PDA

View Full Version : James Brayshaw.

Remi Moses
16-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Just wondering what the good folk on here thought of the North melbourne president
He copped a pasting tonight from the Godfather of North's golden era of the 70's Ron Joseph. Joseph basically described Brayshaw as running a 'Boys Club' and not embracing the whole of the footy club. personally I find him a little to cool for school and very slick,a poor mans version of Eddie Mcguire

Sedat
16-02-2011, 11:53 PM
I find him a little to cool for school and very slick,a poor mans version of Eddie Mcguire
To quote Dr. Evil, he is the diet coke of Eddie...just one calorie, not Eddie enough. Any president worth their salt woud have inked the Hobart deal and/or Ballarat. He's done some good things but he is not an innovator.

w3design
17-02-2011, 02:16 AM
JB is simply out of his depth. A real Gen-Y type, he doesn't seem to be that sound of a businessman to be able to effectively run an entity such as a footy club.

Especially one in dire straits like North are at the moment.

Daughter of the West
17-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Given this morning's front page of the sport in the Age, he may be in a bit of trouble:

Kangaroos on the brink
Mark Hawthorne
February 17, 2011

James Brayshaw last night at the Roos' annual meeting. Photo: Pat Scala
NORTH Melbourne stands on the brink of financial disaster, with the club's bank account holding just $2749 of cash when it filed its annual report on October 31.

At the same time, the Kangaroos have run up a $201,268 overdraft and have drawn down $4.75 million of a $5 million bank loan facility to help fund the club's new training facilities at Arden Street.

Concern has been growing in recent months among senior figures at AFL House about the parlous state of the club's finances, and the perceived bungling of the club's plan to relocate home games to Tasmania.

Advertisement: Story continues below The handling of negotiations with the Tasmanian government has been a particular source of ire, with league chief executive Andrew Demetriou reportedly criticising North Melbourne executives over their inability to close the deal.

Auditors have since highlighted the dire financial state of the club for a second successive year, warning there is a significant risk the club will not be able to pay its debts.

Auditor Brad Taylor, of Grant Thornton, warned the club would need further assistance from the AFL, and noted "the existence of material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt [over] the company's ability to
continue as a going concern".

He added that North Melbourne "may be unable to realise its assets and discharge its liabilities in the normal course of business".

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/kangaroos-on-the-brink-20110216-1awke.html

LostDoggy
17-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Listened A'Rocco this morning give the typical North Melbourne defence. Blame everyone but themselves

Remi Moses
17-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Heard mini Eddie usual spin. I think Ron Joseph coming out and basically inferring that Mini Eddie was a bit of a dictator sent alarm bells ringing for mine.
Did anyone hear there fans moaning and bleating about the media constantly talking up Melbourne's young players? Always playing the nobody loves us card!

LostDoggy
17-02-2011, 03:56 PM
To quote Dr. Evil, he is the diet coke of Eddie...just one calorie, not Eddie enough. Any president worth their salt woud have inked the Hobart deal and/or Ballarat. He's done some good things but he is not an innovator.

He's semi-eddie, he's quasi-eddie, he's the margarine of eddie..... :D

Throughandthrough
17-02-2011, 05:24 PM
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/8862581/kangaroo-democracy-a-farce/

mjp
17-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Any president worth their salt woud have inked the Hobart deal and/or Ballarat. He's done some good things but he is not an innovator.

But when your election platform is 'We aren't going to the Gold Coast', can you then turn around two years later and say 'Now we are going to play in Hobart - suck it up'?

I don't know. North just don't have enough supporters. That is simply the way it is - trying to rebrand themselves as the 'Kangaroos' and be a 'national' brand rather that jumping with two feet into one of the new corridor developments in Melbourne 10 or so years back was a massive mistake that I cannot see them recovering from...further, kids love winners and North were winners in the 1990's - if those kids who cheered for Schwass, Carey et al aren't North supporters now then they have no hope because it means even on-field success wont turn it around.

The other thing is that whilst I don't like the Footy Show Brayshaw's presence there alone must be worth a fair bit to North's sponsors.

Sedat
17-02-2011, 05:43 PM
But when your election platform is 'We aren't going to the Gold Coast', can you then turn around two years later and say 'Now we are going to play in Hobart - suck it up'?

I don't know. North just don't have enough supporters. That is simply the way it is - trying to rebrand themselves as the 'Kangaroos' and be a 'national' brand rather that jumping with two feet into one of the new corridor developments in Melbourne 10 or so years back was a massive mistake that I cannot see them recovering from...further, kids love winners and North were winners in the 1990's - if those kids who cheered for Schwass, Carey et al aren't North supporters now then they have no hope because it means even on-field success wont turn it around.

