PDA

View Full Version : The Saints in trouble - very broad topic

Pages : [1] 2

The Coon Dog
04-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Andrea Petrie & Rohan Connolly - The Age - 4 December

http://images.theage.com.au/2010/12/02/2076483/hayes_baker_main-420x0.jpg

POLICE have obtained security footage of a fight involving St Kilda footballers Lenny Hayes and Steven Baker at a Melbourne nightclub in the early hours of Monday.

Charges have not been ruled out against the players, other patrons or bouncers at the venue in relation to the 5am incident at Prahran's Love Machine.

The vision shows the players involved in a violent altercation on the club's dance floor, during which Baker's shirt was ripped open.

Article in full... (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/baker-hayes-nightclub-fracas-caught-on-camera-20101202-18i66.html)

LostDoggy
04-12-2010, 07:20 AM
People who named that night club should be arrested

Twodogs
04-12-2010, 09:46 AM
People who named that night club should be arrested

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

LostDoggy
04-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Is it just me, or do Aints players just seem to attract this type of stuff?:confused:

OLD SCRAGGer
04-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Wonderful culture down at Moorabbin ..... NOT :rolleyes:

Remi Moses
04-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Baker involved, I'm stunned !:eek:
Maybe the Saints can get their cop mate from Brighton to help them out!
Capt cliche Lyon talking the usual shit.

Dry Rot
04-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Stan Alves was right.

Remi Moses
04-12-2010, 10:34 PM
"Stylish adult clientele"
Under that criteria how in hell would Baker get in!!

ratsmac
05-12-2010, 11:31 AM
I wish I was there to see baker cop it. Stevie J would have too. But if I were there I couldn't help but yell out "hey Lenny, you a legend mate, yyyeeeaaahhhh."

Ghost Dog
05-12-2010, 07:33 PM
good ol' saints.
The newspapers can always rely on them.

Actually, Baker's photo actually makes him look like quite a nice bloke really.
I can even imagine him as a wiggle, for instance.
go on, just imagine him in a yellow skivvy, singing 'Wake up Gary!'

BulldogBelle
05-12-2010, 07:43 PM
So funny. Baker's photo actually makes him look like quite a nice bloke really.
I can even imagine him as a wiggle, for instance.
go on, just imagine him in a yellow skivvy, singing 'Wake up Gary!'

Good call.

I've always thought he had an office-worker type look!

He'd probably still shirt-front you on the way to the water tank though.

Massive, massive hate.

Remi Moses
06-12-2010, 02:07 AM
I wish I was there to see baker cop it. Stevie J would have too. But if I were there I couldn't help but yell out "hey Lenny, you a legend mate, yyyeeeaaahhhh."

SEN have replaced that monstrosity of an ad with those dreadful Pancake Parlour Xmas ads..

The Pie Man
06-12-2010, 09:52 AM

Well spotted (sorry, had to finish it off)

I listen to SEN way too much

aker39
07-12-2010, 08:49 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/probe-into-fracas-between-key-saints-players-continues-20101206-18mte.html

Twodogs
07-12-2010, 10:23 AM
I've got no great love for Baker but the bouncer that runs down the stairs and king hits him while Baker is looking in the other direction probably shouldnt be working in security.

Mantis
07-12-2010, 10:27 AM
I've got no great love for Baker but the bouncer that runs down the stairs and king hits him while Baker is looking in the other direction probably shouldnt be working in security.

From my many nights out over the years I have come to draw the following theory on bouncers:

'Bouncers are cowards'

Twodogs
07-12-2010, 10:35 AM
From my many nights out over the years I have come to draw the following theory on bouncers:

'Bouncers are cowards'

I agree on the whole-most are. But it's a hard job and a good bouncer is worth his weight in cockie poop.

I've had the odd night out in the past myself. I got to know the bouncers at venues like the Prince of Wales and The Corner well enough to stay back when the roadies were breaking down and the crowd had gone home and enjoy a fruit juice or two with them. They tell some funny stories.

BTW Roadies are far bigger scum than bouncers IMO.

LostDoggy
07-12-2010, 02:29 PM
BTW Roadies are far bigger scum than bouncers IMO.

That's just because they are all frustrated second-rate musos jealous that they are carrying gear for other second-rate musos who just happen to have better luck (and are scoring all the chicks).

That's my experience anyway. The only musos roadies hate are the shit ones -- they tend to be pretty good to the ones they respect.

Oh, and standing out the back in freezing cold packing other people's heavy shit into trucks when everyone else is sleeping will give you an attitude.

Remi Moses
20-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Oh Dear more trouble at St Blunda!

BulldogBelle
20-12-2010, 03:27 PM

I saw the bloody thing. :eek:

Roo completely naked and Zac "the hack" Dawson standing there, uh, admiring it?

This is going to be big, what a terribly cultured club.

chef
20-12-2010, 03:47 PM

What's happened?

EDIT*
Here it is
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/saints-police-in-photo-probe/story-e6frf9jf-1225973940526

KT31
20-12-2010, 04:46 PM
What's happened?

EDIT*
Here it is
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/saints-police-in-photo-probe/story-e6frf9jf-1225973940526

More from what looks like such a claasy girl.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/officer-suspended-amid-misconduct-inquiry-20101220-1927f.html

chef
20-12-2010, 05:02 PM
That picture of Dal santo she has up(on FB) is wrong. Why would you pose like that, especially if you are an AFL footballer.

She even has another site(formspring) where you can ask her anything you want. This girl has issues.

hujsh
20-12-2010, 05:55 PM
That picture of Dal santo she has up(on FB) is wrong. Why would you pose like that, especially if you are an AFL footballer.

She even has another site(formspring) where you can ask her anything you want. This girl has issues.

Lots of people have that though.

chef
20-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Lots of people have that though.

Fair enough, first time I've seen it.

Pickenitup
20-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Whats her name why cant see be named and shamed

aker39
20-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Whats her name why cant see be named and shamed

Because she is under 18

Pickenitup
20-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Her fb has been deleted her twitter page is kim duthie seems a delusional girl

aker39
20-12-2010, 10:40 PM
She was on 5AA tonight and she denied that the photos were illegally obtained and said she took the photos and she would post the remaining images because she is out for revenge.

She said the club was saying they were illegally obtained because they know that the players will get in to trouble because it is a criminal offence because she was under age when she took the photos.

Here is a link to the interview.

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/audio_girl-involved-in-st-kilda-scandal-talks-on-fiveaa-sports-show_100556

Sedat
21-12-2010, 10:45 AM
http://www.fiveaa.com.au/audio_girl-involved-in-st-kilda-scandal-talks-on-fiveaa-sports-show_100556
First line in the 5AA link....."Girl claiming to be involved in St kilda sex scandal talks to Bone" . I know it's juvenile but I still laughed, there's a little Kelvin Cunnington in all of us :D

Jasper
21-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I saw the bloody thing. :eek:

Roo completely naked and Zac "the hack" Dawson standing there, uh, admiring it?

This is going to be big, what a terribly cultured club.

And this is the team that threw Andrew Lovett under the bus for his behaviour.
St Nick - what a fine upstanding young man

The Coon Dog
21-12-2010, 04:10 PM
It's certainly getting ugly.

Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/saints-police-in-nude-photo-probe/story-e6frf9jf-1225974136404)

Remi Moses
21-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Has got ugly .
Can't work out why grown men are hanging out with 17y/old girl!
Irrespective of who pursues who it's totally unacceptable that grown men or supposedly adults are in the company of a teenager
Good luck getting a main sponsor :eek:

chef
21-12-2010, 04:26 PM

Link (There's more explicit photos of St Kilda players to come, says teen girl)

Link doesn't work TCD.

LostDoggy
21-12-2010, 05:27 PM

Link (There's more explicit photos of St Kilda players to come, says teen girl)

Was it supposed to link to a photo of Steven Milne? :D

The Coon Dog
21-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Link doesn't work TCD.

Fixed.

LostDoggy
21-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Seen videos the girl in question, has posted on a video blog tonight. She just seems very delusional, childish and crying out for help. Feel sorry for her in that way, because when her 15 minutes are up, she is gunna need the support whether she wants it or not. The fact she keeps lying stating she was the one that took those pictures herself, even after they've come out and said it was in a Miami hotel room and it was Gilbert that owned up, is just an example of how diluted she is acting.

Not saying I support what she's doing in any way, but the players are to blame for their part too. What is the leader of a Football club doing, posing for a photo with a team mate, with his (pardon my french) wang out for the camera to see? And with how advanced technology is, those pictures were always going to be leaked some way or another. Stupidity to the max.

Mr.1975
21-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Hmmmm.. Where there is smoke, there is fire...

The Adelaide Connection
22-12-2010, 02:40 AM
Seen videos the girl in question, has posted on a video blog tonight. She just seems very delusional, childish and crying out for help. Feel sorry for her in that way, because when her 15 minutes are up, she is gunna need the support whether she wants it or not. The fact she keeps lying stating she was the one that took those pictures herself, even after they've come out and said it was in a Miami hotel room and it was Gilbert that owned up, is just an example of how diluted she is acting.

Not saying I support what she's doing in any way, but the players are to blame for their part too. What is the leader of a Football club doing, posing for a photo with a team mate, with his (pardon my french) wang out for the camera to see? And with how advanced technology is, those pictures were always going to be leaked some way or another. Stupidity to the max.

Are we sure that she is lying? It is a bit of a "he said, she said" situation and even if he didn't take them Sam Gilbert was always going to come out and say he did otherwise it puts Nick (and the rest of them) knee deep in lies and funny business and changes something that is being claimed as innocent (just got out of bed) into something very, very seedy.

I totally agree with you that this girl is going to need (needs) some serious support. She is, after all, still a kid and is caught up alone in a huge media storm with no-one to go into bat for her (whether she brought it on herself or not).

The Adelaide Connection
22-12-2010, 02:46 AM
Oh I almost forgot, the next chapter of this one. Seems it is far from over:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-sydney-players-next-targets-in-photo-scandal-says-girl/story-e6frf9jf-1225974667306

Breathe easy folks, Carlton and Sydney players are in the line of fire this time.

Topdog
22-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Has got ugly .
Can't work out why grown men are hanging out with 17y/old girl!
Irrespective of who pursues who it's totally unacceptable that grown men or supposedly adults are in the company of a teenager
Good luck getting a main sponsor :eek:

there aren't enough zeros to add onto 100% to show how much I agree with you.

Topdog
22-12-2010, 06:29 AM
I'm not going to bother but you would think there would be some evidence available to see which hotel room the photo was taken in.

LostDoggy
22-12-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm not going to bother but you would think there would be some evidence available to see which hotel room the photo was taken in.

That's where I think her potential lie is being caught out she says they were taken in a 'sister' hotel in melbourne to the one in Miami. Didn't name the hotel so it just gives you the idea she is stretching the truth

KT31
22-12-2010, 08:51 AM
What would possess anyone to have nude photo's of mates on their computer ?

LostDoggy
22-12-2010, 09:00 AM

I don't understand why a teammate would take and then keep the photos. Either they are as dumb as dog poo or have mental issues.

I don't excuse Riewodlt at all. No doubt he posed for the photo. His statement yesterday was full of lies and half truths. I suspect the real truth lies somewhere in the middle of his and the girl's story.

Mofra
22-12-2010, 09:28 AM
I don't excuse Riewodlt at all. No doubt he posed for the photo. His statement yesterday was full of lies and half truths. I suspect the real truth lies somewhere in the middle of his and the girl's story.
^ Bingo.

If I had just woken up and a teammate was in my room holding something next to my wang, I sure as hell wouldn't be standing there calmly waiting for a photo to be taken. Just doesn't add up.

Twodogs
22-12-2010, 09:33 AM

I agree. Riewodlt's story at the pressser just didnt add up. You could have backed a Bdouble through some of the holes in his account of what happened. If he had done nothing wrong what's wrong with just telling the truth?

"I had just got out of bed" Yeah sure you had. I always make sure that one of my mates fiddle with my old fella first thing in the morning. It's part of my morning routine along with my coffee, wheat bix and a shower.

Daughter of the West
22-12-2010, 09:39 AM
I agree. Riewodlt's story at the pressser just didnt add up. You could have backed a Bdouble through some of the holes in his account of what happened. If he had done nothing wrong what's wrong with just telling the truth?

"I had just got out of bed" Yeah sure you had. I always make sure that one of my mates fiddle with my old fella first thing in the morning. It's part of my morning routine along with my coffee, wheat bix and a shower.

You don't "just get out of bed" with hair perfectly coiffed like that, as far as I'm concerned! Has anyone else read Mike Shehan's *ahem* take on Riewoldt press conference?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-photo-scandal-what-are-the-bare-facts/story-e6frf9jf-1225974681136

I threw up a little in my mouth after reading it.

Maddog37
22-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Either way, he cannot be captain of the club any longer( he is captain isnt he?).

Under his reign there has been shit storm after shit storm. I bet the nonrabid average saints fan is not at all happy with this.

Twodogs
22-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Either way, he cannot be captain of the club any longer( he is captain isnt he?).

Under his reign there has been shit storm after shit storm. I bet the nonrabid average saints fan is not at all happy with this.

Yes he is.

It's an interesting point you make. I hadnt thought that it might affect his position as club captain, but you're right.

KT31
22-12-2010, 10:10 AM
You don't "just get out of bed" with hair perfectly coiffed like that, as far as I'm concerned! Has anyone else read Mike Shehan's *ahem* take on Riewoldt press conference?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-photo-scandal-what-are-the-bare-facts/story-e6frf9jf-1225974681136

I threw up a little in my mouth after reading it.[/QUOTE]

Usual tripe dished up by Shehan.

[QUOTE]That's right, "fury like a woman scorned".

Except in this case she is not old enough to be a women.

aker39
22-12-2010, 10:24 AM
If I had just woken up and a teammate was in my room holding something next to my wang, I sure as hell wouldn't be standing there calmly waiting for a photo to be taken. Just doesn't add up.

Have they said who took the photo.

Some media outlets keep referring to the photo that Dawson took, but he's in the photo, so how could he have taken it.

Mofra
22-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Have they said who took the photo.

Some media outlets keep referring to the photo that Dawson took, but he's in the photo, so how could he have taken it.
Sam Gilbert, who stored the photo on his laptop the story goes.

Someone has found photos of the hotel room in Miami, seems the girl was lying when she said she took the Riewoldt photo - Roos' story of the photo being taken in Miami adds up.

Bulldog4life
22-12-2010, 10:52 AM
I don't understand why a teammate would take and then keep the photos. Either they are as dumb as dog poo or have mental issues.

That's a great question. For future reference?

LostDoggy
22-12-2010, 11:08 AM
There will be no way I'd go to bed naked on footy trip with mates in a shared room.

aker39
22-12-2010, 11:17 AM
That's where I think her potential lie is being caught out she says they were taken in a 'sister' hotel in melbourne to the one in Miami. Didn't name the hotel so it just gives you the idea she is stretching the truth

Tony Schibecci (SEN) said that he checked out the miami hotel on their website and the rooms look like the one from the photo.

Greystache
22-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Sam Gilbert, who stored the photo on his laptop the story goes.

Someone has found photos of the hotel room in Miami, seems the girl was lying when she said she took the Riewoldt photo - Roos' story of the photo being taken in Miami adds up.

The girl's counter to that is the hotel is a chain and that's why a room in Miami would look identical to one in Melbourne. Unfortunately for her story it is also being reported the hotel in Miami is a small independently run local hotel. :confused:

Remi Moses
22-12-2010, 01:53 PM

Wasn't Molly's computer was it?
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Mofra
22-12-2010, 02:08 PM
The girl's counter to that is the hotel is a chain and that's why a room in Miami would look identical to one in Melbourne. Unfortunately for her story it is also being reported the hotel in Miami is a small independently run local hotel. :confused:
It does have a very weird side unit though that has been shown in both pics.
Has she said which hotel in Melbourne?

Greystache
22-12-2010, 02:09 PM
It does have a very weird side unit though that has been shown in both pics.
Has she said which hotel in Melbourne?

No, she won't say.

Bulldog4life
22-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Two other questions that haven't been answered yet. If she has got 19 other pics of players from other Clubs in "unusual situations" does that mean she also downloaded these from Gilbert's computer? If the answer is in the affirmative what was he doing with them?

LostDoggy
22-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Two other questions that haven't been answered yet. If she has got 19 other pics of players from other Clubs in "unusual situations" does that mean she also downloaded these from Gilbert's computer? If the answer is in the affirmative what was he doing with them?

All uploaded from the same camera and left there? Who knows. And in saying that, why would they be uploaded to his computer in the first place and not just deleted off the digital camera :confused:

LostDoggy
22-12-2010, 09:29 PM

Have to agree Chops - there seems to be lots of gaps in the explanation. I have assumed, like you, that perhaps the truth lies somewhere between what the girl says and what the Aints players and coach, etc., are saying! I'm not sure that we will ever know, but I'd have to say, the very fact that these boys posed for photos just spins me out. How can a captain, man in his 20's do such a stupid thing? :eek:

LostDoggy
23-12-2010, 09:17 AM
St Kildas membership slogan for next year:

"1 inch away from a premiership,
3 inches away from a career in porn"

Remi Moses
23-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Well we're into day 3 of Diki leeks
Can somebody explain how the lass would know that Gilbert had nude shots of his team mates? As pointed previously why would Gilbert upload from his digital camera and put them on his computer?

LostDoggy
23-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Well we're into day 3 of Diki leeks
Can somebody explain how the lass would know that Gilbert had nude shots of his team mates? As pointed previously why would Gilbert upload from his digital camera and put them on his computer?

We are all asking these questions. Things don't add up here with Riewodlt version of events.

Ghost Dog
23-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm starting to lose tally of their foilbles.
Saints are the Amy Winehouse of the AFL.
After a while, just becomes boring.

DOG GOD
23-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Surely the question needs to be asked to Gilbert, as to why the pics were put on his computer and still there after 12 months?

Answer that question and the rest might make a little more sense (as to why they would pose in the first place), and ofcourse Roo saying that he just got out of bed made me really chuckle :)

Ghost Dog
23-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Boy are those guys going to cop it on the field.
Let the sledging begin!

chef
23-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Boy are those guys going to cop it on the field.
Let the sledging begin!

Sad thing is that there not the only club that gets up to these sorts of things.

Remi Moses
24-12-2010, 03:39 AM

Amy Winehouse or Lindsay Lohan

Twodogs
24-12-2010, 09:29 AM

Amy Winehouse or Lindsay Lohan

At least Lindsay Lohan used a body double for her nude scenes in Machete!;)

Throughandthrough
24-12-2010, 11:56 AM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5126/5286343777_dc6aab36d2_b.jpg

No, thats not me but yes, that is a WBU Mug....

KT31
24-12-2010, 09:34 PM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8188630/afl-photo-girl-agrees-to-destroy-pictures

She oringinally only wanted $20k for the pics.
I imagine she has just been paid a hell off a lot more.

Ghost Dog
25-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Jeez. Imagine being her father or mother? You would be so embarrassed. What a brat.
One thing for sure.
Get knocked up by a player and you're set. That is how it looks from the outside.

Before I Die
25-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Jeez. Imagine being her father or mother? You would be so embarrassed. What a brat.
One thing for sure. The AFL have set a dangerous precendent by paying her off, as I imagine they have.
Get knocked up by a player and you're set. That is how it looks from the outside.

There are so many things wrong with this post, but I am not sure if an AFL discussion board is the right place to pursue them.

However,

If someone is 'knocked up' by an AFL player then they deserve all the financial support that they have the legal right to plus anything additional that the other party is willing to pay..

If the AFL are paying extra hush money in this case, then it is because they have something they want to keep hushed up.

I would be much more embarrassed if I was Sam Gilbert's parent.

She is clearly not real sharp and of questionable morales, but she is also only 17 and no-one held the St. Kilda boys down.

It would seem that groupies are seen as the spoils of fame at St. Kilda and nobody has been considering the questions of ethical, moral or legal responsibility.

Unless one is a porn actor or nude model, being photgraphed with your pants down is never a good idea.

Notwithstanding any of the above, if she is guilty of breaking any law she should be punished

Ghost Dog
26-12-2010, 02:44 PM
The really embarrassing thing being mentioned previous post is that she stole, uploaded the images against her parent's advice.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/saints-teen-track-star-who-took-a-wrong-turn-20101225-197k5.html

If she was wronged in any way by an AFL player then of course, she is entitled to be protected. I read the AFL has met her more than 20 times to sort it out the previous issue of her being made pregnant. Players involved really need to take a good hard look. of course, familes must be very red faced.

But re dikileaks ( not previous issue ) This kids' parents must be livid to have to be dragged into this despite warning her of the dangers.

Being 17 is no excuse re stealing anything. She broke the law. So it goes.

Throw in facebook, twitter and email -t he whole picture just became alot more complext for clubs and the AFL.

Anyway, label this thread the Morass of Moorabbin!

Remi Moses
26-12-2010, 03:24 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again .
Footballers hanging out with teenage girls are asking for trouble.
Not for one moment condoning what she's done but the players should not be mixing socially with school girls

Remi Moses
26-12-2010, 03:33 PM
One thing for sure.

Very simplistic view. Yes she's an idiot and Yes family and friends would be embarrassed.
Having said that she's still a teenager,also footballers have been educated on the pitfalls that come with sudden stardom.Both parties could be accused of being completely stupid!

LostDoggy
26-12-2010, 05:00 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again .
Footballers hanging out with teenage girls are asking for trouble.
Not for one moment condoning what she's done but the players should not be mixing socially with school girls

And they shouldn't be having their photo taken with their bits hanging out either! They are supposedly grown men who have been given lots of advice about this sort of thing.

Ghost Dog
26-12-2010, 06:04 PM
I would be much more embarrassed if I was Sam Gilbert's parent.

Would you? Maybe not. Depends on what really happened.

Interesting view from a St Kilda posting below and it could just as easily actually be like this. She initially claimed she was 19 and studied at the AIS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The surprising thing to me is that because he is a footballer it is assumed that some how he is beyond emotion and is infinitely more mature than other early 20s males.

The story could easily be seen from his point of view as- meets an attractive young lady. Dates said young lady only to have mates point out that she is also on with other guys.

All of a sudden she is pregnant as you go to break off the relationship. She claims to know its yours and no one elses.

She claims to have miscarried while you hear reports she is continuing to sleep with other guys. All of a sudden it's twins and she seems to be stalking you at work.

You later find she has posted pictures you had on your computer showing your mates being dickheads on a footy trip. Your mates all think your the worlds greatest prick.

You are humiliated in front of your mates and the whole uni/ workplace. whatever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone is assuming S. Gilbert to be in the wrong. He may be but he may not. He has not broken any laws.

If St Kilda are smart they will offer her counselling. Looks better than ganging up on her in the courtroom. May even help her.

Sockeye Salmon
26-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Would you? Maybe not. Depends on what really happened.

Interesting view from a St Kilda posting below and it could just as easily actually be like this. She initially claimed she was 19 and studied at the AIS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The surprising thing to me is that because he is a footballer it is assumed that some how he is beyond emotion and is infinitely more mature than other early 20s males.

The story could easily be seen from his point of view as- meets an attractive young lady. Dates said young lady only to have mates point out that she is also on with other guys.

All of a sudden she is pregnant as you go to break off the relationship. She claims to know its yours and no one elses.

She claims to have miscarried while you hear reports she is continuing to sleep with other guys. All of a sudden it's twins and she seems to be stalking you at work.

You later find she has posted pictures you had on your computer showing your mates being dickheads on a footy trip. Your mates all think your the worlds greatest prick.

You are humiliated in front of your mates and the whole uni/ workplace. whatever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone is assuming S. Gilbert to be in the wrong. He may be but he may not. He has not broken any laws.

If St Kilda are smart they will offer her counselling. Looks better than ganging up on her in the courtroom. May even help her.

How did she know the pictures were on his computer?

LostDoggy
01-01-2011, 07:31 AM
And they shouldn't be having their photo taken with their bits hanging out either! They are supposedly grown men who have been given lots of advice about this sort of thing.

I've played in numerous sports teams with the blokiest of blokes, gone on numerous co-ed international sporting trips/tours, and lived in a sports-institute boarding school environment during my teenage years, yet never needed any official 'advice' to resist the urge to put my bits out and model them for my mates to photograph, as I'm sure many others on this board will agree.

I also have to say that I've never really known a lot of serious sportspeople in other sports who enjoyed sleeping around with any willing drunken slut, despite the excuses and rationalisation of officials and authority figures in the AFL who like to make out that it's only natural that young men have disgraceful moral compasses (Sheahan, McGuire, footy show yobs etc.).

There seems to be something very wrong with a lot of AFL footballers, and AFL culture in general. Taken together with the numerous incidents in the NRL, there is something very wrong with celebrity footballing culture in Australia, along with the NBA and NFL in the US, and the EPL in England. You don't hear of Federer or Nadal, Spanish/German soccer players etc. getting into this kind of crap. Golfers were exempt too, I guess, until Tiger.

ps. Also, there just seems to be a lot of latent homoeroticism going around in AFL circles.. maybe Aker knew more than he let on.

