PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Bloody AFL Scandal

LostDoggy
31-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Hinch is at it again reporting rumours of a new AFL club scandal, not the Sainters this time, apparently story about to be broken soon.

Anyone know what it's about? Hopefully it's not the Dogs…

Topdog
31-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Probably the Collingwood rumour that is doing the rounds.

chef
31-01-2011, 01:39 PM

PM please.

Topdog
31-01-2011, 02:09 PM
its been on BF and others. HGH use during the final.

I don't believe it at all.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791453

aker39
31-01-2011, 04:18 PM

That's exactly what it is

Dancin' Douggy
31-01-2011, 04:38 PM
I know we have to be careful what we post here.
But..........
I was having drinks over summer with a very prominent afl player manager and general sport management figure.
He told me this story was going to break.
I said Really? And can I tell people?
He said yep, I don't care.
I didn't go out and shout it to the world because I'm just not like that.
But now that it's out, or soon to be out, I guess it's open season.
Is it?
mediators?

Topdog
31-01-2011, 04:42 PM
To an extent we do DD but the rumours are out there. Not sure what GVG would want but I think as long as players aren't named falsely (and none have been accused from any "sources") than it is ok to discuss the ramifications / chances of being true.

I just can't see it being true. Mind you I didn't believe that photo's like Saint Nicks would be on a 17y.o girls PC either.

LostDoggy
31-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Even if its partly true, the AFL are just gonna hide it and deny anything about it.

The Coon Dog
31-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Even if its partly true, the AFL are just gonna hide it and deny anything about it.

Especially if it's Collingwood, eh Chops? ;)

AndrewP6
31-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Wouldn't surprise me one little bit if something is awry....600-odd musclehead footy players, no club is squeaky clean.

Except ours, of course! :)

chef
31-01-2011, 06:31 PM

They've got to protect their cash cow.

LostDoggy
31-01-2011, 11:50 PM
The Pies are cash cow, but it matters little which club it is.
We have conveniently forgotten West Coast won a premiership with drug cheats.
They will only catch them when they need a scapegoat or an excuse.

Dancin' Douggy
01-02-2011, 12:42 AM
Well, he did name players and he did name the the drug and he did name the club.
And the person I was talking to, face to face, is a pretty heavy hitter.

But I can't help thinking that the afl will cover it up anyway because it's Collingwood.

I seriously loathe Demetriou and his gulag officers.

Before I sign off I want you all to know that I think the playing surface at docklands,
SORRY ETIHAD STADIUM, is absolutely perfect and all the rule changes are great and Chris Judd is doing a really terrific job for Visy and Carlton never tanked but Paul Roos did once in a nab cup game.
(So glad we dragged Roos over the coals for that one.)
And the food and drinks at the footy are of the highest standard and really very affordable.
Thank you honourable leader.

Dry Rot
01-02-2011, 01:27 AM
But I can't help thinking that the afl will cover it up anyway because it's Collingwood.

I disagree.

To avoid legal nasties, let's say hypothetically that the alleged rumours are true.

The AFL had a cracking end to season 2010, with a drawn grand final and then a reply. That cracking end of season will help them point out to TV networks about the audience and advertising pulling power of AFL, with a new TV deal on the horizon.

In my hypothetical alleged rumour world, IMO I don't think it really matters who played in that cracking end of the season, and who won or lost.

The last thing the AFL would want is that the alleged rumours are true, and their grand final and premiership is tainted, whichever teams were involved.

Whatever the truth or otherwise of these rumours, IMO I don't think it's a Collingwood thing.

Mofra
01-02-2011, 09:10 AM
The AFL aren't sweeping this under the carpet from what I hear. This "rumour" has more to it and has been circling for weeks.

Topdog
01-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Well they have officially denied it now Mofra.