at the end of the season.

A real merry go round of coaches this season isn't it.

Go_Dogs
25-07-2007, 11:51 AM
If that's official that he won't be re-signed, first I've heard of it. It has been an insane year for coaches - 4 changes. That would have to come close to a record for recent times at least.

aker39
25-07-2007, 11:59 AM
He's been sacked this morning.

Go_Dogs
25-07-2007, 12:10 PM

Geez. I assumed after his board meeting Monday he'd be safe. I wonder who Sheeds will be coaching next year.

GVGjr
25-07-2007, 12:33 PM

Just heard the same thing. Is it now official ?

Perhaps Wallace needs get a couple of wins before the end of the season.

aker39
25-07-2007, 12:36 PM

If Crazy John was prepared to put in a couple of mill, I'd reckon it would be bye bye Terry, hello Kevin.

The Coon Dog
25-07-2007, 12:38 PM

My thoughts too Gary. I reckon there would be a HUGE push from the Richmond members to bring 'one of their own' back.

LostDoggy
25-07-2007, 12:46 PM
If Crazy John was prepared to put in a couple of mill, I'd reckon it would be bye bye Terry, hello Kevin.
Yes, I think Wallace maybe beginning to sweat a little bit under that fake tan of his. He's not really attracted any media attention regarding Richmond's poor onfield performance.

Go_Dogs
25-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Isn't his next window not until 2011 anyway? haha. I was talking to an Adelaide supporter yesterday who was grumbling about Neil Craig too.

LostDoggy
25-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Why were they unhappy with Craig?

Go_Dogs
25-07-2007, 01:50 PM
I think they feel they should have improved this year after 2 prelims, this was meant to be one of their last chances with Roo, Edwards, Goodwin, McLeod etc., and quite a few seem a bit unhappy that they have stagnated so much. Personally I don't think their list is that fantastic, and Craig has done a reasonable job over the past few years but sometimes a reasonable job doesn't cut it.

This time last year they were widely regarded as undefeatable, at the moment, they will struggle to make the 8.

LostDoggy
25-07-2007, 02:02 PM
I see. I thought the Crows supporters were happy with what Craig had done to date and loved the fact he is a local. Will be interesting when we meet them in a few weeks over there ...

BulldogBelle
25-07-2007, 09:28 PM
I feel a little sad about how the Sheedy demise occured, 27 years as coach and just like that it is nearly over for him. His last match as coach with Essendon will be a very emotional one for him and also for Hird whom has said many times that he is retiring at the end of the season, whichever team faces Essendon on that historic match be it Round 22 or later if Essendon happen to make the finals will be up against it. It will be a match to remember.

Twodogs
25-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Thank Christ they didnt leak it two weeks ago.