Maddog37
01-01-2011, 09:37 AM
It is only the celebrity set, sport stars included, that get the groupie type follower which makes sex etc much easier to obtain than it is for the regular joe.

If it is thrown at you all the time it would surely be harder to stay out of trouble.

I am not condoning this weird photo issue or the whole shag who ever you want culture but it must be factored in. 21 years old, lots of disposable income, not enough education as you focussed on sport from ayoung age, girls throwing themselves at you, free drink cards, celebrating a win etc etc. A perfect recipe for trouble imo.

LostDoggy
01-01-2011, 10:31 AM
It is only the celebrity set, sport stars included, that get the groupie type follower which makes sex etc much easier to obtain than it is for the regular joe.

If it is thrown at you all the time it would surely be harder to stay out of trouble.

I am not condoning this weird photo issue or the whole shag who ever you want culture but it must be factored in. 21 years old, lots of disposable income, not enough education as you focussed on sport from ayoung age, girls throwing themselves at you, free drink cards, celebrating a win etc etc. A perfect recipe for trouble imo.

But this is precisely the argument that doesn't wash -- lots of people have plenty of opportunities in the 21st century for casual sex, but just as many people stay out of trouble and don't engage in stupid behaviour, including PLENTY of sportspeople, including most of your elite international stars (usually not American, unfortunately, and I guess our sports culture is becoming more and more US-centric). Even so, plenty of the more professional team cultures would not accept this type of behaviour, even in traditionally bad boy sports, and these are the teams that, if successful, are remembered as good guys and respected decades later. For example, and pardon the name-dropping, but I'm hanging out with my wife's family in Albacete in Spain, in a region that Andres Iniesta (the guy who scored the winner in the World Cup final for Spain) is from and my wife's family know his family, so we went down and hung out at his house yesterday (he's home for the Christmas holidays), and the guy (and 99% of the Barcelona team) are total family guys, completely down-to-earth, ethical etc., and their incomes (including endorsements) make Gary Ablett's salary look like peanuts, and live in international party towns like Barcelona, yet he lives in a humble house and are total professionals and nice guys with a zero dickhead policy who don't stay out late and get drunk and end up in the papers. And Iniesta has had a Barcelona contract since he was 12 so he has been sports focused from as young as any AFL footballer.

The other thing that is weird isn't just the casual sex, which is one thing and easier to understand, but the bizarre homoerotic, group sex, stupid risky behaviour vibe. It's surely taking the team thing to the extreme, and is NOT particularly ethical or normal even if you are a celebrity.

And having hung around the music and sports industries for decades, I've seen the range of groupies available, and even at the elite level they are usually pretty desperate, low-brain-cell-count types, and they only get worse down the food-chain, and believe me, groupies for a largely regional sport like footy that throw themselves at quasi-local celebrities are a pretty pathetic lot, and I don't understand the appeal for 21 year old footballers who have their whole lives ahead of them and could do a lot better (and Riewoldt isn't 21).

We have to stop making excuses for these dickheads and call their behaviour for what it is. The more excuses you make for them the more they'll just keep doing it.

Anyway.

By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! (it's 12:40 am here in Spain, and I just got back in from the town square)..

LostDoggy
01-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Couple of very good posts Lantern. The club blaming the young girl is just a bad look and
a really undignified way to handle the situation. Reiwoldt may have had nothing to do
with her but still as captain he needs to accept some responsibility for what has been going
on right under his nose , coming out and blaming a 16 /17 year old girl is pathetic. The
players involved would have been at least 7 years older than her even if they are still in their early twenties.

Murphy'sLore
01-01-2011, 04:26 PM
The thing that is most disturbing is that there seems to be this kind of culture that encourages (explictly or implicitly) male team bonding via the bodies of young women/girls, whether it's group sex or boasting about pick ups or sharing round photos of models in the shower or whatever, and that is not very healthy.

And as Lantern says, it's not necessary either!

The Coon Dog
01-01-2011, 05:06 PM
The thing that is most disturbing is that there seems to be this kind of culture that encourages (explictly or implicitly) male team bonding via the bodies of young women/girls, whether it's group sex or boasting about pick ups or sharing round photos of models in the shower or whatever, and that is not very healthy.

And as Lantern says, it's not necessary either!

Agree 100%. How would said players feel if the girl being boasted about or shown to all was their sister?

Scraggers
02-01-2011, 01:53 AM

If the players who did have relations with this girl originally met her at a school footy clinic (as her school Principal reported to the Police) then they have indeed broken the law.

Before I Die
02-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Agree 100%. How would said players feel if the girl being boasted about or shown to all was their sister?

Apparently if you are a new player to the club and the girl is the girl friend of a player from another club (and ex-girlfriend of a St Kilda player), then they are not very happy.

ps this post is not taking sides in the Lovett case, just an observation.

Ghost Dog
03-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Couple of very good posts Lantern. The club blaming the young girl is just a bad look and
a really undignified way to handle the situation. .

Yes, well put Lantern. Particularly in the light of B. Fev's antics. It just gets out of hand and people don't know when to stop. Any club that gives excuses for crap behaviour will reap what they sow. One can think of quite a few examples.

It is interesting that you compare Spanish sporting culture to Australian- I'm in China at the moment teaching VCE and note the really strict discipline here which makes people quite upstanding and respectful. There are negative sides too, but on the whole, it feels much safer here than Australia which is wierd, considering this is a communist country.
Are we too soft on this kind of stuff? I think so. Yob culture in Australia is nasty. I love teaching here. Kids are great in school. Never teaching in Australian High schools again! :)

Ghost Dog
03-01-2011, 11:30 AM
If the players who did have relations with this girl originally met her at a school footy clinic (as her school Principal reported to the Police) then they have indeed broken the law.

Um. They meet someone at a clinic. Then some time later, they meet them at a bar and they are no longer in school. How is that illegal?
Anyhow, it is a bad look and I don't see how coaches and clubs can really afford to go soft on this stuff, illegal or not.

Scraggers
03-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Um. They meet someone at a clinic. Then some time later, they meet them at a bar and they are no longer in school. How is that illegal?
Anyhow, it is a bad look and I don't see how coaches and clubs can really afford to go soft on this stuff, illegal or not.

The report made by the Principal stated that they exchanged phone numbers at the school clinic which is how the next meeting at the bar took place. If this is the case (and I'm not saying it is ... This is just what I have read), then the players were in a position of power and have a duty-of-care to the school aged girl ... Making it (very) illegal !!

aker39
10-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Nude-photos teen gatecrashes Saints' training
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/nudephotos-teen-gatecrashes-saints-training-20110110-19kji.html

A teenage girl who released nude photos of two star St Kilda footballers has turned up to the club’s first training session of the year today with posters declaring ‘‘scandal in progress’’ and banners urging the AFL to show her some respect.

The 17-year-old, under police escort, said she was also planning to distribute two more lewd photographs of players but backed down after receiving a hostile response from the crowd, which had gathered to watch the Saints train at Seaford.

‘‘There’s people yelling things out to me right now,’’ she told The Age.

‘‘One guy came up to me and was, like, abusing me for about 10 minutes in front of the media and saying I’m not welcome here and things like that.

‘‘I’m honestly really concerned about my safety of being here. If I wasn’t standing here with the cameras and stuff I think I would have been knocked out already.’’

The Melbourne teen, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been at the centre of a legal battle since she posted explicit photographs of Saints captain Nick Riewoldt and another of midfielder Nick Dal Santo on her Facebook page in December.

The photographs went viral on the internet and sparked a furious reaction from St Kilda, which claims the photographs were taken on an end-of-year trip to Miami more than 12 months ago.

Last month, Justice Shane Marshall said he had formed the view that the photos had been taken by fellow St Kilda player Sam Gilbert. The girl agreed through her lawyer the images would be deleted from her computer and destroyed.

The teenager said she arrived at the training ground about 1am today and put up a number of large banners around the ground.

One said: ‘‘RESPECT. AFL can you please spell that for me?’’; while another read ‘‘HU$H’’.

‘‘There was a few security guards there that were waiting for me,’’ the teenager said.

‘‘They were like ‘Hi, you won’t be able to post them, this is private property’. I had to post them on the side, but then when I showed up in the morning one of my friends told me that she had seen the St Kilda officials pull them down.’’

The teenager arrived under police escort at the training ground this morning.

It was unclear whether any of the players, including Riewoldt and Dal Santo who were at the two-hour session, had seen the banners.

She also distributed a number of handmade posters lambasting the St Kilda club, but pulled back when the crowd realised what she was doing.

The posters carried slogans such as ‘‘scandal in progress’’ and ‘‘beware of St Scandal’’

Today’s publicity stunt was a manoeuvre to keep her story in the public eye, she said.

She also revealed she was writing, with her manager, the last two chapters of a book.

‘‘I just wanted to hand out the signs and banner today so I can keep telling my story,’’ she said.

‘‘You know how it is in the news, everything dies down after a few days but if I keep it going and keep releasing my blogs and when my book comes out it will still be relevant.’’

After the training session, St Kilda CEO Michael Nettlefold said he was concerned for the young woman, but equally concerned for the club’s players.

‘‘It’s a complex and difficult situation, we think at this point in time that we need to let a little bit of the emotion sort of move away from the situation and we’re about focusing on 2011,’’ he said.

‘‘We’d like to find in due course a sensible solution to the situation.

‘‘We have concerns for the girl, clearly, we have concerns for our players as well.’’

Unable to enter the club’s headquarters or speak to Mr Nettlefold, the teenager littered the side of the oval with her posters in front of reporters while Saints security guards collected them as they blew over the road.

Ghost Dog
10-01-2011, 03:13 PM
The report made by the Principal stated that they exchanged phone numbers at the school clinic which is how the next meeting at the bar took place. If this is the case (and I'm not saying it is ... This is just what I have read), then the players were in a position of power and have a duty-of-care to the school aged girl ... Making it (very) illegal !!

Ok fair enough, didn't know this
So lets reframe it. A teacher runs a workshop at a school. He gets a girls phone number. They meet at a bar later and have group sex with other teachers. Then, girl gets pregnant. And so on.
Well in the real world, the teacher is going to have his VIT rego revoked.
Cover up.

But then, on the other hand, read ( the age ) - lied about her age - claimed to be 19 and from AIS.
Who knows.

Edit: I spoke to a few Saints fans and they claim have known her before all this. If anyone believes what they say ( Biased! )
she was known around the club as a hanger on before all this.

divvydan
10-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Whilst the Principal may have said they exchanged numbers at the clinic, the girl, the players, the afl and the police who investigated all disagree with this claim. Knowing how most school clinics work, it's hard to imagine any student getting enough time alone with player(s) to be able to exchange phone numbers. The only students who usually get to even speak to the players away from the main group are the school captain and perhaps football captain if the school has a team.

It must be said that the girl, the players and the afl would all have had a reason for wanting to deny it, however, the police certainly believed them and even now when she's angry at the players and could've claimed phone numbers were exchanged at the clinic to get the players in trouble, she hasn't done so which suggests that she wasn't lying about that.

Mofra
10-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Ok fair enough, didn't know this
So lets reframe it. A teacher runs a workshop at a school. He gets a girls phone number. They meet at a bar later and have group sex with other teachers. Then, girl gets pregnant. And so on.
Well in the real world, the teacher is going to have his VIT rego revoked.
Cover up.

But then, on the other hand, read ( the age ) - lied about her age - claimed to be 19 and from AIS.
Who knows.
How stupid does Sam Gilbert have to be to think she is a 19 year old kid in year 11 at High School?

The Coon Dog
10-01-2011, 04:03 PM
How stupid does Sam Gilbert have to be to think she is a 19 year old kid in year 11 at High School?

If she grew up in Frankston, there's a fair chance. ;)

Ghost Dog
10-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Prolly need a new thread for this. Baker and Lenny are starting to feel left out.
Anyone suggest a new thread title? Saints V the Devil? ^_^

aker39
10-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Derryn's latest tirade

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/blog-with-derryn-hinch/hinch-continues-to-ask-the-questions/20110110-19kls.html

aker39
20-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Riewoldt involved in scuffle over nude photo

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/riewoldt-involved-in-scuffle-over-nude-photo-20110120-19xev.html

The Coon Dog
20-01-2011, 02:45 PM

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/riewoldt-involved-in-scuffle-over-nude-photo-20110120-19xev.html

Be interesting to see how he handles sledging onfield this season!

Would I let him know about it if I was an opponent? Oh yeah, big time!!

I'd like to be the bloke at Channel 7 who is responsible for the umpire's mics.

