PDA

View Full Version : Footy training saturday 18/12/10

Twodogs
16-12-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm heading down to Whitten Oval on saturday to watch training. If anyone else is thinking of going why dont we have a WOOF catch up? We could pick a spot to meet, watch training and then have a coffee afterwards in the Pound.

So is anyone else in?

Mantis
16-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I was thinking of going, but now that I know that you will be there I might go and wash my car.

The Coon Dog
16-12-2010, 12:50 PM
My son has cricket, but if he didn't I'd probably be doing my nails or some such! ;)

westdog54
16-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Whitten Oval is a 2 hour drive for me nowadays.

Be a pal and take some notes for me.

Twodogs
16-12-2010, 01:42 PM
I was thinking of going, but now that I know that you will be there I might go and wash my car.

I could bring my car too. Then you could do them both!

LostDoggy
17-12-2010, 07:09 PM
What time/ place suits everyone ?

I have a car club tour I,m organizing but I,d like to come down to see the pride of the red,white and blue being put through their paces and meet up with some fellow members of the Galactic Empire of WOOF and have a coffee in the Temple of the Beard http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq262/cca31/Emoticons/tummenupp.gif

LostDoggy
18-12-2010, 03:11 AM
Some photos would be good if anyone has the time..,

Twodogs
18-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Sorry guys-I couldnt make it. My dear old mum is in hospital again.

Mantis
18-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Since it was raining and I couldn't wash the car I headed down to training.

Players missing - Boyd (wisdom teeth), Cooney, Williams, Ward, Jones, Roughy (did running), Hooper (left track early), Hall (did footy stuff), Schofield, Johannissen, Barlow, Lake, Hargrave

Footy stuff:

* Main drills were some ball movement drills where there was emphasis on running hard thru the lines & zoning drills.

* Skinner - did some extremely impressive things where he showed off a deft touch and some great reflexes. His zoning & tackling was very good.

* Sherman - showed what he will bring with some great running through the middle of the ground.

* Vezspremi - clean hands and did some impressive things.

* Liberatore - his very clean hands & great vision where on show in the zoning drills.

Running:

2 groups.

Group 1 - Gia, Cross, Wallis, Libba, Howard, Tutt, Wood, Djerrkura, J.Hill, Moles, Sherman, Addison, Griffen, Picken

Group 2 - Cordy, Skinner, Gilbee, Hahn, Veszpremi, Roughy, Stack, Grant, Minson, Huddo, Dahlhaus, Reid, T.Hill

(I have probably missed a couple)

Very solid running session that lasted close to an hour.

Groups started off doing 400's, then 200's, then sprints, followed by stairs, then more sprints. Group 1 did some longer stuff at the end to finish off.

I guess rather than go through everyone I can answer questions on individuals, but overall the standard was high and besides Skinner who struggled a bit with the longer stuff there were no real stragglers.

LostDoggy
18-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Had to Bloody Work Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. On a better note, only 98 days to go to meet Hird and Co.
Go Dogs

Bulldog4life
18-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Since it was raining and I couldn't wash the car I headed down to training.

I guess rather than go through everyone I can answer questions on individuals, but overall the standard was high and besides Skinner who struggled a bit with the longer stuff there were no real stragglers.

Rocket indicated on Thursday night that Skinner football smarts are no doubt AFL standard but at this stage his fitness base isn't, which is what he is working on.

LostDoggy
18-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Headed to the oval this morning to do some last minute Xmas shopping...saw a few of the players leaving, didn't realise training was on else I woulda gone down earlier :|

LostDoggy
18-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Headed to the oval this morning to do some last minute Xmas shopping...saw a few of the players leaving, didn't realise training was on else I woulda gone down earlier :|

Yeah Alexx, same, we met some friends for lunch at 12.00 p.m. and I didn't realise the boys had been training until we saw all of them walk out. Gee I love going to the Pound and seeing the boys.......:D

G-Mo77
18-12-2010, 04:58 PM
How did the senior boys look in the running session? Everyone wants to talk about the new blood, I'd like to hear how our leaders looked.

I'm also interested to see how Josh Hill did in the same session.

Mantis
18-12-2010, 05:33 PM
How did the senior boys look in the running session? Everyone wants to talk about the new blood, I'd like to hear how our leaders looked.

Gia & Cross were continually at the front of the 'main' group, they set the pace for the rest to keep. Murphy was also prominent.

Gilbee was pretty much always in front of the 2nd group.

I'm also interested to see how Josh Hill did in the same session.

In the first few runs he was towards the back of the main group, but he was up the front half for the rest and did well in the stair runs.

I did hear that his training over the past few weeks has been very good.

G-Mo77
18-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Good to hear on both counts. Thanks for the info.

Bulldog4life
18-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah Alexx, same, we met some friends for lunch at 12.00 p.m. and I didn't realise the boys had been training until we saw all of them walk out. Gee I love going to the Pound and seeing the boys.......:D

Gotta to read WOOF each day. This thread was written on Thursday 16th.;)

chef
19-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the report Mantis.

With the extra weight Cordy now carries has he lost any of his speed, agility etc?

Mantis
19-12-2010, 10:22 AM
With the extra weight Cordy now carries has he lost any of his speed, agility etc?

He still moves pretty well for a guy his size.

It is very noticable that his body shape has changed, hopefully the bulk he has added allows him to stay on the field a lot more in 2011.

LostDoggy
19-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Gotta to read WOOF each day. This thread was written on Thursday 16th.;)

Yes, sometimes I don't get to look on WOOF every day - no excuses, but last week was very social for me!;)

Bulldog Revolution
19-12-2010, 10:41 PM
I'd be interested in insights on Wallis, Howard and Tutt

Do Tutt and Howard look like they are geting closer to AFL running requirements

Is Wallis as hard a work as he looks on the VO2max test?

Mantis
20-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Do Tutt and Howard look like they are geting closer to AFL running requirements

Both ran in the main group and did a good job keeping up. Howard semed to be up in the front half for most of the runs whereas Tutt was towards the rear, but was never dropped.

I would think by the end of this pre-season they will have the fitness base to allow them to play AFL, but I guess that will be decided by how they perform.

Is Wallis as hard a work as he looks on the VO2max test?

Yep he certainly looks like a hard worker, we was sucking in the big ones a few times, but kept just kept on going.

Mofra
20-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Both ran in the main group and did a good job keeping up. Howard semed to be up in the front half for most of the runs whereas Tutt was towards the rear, but was never dropped.
Very good to read this, he did ok last year from no pre-season so could push for a debut in 2011 with a decent fitness base.

Cyberdoggie
20-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Very good to read this, he did ok last year from no pre-season so could push for a debut in 2011 with a decent fitness base.

He looks fit enough to start being an option, hopefully he can put in some good performances at Willy

MrMahatma
20-12-2010, 08:35 PM
2011 could be a sensational year if guys like Howard, Tutt, Cordy all come good. We've blooded a fair few young kids in the past couple of years and the turn over looks set to continue. Howard's good kicking could add real value to the team if he can get up and running.

Based on these reports, it seems we're drafting kids that have the right attitude these days. Obviously as supporters we look at them through rose tinted glasses, at least first up, but these kids all seem to be putting in the yards.

Exciting times.

Bulldog Revolution
20-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Cheers

pleasing to hear the youngsters look to be making progress