PDA

View Full Version : Meet Michael Talia

Desipura
16-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Height: 191cm
Weight: 86kg
DOB: 02/11/1993
Club: Calder Cannons (Vic)

Bio: Tall and agile defender who can win plenty of the ball and take some quality pack marks. Brother of Adelaide Crows-listed player Daniel Talia. Played in the Calder Cannons 2010 TAC Cup premiership team.

In his own words
What type of player are you?
I am a hard-working key position player that can play at either end (back/forward). My strongest point is my contested marking and I am consistent with multiple leads, and I rely on my fitness to beat/outlast opponents.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble and why?
As a player I think I resemble Michael Hurley as he is well known to be versatile, playing at both ends with good fitness.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
Marking, fitness, work rate, physicality, goal sense and strength.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
Kicking, speed, core stability, ground balls

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
I support the Western Bulldogs as they run in my bloodlines. My grandfather, Harvey Stevens, played in the Bulldogs only premiership in 1954. Like myself, my whole family has always supported the mighty Dogs!

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
My brother Daniel Talia. I have always been able to train with him and he has always helped me out and given me programs that he received to work on deficiencies in his game. I have always tried to resemble his work rate and attitude when it comes to football.

Twodogs
16-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
I support the Western Bulldogs as they run in my bloodlines. My grandfather, Harvey Stevens, played in the Bulldogs only premiership in 1954. Like myself, my whole family has always supported the mighty Dogs!

My son is called Harvey. Not really after Harvey Stevens. More after the film with Jimmy Stewart but Harvey Stevens is probably where I heard the name first.

Twodogs
16-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Now that I think about it maybe it was Harvey Merrigan that I first heard the name.

Desipura
16-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Now that I think about it maybe it was Harvey Merrigan that I first heard the name.
Harvey Wallbanger was the first Harvey I heard. "Oh, I better not get the thread off track".

The Underdog
16-11-2010, 01:15 PM
My son is called Harvey. Not really after Harvey Stevens. More after the film with Jimmy Stewart but Harvey Stevens is probably where I heard the name first.

As long as he doesn't become a giant invisible rabbit when he grows up, or a guy who sees giant invisible rabbit's. Great film though.

Umm, anyway, Michael Talia, is he projected to still be around when we pick, you know on Friday morning? Is he any good?

Apparently his grandfather was the was an invisible rabbit in our premiership team...or something.

Twodogs
16-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Fair cop. I'm home sick from work and I have far too much time on my hands!

Back to the invisible pink rab, oops, Michael Talia.

LostDoggy
22-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Just found this thread..

He sounds like a good opportunity. Only just turned 17 and didn't get picked up..

Maybe someone to keep our eye on next year?

LostDoggy
07-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Heard during the Adel v Bris call today that Michael has made the TAC Cup team of the year @ full back.

I recall last year someone saying that we might have been interested in him.

LostDoggy
08-08-2011, 08:53 AM
If he's Harvey Stevens Grandson he's a must for the Dogs. Former Premiership player and former B&F.