Mofra
20-01-2011, 03:09 PM

They were carrying the photo at the time :o

Riewoldt wont get a minute's rest when he's in public.

LostDoggy
20-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Maybe if he crys, the umpire will give a free kick in front of goal !

Ghost Dog
20-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Price of fame.
There is a really nasty lout streak around these days. Sportsmen getting king hit or targeted ( Pendulbury, Jason Gillespie, Mick Lewis, others ) or singled out in the street. It's ok on the field and maybe some louts like to think they are. Imagine being a player and wanting to go out for a quiet drink?
I hate yobbos.

LostDoggy
21-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Price of fame.
There is a really nasty lout streak around these days. Sportsmen getting king hit or targeted ( Pendulbury, Jason Gillespie, Mick Lewis, others ) or singled out in the street. It's ok on the field and maybe some louts like to think they are. Imagine being a player and wanting to go out for a quiet drink?
I hate yobbos.

I hate yobbos too, but that's a bit simplistic -- can you imagine Johnno or Granty or Brett Kirk getting into trouble with louts? Not for a second, nor would they be caught in a nude photo on a 17 year old's computer. No one should be getting hassled, and no one is condoning the behaviour of your average lout, but some of these guys really do ask for it with the crap they get up to, or the positions they put themselves in. If you know you are a high profile sportsperson in your local city, and Riewoldt does, why even give the louts any ammunition by engaging in such risque behaviour?

Zero sympathy from me for any of the Saints this season -- they deserve all they get as punishment for sheer stupidity.

LostDoggy
21-01-2011, 07:58 AM
I hate yobbos too, but that's a bit simplistic -- can you imagine Johnno or Granty or Brett Kirk getting into trouble with louts? Not for a second, nor would they be caught in a nude photo on a 17 year old's computer. No one should be getting hassled, and no one is condoning the behaviour of your average lout, but some of these guys really do ask for it with the crap they get up to, or the positions they put themselves in. If you know you are a high profile sportsperson in your local city, and Riewoldt does, why even give the louts any ammunition by engaging in such risque behaviour?

Zero sympathy from me for any of the Saints this season -- they deserve all they get as punishment for sheer stupidity.

Well said Lantern, I dislike the "ugly" Aussie yobbos too, but totally agree with you, these guys have put themselves in a position to be great big targets! No matter who was right or wrong about the photos, I still maintain they should have known better in the first place to allow someone to photograph them at that time...... stoopid!

Twodogs
21-01-2011, 10:21 AM

I'd like to be the bloke at Channel 7 who is responsible for the umpire's mics.

Maybe if he crys, the umpire will give a free kick in front of goal !

Yep, exactly. Rievoldt will be even more of a protected species this season than he has been in the past. There's one set of rules for him and a different set of rules for every other player in the AFL.

Twodogs
21-01-2011, 10:24 AM
They were carrying the photo at the time :o

Riewoldt wont get a minute's rest when he's in public.

I assumed they must have had his photo on their phone but if they had copies of the photo that would have been sensational!

Nick, Nick, can you sign this for me mate????? Just write to Zac with all my love:D

Ghost Dog
21-01-2011, 04:20 PM
You're a bit harsh.

I think if you probably think about how easily photos get around on the internet,
it would be very very easy for this sort of thing to happen to any person in a sporting environment.

In a sports changing room there are plenty of opportunities to take pictures.
One single photo, clowning around with mates, is very easy to take out of context when it is spread into the public domain.
Even without your consent, Dick Smith you can get a pen camera that takes video and stills for 70 bucks.

Innocent until proven guilty. Why paint Reiwoldt with the same brush as his mates?
The kind of person who would make a big deal of this, even on field, is in my view just perpetuating the whole sordid mindset.

LostDoggy
21-01-2011, 05:09 PM
You're a bit harsh.

I think if you probably think about how easily photos get around on the internet,
it would be very very easy for this sort of thing to happen to any person in a sporting environment.

One single photo, clowning around with mates, is very easy to take out of context when it is spread into the public domain.
Even without your consent, Dick Smith you can get a pen camera that takes video and stills for 70 bucks.

Innocent until proven guilty. Why paint Reiwoldt with the same brush as his mates?
The kind of person who would make a big deal of this, even on field, is in my view just perpetuating the whole sordid mindset.
Easy? He posed for the photo. You have to set that up. They get one of your mates to take the photo. Get him to ignore your pleas to delete it. Then get him to put on his computer. Then get him to hitch up with a 17yo with a vicious streak to steal it. Real easy.

Ghost Dog
21-01-2011, 05:17 PM
The point is, in the world of electronic, instantaneous gratification, it is not difficult to arrange an incriminating photo of a young person who is living a regular life - ie, being a clown, drinking with mates etc.

Take a teacher. You are with mates, at a party getting plastered.
One of your mates, a teacher, takes a picture without you knowing.
The same teacher then thinks its a bit of a joke to show it to a student.
The student gets a copy ( not as hard as you think) and before you know it,
its on facebook.

This kind of stuff happens.

azabob
21-01-2011, 07:02 PM
The point is, in the world of electronic, instantaneous gratification, it is not difficult to arrange an incriminating photo of a young person who is living a regular life - ie, being a clown, drinking with mates etc.

its on facebook.

Personal experience?

LostDoggy
21-01-2011, 07:10 PM

its on facebook.

Doesn't sound easy either. There are mistakes on mistake there too.

Ghost Dog
21-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Agreed, it would never happen by accident.
It would take someone who has a nasty intention.
Trust me. Got any teenage kids? They will tell you that this stuff happens in school all the time

Desipura
21-01-2011, 07:45 PM

I'd like to be the bloke at Channel 7 who is responsible for the umpire's mics.I reckon DalSanto has more to be embarrassed about.

The Coon Dog
21-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I reckon DalSanto has more to be embarrassed about.

Perhaps, but he may be able to deal with it. It doesn't appear the diver can.

AndrewP6
22-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Make of this what you will... first they say they're going after the girl for every cent they can get, now they're putting her up in an apartment. Damage control, anyone?

http://www.news.com.au/national/st-kilda-to-provide-temporary-accommodation-for-photo-scandal-girl/story-e6frfkvr-1225992665003?from=igoogle+gadget+compact+news_rss

ledge
22-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Make of this what you will... first they say they're going after the girl for every cent they can get, now they're putting her up in an apartment. Damage control, anyone?

http://www.news.com.au/national/st-kilda-to-provide-temporary-accommodation-for-photo-scandal-girl/story-e6frfkvr-1225992665003?from=igoogle+gadget+compact+news_rss

Yep certainly admits 2 things, 1.St Kilda is guilty as sin and 2 She has more bullets if she wants to fire them.

Throughandthrough
22-01-2011, 10:40 AM
I reckon DalSanto has less to be embarrassed about.

Editted for accuracy. :D

The Coon Dog
23-01-2011, 03:22 AM
Saints issue warning on sledging

Jon Pierek - The Age - 23 Jan

ST KILDA coach Ross Lyon has warned opposition players they could be cited under the AFL's vilification rules if they use the nude-photo scandal as ammunition to sledge his men this season.

Skipper Nick Riewoldt, Nick Dal Santo, Zac Dawson and Sam Gilbert were all dragged into the controversy involving a teenage girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons. The club reached a settlement with her through mediation on Friday.

The girl had claimed to have fallen pregnant to a St Kilda player and later, in a fit of rage, posted lewd photographs, stolen from Gilbert's laptop, of Riewoldt, Dal Santo and Dawson on Facebook.

Article in full... (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/saints-issue-warning-on-sledging-20110122-1a0qo.html)

comrade
23-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Yeah, right Ross :rolleyes:. Vilification?

I hope Ben Hudson calls Gilbert and co every name under the sun at every opportunity.

LostDoggy
23-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Soft as store brand margarine. It's football, you will cop it on the field. There are personal and family matters that need to be avoided in sledging, this issue is not one, fair game I say. Hide in nz a bit longer, what a weak club.
We need a new thread - awesome st Kilda sledges

ledge
23-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Your kidding ..no sledging, what a sooky sooky lala, grow some balls saints and get some concrete and harden up, grown adults paid quarter a mil a year and cant take sledging?
Shouldnt be playing the game it comes with the territory in my opinion.
You want the money you know AFL is proffessional and in the spotlight, take the good with the bad, its only words ffs!

LostDoggy
23-01-2011, 10:16 AM
You're a bit harsh.

Really? Who else has this happened to? I don't remember many other 'captain's nude photos on teammates' computer' news stories in the last 50 years, if it's supposedly so 'common' or 'easy'. I ask again: could you imagine Johnno ever being in this position?

You can justify this however you want, if you don't think there's something very sick going on inside the St. Kilda changing rooms we live in very different worlds.

ps. Btw, I'm actually personal friends with two of the St. Kilda psychologists, and while they are putting a good spin on some of the players and Ross (they have to), the quiet word is that you better believe that some of the players are, let's just say, not exactly people you'd leave your daughter, or sister, or wife, or dog with.

LostDoggy
23-01-2011, 10:40 AM
I reckon DalSanto has the least to be embarrassed about.

Edited for accuracy MkII ;)

LostDoggy
23-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Really? Who else has this happened to? I don't remember many other 'captain's nude photos on teammates' computer' news stories in the last 50 years, if it's supposedly so 'common' or 'easy'. I ask again: could you imagine Johnno ever being in this position?

You can justify this however you want, if you don't think there's something very sick going on inside the St. Kilda changing rooms we live in very different worlds.

ps. Btw, I'm actually personal friends with two of the St. Kilda psychologists, and while they are putting a good spin on some of the players and Ross (they have to), the quiet word is that you better believe that some of the players are, let's just say, not exactly people you'd leave your daughter, or sister, or wife, or dog with.

Bad enough that you have pics of your mates dong on your computer, at the very least Gilbert must have shown the 17 y.o. Between him showing her and her gaining access to the pics suggests to me he was seeing this young girl for a significant period. So he must have known she was just 17 and would have told his mates, captain even shown them pics of her. What an awful individual all round amongst a similar club culture.

Ghost Dog
23-01-2011, 01:21 PM

It terms of easy or common, I refer to sexting and other unsavory practices.
The very fact that legislation had to be brought in especially to clamp down on people sharing images of other's privates is proof of how common it is. As much as you might want to pretend AFL players are outside the community, they are not. And issues like alcohol, drugs, having sex with donkeys and other weirdo behaviour is present in small percentages of the community, AFL no exception.

Sure, they were stupid to allow all the chain of events to happen that transpired.
Be that as it may, a couple of things.

1. Reiwoldt is the player at this current point in the conga line of subjects in the St Kilda thread.

But just because so and so did something, does it mean we an automatically paint others with the brush?
Did he get anyone pregnant? No. Did he post his own picture on the internet? No. Did he take his own picture? No.
And as you say, Johnno does not want to be anywhere near this debate, so lets leave him out of it. What he would or would not do is neither here nor there.

With the Saints, alot of people tend to take the guilty until proven innocent view.
Case by case basis for me, but have it your way. What is Reiwoldt's crime exatly in your view?

P.S. If you are really good 'mates' with two St Kilda pyschologist and they are discussing confidential information, then that's outside the code of practice and reflects poorly on them. If they are happy to share info with you, that's your business. But I would be careful what you post in that regard.

I have a much more logical view of St Kilda's woes. Their grief is just karma from the football Gods for their captain's dive against Brian Lake in the PF 2009 ^_^

Remi Moses
23-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Let's hope the same standards apply to serial sledgers Baker and Milne.
Yes Ross ask capt flop why he'd put himself in that scenario?
The Stkilda football club have handled many aspects of this turgid affair appallingly!:rolleyes:

Remi Moses
23-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Nobody has ever said Riewoldt is guilty if anything but complete stupidity.
Please don't believe he didn't pose for that picture. Please don't believe Dal Santo didn't pose for that photo! Yes and talking of sledding wasn't it Riewoldt who enquired whether a certain player still "beats up" his girlfriend! I'll be getting stuck in just like their lot would if it was our guys involved in such incidents.

Ghost Dog
23-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Nobody has ever said Riewoldt is guilty if anything but complete stupidity.
Please don't believe he didn't pose for that picture. Please don't believe Dal Santo didn't pose for that photo! Yes and talking of sledding wasn't it Riewoldt who enquired whether a certain player still "beats up" his girlfriend! I'll be getting stuck in just like their lot would if it was our guys involved in such incidents.

sledding? Is that some AFL / winter sports hybrid? :D

Remi Moses
23-01-2011, 06:21 PM
sledding? Is that some AFL / winter sports hybrid? :D

Bloody I phone, mind Of it's own

Ghost Dog
23-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Bloody I phone, mind Of it's own

Haha. Well... His halo slipped a bit there as well. was forced to make a public apology over that one.

