PDA

View Full Version : Jarrod Harbrow in no fear of 'Scray spray

LostDoggy
21-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Mark Stevens
November 21, 2010

JARROD Harbrow will not have to wait long to learn if Western Bulldogs fans are a forgiving lot.

Gold Coast is scheduled to play the Bulldogs in its second game next season and Harbrow needs no reminding.

"Yeah, Round 3 at Etihad. Pretty early, isn't it. I definitely had a look at that," he said this week.

In his first interview since walking out on the Dogs as one of the Suns' eight uncontracted recruits, Harbrow is confident the faithful on the Doug Hawkins wing will be understanding.

"I hope they're kind and I think they will be. I don't think I let them down at all this year," he said.

It is understood Harbrow committed to the Suns in the now infamous "window of opportunity" in October last year.

He denied he played the 2010 season knowing he was moving, but it has been a tactic all along for the Gold Coast to play a straight bat to any suggestions of signings in the "window".

Sources in recent weeks have indicated a deal was done 13 months ago, but Harbrow answered a firm, "No, no, no", when asked if he was on the move early.

"Obviously my management had a chat to the Gold Coast, but I was left out of it. I really wanted to concentrate on playing the year out with the Bulldogs and just wait to see what would happen from there," he said.

Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade was keen for an answer, promising to support the defender either way, but Harbrow remained silent despite the headlines.

"We didn't have a serious sit down or anything. He'd make jokes now and then, like all the players ... saying, how's the weather up there, and all that," he said.

"But there was no tension between us. It didn't change."

For a player who evades journalists bearing tape recorders with the same skill he steps around oncoming tacklers, Harbrow found the year of speculation challenging.

He was particularly peeved about reports he was heading to the Suns because of the massive pay rise on offer.

"It got blown out too much in the paper. It was definitely not about the money ... far from it," he said.

"These things happen all the time. Players move for all sorts of reasons and my reason was pretty legit, I thought I wanted to come back to Queensland to be closer to family and I wanted to be part of a new club."

But Harbrow is proud of the fact he did not allow the speculation to put him off his game.

"It didn't distract me, I don't think. Once you step on to the footy field there should be no distractions," he said.

"Once you're in the zone, there's no excuses really.

"I was pretty happy with my year.

"It went well, but I was disappointed to be knocked out in the preliminary final three years in a row."

Harbrow told Eade and his teammates of his departure in the days after the preliminary final loss to St Kilda.

"Rodney was definitely supportive. 'Rocket' has always been supportive of me," Harbrow said.

"The players were supportive. They know what's most important for themselves.

"Looking at my position, they thought going back to Queensland and being close to family was fair enough. They wished me all the best."

Harbrow has moved into a home in Mermaid Beach, south of Surfers Paradise, with his girlfriend Emma, who was based in Brisbane.

After enduring a long-distance relationship, moving closer to her and his parents in Cairns was a factor in Harbrow's decision.

He played out last season requiring pain-killers and had post-season surgery on his left shoulder.

"I had a crack in the bone and scar tissue," Harbrow said.

He is hopeful of being in full training with the Suns in two to three weeks, with the aim of pushing for a place in the team's midfield.

"I'd really like to get into the midfield," Harbrow said.

"I've had a couple of stints at the Bulldogs now and then. It was good to get a bit of freedom running around.

"There might be a few more opportunities and we'll see how it works out."

Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jarrod-harbrow-in-no-fear-of-scray-spray/story-e6frf9jf-1225957415845)

G-Mo77
21-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I won't be booing the guy but if one of our players has a chance to lay a monster tackle on him I hope they deliver it with authority. :)

Scraggers
21-11-2010, 02:22 PM
I hope they're kind and I think they will be.

I hope the crowd boo's you every time you go near the ball ... and if its not too much trouble, I hope you get the snot knocked out of you too :D

Me ??? Bitter ????? Nah

mighty_west
21-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Got to give him credit for the way he respects Rocket and his old team mates, rather than that McMahon idiot who went out with a passing shot at the club.

I am more disapponted him leaving for the fact that he has his head screwed on and has a great work ethic.

hujsh
21-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Really mixed feelings about Harbrow right now. It'll be weird to see a 'good' player at another team as I've only seen guys like McMahon and Ray leave since I've started following the club passionately. And they weren't great by the end of their time with us.

Mofra
21-11-2010, 04:44 PM
No hard feelings, too much for him to gain by going to where his GF & her family live.
Bitterness is a bit immature IMO.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-11-2010, 05:21 PM
No hard feelings, too much for him to gain by going to where his GF & her family live.

I don't blame him at all ... but I support the jumper, nothing else. This is footy.

Hope he gets crunched.

comrade
21-11-2010, 05:37 PM
He would have been my favourite player, had he stayed.

He sold out, IMO, and it's becoming clear that he lied all year to avoid facing his teammates. He signed during the 'window'.

The fact that he was off to the GC, getting photos taken in their colours on the Monday and Tuesday directly after our prelim loss just doesn't sit right with me.

Not that he'll care with his big contract to help him sleep at night, but I'll be giving it to him whenever we play GC.

AndrewP6
21-11-2010, 05:50 PM

He sold out, IMO, and it's becoming clear that he lied all year to avoid facing his teammates. He signed during the 'window'.

The fact that he was off to the GC, getting photos taken in their colours on the Monday and Tuesday directly after our prelim loss just doesn't sit right with me.

Not that he'll care with his big contract to help him sleep at night, but I'll be giving it to him whenever we play GC.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed 100%

LostDoggy
21-11-2010, 06:44 PM

Agree. Sad that he is going but he made the right decision for himself. Good luck Jarrod, unless you play us.

If I have any bitterness its towards the AFL for this whole shemozzle. By having this window before the season it puts all the players involved in a compromised position, not really a benefit to anyone. So who will it be this year? Really poor business if you ask me.

jazzadogs
21-11-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm still bemused by a lot of the attitudes towards Harbrow. I understand wanting him to get crunched, because he's part of the opposition. But booing him, saying that he'll use his big contract to help him sleep at night (his girlfriend won't play a part at all), I just don't see the point of it.

He's clearly returned to Queensland to be with his family and girlfriend. I don't want him to play well against us, and I don't want him to help GC become good. But I hope that he has a good season, and has a happier life living with his family and girlfriend.

AndrewP6
21-11-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm still bemused by a lot of the attitudes towards Harbrow. I understand wanting him to get crunched, because he's part of the opposition. But booing him, saying that he'll use his big contract to help him sleep at night (his girlfriend won't play a part at all), I just don't see the point of it.

He's clearly returned to Queensland to be with his family and girlfriend. I don't want him to play well against us, and I don't want him to help GC become good. But I hope that he has a good season, and has a happier life living with his family and girlfriend.

I think some (me included) believe he clearly went for the money. Him saying it had nothing to do with it, I just don't buy (pardon the pun). Yes, he has family and GF up there, but for him to say it was 'far from it', I don't believe he's being honest. At least Gablett came out and said that was part of it for him. As with Comrade, I think he knew early on he was going to go, I can't accept it was a recent decision.

So, good luck to him, he didn't want to be in our colours, all well and good. Can't wait to see who's the first Dog clean him up (fairly, of course :) )

Sedat
21-11-2010, 09:46 PM

Good summation. I'm also hoping that the lure of Cavill Avenue proves to be too irresistable for him.

mighty_west
21-11-2010, 10:06 PM

Pretty much how i see it.

Footy's different these days to what it used to be, plus the fact that he's young, going home to his family, plus the money thrown at him, blame the system, not that player in that aspect.

He is very likely to play in Premierships and being successful at the Gold Coast given his age and the perception out there that they could be a powerhouse with all these kids handed on a silver platter, so he wouldn't miss out there either, just have to wait a little longer.

That said, he is now opposition, and should be tackled HARD on every occasion like any player, that's a no brainer.

boydogs
21-11-2010, 10:09 PM
So, good luck to him, he didn't want to be in our colours, all well and good. Can't wait to see who's the first Dog clean him up (fairly, of course :) )

Brian Lake, after giving it off when Harbrow calls for a handpass :D

soupman
21-11-2010, 11:06 PM
I completely understand Harbrow having heaps of reasons to go home, one of which would involve money, and fair enough really. Do I dislike him as a result? No, now he just falls into that massive category of non-Bulldog players. Unlike blokes like McMahon and Brown I don't think his decision was "I want to leave the Bulldogs". Instead it was "I want to join the Gold Coast".

Am I dissapointed? Yes. It's hard not to be when a player as uniquely talented and enjoyable to watch as Harbrow leaves. But really, as long as he plays shockers against us, doesn't become a substantially better player at GC and it turns out that if he had have stayed at the doggies he would have been involved in a considerably larger number of Premierships I'll be alright.

chef
22-11-2010, 07:46 AM
No different to Brown IMO, I think he's full of crap with some of the things he says in that article.

LostDoggy
22-11-2010, 08:12 AM

Feel a bit the same I guess - but I also agree now he is on the opposition, he is open to any hard tackle, and fair bump in the spirit of the game. I was sad to see him leave, but I can't argue with the call of homesickness - he took an opportunity that was too good to pass up.

LostDoggy
22-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Good for him that he will be able to go around the corner to Cairns from the Gold Coast to visit his family. Probably go for dinner a couple of times a week

Mum's lamb roast was the clincher

Mantis
22-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Good for him that he will be able to go around the corner to Cairns from the Gold Coast to visit his family. Probably go for dinner a couple of times a week

I did hear a rumour that Jarrod's family were going to move from Cairns down to the GC... Not sure if it has or will happen.

KT31
22-11-2010, 10:31 AM
No different to Brown IMO, I think he's full of crap with some of the things he says in that article.

On the aspect of playing I think he treated the club much better than Judas.
At least he gave everything in his last season with us.
Wether it be the money or family he is now the opposition and I expect him to be crunched every time he goes near the ball.
And one really good one in the first game against us, just to show him he is a Dog no longer.

LostDoggy
22-11-2010, 12:45 PM
On the aspect of playing I think he treated the club much better than Judas.
At least he gave everything in his last season with us.
Wether it be the money or family he is now the opposition and I expect him to be crunched every time he goes near the ball.
And one really good one in the first game against us, just to show him he is a Dog no longer.

Meh, why give him the satisfaction? The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. If he is treated like any other player I wouldn't really care -- we should be tackling every opposition player properly, not just those we have a problem with. Jarrod is gone, and there are some unsavoury bits around his departure, but (like you said, KT31) he has definitely carried himself with a lot more dignity than Wallet and Judas when they left. I don't think he is a genuine game-breaker or leader or anything, just a unique type with a bit of X-factor, more irreplaceable for his uniqueness than because he was the difference between us losing or winning a premiership.

I'd be more concerned about using the small window to smash GC17 (and GWS, for that matter) every time we play them the next couple of seasons by as many goals as possible to create a bogey team aura over the next ten years -- let's get into the heads of the kids up there. No one forgets regular consecutive 20 goal defeats.

LostDoggy
22-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Thing is his next contract with us would have been a darn sight close to what he's getting at GC i would have thought. Doubt he'd be on a massive salary considering he only had 1.5 really good seasons with us.

Jordan Lewis won't know who to aim for first when they play GC.

Another Nathan Brown (could have, but never did).

Mofra
22-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Footy's different these days to what it used to be, plus the fact that he's young, going home to his family, plus the money thrown at him, blame the system, not that player in that aspect.
Yep - changing clubs was a much bigger deal 20+ years ago, when players were far more likely to be drafted from the local area and there really was a mercenary aspect to moving to another club. These days it's a career - and in addition to the reasons listed do far for going, didn't the climate also play a part?

Remi Moses
22-11-2010, 03:19 PM

Couldn't agree more! What a shower of shit that article was,he left for the folding stuff we all know it..

Mantis
22-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Couldn't agree more! What a shower of shit that article was,he left for the folding stuff we all know it..

I don't agree.

LostDoggy
22-11-2010, 03:50 PM

Good luck to him, I am sure 99% of you would leave your job for the opposition if they were offering you a 50% plus increase in your salary, This and the fact that he is moving to his home state, How could he refuse?

I wish he stayed but don't put him in the same class as Judas cause he left for no real reason apart from he no longer wanted to play at the dogs

LostDoggy
22-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't have a wave of rage sweep over me anymore when I read about Harbs and the GC.

But I really do hope they suck for at least the next 10 years. More hopefully forever, but I don't think that's realistic. Not wishing him luck, he made his decision.

Wowwww, how much s*** is going to go down when the big names play their former clubs.

azabob
22-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Disapointed he's gone but I struggle to believe money didn't play a part in his decision, if it didn't why didn't he request a trade to Brisbane?

boydogs
22-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Disapointed he's gone but I struggle to believe money didn't play a part in his decision, if it didn't why didn't he request a trade to Brisbane?

Yeah I don't buy the 'wanted to go to a new club' line.

FrediKanoute
22-11-2010, 10:01 PM

Totally agree. He may not have done an Aker, but in many ways his betrayal is worse.

