PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Nixon joins the Conga line

Ghost Dog
18-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Some cartoonist is sharpening his pencil right now...
Boy the media outlets have milked this for all its worth.

Girl at centre of St Kilda photo scandal alleges affair with Nixon Caroline Wilson
February 18, 2011

.HIGH-PROFILE player manager Ricky Nixon is facing allegations he had sexual relations with the 17-year-old girl at the centre of the St Kilda online photograph scandal.

Speaking last night to The Saturday Age, the former Frankston school girl said the affair had begun in recent weeks.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/girl-at-centre-of-st-kilda-photo-scandal-alleges-affair-with-nixon-20110218-1azv3.html

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/girl-at-centre-of-st-kilda-photo-scandal-alleges-affair-with-nixon-20110218-1azv3.html

bornadog
18-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Gets better and better, you got to laugh.

Dazza
18-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Lol wtf? Every person this girl meets shes sleeps with.

Ghost Dog
18-02-2011, 11:45 PM
This is the pinup girl for journalists doing it hard during the slow season all over the country.

First dog on the moon...where are you? We need a cartoon.

angelopetraglia
18-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Never liked Nixon's attitude, an arrogant selfish man. What an idiot. Surely any respect he had in the footy world is now gone. How the hell can he be giving out advise to young players.

Scraggers
19-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Link (http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/national/ricky-nixons-shame-over-afl-nude-photo-scandal-girl/story-e6frg15u-1226008461686)

He's admitted to visiting her ... denies the sex ... stated he took alcohol to her room ...

Surely he should be arrested for supplying alcohol to a minor ... she is still only 17 !!

divvydan
19-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Leaving her hotel at 7:15am, if he's going up there with booze, staying the night and not having sex with her...then what on earth is he doing?

LostDoggy
19-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Sure this girl has a lot to learn about people and life and displays very poor decision making skills, but WTF - he is an adult and this just smacks of someone taking advantage of a vulnerable (albeit silly) young girl!

GVGjr
19-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Link (http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/national/ricky-nixons-shame-over-afl-nude-photo-scandal-girl/story-e6frg15u-1226008461686)

He's admitted to visiting her ... denies the sex ... stated he took alcohol to her room ...

Surely he should be arrested for supplying alcohol to a minor ... she is still only 17 !!

He's a very stupid man. It's hard to believe that anyone genuinely wanting to help her would supply this 17yo alcohol or any other for that matter. He's been self destructing for a while now by exercising poor judgment and he appears to be getting worse. He's coming across as another privileged person who can't handle the scrutiny of success.

ledge
19-02-2011, 10:04 AM
What a wanker she even taped it!
She done him over bigtime and he didnt see it coming?

She isnt stupid but is very clever, first sight of a dumb known male with money grab him , take him home have sex with him , tape it or get pics then take them to the press.
Seems the AFL is full of these stupid stupid men.

JohnGentStand
19-02-2011, 10:08 AM
if ever there has been a case of someone who should know better....
this knob preaches to players on how to behave!!
the less bulldogs in his stable the better

Desipura
19-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Dirty old man. With all the trouble he has got himself into over the last few years, Im surprised he is still a player Manager

comrade
19-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Dirty old man. With all the trouble he has got himself into over the last few years, Im surprised he is still a player Manager

He's on borrowed time. If you were the parent of a 17 year old footballer, would you want this man representing your son?

Surely the Saints guys will sack him and the slippery slide begins.

Mofra
19-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Leaving her hotel at 7:15am, if he's going up there with booze, staying the night and not having sex with her...then what on earth is he doing?
He's now lied to the media and lost any credibility and...

He's on borrowed time. If you were the parent of a 17 year old footballer, would you want this man representing your son?
... ruined his chances of signing new talent.

Couldn't have happened to a slimier bloke. Karma.

GVGjr
19-02-2011, 10:34 AM

Surely the Saints guys will sack him and the slippery slide begins.

Is Rocket still managed by him? In a contract year I'd be looking to find different representation.

KT31
19-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Lol wtf? Every person this girl meets shes sleeps with.

Every teenaged boys dream girl.:D

Seriously she has a lot of issues and these gooses should know better.

KT31
19-02-2011, 10:44 AM
:DDidn't know her list included past Aint's players.
Better put a guard at Niel Roberts nursing home.

