PDA

View Full Version : Brian looking forward to 2011 !!!

LostDoggy
24-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Brian " I got a Rocket from Rocket " Lake was a grumpy bugger this year , no wonder , when you add up the number of players who had their share of bad luck in 2010 we really did'nt have the firepower to grab the silverware we deserve. All the best Brian for a successful 2011

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/106513/default.aspx

azabob
24-12-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm glad he's lost 6 odd kilos, to me he's always looked overweight in the upper body. Hopefully for Lake's sake the new sub rule doesn't increase one on one contests in the forward 50.

He is probably the best reader of the play in the comp when the ball is coming in and being even more mobile will help him give the chop out more often than he already does.

Mofra
24-12-2010, 12:09 PM
He is probably the best reader of the play in the comp when the ball is coming in and being even more mobile will help him give the chop out more often than he already does.
His gamestyle isn't reliant on overpowering opponents so anything that helps his mobility and prolongs his career is a positive. IIRC most players have a target weight to reach by the end of pre-season and most of their progress is micro-managed towards a specific outcome.

bulldogsman
24-12-2010, 12:55 PM
"I'm 28 years old ... so I've got another good six years left, I hope.

So do I.

LostDoggy
24-12-2010, 12:57 PM
The other contender for Best Fullback in the last five years the fellow down the Freeway Mr M Scarlett plays at about 92-95 kg's , I,m sure he would'nt have the same impact at 100+kg's .

The speed of the game and the rotation rules will I think lead to a lot of senior players being leaner this season . Core strength will always be a focus on pre-season training but agility and mobility will now take up more time in the training program . Pilates and Yoga are already used by Clubs as part of their programs but I can see both of them being used as preventative and longevity exercises with the senior players spending more time on them in the Finals .