PDA

View Full Version : This weeks Ins and Out's

LostDoggy
29-07-2007, 10:18 PM
I'll go with

In Grant, McDougall and Faulkner
Out Hill, McMahon and Tiller

Thta might be tough on McMahon but he jsut isn't himself at the moment and a week at the Bees in the middle might be the right cure for him. Tiller unlcuky but if Grant is available then lets play him. Wight could be dropped as well.

Anyone got any other suggestions

LostDoggy
29-07-2007, 10:19 PM
No West?

LostDoggy
29-07-2007, 10:25 PM
If McMahon is dropped who takes say half the kicks outs, plays back pocket, minds a small forward and provides run out of the backline?

2 smalls out for 1 replacement small doesn't seem right to me when we were slaughtered in contested possession.

BulldogBelle
29-07-2007, 10:28 PM
In - Grant, West

Out - Tiller and Hill

LostDoggy
29-07-2007, 10:41 PM
If McMahon is dropped who takes say half the kicks outs, plays back pocket, minds a small forward and provides run out of the backline?

2 smalls out for 1 replacement small doesn't seem right to me when we were slaughtered in contested possession.

I'm not sure but on form McMahon should get a spell. Power might be able to take the kick ins. We can't accept last week results so we do need to cut the guys who aren't performing. What changes would you make?

I think going into the game with an extra tall is a good insurance policy

LostDoggy
29-07-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure but on form McMahon should get a spell. Power might be able to take the kick ins. We can't accept last week results so we do need to cut the guys who aren't performing. What changes would you make?

I think going into the game with an extra tall is a good insurance policy
Agree McMahon deserves a spell but so do 3 or 4 others. Comparing McMahon to Power, I'd take McMahon. Power didn't make the McMahon mistakes but didn't take many creative risks to make mistakes.

I hope at least two of West, Gilbee, Cross and Grant can play.

If Doogs and Grant play then 2 talls come out as I think we are too top heavy. Guess they will be Tiller and Wight.
Hill is the other candidate to come out.
Like to hear the progress on Cross, Gilbee or West before I'd suggest changes.
Harbrow, Power or Higgins will possibly be dropped. If none of those top 3 come up then Faulkner or Robbins or both will probably play.

Sockeye Salmon
30-07-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure but on form McMahon should get a spell. Power might be able to take the kick ins.

POWER MIGHT BE ABLE TO TAKE THE KICK-INS?

Are you F***** insane?

Go_Dogs
30-07-2007, 11:01 AM
I'd almost throw Everitt down there to kick the ball in.

bornadog
30-07-2007, 01:25 PM
What I would like to see:

In: West, Grant, McDougall

Out: Power, Hill and Tiller (unlucky)

What will happen:

In: West, Grant,
Out: Power, Hill

DOG GOD
30-07-2007, 02:45 PM
what id like to see:

In: west, grant, faulkner, mcdougall

Out: Hill, wight, harbrow, tiller

what might happen:

in: west, grant

Out: hill, tiller (unlucky)

Bulldog Revolution
30-07-2007, 04:59 PM

Are you F***** insane?

Hargraves did most of the kicking in on Friday night. I dont fancy Power - he just doesn't have the confidence required for the role.

I wouldn't drop McMahon - I was surprised they did not swing him onto the ball at all on Friday night. I did think he looked despondent in a back pocket and thought we could have tried his athleticism in there to match the rampant kerr and cousins.

aker39
30-07-2007, 05:15 PM
I was surprised they did not swing him onto the ball at all on Friday night. I did think he looked despondent in a back pocket and thought we could have tried his athleticism in there to match the rampant kerr and cousins.

They would have just brushed him aside.

mjp
30-07-2007, 05:27 PM

Are you F***** insane?

SS - You have to know what I am going to say.

'Sammy Power's left foot is like a SCALPEL'.

Golf clap for posters (apart from Sockeye and Ernie) able to correctly identify the source of this quote.

Dry Rot
30-07-2007, 05:42 PM
what id like to see:

In: west, grant, faulkner, mcdougall

Out: Hill, wight, harbrow, tiller

what might happen:

in: west, grant

Out: hill, tiller (unlucky)

Welcome to WOOF, DOG GOD.

Agree that mcDougall should have done enough to get a gig. The continued preference for the light bodied Harbrow over Faulkner is interesting. I suspect that the latter is about to finish his career with us.

Bulldog Revolution
30-07-2007, 07:02 PM
They would have just brushed him aside.

The brushed everyone else aside as it was, perhaps apart from a bit of Boyd resistance.

With Gilbee out we really need to get McMahon more into the play and not have him dragged out of it.

DOG GOD
30-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Welcome to WOOF, DOG GOD.

Agree that mcDougall should have done enough to get a gig. The continued preference for the light bodied Harbrow over Faulkner is interesting. I suspect that the latter is about to finish his career with us.

Thanks D.R cool to be part of W.O.O.F. as u know im a HUGE cam fan, but i too agree that cam is GONE!!

LostDoggy
30-07-2007, 09:59 PM

Golf clap for posters (apart from Sockeye and Ernie) able to correctly identify the source of this quote.

Its part of draft folklore just like "The next Andrew McLeod" or "the best ever Tasmanian"

For a hint on the original answers it came from the guy who recommended us Sedat Sir.

Mantis
31-07-2007, 12:31 PM

Kevin Sheahan - The doyen of Talent spotting.

mjp
31-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Golf clap for Mantis.

Mantis
31-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Sam "The Surgeon" Power - slices the opposition apart with his foot skills.

LostDoggy
31-07-2007, 01:33 PM
For a hint on the original answers it came from the guy who recommended us Sedat Sir.
Whoops that was Ray "Slug" Jordan.

bornadog
31-07-2007, 07:03 PM
At Eades press conference to day, he said McDougall will get a game either this week or next. I would like to see him play in the backline this week and move Hargrave to the forward line with Grant. The Saints have given us a hard time in recent years and we need all the help we can get as in the past, Morris, Hargrave and Gilbee have been out muscled by the Saints talls.

DOG GOD
31-07-2007, 08:16 PM
yeah i agree...doogs needs to play THIS week and then hopefully continue on for the rest of the year.

GVGjr
31-07-2007, 08:24 PM
yeah i agree...doogs needs to play THIS week and then hopefully continue on for the rest of the year.

I get the impression if Doogs was to be promoted to the team this week he would be in effect playing for his footy career. I think he was on the outer with the coach but has worked his way back into calculations with 3 strong performances. I also get the impression that our supporters are looking for someone to hang and Doogs could be the next whipping boy if he was to get towelled up.

Team balance is probably his biggest enemy this week. If Grant is to return it would make it a lot harder for him to get promoted.

bornadog
31-07-2007, 11:56 PM
I get the impression if Doogs was to be promoted to the team this week he would be in effect playing for his footy career. I think he was on the outer with the coach but has worked his way back into calculations with 3 strong performances. I also get the impression that our supporters are looking for someone to hang and Doogs could be the next whipping boy if he was to get towelled up.

Team balance is probably his biggest enemy this week. If Grant is to return it would make it a lot harder for him to get promoted.

Eade said, Grant and West playing will depend on how they pull up after training today. I wonder how they went?

aker39
01-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Eade said, Grant and West playing will depend on how they pull up after training today. I wonder how they went?

They said on the 10 news last night that Westy did not train.

mjp
01-08-2007, 10:10 AM

I would usually agree with this, but thinking about the last two weeks, it wouldn't have made a bit of difference if we went in with the wrong mix of talls/smalls - that was just not the problem. If we need to look at Doogs then we should simply play him, whether this means adding him and Grant and dropping two runners or not...I mean, what is the worst thing that could happen? We lose?

GVGjr
01-08-2007, 10:19 AM
I would usually agree with this, but thinking about the last two weeks, it wouldn't have made a bit of difference if we went in with the wrong mix of talls/smalls - that was just not the problem. If we need to look at Doogs then we should simply play him, whether this means adding him and Grant and dropping two runners or not...I mean, what is the worst thing that could happen? We lose?

I don't disagree with this. Generally speaking if you play enough players that are in form the team does well. Eade however, places a very high value on speedy players so I guess this will still be a big consideration for him.

bornadog
02-08-2007, 07:59 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: McMahon, Harris, Morris
HB: Everitt, Williams, Hargrave
C: Ray, West, Eagleton
HF: Giansiracusa, Johnson, Murphy
F: Higgins, Grant, Akermanis
FOLL: Darcy, Cooney, Boyd
I/C: Cross, Skipper, Power, Tiller
EM: Hill, McDougall, Harbrow
IN: Cross, Grant, West
OUT: Harbrow, Hill, Wight

bornadog
02-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Great to see Cross back

Surprised Harbrow out and Power still in?

Bulldog Revolution
02-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Great to see Cross back

Surprised Harbrow out and Power still in?

Incredible - will Cross play?

I love that little terrier Harbrow but he probably needed a spell - for a young body it must be pretty taxing playing senior AFL footy

If you are going to have Power on the list then really he has to be selected when we have this many guys out - tonight is his 80th game which takes him 1 ahead of Gronewegan and level with Micky McKenna

LostDoggy
02-08-2007, 11:29 PM
yeah Power does not deserve to be there at the moment..awful game last week

it seems cross is rushed back? i didnt expect him for anohter 2-3 weeks..

but if hes ready to go - cant wait. I hope West & Grant play, and one doesnt get rubbed out like west late last week :|