LostDoggy
22-11-2010, 10:06 PM

I recall him saying that he wanted to tell Rocket and the players but was not allowed by GC. In a ealier interview on radio by him or his manager he says he signed last year but was forbidden to reveal it as stated in his contract.

soupman
22-11-2010, 11:20 PM

Well to be fair, why would you go to a club with a poor grouping of young players, salary cap issues despite not being any good, Brendan Fevola, half a squads worth of defenders and Michael Voss in charge, especially when the alternative is a club that has money to burn, the best player in the game, the best group of young players in all the land and is expected to win at least 2 premierships within the next 10 years?

Remi Moses
22-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I don't agree.

So he left to be near his family in Cairns!
Give me a break he left for money.

Ghost Dog
23-11-2010, 12:33 AM
*shrugs * . I don't want him to win against us, but don't really get the whole CRUNCH HIM attitude. Who cares? as long as he doesn't kick any goals against us.
Like, what does anyone expect?

PEople from the tropics must miss it up there, especially with family.
Like this sort of thing is never going to happen. Duh. Can't expect players not to move around from time to time because of family or better offers. Life is like this.
Agree with Way out west.
Shit happens. Good luck to him.

Ghost Dog
23-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Good luck to him, I am sure 99% of you would leave your job for the opposition if they were offering you a 50% plus increase in your salary, This and the fact that he is moving to his home state, How could he refuse?

I wish he stayed but don't put him in the same class as Judas cause he left for no real reason apart from he no longer wanted to play at the dogs

well said

Remi Moses
23-11-2010, 01:04 AM

Why didn't he go to Brisbane??
Can't fathom why people compare playing professional sport to The every day Joe it's nonsical.

Ghost Dog
23-11-2010, 02:27 AM
Can't fathom why people compare playing professional sport to The every day Joe it's nonsical.

why?

Remi Moses
23-11-2010, 03:33 AM
why?

I just don't see football as a business,if it was most of us would have pulled our shares out of an unsuccessful business years ago. I guess I look at it from a supporters point of view and we don't have an emotional attachment to the average "Joe" and his job. Am I dirty on a potential star leaving us and potentially costing a flag.
Definetely!!

Mantis
23-11-2010, 07:36 AM
So he left to be near his family in Cairns!
Give me a break he left for money.

His GF lives in Bris so being on the GC will help in that situation.

Add in that he had settled properly in Melb means it was a no-brainer, but you can keep believing it was all about the $.

Murphy'sLore
23-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Why does it have to be either/or? Surely the combination of factors ($, family, going home, girlfriend) all played a part.

Sorry to see him go but good luck to him. And maybe these days we can't expect players to have the same passionate attachment to the club that lifelong members do. They don't get to choose who they play for (at least initially) so their loyalty as professional sportsmen has to remain somewhat conditional.

(Go ahead, shoot me down!)

LostDoggy
23-11-2010, 11:23 AM

Because this is the way they make a living.

LostDoggy
23-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Also being a Melbourne Storm supporter, I think I have become so used to players leaving (some even mid season!!) that I'm not really that fussed about Harbrow. Good luck to him, just not against us!!

mighty_west
23-11-2010, 01:37 PM

You have to compare, thats what they do for a living, and what exacty is THE everyday Joe anyway? a lawyer? a baker? a ditch digger? a doctor? a gym instructor? a professional sportsman?

I have no doubt money played a big role in his decision, but i also believe the family reasons, going back to Queensland were also high on the list.

Why would he goto the Gold Coast and not Brisbane? If i was working interstate and got an amazing job offer back home for the same position but a different organisation with virtually a doubled wage, i'd probably take it, if i was offered a one with alot less salary than im was already getting interstate [with all the troubles Brissy are in with their cap], no way known, thats a no brainer for me, and for a chance to be back with my family [not even worth thinking about].

Ghost Dog
24-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Totally agree. He may not have done an Aker, but in many ways his betrayal is worse.

:confused:

Remi Moses
24-11-2010, 04:37 PM
You have to compare, thats what they do for a living, and what exacty is THE everyday Joe anyway? a lawyer? a baker? a ditch digger? a doctor? a gym instructor? a professional sportsman?

I have no doubt money played a big role in his decision, but i also believe the family reasons, going back to Queensland were also high on the list.

Why would he goto the Gold Coast and not Brisbane? If i was working interstate and got an amazing job offer back home for the same position but a different organisation with virtually a doubled wage, i'd probably take it, if i was offered a one with alot less salary than im was already getting interstate [with all the troubles Brissy are in with their cap], no way known, thats a no brainer for me, and for a chance to be back with my family [not even worth thinking about].