Fancy Lyon coming out and warning other teams off sledging as it goes against blah blah rule.
Ha! The rules they have studied so carefully as their players have probably been on the wrong side of it so many times.

The Coon Dog
23-01-2011, 06:40 PM
wasn't it Riewoldt who enquired whether a certain player still "beats up" his girlfriend! I'll be getting stuck in just like their lot would if it was our guys involved in such incidents.

This one:

Lyon defends Riewoldt's Lovett-slur (http://www.foxsports.com.au/breaking-news/lyon-defends-riewoldts-lovett-slur/story-e6frf33c-1111116132351)

ledge
23-01-2011, 06:55 PM
So sledging was a no issue then but it is now?

alwaysadog
23-01-2011, 06:56 PM
St Kilda hasn’t handled this matter well from the beginning, not in terms of dealing with that part of the girl’s claims that were genuine nor with the PR aspects. In fact they make the bluebagger filth’s attempts to deal with the boatgate boozing episode look consummately professional. Andie D must hate the off season.

Aints supporters must hate seeing the club’s reputation continuously trashed and wonder if they’ll ever be back in the headlines for the right reasons, and the board members must be wondering if sleepless nights are a permanent feature of the job.

Just when peace seemed to have been declared between the teenage girl and the club we have two signs of the matter further unravelling, from their own doing, and perhaps the first public signs that its impact is beyond their control.

The first is their blond haired flipper reacting to a couple of wannabe toughs taunting him. I don’t know what happened in any detail, but why the hell wouldn’t he have got straight back into his car and gone elsewhere, as soon as the nonsense began.

Problem one he has created for himself is that now every hoon knows he can be got to react, and some of them play AFL football, so even game time isn’t going to be hassle free in that regard, and every time he is in public he’ll know some f...wit is waiting for his chance at glory.

Problem two he seems to have created for the club, they now feel they have to protect him... and probably others, as if they didn’t have enough problems before these. Now I acknowledge that Rossie L could have been lead on by a journalist or two, but what was going through his head when he bit at the bait dangled before him and launched into a reminder that the AFL would act against sledging.

This is a funny psychology it seems to suggest that we know we are vulnerable and big brother will look after us. Publicly admitting to a weakness, which seems the subtext of his amazing outburst, is not clever and it is contradictory to the line they have been running, if not in fact at least in terms of perceived impact.

I don’t know who is advising them but they either aren’t listening or the advice they are getting is just plain stupid: they stumble from one mistake to the next and complicate matters along the way. Whoever smoked the peace pipe with the girl must have thought now we can breathe. Well the clean air they sought has been again fouled completely by their own actions. And they can’t blame the girl, this time they have done it on their own and in the process negated their core and only strategy.

While I didn’t always like his ruthlessness, the ghost of Graeme Richmond sits on my shoulder as I write. The doyen of facing the enemy and turning every crisis into an opportunity reminds me that he would have taken charge. Any player or staff member who said a word about the issue, or did anything more than walk away when it was mentioned would be threatened with eternal damnation, while he set to and fixed the matter, and then he would have turned it into an “it’s us against the world situation”.

Strength in adversity and an opportunity to forget any self doubts and a chance to show your mates that in any situation you are not only by their side but prepared to risk life and limb for the cause would have been the mantra.

But if the flipper is losing it and the coach is getting trapped who do they have to lead?

It’s still possible for them to make some sense of this issue and get back onto a positive course, but they are so far behind on the matter and they have so compounded the problem that it’s hard to see that happening. Maybe the media and the public will tire of it, after all it’s not riveting reading or watching and the prurient interest doesn’t last forever, or does it?

Mofra
25-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Yes and talking of sledding wasn't it Riewoldt who enquired whether a certain player still "beats up" his girlfriend! I'll be getting stuck in just like their lot would if it was our guys involved in such incidents.
Good point, I would certainly hope our boys have enough bastard in them to remind Riewoldt (and Dal Santo for that matter) of the issues. From what I hear both Huddo & Gia don't mind a bit of chatter on the field at times (even though Gia can be quiet as a mouse off-field), and Lake has the odd word to the opposition too.

Good post alwaysadog.

Topdog
25-01-2011, 10:14 AM
I have a much more logical view of St Kilda's woes. Their grief is just karma from the football Gods for their captain's dive against Brian Lake in the PF 2009 ^_^

That's actually the most illogical take on it I have heard.

Twodogs
25-01-2011, 11:16 AM

Not if you believe in karma.

Twodogs
25-01-2011, 11:28 AM
This one:

Lyon defends Riewoldt's Lovett-slur (http://www.foxsports.com.au/breaking-news/lyon-defends-riewoldts-lovett-slur/story-e6frf33c-1111116132351)

This link doesnt seem to work anymore;

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,19804256%255E19742,00.html

But it did yesterday and luckily I copied it at the time;

Gay slur by Riewoldt
16 July 2006 Herald-Sun
Kelvin Healey

NICK Riewoldt should make amends for a gay slur by starting a campaign to stamp out homophobia in the AFL, Victoria's gay lobby says.

The St Kilda superstar provoked outrage after making a comment vilifying gays on radio.

In a word-association game during the Triple M program The Gospel, Riewoldt was asked to respond to the word ``homosexual''.

He said: ``Die.''

The forward apologised and tried to get the comment edited out of the program, which he co-hosts with Jason Dunstall, Nathan Brown and Peter Everitt.

``If I've offended anyone in the gay community I'm terribly sorry,'' Riewoldt told the Melbourne Community Voice newspaper.

``It was an off-the-cuff comment that I shouldn't have made.''

But Victorian Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby spokesman Gerard Brody said Riewoldt should go further to prove his sincerity.

``He should encourage players and the AFL to come on board and deal with homophobia,'' Mr Brody said.

Mr Brody said he was disgusted by Riewoldt's comment and believed he needed to set an example to children.

``It makes me physically revolted, it is just really wrong,'' he said.

``It is unacceptable. As role models footballers play a a big role in young people's lives.''

Mr Brody said the remark was symptomatic of a widespread problem of homophobia in sport and particularly football.

Denial, much?

Ghost Dog
25-01-2011, 12:32 PM

Um - wasn't being serious!

LostDoggy
25-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Wow! I didn't read this new article on The Diver the other day - certainly makes me believe the stories about him are perhaps true??? What is that saying......he who protests the loudest???.... or something like that.

LostDoggy
25-01-2011, 08:14 PM
P.S. If you are really good 'mates' with two St Kilda pyschologist and they are discussing confidential information, then that's outside the code of practice and reflects poorly on them. If they are happy to share info with you, that's your business. But I would be careful what you post in that regard.

I don't recall mentioning any conveyance of 'confidential information'. However, information is one thing, personal opinion entirely another, and as personal friends you are bound to hear opinion, even indirectly, reading between the lines etc.

alwaysadog
26-01-2011, 11:50 AM
If we needed further examples that media wise the Aints are up a certain creek without a paddle look no further than Rossie L’s sledging clarification.

Remember a year ago the Blues showed us very transparently how to use beginner’s media management strategy No1:

When the media has you by the short and curlies change the subject and distract them by inventing a beat up they can’t keep away from.

The one the bluebagger filth used was such an outrageously obvious ploy... but it worked.

But no, having put his foot in it Rossie went back for a further stumble; now the Saints are able to withstand sledging; it was all journos misquoting Rossie L or if they didn’t do that because they seemed to use quotation marks around his words then they took him out of context. That usually means they distorted his intention, but it’s pretty clear from the extended quote, see below, both the context and some amazing logical convolutions. Let’s examine what he said;see full article (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/saints-issue-warning-on-sledging-20110122-1a0qo.html)

“Gee whiz, it's a brutal competition, isn't it? I think, we often talk about it, and the AFL, there are some great examples last year where people crossed over real community standards,'' Lyon said, perhaps pointing to the $7500 fine Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse was handed last season for labelling Saint Stephen Milne a ''f---cking rapist''.
''So, just because you are on the football field, you don't leave behind community standards; so if people consistently are crossing those and it becomes an issue, that is something the AFL consistently deals with - any form of vilification.
''That's on the agenda. We like to play within the rules, the spirit of the game and, when we win games of football, we would like to think we have played within the rules and spirit of the game.
''That's the way we will continue and, in my experience, that's the way other clubs go about it as well.''

Now I don’t think his intent can be misconstrued, why did he offer more than, “The AFL is pretty good at handling that sort of thing.”?

What he did was to compound the problem he was trying to resolve by firstly reminding everyone of previous examples of unsavoury Aints headlines and by appealing of all things to community standards. What is at the centre of this whole unseemly episode if it isn’t a failure to follow common decency by some of his players and by the club in its handling of this matter? Yet now he wants protection by those same much trashed values.

So far there has been little comment on the confused logic and morality, even hypocrisy, in this and the attempt to paint the Aints as the innocents unfairly under attack. More amazingly it focuses further attention on the sledging issue which leads us back to the very things they need to have us forget, clarifies nothing and suggests that those who know the truth about this matter, which we never will, are in a delusional state.

The girls gone quiet so the roar has subsided... except that it’s still ringing in their ears.

w3design
28-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Can't wait for the season. As an average player in every sport I have played, I built my game around my sharp tongue and razor wit and general talkativeness. I'll be hoping to hear of some brilliant sledging directed at the Saints.

azabob
31-01-2011, 09:16 PM
More trouble at St.Kilda.

Jay Clarke of herald sun are is tweeting the following

"four saints players suspended for six weeks and made to get real jobs for drinking / misuse of medication"

He has named the players in his tweet but I am not going to at this stage until it hits the papers.

Dancin' Douggy
31-01-2011, 09:27 PM
misuse of medication. That is priceless.
I like the new term for 'alternative music' Which go along these lines.
Q."what kind of music do you guys play?" Answer....."ummm.....under represented music".

AndrewP6
31-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Stevo at the Hun has also tweeted and named names, and Damian Barrett has made a claim regarding Ross Lyon. The plot thickens....

Topdog
31-01-2011, 09:39 PM
it's actually on the Saints website.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/107143/default.aspx

St Kilda Football Club can confirm that on its recent training camp to New Zealand four players breached team behavioural standards, including the use of alcohol, misuse of prescribed medication and leaving the team hotel against a player established policy.

The players involved are Paul Cahill, Zac Dawson, Rhys Stanley and Jack Steven.

AndrewP6
31-01-2011, 09:45 PM
it's actually on the Saints website.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/107143/default.aspx

At least they're being upfront about it...

The Coon Dog
31-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Any chance this thread title can be changed?

Initially it was about Baker & Hayes, but has since evolved & half their bloody team's been tarnished!

Sedat
31-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Initially it was about Baker & Hayes, but has since evolved & half their bloody team's been tarnished!
Credit where it's due, they spread the load across the whole team. No standout one-man show like Cousins at West Coast :D

azabob
31-01-2011, 10:19 PM
How angry and disapointed would St.Kilda fans be?

AndrewP6
31-01-2011, 10:51 PM

I can't wait for work tomorrow to find out!

comrade
31-01-2011, 10:56 PM

No doubt they'll try and find some 16 year old girl to blame it on.

KT31
31-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Surely the AFL must step in and reprimand the Aint's in some way.
Their track record in the last few years is bringing our great game into disrepute.

AndrewP6
31-01-2011, 11:11 PM

Hahaha :D Great point!

Swoop
31-01-2011, 11:21 PM
It's funny how the article refers to the St Kilda leadership group & key senior players who helped decide the punishment. I know I would find it hard to accept anything handed out to me by Riewoldt considering the scandal he was just involved in, not to mention two other senior players in Dal Santo & Gilbert, a case of do as I say and not as I do.

Remi Moses
31-01-2011, 11:26 PM

Gold and was thinking the same thing
Maybe their "leadership" group might enforce them to flop the old fella out.

LostDoggy
31-01-2011, 11:38 PM

Reiwoldt's lawyers will be sending intimidating letters to the prescribed medication as we speak. How dare the prescribed meditation lie about its age and seduce his teammates thus tarnishing his reputation! As captain and therefore leader of the club he should not be held accountable for the actions of the playing group in any way!

Dry Rot
31-01-2011, 11:49 PM
I know I would find it hard to accept anything handed out to me by Riewoldt

Surely not in Zac Dawson's case, from the photo I've seen.

Dry Rot
31-01-2011, 11:50 PM
On a serious note, surely all this shit must be affecting their pre-season?

Ghost Dog
01-02-2011, 12:30 AM
What's going on down there?

chef
01-02-2011, 06:37 AM

Hopefully it affects their whole season. 1 less good side to worry about would be nice.

GVGjr
01-02-2011, 06:57 AM

You would have to think so. Some might think all this negative attention might galvanize the group but I think all these distractions can't be good for them.

LostDoggy
01-02-2011, 07:51 AM
OMG - I am so glad I don't follow the Aints (eww! how could I even think that?). The culture at that club needs a very drastic overhaul.......it just seems to go on and on, doesn't it?

Topdog
01-02-2011, 09:29 AM
When was the Milne & Montagna incident?

Nearly 10 years ago if my memory serves me right. Nothing has improved since then.

aker39
01-02-2011, 09:59 AM
OMG - I am so glad I don't follow the Aints (eww! how could I even think that?). The culture at that club needs a very drastic overhaul.......it just seems to go on and on, doesn't it?

You know it's getting bad when their most loyal supporter, Ivy from Port Melbourne, is turning on them.

She rang SEN this morning and said they should have got 6 months, and if she had a gun, she'd go down and shoot them.

Twodogs
01-02-2011, 11:07 AM
You know it's getting bad when their most loyal supporter, Ivy from Port Melbourne, is turning on them.

She rang SEN this morning and said they should have got 6 months, and if she had a gun, she'd go down and shoot them.

I heard that. She didnt sound happy.

In a way it's people lke Ivy who are the bellweather indicators in a situation like this. She's always on the phone abusing some presenter for some percived slight on her club. If she is ringing in and saying stuff like that then maybe the club should stop being so delusonal about it's problems.

It's getting to be a player welfare problem for the Saints. They really need to get their house in order.

aker39
01-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Michael Nettlefold has been quoted as saying

Nettlefold would not provide details of who the sleeping tablets were prescribed for, citing privacy and patient-doctor confidentiality issues, but confirmed the club deplored the mixing of such medications with alcohol.

So, the CEO sights patient-doctor confidentiality, yet the coach is happy to through this out there:

With young players not working and not studying, it is leading to depression.

The club is happy to talk about a players medical condition, when it suits their case.

aker39
01-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Here is just more evidence that St Kilda may think they have been doing the right thing, but clearly they haven't.

St Kilda has rejected a fully-funded induction program - specifically targeting drug and alcohol abuse - for the past three years, the AFL Players' Association (AFLPA) says.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/st-kilda-saints/saints-ignored-player-development-program-aflpa-20110201-1abzl.html

Remi Moses
01-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Had to laugh at nettlefold he says if they had a 'Culture' problem how have they been so 'successful' [pardon me ?] Somebody should have cued up the West Coast theme song

Sedat
01-02-2011, 03:19 PM
To be fair to Nettlefold, the fact that half the playing group are a bunch of f-ups off the field wasn't the reason they lost two narrow GF's in the last two years. A fickle bounce of the ball stopped them in 2010 and an arsey toe-poke in 2009 - they have been extremely close to a premiership or two. Nobody thinks about the nude photo or the rape allegations or the nightclub fracas when the ball is in dispute.

Also worth noting that West Coast won a premiership (and nearly won two) led by a bunch of first-class drug fiends. The reigning 2010 premier isn't exactly full of bible studies students either. Geelong and Hawthorn players are no shrinking violets either. Based on the last 5 premierships (and St Kilda being close to a couple of flags themselves in that time), you could almost mount a case to argue that you need a playing group with its fair share of violent f-ups and drug/sex fiends in order to actually win a premiership.

aker39
01-02-2011, 03:25 PM
To be fair to Nettlefold,

Nettlefold said that how could they have been successful if they had such a bad culture.

Your post proves just exactly how.

Remi Moses
01-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Mate just informed me that the prescribed drugs and alcohol after mediation have agreed to stay in a hotel for 3 months (paid by the saints)

LostDoggy
01-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Just heard on SEN from a radio personality in NZ, that there was also a fight/scuffle between the 4 players and some locals and one was injured and is being pressured to take police action.

Ghost Dog
02-02-2011, 06:20 AM
To be fair to Nettlefold, the fact that half the playing group are a bunch of f-ups off the field wasn't the reason they lost two narrow GF's in the last two years. A fickle bounce of the ball stopped them in 2010 and an arsey toe-poke in 2009 - they have been extremely close to a premiership or two. Nobody thinks about the nude photo or the rape allegations or the nightclub fracas when the ball is in dispute.

Also worth noting that West Coast won a premiership (and nearly won two) led by a bunch of first-class drug fiends. The reigning 2010 premier isn't exactly full of bible studies students either. Geelong and Hawthorn players are no shrinking violets either. Based on the last 5 premierships (and St Kilda being close to a couple of flags themselves in that time), you could almost mount a case to argue that you need a playing group with its fair share of violent f-ups and drug/sex fiends in order to actually win a premiership.

I would rather be a fine club like ours without much silverware, but full of pride than a club full of drugged up boozehounds who have swingers parties while passing around the premiership cup.

Topdog
02-02-2011, 08:53 AM
To be fair to Nettlefold, the fact that half the playing group are a bunch of f-ups off the field wasn't the reason they lost two narrow GF's in the last two years..

You read the quote wrong. He said they were successful so there obviously cannot be a culture problem.

LostDoggy
02-02-2011, 09:20 AM
It was pretty hard to keep a straight face watching Nettlefold saying that given the Aints were so successful, there could not be a culture problem? Huh?? Doh! The man is living in a dream world - "tell him he's dreaming". Surely unless the powers to be face up to the fact that there is obviously a problem, an ongoing problem that has been around for some time, they will never fix it!

Topdog
02-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Apparently they were also involved in a fight in NZ. Classy club.

Mofra
02-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Apparently they were also involved in a fight in NZ. Classy club.
Public urination too. The Age has a very good run down of Saints issues, quite a few articles. Surely this has to effect their on-field performance, particularly since Rhys Stanley is one of their few gun youngsters and was expected to play quite a bit this year. Delayed start to the seniors this year with no praccy matches.

Desipura
02-02-2011, 01:08 PM
The St Kilda Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Charlie Sheen as its new Player Development Coach for 2011.

Topdog
02-02-2011, 01:53 PM
LOL quality Desi. Any one read the article by Robert Walls today. Really scathing stuff with his best line being

Dawson needs to realise that as far as AFL footballers go he is a very ordinary one.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/are-you-stupid-20110201-1acjd.html

Desipura
02-02-2011, 02:10 PM
LOL quality Desi. Any one read the article by Robert Walls today. Really scathing stuff with his best line being

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/are-you-stupid-20110201-1acjd.html

Who could argue with Wallsy about Zac the hack?

LostDoggy
03-02-2011, 08:21 AM
The St Kilda Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Charlie Sheen as its new Player Development Coach for 2011.

Thanks Desipura - needed a laugh in all this bad news this morning, and you sure did provide it! :cool:

The Coon Dog
03-02-2011, 10:16 PM
People 'are trying to break us down': Nick Riewoldt

ST KILDA captain Nick Riewoldt has launched a scathing defence of his embattled club, claiming outside forces are conspiring against it.

Speaking at an annual general meeting attended by the players, a resilient Riewoldt fired an extraordinary us-against-them barrage.

"To the players, we know what we stand for," Riewoldt said.

"There's a lot of people out there at the moment who are trying to break us down, but we know what we're about and we're not going to fracture.

Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/people-are-trying-to-break-us-down-nick-riewoldt/story-e6frf9jf-1225999786056)

Sam Gilbert denies claims of Kiwi assault

A QUEENSTOWN resident claims St Kilda player Sam Gilbert urinated on a shop window before assaulting him during the club's recent New Zealand trip.

Restaurant owner Danny Carson said Gilbert “belted” him early last Sunday morning after he asked him to stop urinating on a shop window displaying All Blacks jumpers owned by his friend.

Four players were this week suspended by St Kilda after admitting to mixing alcohol with sleeping pills on the trip.

Saints chief executive Michael Nettlefold this week said claims his players were seen urinating in public were a “complete fabrication”.

Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/saints-deny-claims-of-kiwi-assault/story-e6frf9jf-1225999134698)

AndrewP6
03-02-2011, 10:45 PM
People 'are trying to break us down': Nick Riewoldt

ST KILDA captain Nick Riewoldt has launched a scathing defence of his embattled club, claiming outside forces are conspiring against it.

Haha...this is getting funny. Must've been "outside forces" who made Diver and Dal pose with their dangly bits out in the open. "Outside forces" that partook in the bender in NZ. And 'outside forces' were really the ones involved in something with that girl.

Outside Forces have contacted their legal representatives, and are considering their options. A press conference will be held shortly (outside, of course) to allow Outside Forces to present their version of events to the public. Outside Forces feel slightly aggrieved that their good name is being unfairly bandied about in relation to a series of sordid misadventures.

LostDoggy
03-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. God, Riewoldt is delusional.

soupman
03-02-2011, 11:17 PM
I guess Riewoldt is trying to do the whole "the world is against us" type thing to try and turn this all into a motivating force.

Btw, excellent thread title.

Dry Rot
03-02-2011, 11:47 PM
A QUEENSTOWN resident claims St Kilda player Sam Gilbert urinated on a shop window before assaulting him during the club's recent New Zealand trip.

Restaurant owner Danny Carson said Gilbert “belted” him early last Sunday morning after he asked him to stop urinating on a shop window displaying All Blacks jumpers owned by his friend.

How weird is the weather in the southern Pacific recently?

Firstly the big wet and biblical floods in QLD, then the huge cyclone and now golden showers in NZ....

LostDoggy
04-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Haha...this is getting funny. Must've been "outside forces" who made Diver and Dal pose with their dangly bits out in the open. "Outside forces" that partook in the bender in NZ. And 'outside forces' were really the ones involved in something with that girl.

Outside Forces have contacted their legal representatives, and are considering their options. A press conference will be held shortly (outside, of course) to allow Outside Forces to present their version of events to the public. Outside Forces feel slightly aggrieved that their good name is being unfairly bandied about in relation to a series of sordid misadventures.

Thanks for the laugh Andrew - OMG St. Nick aka Diver is clearly trying very hard to deflect the comments that are coming their way! I say it again, do the crime, do the time -hanging your bits out and allowing someone to take a photo usually has fairly serious implications when you are in the public eye!

Daughter of the West
04-02-2011, 09:39 AM

I just about fell of my chair, hilarious!

Seriously though, haven't those boys heard of personal responsibility? You know, that whole concept where you make choices about your course of action in situations, and then you deal with the outcomes of those choices because it was your actions that caused the outcomes. Talk about a victim mentality!

Twodogs
04-02-2011, 10:10 AM
How weird is the weather in the southern Pacific recently?

Firstly the big wet and biblical floods in QLD, then the huge cyclone and now golden showers in NZ....

The thing is that you'd reckon the Saints would have more to do with the biblical floods than the golden showers.

They say that St George appeared at Agincourt in 1415 and fought for the English against the French. Now St Sam has appeared in Queenstown and pissed on a window.

Desipura
04-02-2011, 11:28 AM

I can see Midnight Oil reprising the famous song "Outside Forces" to become the Aints theme song for this year

LostDoggy
04-02-2011, 01:50 PM
I can see Midnight Oil reprising the famous song "Outside Forces" to become the Aints theme song for this year

is that "outside world" or "US Forces"?:rolleyes:

LostDoggy
04-02-2011, 01:57 PM
I know its a different and politically correct world we all now live in, but its pretty hard for any AFL player to even fart in public these days.

In another life I worked at a Hotel in Hobart that was adjacent to the North Hobart Football Oval. Just before Fitzroys death, they played games at North Hobart (watch out Kangas) and stayed overnight at the Hotel.

The things that happened in the bar after their games would make Nick Reiwoldt and Zac Dawson look like true saints. Those same actions these days would see the entire list suspended. Ironically Michael Gale was the worst.

I don't know of any historical Doggy Dirt, but I sure its there somewhere, however I'm glad that our club and obviously our culture have presided over a very clean public image in recent memory.

It seems nearly every other club has had a player/s scandal of some kind with the exception of Sydney and Brisbane (up until Fev's arrival)

LostDoggy
04-02-2011, 02:23 PM
I know its a different and politically correct world we all now live in, but its pretty hard for any AFL player to even fart in public these days.

In another life I worked at a Hotel in Hobart that was adjacent to the North Hobart Football Oval. Just before Fitzroys death, they played games at North Hobart (watch out Kangas) and stayed overnight at the Hotel.

The things that happened in the bar after their games would make Nick Reiwoldt and Zac Dawson look like true saints. Those same actions these days would see the entire list suspended. Ironically Michael Gale was the worst.

