PDA

View Full Version : What a great chance we have presented to us.

bulldogtragic
22-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Eagles cut Hansen

By Michael Rogers 11:06 PM Fri 19 Nov, 2010

Ashley Hansen has been delisted by West Coast after nine years at the club

WEST Coast has delisted premiership forward Ashley Hansen to free up another selection in the NAB AFL Pre-Season and Rookie Drafts.

The 27-year-old played 78 games for the Eagles in a nine-year career that began when he was recruited with pick No.38 in the 2001 draft.

He played a major role in the club's 2006 grand final win over the Sydney Swans but he has struggled for fitness in recent years, playing just 24 games in the past three seasons.

Hansen booted 46 goals in 10 WAFL games with Swan Districts in 2010 and helped the club to a long-awaited premiership, but Eagles coach John Worsfold said he couldn't rely on the forward's fitness at AFL level.

"Ash has been a wonderful contributor to our football club in his nine years here," senior coach John Worsfold said.

"Unfortunately, his body will not allow him to play the role we require of him.

"He has been highly respected by his teammates and by everyone else at the club throughout his time here. We wish Ash every success with his future endeavours and hope to still see a fair bit of him around the club."

Hansen said he was disappointed with the decision, believing he was still capable of playing senior football.

"I thought my body was good enough to play a role for side, but the club sees it differently. That's a tough call, but I respect it and look forward to the next opportunity wherever that may be," he said.

"I have had a terrific time at the club, and feel privileged to have played with so many champions of the game. I would also like to thank all the staff that have supported me so I could achieve what I have.

"The next chapter now begins and I will take time to assess what lies ahead both in and away from football."
Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network

H.I.P. But to the throngs of people wanting him last year, here you go. - p.s. H.I.P.

Sockeye Salmon
22-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Hansen, Mitch Thorpe, Beau Dowler were all worth 1st round picks last year according to their supporters

Twodogs
22-11-2010, 06:24 PM
I'd think we are too close to our cap limit to entertain any thought. unless we could rookie list him.

The Coon Dog
22-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I'd think we are too close to our cap limit to entertain any thought. unless we could rookie list him.

He's too injury prone. You're more of a chance of staying fit Twodogs!

AndrewP6
22-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Pass.

chef
22-11-2010, 07:33 PM
H.i.p.

Mofra
22-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Too much competition for spots for tall forwards (how long have I wanted to say that :))

LostDoggy
22-11-2010, 10:05 PM
No Thanks

FrediKanoute
22-11-2010, 11:47 PM
What about Dowler as a tall defender? What about Hansen as a tall defender. Would they be worth rookieing for those roles?

Sockeye Salmon
23-11-2010, 12:39 AM
Whatever happened to the 'Hansen is a spud' group?

FrediKanoute
23-11-2010, 12:54 AM

I think its a case of price performance. Hansen for a 1st/2nd/3rd round pick......he is a spud. Hansen for a freebie in the rookie draft........bargain!

chef
23-11-2010, 08:39 AM

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=5726

I'm proud to say I've kicked the habit:)

Desipura
23-11-2010, 10:05 AM
If they plan on playing him at half back, why not pick him up as a mature aged rookie? We are way too vulnerable down back if one of Lake or Williams gets injured. He can also swing forward if needed.

Topdog
23-11-2010, 10:13 AM
This is an excellent opportunity for the Dogs to reject another pointless player on the list.

bulldogtragic
23-11-2010, 12:21 PM
I think its a case of price performance. Hansen for a 1st/2nd/3rd round pick......he is a spud. Hansen for a freebie in the rookie draft........bargain!
Happy to say i started it and it's H.I.P. (Hansen is Poo).

That fact still remains. :)

Maddog37
26-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Hamstrings like tissue paper.