I just hope your forgiving if his loss is instrumental in us not winning a flag!
Take your point about it being a "job",but you don't have the every day worker with emotional and financial attachment and scrutiny (web sites) from the outside.He could have asked to be traded 12 or 24 months ago on compassionate grounds.Brisbane weren't a basket case 12 months ago or even 2 years ago. I'll end my contribution there

Ghost Dog
24-11-2010, 04:39 PM
I just don't see football as a business,if it was most of us would have pulled our shares out of an unsuccessful business years ago. I guess I look at it from a supporters point of view and we don't have an emotional attachment to the average "Joe" and his job. Am I dirty on a potential star leaving us and potentially costing a flag.
Definetely!!

Yeah but you are a supporter and he is a player. Of course players have to be a bit more pragmatic as that is their job. Supporting is not our job.
Potential star? Shiiiiit Clarence. Star without question IMO. Gold coast seemed to think so too.

But Harbrow cost us a flag? Pull the other one. Not with the way we have drafted. Z-Man is going to look Harbrow look like the Lou Diamond Phillips / Kostya Tszyu impersonator he is!

hell though, I will miss his Shimmy. Still remember that two step he pulled late in the season, sort of twisting running sideways for a few moments while rotating his upper bodies to feign a turn then bolting straight ahead.
Can't remember who it was against. Silky Sublime.

Remi Moses
24-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Yeah but you are a supporter and he is a player. Of course players have to be a bit more pragmatic as that is their job. Supporting is not our job.
Potential star? Shiiiiit Clarence. Star without question IMO. Gold coast seemed to think so too.

But Harbrow cost us a flag? Pull the other one. Not with the way we have drafted. Z-Man is going to look Harbrow look like the Lou Diamond Phillips / Kostya Tszyu impersonator he is!

hell though, I will miss his Shimmy. Still remember that two step he pulled late in the season, sort of twisting running sideways for a few moments while rotating his upper bodies to feign a turn then bolting straight ahead.
Can't remember who it was against. Silky Sublime.

Seriously mate I don't know what planet you're on but we've drafted a kid from outback Australia! Harbrow hasn't been consistent enough to be classified as a star.
Potentially a star of the competition but not yet.

Ghost Dog
24-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Seriously mate I don't know what planet you're on but we've drafted a kid from outback Australia! Harbrow hasn't been consistent enough to be classified as a star.
Potentially a star of the competition but not yet.

So? Jarrah is from outback Australia I'm sure the recruiters have done their homework. Anyhow, IMO Harbrow was one of our most consistent players in terms of his role. *shrugs* agree to differ.
He played pretty well whichever way you look at it in 2010 and I don't see what all the fuss is about.
Won't be wishing him a lousy 2011 more than any other player.
good Luck to yeh shorty! but not when you play your former team.

Remi Moses
24-11-2010, 05:05 PM
So? Jarrah is from outback Australia I'm sure the recruiters have done their homework. Anyhow, IMO Harbrow was one of our most consistent players in terms of his role. *shrugs* agree to differ.
He played pretty well whichever way you look at it in 2010 and I don't see what all the fuss is about.
Won't be wishing him a lousy 2011 more than any other player.
good Luck to yeh shorty! but not when you play your former team.

I hope he is . But really at pick 80 odd why didn't anyone else pick him up earlier?
Shane Thorne anyone? Great story if he makes it

OLD SCRAGGer
24-11-2010, 05:12 PM
I hope he is . But really at pick 80 odd why didn't anyone else pick him up earlier?

Melbourne drafted both Davy & Jarrah as Rookies, so 15 other clubs overlooked them. I'm give the club plenty of credit...Morris, Picken, Boyd, Harbrow...ALL ROOKIES that other clubs passed on :) so why can't Z-Man become a STAR :confused:

Ghost Dog
24-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Wow. We have done pretty well out of late draft picks. I think Lake was pretty late, 74 from memory?

Ghost Dog
24-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Remi Moses

Potentially a star of the competition but not yet..

Sure Remi, :) I will admit! that Harbrow was really just an attacking back with a bit of X-factor and creative play. Not really a star, you're right.
I just had a man crush on him! :D Loved the way he took on a man.
It's for that reason that I really doubt his loss will cost us a flag.
One could find a bunch of players similar in style up the top end I'm sure

LostDoggy
26-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Got to give him credit for the way he respects Rocket and his old team mates, rather than that McMahon idiot who went out with a passing shot at the club.

