PDA

View Full Version : Media Beat-up: "Western Bulldogs players in YouTube disgrace "

immortalmike
07-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Damn media looking for stories on slow news days. Still not a great look though.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-players-in-youtube-disgrace/story-e6frf9nx-1226001109037

LostDoggy
07-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Anyone got the link for video? I can't find it

firstdogonthemoon
07-02-2011, 09:12 AM
It's a disgrace!! These players should be banned for life and killed and then brought back to life and banned again!!

dogman
07-02-2011, 09:59 AM
It's a disgrace!! These players should be banned for life and killed and then brought back to life and banned again!!

I feel a new cartoon coming!!!

LostDoggy
07-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Not acceptable. They should get a swift kick up the arse, just to make sure it ends at relatively-harmless antics in Hong Kong.

Max469
07-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Not acceptable. They should get a swift kick up the arse, just to make sure it ends at relatively-harmless antics in Hong Kong.

Agreed.

LostDoggy
07-02-2011, 04:12 PM
I'll admit, Cooney's effort on the eskie lid was extremely impressive

Pedro Sanchez
07-02-2011, 04:28 PM
This is naff - so social media is out and about - who really cares...

Its just an end of season trip and if there is any criticism its that the lads didnt go the biff, spew, shag a chick on camera and or slash in the street ;)

Otherwise a decent effort - particularly have more time for Hooper after his worm. Quite a talent!

LostDoggy
07-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Are we going to see pink fluffy rabbit ears in the crowd this season??

LostDoggy
07-02-2011, 06:22 PM

I agree. There is a lesson to learn but it needs to be nipped in the bud.
I listed to Garlick on SEN yesterday and when asked about the StKilda situation he talked at length about why it's so important for the players to stay focused and not get caught up with all these distractions.
I guess he knew there was a skeleton in closet but may not have known it was going to blow up in the next 24 hours.

LostDoggy
07-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Fair 'Garry Lyon Warning' Pose by Grant, he has had some practice

Bumper Bulldogs
07-02-2011, 09:28 PM
If thats it I'm comfortable that we have a good group of players that look after each other. I'm sure who ever was taking this video was around for any further opportunity's...... I haven't seen any come out yet.

LostDoggy
07-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Fair 'Garry Lyon Warning' Pose by Grant, he has had some practice

I thought the same! That must have been rehearsed in front of the mirror ;)

LostDoggy
08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
I have been on that road in Hong Kong plenty of times and seen much worse behaviour from other international sporting teams. The guys had a few too many and someone should have told them to stay in the bar rather than be out on the road. I understand that one of the leadership group did take some action shortly afterwards, but unfortunately it was a bit too late. Harmless fun, they just needed a little more self awareness of who was filming things around them - difficult when you have a gut full of beer, I know!

The media will grab hold of any little issue so the guys just need to be aware of what is going on around them wherever they are.
Great surf from Cooney though - i will be trying to use that trick on my next tour for sure.

LostDoggy
08-02-2011, 03:47 PM

The scariest of of the video is that the novelty ears on Merlin were actually an improvement. :eek:

LostDoggy
08-02-2011, 03:58 PM
The scariest of of the video is that the novelty ears on Merlin were actually an improvement. :eek:

I noticed he was trying to weave some "Magic" :D

Torocani
08-02-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm just really glad none of them got run over or seriously injured, from the way they were behaving could've been a pretty real possibility. At least they weren't cross dressing or wearing dildos....:rolleyes:

LostDoggy
08-02-2011, 10:49 PM
The Club will worm it's way out of this one !

Neee-Nooor Neee-Nooor Neee-Nooor

Whats that siren ?

Thats the Hyperbole Police , their coming to question the morality of your metaphor's

Chicago1
10-02-2011, 05:58 AM

Well, at least Scragger is in the groove...

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/westernbulldogs1/bunnydog.jpg

LostDoggy
10-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Well, at least Scragger is in the groove...

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/westernbulldogs1/bunnydog.jpg

Ah, thanks for the smile Chicago1 - I love it ;)

LostDoggy
10-02-2011, 10:20 AM
It would sem that I am a JINX, I posted this three days prior to the story going public.:eek:

I am now working on a massive post about our preliminary final losses over the last few years and how although dissapointed, I am happy with our consistency.

I plan to make a new thread on this topic on the 14th September 2011.:p

I know its a different and politically correct world we all now live in, but its pretty hard for any AFL player to even fart in public these days.

In another life I worked at a Hotel in Hobart that was adjacent to the North Hobart Football Oval. Just before Fitzroys death, they played games at North .....BLAH BLAH BLAH...... Ironically Michael Gale was the worst.

I don't know of any historical Doggy Dirt, but I'm sure its there somewhere, however I'm glad that our club and obviously our culture have presided over a very clean public image in recent memory.

It seems nearly every other club has had a player/s scandal of some kind with the exception of Sydney and Brisbane (up until Fev's arrival)

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
10-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Today the little paper has dredged up the "Elephant Walk" clip from the Year of the Dogs movie (1996) which is on One HD on Sunday night btw. Champagne journalism

Ozza
10-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Today the little paper has dredged up the "Elephant Walk" clip from the Year of the Dogs movie (1996) which is on One HD on Sunday night btw. Champagne journalism

Yes...1996.....a time when the general public weren't so petrified about everything.
"Will somebody PLEASE think about the children!".

LostDoggy
10-02-2011, 12:50 PM

FFS, how low do the Herald Sun want to stoop? It happened in 1996!! Didn't the "Elephant Walk" take place at a club function as part of the show? As you said, champagne journalism. :mad:

Murphy'sLore
10-02-2011, 12:50 PM
They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

BulldogBelle
10-02-2011, 01:33 PM
I was at two functions way back then and witnessed the 'elephant walk' - will definitely keep my photo album under lock and key! :)

LostDoggy
10-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I was at two functions way back then and witnessed the 'elephant walk' - will definitely keep my photo album under lock and key! :)

Same here ;) hahah.... Although i wasnt there in 1996....i did go to a couple of "manpower" nights and have seen the "elephant walk"....

LostDoggy
10-02-2011, 03:48 PM
They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

As were the club by putting on this event as a fundraiser.

If we were allowed to put on a "player Review" night like that now, you could almost be guaranteed to bulldoze the debt in one night

Desipura
10-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Apparently St Kilda also had the elephant walk at last seasons end although DalSanto was not invited.
The club announced there will be a squirrel night next season in which he could play the lead role.