The other thing is that whilst I don't like the Footy Show Brayshaw's presence there alone must be worth a fair bit to North's sponsors.
He failed dismally to do his due diligence and seek Ted Bailleu's support for the Ballarat redevelopment. Classic rookie error to side with one side of the political fence and not ensure the other side matches the level of support on the public record - even more amatuer hour considering everyone knew the Vic State election was going to go down to the wire. And the less said about his handling of the Hobart opportunity the better. Jeff Kennett played him like grand piano in his negotiatioins with the Tassie Govt, which wasn't so hard following Brayshaw's ham-fisted effort to try and tack on a quick meeting with the Tassie Govt on the back of a ODI commentary stint at Bellrieve Oval. Quite rightly, the Tassie pollies told him to go to buggery.

Agree that they don't have enough supporters, but they could have secured a significant 2nd venue (and associated income stream opportunities) in either of Ballarat and Hobart, both of which were endorsed by the AFL.

LostDoggy
18-02-2011, 12:41 AM
He failed dismally to do his due diligence and seek Ted Bailleu's support for the Ballarat redevelopment. Classic rookie error to side with one side of the political fence and not ensure the other side matches the level of support on the public record - even more amatuer hour considering everyone knew the Vic State election was going to go down to the wire.

I am certainly not endorsing the Brayshaw regime, however Rose did not have bipartisan support for the WO redevelopment.

Whilst this may be the case, securing funding from the incumbent Federal Liberal Party in one of the safest Labor seats (both Federal and State) during a time of Liberal dominance, certainly leaves Brayshaw for dead.

JohnGentStand
19-02-2011, 10:10 AM
I like him on radio.....but has he ever met anybody who isn't a ' ripping bloke' ??

KT31
19-02-2011, 10:55 AM
I like him on radio.....but has he ever met anybody who isn't a ' ripping bloke' ??

Ron Joseph.;)

Ghost Dog
19-02-2011, 09:30 PM
I would like to know the number of fans from other clubs who went out and got a North Membership just to support them. I know of quite a few people.

chef
20-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Ron Joseph.;)

And Peter de Rauch:D

LostDoggy
21-02-2011, 01:06 AM
He failed dismally to do his due diligence and seek Ted Bailleu's support for the Ballarat redevelopment. Classic rookie error to side with one side of the political fence and not ensure the other side matches the level of support on the public record - even more amatuer hour considering everyone knew the Vic State election was going to go down to the wire. And the less said about his handling of the Hobart opportunity the better. Jeff Kennett played him like grand piano in his negotiatioins with the Tassie Govt, which wasn't so hard following Brayshaw's ham-fisted effort to try and tack on a quick meeting with the Tassie Govt on the back of a ODI commentary stint at Bellrieve Oval. Quite rightly, the Tassie pollies told him to go to buggery.

Agree that they don't have enough supporters, but they could have secured a significant 2nd venue (and associated income stream opportunities) in either of Ballarat and Hobart, both of which were endorsed by the AFL.

This x1000.

I also like the 'Gen-Y' comment -- these are guys who seem to think that you can make things happen by being slick (as opposed to actually needing to know stuff), as if the real world worked the same way as in the movies. Quite funny, actually, if tragic for Norf peeps.

LostDoggy
21-02-2011, 02:40 PM
JB is simply out of his depth. A real Gen-Y type, he doesn't seem to be that sound of a businessman to be able to effectively run an entity such as a footy club.

Especially one in dire straits like North are at the moment.

Cam Rose would be great for North Melbourne. What's he doing now?

People dismiss Jeff a lot, mostly because he shoots his mouth off at every opportunity, but trying to go up against a highly-intelligent former Premier of Victoria in negotiations with a state government was always a stupid idea without doing your homework.

I would like to know the number of fans from other clubs who went out and got a North Membership just to support them. I know of quite a few people.

I got a cheap couch membership. I want all Melbourne clubs (except Carlton) to stay.

I also think they're (NM) idiots for not going to the Gold Coast though.

I remember buying a Fitzroy membership back in the day, when Dougie went there. Maybe I'm a jinx.

Mantis
21-02-2011, 02:52 PM
I got a cheap couch membership. I want all Melbourne clubs (except Carlton) to stay.

I also think they're (NM) idiots for not going to the Gold Coast though.

I remember buying a Fitzroy membership back in the day, when Dougie went there. Maybe I'm a jinx.

If so I will give you $200 to buy a Collingwood membership.

LostDoggy
22-02-2011, 01:37 PM
If so I will give you $200 to buy a Collingwood membership.

If they were ever in trouble like North is, I'd give and help. I am certain there had to be at least one Collingwood fan putting money in the tins in '89, so for that one person I'd give also.

Although, Collingwood are the ones who fling the “go rattle your tins” shit at us constantly. So, maybe I wouldn't give quite as much. :)

Mantis
22-02-2011, 03:28 PM
If they were ever in trouble like North is, I'd give and help. I am certain there had to be at least one Collingwood fan putting money in the tins in '89, so for that one person I'd give also.

Although, Collingwood are the ones who fling the “go rattle your tins” shit at us constantly. So, maybe I wouldn't give quite as much. :)

Several members of their cheer squad were at the Fightback Rally in '89 and spoke passionately about trying to keep us afloat.