I am more disapponted him leaving for the fact that he has his head screwed on and has a great work ethic.

100%. The way he conducted himself is excellent, and he should get the same respect and courtesy in return. Otherwise, we're all hypocrites.

This is bullshit mate, sorry. I've lived interstate for extended periods of time (5 years) and it's harder every year. It doesn't get easier mate, only harder. His whole support network outside of footy was thousands of kilometres away.

I believe him 100% when he names family reasons. Homesickness has ended many a football career, especially for the indigenous boys.

I recall him saying that he wanted to tell Rocket and the players but was not allowed by GC. In a ealier interview on radio by him or his manager he says he signed last year but was forbidden to reveal it as stated in his contract.

Another example of circumstances we're unaware of. If he had disclosed his transfer, we would have lost him for 2010 as well. No team is going to play 100% with a guy they know is out of here. Attempts at protecting our IP would have also caused friction.

He shies away from the media and probably would have preferred to disclose it early on and take the heat away, but instead acted in the interests of the team.

LostDoggy
28-11-2010, 04:51 AM

His parents live in Cairns....2000klm away, from Mermaid Beach, the roast would be cold by the time he gets up here, and we don't often have the need for a nice big hot roast dinner in Cairns.

This idea that he has moved to be closer to family is crap, he is a Cairns boy, not a Brissie boy, he was 3.5 hours away by plane from Melbourne, now he is 2.5 hours away from Brisbane/Gold Coast, so by moving he is 1 hour closer to his family.............crap!!!!

money, money, money, I want to be sunny, it's a rich man's game, (apologies to ABBA).

Good luck to the kid, but tell us the truth don't feed us the family garbage.

Mofra
30-11-2010, 10:09 AM
I think the Z-man has a better chance of making it than Thorne.
His coaches have been glowing in reviews of his dedication & character, he wont have the family/kids that Thorne had to deal with relocating, he has been to Melbourne before & trained with us last year so knows how hard he has to work and the irrational exuberence reason is simply due to his first name :)

Mofra
30-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Good luck to the kid, but tell us the truth don't feed us the family garbage.
His girlfriend's parents will be living close by, and he will be living with his girlfriend too after she spent 2010 in Brissie. He was someone who said he hated the Melbourne climate too.

If GWS offered him more $$$ I'm convinced he still would have decided to go to the GC Suns.

BulldogBelle
30-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Good luck to him he will a good player for the GCS - whether he left for the family or the $$$ reasons, it was his choice to make.

I was actually never too fussed about him leaving us to join GCS.

Mantis
30-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Good luck to him he will a good player for the GCS - whether he left for the family or the $$$ reasons, it was his choice to make.

I was actually never too fussed about him leaving us to join GCS.

You would probably be the only Bulldogs supporter I have spoken to who, who feels this way.

Most are pretty peeved that we are losing a player who looks like developing into a 200+ gamer and will play some pretty damn good footy.

BulldogBelle
30-11-2010, 02:03 PM
You would probably be the only Bulldogs supporter I have spoken to who, who feels this way.

Most are pretty peeved that we are losing a player who looks like developing into a 200+ gamer and will play some pretty damn good footy.

Really, I have spoken to quite a few who are neither here nor there with him leaving, they were more concerned with a Griffen or Cooney wanting to leave. I guess each and everyone to their own.

No doubt a lot of people will be annoyed with him going and he will play many good games at GCS - I wish him the best, he had a decision to make and he did what was right for himself.

LostDoggy
30-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Really, I have spoken to quite a few who are neither here nor there with him leaving, they were more concerned with a Griffen or Cooney wanting to leave. I guess each and everyone to their own.

No doubt a lot of people will be annoyed with him going and he will play many good games at GCS - I wish him the best, he had a decision to make and he did what was right for himself.

Yep, I fall into that category. :)

Remi Moses
30-11-2010, 04:15 PM
His girlfriend's parents will be living close by, and he will be living with his girlfriend too after she spent 2010 in Brissie. He was someone who said he hated the Melbourne climate too.

If GWS offered him more $$$ I'm convinced he still would have decided to go to the GC Suns.

Truckload of players from the NT hate the climate,but they still stick it out.
Gets cold in Winter in South East Qld,so I take it if Jarrod thinks it gets to cold then he'll wait for a new franchise in South East Asia! Smell the Roses for christ sake.I'll be booing him (that's my prerogative)the rest can please themselves