Very small and light with those stats.

Murphy'sLore
07-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Lightning quick midfielder with "decent enough power"
176cm
68kg

From East Fremantle.

Very small and light with those stats.

He doesn't weigh much more than i do!! And I am not large.

Mofra
07-12-2010, 12:45 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=104451

Height: 176cm
Weight: 67kg
DOB: 08/11/92
Club: East Fremantle (WA)

Bio: Lightning quick midfielder with a decent amount of power.

In his own words
What type of player are you?
I would describe myself as a player who uses his speed to break the lines and makes the right choices with disposal.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble and why?
Stephen Hill. Because we both use our speed to our advantage and we have a long, penetrating kick.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
My speed, decision making and ball use.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
My tackling and marking.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Carlton - their style of play is exciting with a lot of small forwards and have really good players like Chris Judd, Kade Simpson, Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs, etc.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
Murray Glaskin - he was my junior football coach. He pushed me to become the footballer I am now and I am very grateful for him putting in extra just for me.

divvydan
07-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Jason played 14 games at Colts level in the WAFL in 2010.

16.2 disp
9.9 kicks
3.4 marks
2.0 tackles
2.1 Inside 50's

Only 1 goal for the season.

Scorlibo
07-12-2010, 01:02 PM
More excited about this guy than any of the other selections today.

The Bulldogs Bite
07-12-2010, 01:06 PM
More excited about this guy than any of the other selections today.

Any reason why?

Maybe mjp can shed some light on this kid.

Desipura
07-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Go JJ!

bulldogsman
07-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Video of Jason Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbFhxHtAUV8)

Not exactly lightning quick.

DOG GOD
07-12-2010, 01:32 PM
I can see a bit of Daniel Wells in the way he moves and his kicking style from that vid Bulldogsman.

The Bulldogs Bite
07-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Sarcasm bulldogsman?

He looks very quick to me, and has an identical running style to one Stephen Hill. His kicking action looked OK too.

bulldogsman
07-12-2010, 01:40 PM
I can see a bit of Daniel Wells in the way he moves and his kicking style from that vid Bulldogsman.

Yeah I like the look of him, hopefully he can fulfill his talent unlike Wells.

Interested to hear mjp's assessment.

bulldogsman
07-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Sarcasm bulldogsman?

He looks very quick to me, and has an identical running style to one Stephen Hill. His kicking action looked OK too.

Nope. He's definitely quick, but I wouldn't say he's lightning quick. My definition of lighting quick might be a bit harsh though.

LostDoggy
07-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Mjp opinion please

Cyberdoggie
07-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Definately has Hill and Wells characteristics from that video.

I worry that he's similar to Stack where they bob up for a cameo every now and again and then go missing.

The best highlight was the chase down he made. Most players wouldn't of bothered to run in that instance.

Pedro Sanchez
07-12-2010, 07:19 PM
This kid looks a natural ball player. From that vid oozes class and is a dead ringer for the way Hill moves. Loved that tackle and chase in particular.

mjp
08-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Most of that video is from the colts gf - when it cuts away (and Claremont are the opposition) that looks like East Fremantle oval...I assume that is the 2nd semi final.

Hard to judge his performance in the GF. He started on the bench that day and barely touched the ball in the first half - when the avalanche came in the second half (triggered by Schofield I have to say) he managed to get on the end of a few...you see him running away from Kieran Butcher in one piece of play and that is definitely second half footage (and looks like last quarter).

I would be surprised if he plays seniors at Willi next year. Long-term development.

The Bulldogs Bite
29-11-2011, 09:38 PM
What did Williamstown watchers make of Johannissen's first season at the club?

When I first saw him in a few pre-season training sessions, I thought he looked out of his depth. His fitness was pretty poor in comparison to others his age, and his kicking seemed to lack depth and any real sort of penetration.

However, in a few of those Foxtel Cup games, he seemed to do some OK things.

Anyone able to shed some more light on him, and if he's a good chance to make it -- long term of course? Should he be able to play the majority of the year in the seniors in 2012?

Cyberdoggie
29-11-2011, 10:11 PM
I haven't seen enough of him as i'd like but perhaps you could liken his year to Tutt's first year. Both seem a little light and young, improved somewhat towards the end of the year but this is the year for him if he wants to make the grade. From the pictures i've seen of him so far he's looking fairly fit and put on a little size. We certainly can use players with some run because our stocks aren't particularly high.

LostDoggy
29-11-2011, 10:31 PM
I saw a few of the last matches of the year and thought that he had really cemented his spot in the seniors. From my hazy memory he seemed to choose the right option and put pressure on the opposition. Honestly didn't see enough to properly comment, I'm sure there are others who know better.

I do however feel this picture from training needs to be shared. That is one awesome hair do.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h388/slumslum/jj.jpg

Ghost Dog
29-11-2011, 10:57 PM
I saw a few of the last matches of the year and thought that he had really cemented his spot in the seniors. From my hazy memory he seemed to choose the right option and put pressure on the opposition. Honestly didn't see enough to properly comment, I'm sure there are others who know better.

I do however feel this picture from training needs to be shared. That is one awesome hair do.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h388/slumslum/jj.jpg

Hammer time!

Sockeye Salmon
29-11-2011, 11:46 PM
He had a good game v Box Hill and kicked 3 from memory but we won by about 100 so it was hardly a tough day at the office. He looked alright.

Greystache
30-11-2011, 01:09 AM
He made significant progress this year and played some pretty good footy in the Will seniors in the end. The jury's still out but he a chance to make it if he keeps improving. His primary area he needs to improve in is his fitness, he struggled to run out games, and so far in the preseason he's at the back of the running drills. He seems to recognise this though as I've seen him stay out after training to do additional work. So hopefully with a really good preseason he can have a strong year at Will in 2012.

Desipura
30-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Hammer time!

Must have the same hairdresser as Boumann.

LostDoggy
30-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Another year on the rookie list is fine by me.

Bulldog Revolution
30-11-2011, 11:06 AM
He made significant progress this year and played some pretty good footy in the Will seniors in the end. The jury's still out but he a chance to make it if he keeps improving. His primary area he needs to improve in is his fitness, he struggled to run out games, and so far in the preseason he's at the back of the running drills. He seems to recognise this though as I've seen him stay out after training to do additional work. So hopefully with a really good preseason he can have a strong year at Will in 2012.

This is exactly what I thought in the limited vision I saw of him

strebla
30-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Along with Panos was the big improver this year really looking forward to both of these blokes getting some senior action next year.

stefoid
30-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Continual improvement is what you want from rookies, otherwise - the chop!

The Doctor
30-11-2011, 01:31 PM
looked reasonable in both Willi ressies and seniors the times I saw him play.

Certainly deserves another year on the rookie list and hopefully he can step up to a higher level to earn a spot on the main list.

Cyberdoggie
30-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Must have the same hairdresser as Boumann.

I think Boumann's was more impressive :p

stefoid
30-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I think Boumann's was more impressive :p

Here is a picture of boumann after he was drafted.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAhp11YJhdxvNBP86Ie6TT599-N-PdZ50d82tgTnpnfMewx0CS

bornadog
30-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Can we upgrade him seeing Schofield is gone?

chef
30-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Can we upgrade him seeing Schofield is gone?

Is he worth upgrading ATM?

bulldogtragic
30-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Wouldn't we have done that if we wanted to already?

bornadog
30-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Is he worth upgrading ATM?

Not sure

Wouldn't we have done that if we wanted to already?

Yeah your probably right.