I don't know of any historical Doggy Dirt, but I sure its there somewhere, however I'm glad that our club and obviously our culture have presided over a very clean public image in recent memory.

It seems nearly every other club has had a player/s scandal of some kind with the exception of Sydney and Brisbane (up until Fev's arrival)

I would attribute that to:

Johnno as captain, with blokes like Rob Murphy, Dale Morris, etc. backing him up.
Rocket as coach.
Smorgon & Rose and the rest of the board.

Our club's leadership has done a magnificent job in turning a fledgling club into a rising AFL powerhouse, and the focus and dedication required to do that, I think, has kept the playing list in line. We've all heard the odd rumour or two from inside the club in recent years but they've done very well in managing it.

And that's the key: They manage it. They don't run from issues any more, and they don't tolerate misbehaviour just because a player has something to offer — Aker a fine example. They opted to sack him and suffer along without his input than put up with a level of behaviour that was below standard.

I have heard reports from ex-Dogs who've gone to other clubs who say that our club far exceeds others' in terms of professionalism and culture.

Ghost Dog said it right: I'm bloody proud of them. I'm disappointed we still haven't picked up the ultimate, but we haven't paid too high a price for it either. When we win it — when, not if — we'll hopefully win it clean, and win it fair, and it'll feel all the sweeter.

Remi Moses
04-02-2011, 02:55 PM

Good work Andrew Don't fret to much for 'outside forces ' as it will obtain free accomodation to shut up for 3 months .As previously said just a pathetic effort from a so called 'Leader' of a sporting organisation. One would of thought he'd declare they'd stuffed up and now was a good time to start again,but the idiot played the blame game:eek:

KT31
04-02-2011, 03:47 PM
I would attribute that to:

Johnno as captain, with blokes like Rob Murphy, Dale Morris, etc. backing him up.
Rocket as coach.
Smorgon & Rose and the rest of the board.

Our club's leadership has done a magnificent job in turning a fledgling club into a rising AFL powerhouse, and the focus and dedication required to do that, I think, has kept the playing list in line. We've all heard the odd rumour or two from inside the club in recent years but they've done very well in managing it.

And that's the key: They manage it. They don't run from issues any more, and they don't tolerate misbehaviour just because a player has something to offer — Aker a fine example. They opted to sack him and suffer along without his input than put up with a level of behaviour that was below standard.

I have heard reports from ex-Dogs who've gone to other clubs who say that our club far exceeds others' in terms of professionalism and culture.

Ghost Dog said it right: I'm bloody proud of them. I'm disappointed we still haven't picked up the ultimate, but we haven't paid too high a price for it either. When we win it — when, not if — we'll hopefully win it clean, and win it fair, and it'll feel all the sweeter.

Well said, BAS.

azabob
04-02-2011, 06:01 PM
. Ironically Michael Gale was the worst.

Why is that ironic?

Remi Moses
04-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Why is that ironic?

I think it might be Brendon Gale who was with the players association

LostDoggy
05-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Michael is a local?

LostDoggy
05-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Why are the AINTS now going to investigate the punch up in NZ, when they had already said there was no case to answer, and the police were even thinking of charging a bloke for a false complaint !

Ghost Dog
05-02-2011, 11:42 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rise-and-shine-20110204-1ah0v.html

In this exclusive interview Jake Niall Interviews himself and tells us what Brendan Goddard thinks.

God this is tedious journalism. TEDIOUS in the words of KT31 it's so awful it's "like having to eat my own teeth"
Smacks of Saints PR.

azabob
05-02-2011, 02:02 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rise-and-shine-20110204-1ah0v.html

In this exclusive interview Jake Niall Interviews himself and tells us what Brendan Goddard thinks.

God this is tedious journalism. TEDIOUS in the words of KT31 it's so awful it's "like having to eat my own teeth"
Smacks of Saints PR.

All journalism this time of year is tedious, so not sure why you are singling out this one particular article.
What did you expect Goddard to say? Of course he is going to stick up for his teamates in public.

aker39
05-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Here's Caro take on the Saints

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/divisions-in-the-ranks-cost-saints-20110204-1ah0w.html

I know I a lot of people don't like her, but I think what she has said in this article is what a lot of us are thinking.

Two things that stood out:

But Riewoldt is also dealing with the truth that he declared the New Zealand training camp an alcohol-free week and that his opening night order was disregarded by Zac Dawson along with Rhys Stanley, Jack Steven and Paul Cahill - the latter three combined alcohol with sleeping pills when they broke curfew.

I haven't read too many other journo's asking this question. But do St Kilda players respect their captain.

And:

If this is to finally be the year of the Saint then the message emanating from the club's new home must be united. Riewoldt should know that you cannot fix a problem until you admit you have one.

Riewoldt is delussional

comrade
05-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I was flicking through the radio and settled on SEN for a bit and one of their St Kilda cronies was defending Riewoldt from some callers who said he was a bad captain. The SEN crony kept saying "How is Riewoldt expected to control the behaviour of every player on the list. People have to take responsibility for their own actions".

If the players truly respected him as a leader, you would think they'd tow the line.

ledge
05-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Good article actually, touching on the alcohol free thing and all the u turns.

Remi Moses
05-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I was flicking through the radio and settled on SEN for a bit and one of their St Kilda cronies was defending Riewoldt from some callers who said he was a bad captain. The SEN crony kept saying "How is Riewoldt expected to control the behaviour of every player on the list. People have to take responsibility for their own actions".

If the players truly respected him as a leader, you would think they'd tow the line.

Heard that last night SEN overnights is Stkilda propaganda . That sycophant Stepehen Peake and the other young guy who generally isn't to bad

Desipura
05-02-2011, 04:55 PM

You think Carlton don't respect Judd as a leader?
Did Swan, Didak and Shaw play up a few years back as they did not respect Buckley as a leader?
When players get on the drink, they don't say to themselves "let's not get too drunk and do stupid things as we respect our captain"
It can be a number of reasons why they play up
Too much time on their hands, school would give them something else to focus on
The way they have been brought up by their parents may be another contributing factor
They are put on a pedestal just because they can kick an oval ball, they think they are invincible and can do what they like in the real world.
To say they don't respect their leader, I believe is not true.

comrade
05-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Did Swan, Didak and Shaw play up a few years back as they did not respect Buckley as a leader?
When players get on the drink, they don't say to themselves "let's not get too drunk and do stupid things as we respect our captain"
It can be a number of reasons why they play up
Too much time on their hands, school would give them something else to focus on
The way they have been brought up by their parents may be another contributing factor
They are put on a pedestal just because they can kick an oval ball, they think they are invincible and can do what they like in the real world.
To say they don't respect their leader, I believe is not true.

Considering Judd was a part of the Booze Cruise and was reportedly feeding Fev drinks prior to the Brownlow, maybe he doesn't deserve the respect of the players.

Riewoldt lied about not posing for the nude photo. Not a great role model for the young blokes.

There is a reason why these two clubs in particular have repeatedly been in the papers for all the wrong reasons and I believe it has to do with poor leadership.

Maybe the reason we've had nothing leak in the last 5 years is the fact we had a captain that was a good role model on and off the field. The players who didn't tow the line have been moved on pretty swiftly (O'Keefe and Boumann springs to mind).

Desipura
05-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Considering Judd was a part of the Booze Cruise and was reportedly feeding Fev drinks prior to the Brownlow, maybe he doesn't deserve the respect of the players.

Riewoldt lied about not posing for the nude photo. Not a great role model for the young blokes.

There is a reason why these two clubs in particular have repeatedly been in the papers for all the wrong reasons and I believe it has to do with poor leadership.

Maybe the reason we've had nothing leak in the last 5 years is the fact we had a captain that was a good role model on and off the field. The players who didn't tow the line have been moved on pretty swiftly (O'Keefe and Boumann springs to mind).

Is J Brown a good leader? Albert Proud continues to play up and during their premiership years Pikey was in trouble on a number of occasions. Fev was at a BBQ with Browny on new years eve before he went out and got in trouble again.
I just don't think it is that simple, agree to disagree on this one.

comrade
05-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Is J Brown a good leader? Albert Proud continues to play up and during their premiership years Pikey was in trouble on a number of occasions. Fev was at a BBQ with Browny on new years eve before he went out and got in trouble again.
I just don't think it is that simple, agree to disagree on this one.

Brown seems like a good leader on the field, hard to judge his off field leadership though. Albert Proud seems fairly troubled so its probably not fair (to Brown) to point out a player in isolation. Fev is a different kettle of fish and I don't think Brown can be judged on year's of ignorance from the Carlton leadership group.

What I'm referring to is repetitive, almost systematic behaviour from numerous players at St Kilda which points to a lack of leadership.

Ghost Dog
05-02-2011, 06:36 PM
All journalism this time of year is tedious, so not sure why you are singling out this one particular article.
What did you expect Goddard to say? Of course he is going to stick up for his teamates in public.

That's my point. Niall doesn't give him a chance to say much at all. And he probably has some good things to say.

Desipura
05-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Brown seems like a good leader on the field, hard to judge his off field leadership though. Albert Proud seems fairly troubled so its probably not fair (to Brown) to point out a player in isolation. Fev is a different kettle of fish and I don't think Brown can be judged on year's of ignorance from the Carlton leadership group.

What I'm referring to is repetitive, almost systematic behaviour from numerous players at St Kilda which points to a lack of leadership.

That's fair enough.

Remi Moses
06-02-2011, 12:57 AM
What gets my goat is the back tracking,U turning and the absolute koo deh ta the blame game! It's not just a one off like some clubs problems it's constant and until they make an example by sacking the next digresser they're kidding themselves

Twodogs
06-02-2011, 11:18 AM

A little OT but why would anyone respect Judd for anything except his unbelievable football abilty? He was in the leadership group at WC during their troubles. Indeed he was the one who insisted that Cousins got up on the podium for photos with the cup before the rrst of the team.

He knew of Cousin's problems at the time. Half the football world did so I cant see how Juddy wouldnt have-he was the captain of the club.

He was pouring grog down Fev's throat at the Brownlow. He was on the booze cruise. He takes money for some feel good BS ambassador role that his teammates miss out on and constantly digresses on the field because there is one set of rules for him and one for the rest of the comp.

Chris Judd is not someone I'd go to war with.

Twodogs
06-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Does anyone else think that the worst mistake St Kilda made was to get rid of Luke Ball? Ball strikes me as the sort of bloke who'd you'd listen to when he eyeballed you and told you to lift your game.

That is the sort of leadership they are desperatly missing. As good as Riewoldt is as far as he is concerned it's Nick first, team second and that's exactly the wrong type to have as captain.

The Saints remind me of the Australian cricket selectors and team. They havent even admitted they have a problem yet and are heading for death by a thousand cuts.

LostDoggy
06-02-2011, 11:51 AM

I agree with this and think if it keeps happening again and again its totally fine to question
the leadership, as you would in any business / corporation etc .. someone has to take responsibility sooner or later and its because Reiwoldt is so reluctant to do this that people get rubbed up the wrong way.

Just grow some (non shaved) balls ffs, and come out and say that what has been going on is not acceptable, and things are going to change. People would respect him for that. Blaming the schoolgirl and whoever else and never taking responsibility is just pissweak. It doesent matter if a particular incident is technically his 'fault' or not, he is the leader and needs to cop it sweet when shit happens on his watch. There are certain leaders (Johnson, Kirk, Harley) who as a young player you would never dream of whipping out a camera and taking a photo of their tackle, if you did you would probably be moved on before you could blink.

Before I Die
06-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Does anyone else think that the worst mistake St Kilda made was to get rid of Luke Ball? Ball strikes me as the sort of bloke who'd you'd listen to when he eyeballed you and told you to lift your game.

That is the sort of leadership they are desperatly missing. As good as Riewoldt is as far as he is concerned it's Nick first, team second and that's exactly the wrong type to have as captain.

The Saints remind me of the Australian cricket selectors and team. They havent even admitted they have a problem yet and are heading for death by a thousand cuts.

I don't think it is about respect for Riewoldt, I think it is about club priorities. If your priority is purely on field success then all that matters is a player's football ability and how it fits into the team's game plan. A scenario which leads to the cutting of Ball and the recruitment of Lovett (or Fevola or Chick or....etc). Bad boys can be great footballers and also great captains and they can bring premiershio success. The examples are numerous, the best known being Carey and Cousins.

We are not scandal free, but we are close to it and I believe that is not just because of Johnno, but because of Smorgon, Rose, Eade and Clayton plus others. We don't recruit dickheads and if we do by mistake, we don't keep them. Has it cost us a premiership? Who knows, but I am extremely happy with, and proud of, our club's stance.

ps. I remember as a kid being disappointed when "Bones" McGhie was sacked for an indiscretion on an interstate trip only to be picked up by Richmond to play in a premiership team. Now I feel disappointed in him, proud of the Dogs stance, and disappointed that his subsequent sucess meant the bad behaviour was rewarded. I am also glad that my club is run by mature, socially responsible adults and not adults who behave like kids who would pay any price for fleeting success.

Ghost Dog
06-02-2011, 01:59 PM
I agree with this and think if it keeps happening again and again its totally fine to question
the leadership, as you would in any business / corporation etc .. someone has to take responsibility sooner or later and its because Reiwoldt is so reluctant to do this that people get rubbed up the wrong way.

Just grow some (non shaved) balls ffs, and come out and say that what has been going on is not acceptable, and things are going to change. People would respect him for that. Blaming the schoolgirl and whoever else and never taking responsibility is just pissweak. It doesent matter if a particular incident is technically his 'fault' or not, he is the leader and needs to cop it sweet when shit happens on his watch. There are certain leaders (Johnson, Kirk, Harley) who as a young player you would never dream of whipping out a camera and taking a photo of their tackle, if you did you would probably be moved on before you could blink.

Great post

Ghost Dog
06-02-2011, 02:04 PM
I don't think it is about respect for Riewoldt, I think it is about club priorities. If your priority is purely on field success then all that matters is a player's football ability and how it fits into the team's game plan. A scenario which leads to the cutting of Ball and the recruitment of Lovett (or Fevola or Chick or....etc). Bad boys can be great footballers and also great captains and they can bring premiershio success. The examples are numerous, the best known being Carey and Cousins.

We are not scandal free, but we are close to it and I believe that is not just because of Johnno, but because of Smorgon, Rose, Eade and Clayton plus others. We don't recruit dickheads and if we do by mistake, we don't keep them. Has it cost us a premiership? Who knows, but I am extremely happy with, and proud of, our club's stance.

True enough. Take a long term view. What happened to North in subsequent years? Eagles? Very awkward times as a result of off field woe. Mention ' Carey' or 'Cousins' now and the word 'premiership' is not the first one that springs to mind.

single cup aside, hard to measure the cost / benefit of having a 'loose radical' in your list when looking long term. ( success, premiership V legal fees, media impact, memberships, hush money, pissing other players off )

Dogs supporters salivate over the thought of a single premiership in an era of drought. But that's not enough.

Sustained top of the ladder performance over a number of years which refrlects recruiting, management and other complex factors that take hundereds of people years to build toward. One errant player can do incredible damage to a club in the era of media mania. You could get away with much more in the past than now. Twitter, youtube, forums, just snowballs.

Myself, sounds a bit fake or contrived, but it's not - I associate the club with Australian values, community and fighting spirit off and on the field. ( holds hand over heart::D )
means much more to me than a premiership actually.

Before I Die
06-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Take a long term view. What happened to North in subsequent years? Eagles? Very awkward times as a result of their respective club cultures. Mention ' Carey' or 'Cousins' now and the word 'premiership' is not the first one that springs to mind.

Hard to measure the cost / benefit of having a 'loose radical' in your list. ( success, premiership V legal fees, media impact, memberships, hush money, pissing other players off )

Dogs supporters salivate over the thought of a single premiership in an era of drought. But that's not enough.

Sustained top of the ladder performance over a number of years which refrlects recruiting, management and other complex factors that take hundereds of people years to build toward. One errant player can do incredible damage to a club in the era of media mania. You could get away with much more in the past than now. Twitter, youtube, forums, just snowballs.

Myself, sounds a bit fake or contrived, but it's not - I associate the club with Australian values, community and fighting spirit off and on the field. ( holds hand over heart::D )
means much more to me than a premiership actually.

You and me alike, though we will possibly get shouted down (this is the reason I don't post on the other footy site). Though I crave success for our club, I don't want it at any price.

Now back to the Aints. I suspect that Lyon sees his players as no more than chess pieces on a playing board. He is arrogant, a workaholic and fixated on the ultimate prize. In some ways I am amazed he worked so well with Roos who seems to be very concerned for the welfare of his players. If the Aints start to slide, I think there may be some very nasty fallout to follow.

bornadog
07-02-2011, 11:17 PM
You gotta laugh

Nick Riewoldt apologises to woman after obscene words, gestures

A WOMAN says St Kilda captain Nick Riewoldt told her to "f--- off" after she took a picture of the team at a beachside restaurant, in the latest bad behaviour claims to emerge about the team.

But Mary, who aired the allegations on Derryn Hinch’s show on Radio 3AW this afternoon, claims her treatment by the club and by player manager Ricky Nixon made her far angrier than the initial incident.

“Mary” told Hinch this afternoon “all the players were there” at St Kilda’s Stokehouse in the daytime gathering the day after the team failed at last year’s AFL Premiership Grand Final against Collingwood.

Continued Here (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nick-riewoldt-told-woman-to-f-off-after-she-took-st-kilda-picture/story-e6frf7jo-1226001646771)

Topdog
08-02-2011, 09:33 AM
LOL, bornadog you have linked to the "quote post" button somehow.

Twodogs
08-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Continued Here (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=198681)

WTF? How did you do that BAD?

The rest of the article is here;

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nick-riewoldt-told-woman-to-f-off-after-she-took-st-kilda-picture/story-e6frf7jo-1226001646771

The Coon Dog
08-02-2011, 11:12 AM

Easy peasy, he just copied the wrong link.

Twodogs
08-02-2011, 11:21 AM

You're right, it is easy peasy (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=198924)

:cool:

LostDoggy
09-02-2011, 04:46 AM

ps. I remember as a kid being disappointed when "Bones" McGhie was sacked for an indiscretion on an interstate trip only to be picked up by Richmond to play in a premiership team. Now I feel disappointed in him, proud of the Dogs stance, and disappointed that his subsequent sucess meant the bad behaviour was rewarded. I am also glad that my club is run by mature, socially responsible adults and not adults who behave like kids who would pay any price for fleeting success.

Amen.

LostDoggy
09-02-2011, 04:53 AM
It terms of easy or common, I refer to sexting and other unsavory practices.
The very fact that legislation had to be brought in especially to clamp down on people sharing images of other's privates is proof of how common it is. As much as you might want to pretend AFL players are outside the community, they are not. And issues like alcohol, drugs, having sex with donkeys and other weirdo behaviour is present in small percentages of the community, AFL no exception.

Sure, they were stupid to allow all the chain of events to happen that transpired.
Be that as it may, a couple of things.

1. Reiwoldt is the player at this current point in the conga line of subjects in the St Kilda thread.

But just because so and so did something, does it mean we an automatically paint others with the brush?
Did he get anyone pregnant? No. Did he post his own picture on the internet? No. Did he take his own picture? No.
And as you say, Johnno does not want to be anywhere near this debate, so lets leave him out of it. What he would or would not do is neither here nor there.

With the Saints, alot of people tend to take the guilty until proven innocent view.
Case by case basis for me, but have it your way. What is Reiwoldt's crime exatly in your view?

Hi Ghost Dog, in light of everything that has come to light since our original conversation, would you now agree that perhaps there is a cultural issue at the Saints, a very sick club and playing list ethically, and an undefendable 'captain' in Riewoldt?

I noticed a very stern post from yourself in the 'Dogs' disgrace' thread about not doing anything silly overseas so I know that you aren't simply someone who condones bad behaviour, and I know you are a very well-reasoned poster (who just wanted to be fair to St. Kilda when the news was breaking), but I hope you can see that I really wasn't talking out of my you-know-what.

That place is a mess ethically, if not (yet) performance-wise, although one can only hope!

bornadog
09-02-2011, 02:13 PM

The rest of the article is here;

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nick-riewoldt-told-woman-to-f-off-after-she-took-st-kilda-picture/story-e6frf7jo-1226001646771

You're right, it is easy peasy (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=198924)

:cool:

Whoops should have checked it:D:D - Now Fixed

Still gotta laugh though the way the SAints stories keep coming out.

Remi Moses
09-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Capt Diver showing his now common lack of any class!
What about Nixon? Absolute classless individual that bloke

Ghost Dog
09-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi Ghost Dog, in light of everything that has come to light since our original conversation, would you now agree that perhaps there is a cultural issue at the Saints, a very sick club and playing list ethically, and an undefendable 'captain' in Riewoldt?

I noticed a very stern post from yourself in the 'Dogs' disgrace' thread about not doing anything silly overseas so I know that you aren't simply someone who condones bad behaviour, and I know you are a very well-reasoned poster (who just wanted to be fair to St. Kilda when the news was breaking), but I hope you can see that I really wasn't talking out of my you-know-what.

That place is a mess ethically, if not (yet) performance-wise, although one can only hope!

I get your general point Lantern, You use the word ' sick' and I feel it applies less to Riewoldt ( whiff of seediness) than it does to other members of their list ( stench of seediness ) until proven otherwise.
However, granted, Taken at face value, yes, they are on the nose! Some say it will galvinize them but I dunno...

Some pretty ordinary follow up behaviour to Dikileaks in the weeks after I made that post right? . Saints are constantly harping on about what they stand for. Wearing thin isn't it? Captains need a bit more nouse than Reiwoldt.
And this week we got a little taste of scandle ourselves. No thanks!

The Coon Dog
19-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Just tought I'd mention Ricky Nixon was once a St.Kilda player.

Desipura
19-02-2011, 11:14 AM
I had to laugh when Mark Wiliiams went over the top celebrating the goal that drew the game, Montagna looked at him and smiled as if to say "are you serious, it's only Feb and you are carrying on as if you won a grand final."

soupman
19-02-2011, 11:38 AM
I had to laugh when Mark Wiliiams went over the top celebrating the goal that drew the game, Montagna looked at him and smiled as if to say "are you serious, it's only Feb and you are carrying on as if you won a grand final."

I liked it. What's wrong with kicking a goal after the siren and getting caught up in the excitement. Just look at the crowd s reaction. They loved it.

At least he didn't pull out the shotgun move.

jazzadogs
19-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I liked it. What's wrong with kicking a goal after the siren and getting caught up in the excitement. Just look at the crowd s reaction. They loved it.

At least he didn't pull out the shotgun move.
I don't think I would have minded if the goal had won the game.

But it was a draw. A shot after the siren, sure. But it was a draw. Have you ever seen a reaction like that to a draw?

Sockeye Salmon
19-02-2011, 01:13 PM

But it was a draw. A shot after the siren, sure. But it was a draw. Have you ever seen a reaction like that to a draw?

And considering how they smashed Brisbane in the first game they would still have qualified for the 2nd round even if they had lost.

soupman
19-02-2011, 05:49 PM

Brady Rawlings and Brent Harvey?:D Nathan Brown?:D

Ghost Dog
19-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Just tought I'd mention Ricky Nixon was once a St.Kilda player.

HAHAHAHAH that I did not know. :D

jazzadogs
20-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Brady Rawlings and Brent Harvey?:D Nathan Brown?:D
I was half expecting that. Well played.

LostDoggy
28-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Does anybody know if there's any truth to the rumours of a video? (No, not the Nixon one)

EasternWest
28-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Does anybody know if there's any truth to the rumours of a video? (No, not the Nixon one)

Containing what? First I've heard of any video.

Desipura
28-02-2011, 04:33 PM
I personally know a story about the same girl and an authority that has not even been mentioned in the news (well the girl has not been linked)

LostDoggy
01-03-2011, 09:01 AM
When we play the 'Ainters, would it be out of place for all Bulldog Fans to go to the game in "Schoolgirl Uniforms"???????

OMG, and they complain about the trouble at a Soccer game

Sockeye Salmon
01-03-2011, 09:11 AM

There's plenty of people on internet forums who claim to have seen it but I'm yet to find anyone I know personally who has

Mofra
01-03-2011, 10:35 AM
There's plenty of people on internet forums who claim to have seen it but I'm yet to find anyone I know personally who has
Hinch has mentioned the video a few times on his blog.

There is a poster on BF who has the username "Armitage2Riewoldt" - I think he's had the most profile views of anyone there in the past month :D

LostDoggy
01-03-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't want to say what the video apparently contains just in case WOOF gets in the shit, but I will say it's supposedly of a pornographic nature, and features no women. :D

aker39
01-03-2011, 03:59 PM

There is a poster on BF who has the username "Armitage2Riewoldt" - I think he's had the most profile views of anyone there in the past month :D

Hinch also tweeted this today

Rumour getting stronger. At one football club initiation ceremony you have to give head to get ahead.

Doc26
02-03-2011, 09:18 PM

Hinch also tweeted this today

Rumour getting stronger. At one football club initiation ceremony you have to give head to get ahead.

Simply revolting.