PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs stars Adam Cooney and Brian Lake ready to fire

BulldogBelle
18-01-2011, 07:59 AM
* Jon Ralph
* January 18, 2011 12:00AM

The Dogs are confident Lake and Cooney will play several NAB Cup games, along with 33-year-old veteran Barry Hall.

Brownlow medallist Cooney missed the finals series with a torn hamstring and eased into the pre-season.

Full-back Lake had hip, knee and shoulder surgery and has dropped 6kg to ease the pressure on his body.

But defender Ryan Hargrave is struggling with a foot injury and might not play until late in the NAB Cup or perhaps not until Round 1.

The Dogs plan to give their stars a graduated workload while showcasing some youngsters.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-stars-adam-cooney-and-brian-lake-ready-to-fire/story-e6frf9jf-1225989838406

Murphy'sLore
18-01-2011, 12:19 PM
No mention of Bob Murphy on this list of captaincy contenders. He was mooted earlier, wasn't he?

GVGjr
18-01-2011, 01:35 PM
No mention of Bob Murphy on this list of captaincy contenders. He was mooted earlier, wasn't he?

I don't think so.

Murphy doesn't seem ambitious enough.

LostDoggy
18-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Shame. When he speaks in an official capacity he is fantastic . I reckon he truly loves the club and community .On field he's injury prone
But still a champion .

Swoop
18-01-2011, 11:02 PM
I personally believe at the moment there is no clear standout candidate which is why I would love to see Hudson get the role for the interim until someone has truly emerged within the next 1-2 years.

I'm realistic enough to understand this will not happen but I think with another season or two under his belt Cooney will have fully emerged as an excellent candidate.

Desipura
19-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Guys, I just got a smart a$$ email from a pies mate stating that Cooney looked like Lance Whitnall in the Hun. Is he carrying a bit of weight as a result of not being able to run until now? I did read he has been doing a bit of boxing instead. I personally did not think he looked too heavy.
I will be going to training on Friday and will be sure to keep an eye out for him.

Ozza
19-01-2011, 12:35 PM
I personally believe at the moment there is no clear standout candidate which is why I would love to see Hudson get the role for the interim until someone has truly emerged within the next 1-2 years.

I'm realistic enough to understand this will not happen but I think with another season or two under his belt Cooney will have fully emerged as an excellent candidate.

However unlikely this scenario is - I agree. Hudson appears to be a really great leader, is a ferocious competitor - and would give us that year or so breathing space before installing someone for the long term. Unfortunately it won't happen. I think we'll end up with Boyd. I'd prefer we didn't - but will support it anyway.

Mantis
19-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Guys, I just got a smart a$$ email from a pies mate stating that Cooney looked like Lance Whitnall in the Hun. Is he carrying a bit of weight as a result of not being able to run until now? I did read he has been doing a bit of boxing instead. I personally did not think he looked too heavy.
I will be going to training on Friday and will be sure to keep an eye out for him.

He is in very good shape, the fittest I have seen him at this time of the year for quite awhile.

Tell your Pies mate to bugger off.

LostDoggy
20-01-2011, 03:34 PM

Or Dale Morris :confused: