PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back the Pet Membership Blanket?

LostDoggy
03-02-2011, 07:44 PM
I would like to know how many of my fellow WOOFers would like to see a return to the blankets we used to receive as part of the Pet Membership mechandise packs up until 2 seasons ago. Practical and and patriotic for pets, especially when you are a beagle that has a mad, mohawked man for a step-dad who does not really understand why some merchandise is not even in the Western Bulldogs colours of Red, White and Blue.

Last year's lead and collar were a blue lead with white writing and black plastic fasteners. This year, a white frisbee with a blue printed design. It's the same with the doggy-doo bag holder. Even the bags inside are black. Are these details; a communication problem with the manufacturers, an oversight in quality control ,or is the AFL to blame for the huge royalties demanded up front in most cases to produce under licence. Or are the Bulldogs so scroogish in some ways that they won't pay for a 2nd/3rd colour to the manufacturers.

Love to hear your thoughts on all the questions raised, especially the one about bringing back pet blankets.

Daughter of the West
04-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I was thinking of sending an email to the club about it, the pet packs from the past couple of years have been disappointing for me.

I would be quite happy for them to send a blanket as the pet membership merchandise and nothing else!

The Coon Dog
04-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Personally I think the whole idea of 'Pet Membership' is ridiculous.

I know all clubs do it; it's just an opportunity for clubs to get in a few extra dollars.

LostDoggy
04-02-2011, 11:24 AM

I know all clubs do it; it's just an opportunity for clubs to get in a few extra dollars.

I agree, my feline is obviously a cats fan but I'm not buying it a Geelong membership.

G-Mo77
04-02-2011, 12:02 PM

My dog is a Bulldog supporter through and through. :)

LostDoggy
04-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I signed our dog Chevy up for the first time last year & was disappointed in the merchandise. The lead looked more North Melbourne than Bulldogs, hence Chevy refused to walk with it on. ;) I didn't re-sign him this year as I feel it is a waste of money. He is helping to Bulldoze the Debt instead. :)

In answer to the OP - yes, please bring back the pet blanket. Melbourne Storm are doing pet membership for the first time this year - and a pet blanket is included. :)

Curly5
07-02-2011, 10:49 AM
I totally agree, and have previously posted a comment on the same lines. I'm not renewing my cat's membership - she won't wear a lead or chase a frisbee, but she ;) enjoyed wrapping herself in her blanket to watch the games on tv. Bring 'em back.

In answer to the OP - yes, please bring back the pet blanket. Melbourne Storm are doing pet membership for the first time this year - and a pet blanket is included. :)

Right, I'm joining Puss up with the Storm. :)

LostDoggy
07-02-2011, 10:53 AM
I totally agree, and have previously posted a comment on the same lines. I'm not renewing my cat's membership - she won't wear a lead or chase a frisbee, but she ;) enjoyed wrapping herself in her blanket to watch the games on tv. Bring 'em back.

Right, I'm joining Puss up with the Storm. :)

I'm sure Puss ;) will love the purple blanket!! :D

Chicago1
07-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks, Adam. Now you got me all teary eyed. My Melbourne-born cat, Jordan, was wrapped in his Pet Member blanket when he was put to sleep 15 months ago. He used to love to sleep on it on my bed. :(

I had planned on signing up my new cat, Lily, when I visit next month for Round 1. However, Lily is resisting and wants to join Collingwood instead. Bandwagoner. It's back to the pet shelter for her if she doesn't change her mind!:p

Mofra
08-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I still have the 2006 fridge magnet from the pet membership, which has a space cut out to put a photo in so it looks a little like a framed picture with "2006 member" written underneath.