Mantis
19-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Is Rocket still managed by him? In a contract year I'd be looking to find different representation.

He definitely was when his last contract was inked... end of 2009. No sure on current status.

aker39
19-02-2011, 10:59 AM

If the AFLPA are fair dinkum, they will withdraw his accreditation.

He has been caught drink driving and leaving the scene of an accident.

He has been supplying an under 18 with alcohol (That is the least we know of)

And surely he has well and truely broken the no dickhead rule.

Desipura
19-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Has he got any kids? If so, I feel sorry for them. If he was my dad, I would disown him.

strebla
19-02-2011, 02:43 PM
This is the most disgusting thing I have heard to know she is 17 and vulnerable she needs guidance not some dirty hack ex footballer praying on her even if he only gave her alcohol its smacks of pre-meditation to me and if he did have sex with her belongs in jail.

The Pie Man
19-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Maybe my what's socially ok radar is a little off but this is one of the most sad/disgusting sagas to involve the game (or people loosely tied to it)

From all angles, it's sickening....it's not quite infuriating, more just intensely disappointing
:( :mad: :(

Maddog37
19-02-2011, 07:50 PM
This is just plain sad.

This girl must have magic powers over men.

AndrewP6
19-02-2011, 08:26 PM
This is just plain sad.

That, or the men are just really, really stupid.
I'm going with the latter. :)

Before I Die
19-02-2011, 09:06 PM
That, or the men are just really, really stupid.
I'm going with the latter. :)

I am disgusted, but certainly not shocked. This sort of behaviour associated with players and ex-players (not all, but a significant minority) is not a new phenomenon. The only thing that is new is the access to social networking and the acknowledgement by the AFL/VFL and the footy media that it is a bad thing.

Jasper
19-02-2011, 09:30 PM
If the AFLPA are fair dinkum, they will withdraw his accreditation.

He has been caught drink driving and leaving the scene of an accident.

He has been supplying an under 18 with alcohol (That is the least we know of)

And surely he has well and truely broken the no dickhead rule.

You can also throw in the following

Players who have been involved in the biggest off field scandals over the past 15 years

G Ablett Snr
W Carey
B Cousins
N Riewoldt / S Gilbert

All managed by the same bloke. Fev's about the only one he's missed

Sedat
20-02-2011, 12:53 AM
She's only human. How could any female not be seduced by those devilishly good looks? The poodle hair, that elongated chin, the lemon lips.

Every now and then there is a topic that unites all AFL supporters. Can't think of too many people outside of a few media sycophants (and I guess his clients for arranging hookers and lines of coke for them....sorry I meant managing their affairs) who have a good thing to say about this jerk off. Speaking of said sycophants, I was unlucky enough to hear Hutchy and Pickering paper over the story on SEN this morning and talk about what a swell bloke Nixon is and how this was just an error of judgement :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MrMahatma
20-02-2011, 02:37 AM
You can also throw in the following

Players who have been involved in the biggest off field scandals over the past 15 years

G Ablett Snr
W Carey
B Cousins
N Riewoldt / S Gilbert

All managed by the same bloke. Fev's about the only one he's missed
Flawed geniuses? That's also a list of some of the best players in that period.

Ghost Dog
20-02-2011, 02:41 AM
her parents! They must be about ready to move countries by now.

LostDoggy
20-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Hopefully he's been saving some money because he'll be a little short on income over the next few years

GVGjr
20-02-2011, 08:16 AM
I noticed in the article today he claims she used his credit card so I wonder how and why she had access to it. I don't normally leave my wallet lying around when I visit friends or if I'm visiting someone I don't really know that well.

The Coon Dog
20-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Nixon faces sex scandal inquiry

Peter Munro - The Age - 20 February

THE career of high-profile player manager Ricky Nixon was in doubt last night as the AFL Players' Association launched an investigation into allegations he had sex with the 17-year old at the heart of the St Kilda nude photo scandal.

As the crisis deepened yesterday, with conflicting accounts of the relationship between Nixon and the teenager, the association said Nixon would be investigated from tomorrow by the chairman of its accreditation board, Ian Prendergast. He will decide this week whether to refer the matter to a hearing before the full board, which has the power to take the unprecedented step of stripping Nixon of his agent's accreditation.

Article in full... (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/nixon-faces-sex-scandal-inquiry-20110219-1b0fw.html)

JohnGentStand
20-02-2011, 12:24 PM
the article is hysterical...the man couldnt lie straight in bed.......and he 'suspects she may have spiked his drink!" haa ha ..please...mercy....the cry of athletic drug cheats world-wide has a somewhat hollow ring to it.... i am hearing Floyd Landers, Bill Clinton, shades of Cathy Watt, with a dash of Dean Cappabianco

ledge
20-02-2011, 01:14 PM
I am hearing Homer Simpson

LostDoggy
20-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Rickyleaks.

What a knob you are Ricky. This girl thrives on media attention and look what you've gone and given her exactly what she wants. Another scandal.

She's full of it as much as he is though. "Didn't know he was married" Little bullsh*t artist. Not defending Ricky by any means, he is a dirty old fool and deserves everything coming to him if the allegations are true.

ReLoad
21-02-2011, 09:11 AM
There is a worse case scenario which we should all be worried about.

The potential offspring off this union, talk about being behind the 8 ball genetically.

Topdog
21-02-2011, 09:20 AM
surely he gets the sack for providing alcohol to a minor regardless of any sex being proven or not.

Also he claims she got his CC details from his phone........ahh why does he have his CC details on his phone??

Topdog
21-02-2011, 09:24 AM
BTW he still manages Rocket. from the HS

More recently, his high-profile clients have diminished. The current crop includes St Kilda trio Nick Riewoldt, Sam Gilbert, and Nick Dal Santo; and Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade.

LostDoggy
21-02-2011, 10:44 AM
I feel sorry for his family. He should be removed from any AFL roles immediately. He is supposed to be setting an example for players. From what I hear she has plenty of video evidence too. Dumb.

Sockeye Salmon
21-02-2011, 10:52 AM
BTW he still manages Rocket. from the HS

More recently, his high-profile clients have diminished. The current crop includes St Kilda trio Nick Riewoldt, Sam Gilbert, and Nick Dal Santo; and Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade.

He also manages Robert Murphy

Topdog
21-02-2011, 10:53 AM
I feel sorry for his family. He should be removed from any AFL roles immediately. He is supposed to be setting an example for players. From what I hear she has plenty of video evidence too. Dumb.

Herald Sun claims they have a video.

TheAge mentioned that the Police are studying a video that the HS gave them.

aker39
21-02-2011, 02:08 PM
She has now given the videos to channel 9.

Seems like it took Nixon the weekend to get his media stratergy worked out, and this morning he went with all guns blazing to discredit the girl.

LostDoggy
21-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Some cartoonist is sharpening his pencil right now...
Boy the media outlets have milked this for all its worth.

Girl at centre of St Kilda photo scandal alleges affair with Nixon Caroline Wilson
February 18, 2011

.HIGH-PROFILE player manager Ricky Nixon is facing allegations he had sexual relations with the 17-year-old girl at the centre of the St Kilda online photograph scandal.

Speaking last night to The Saturday Age, the former Frankston school girl said the affair had begun in recent weeks.

This is grossly unfair! He is a victim!! All poor Ricky did was try to help a troubled buxom young lass, and what happens? He gets crucified by people who fling such useless drivel at him as “She is underage” or “You should have some morals Ricky”. How dare people be disgusted? I mean, the bottle of wine was obviously to calm her spirits, but the mean-spirited temptress used it instead to get him drunk, spike his drink with pills that remove his clothing, then she had the gall to have the video professionally edited, right from her hotel room processing lab, to frame this poor, gentle, caring man.

I mean, this bloke is important in footy circles. Surely he deserves the benefit of the doubt. How can some 17 year old girl be more important than an AFL figure? Get a grip, fellow Woofers…

:D

Yeah. I'd be surprised if Rocket hasn't already sacked him. And Bobby?

Might not be that simple, of course. He would most likely have contracts with them, so they'd have to have legal assurance before doing anything, you'd think.

This is just plain sad.

Yeah. It's called a penis.

Seems like it took Nixon the weekend to get his media stratergy worked out, and this morning he went with all guns blazing to discredit the girl.

Yep. Worked for St Kilda…

soupman
21-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Maddog37
This is just plain sad.

What?

This story just got a whole lot bigger.

LostDoggy
21-02-2011, 04:13 PM

Tom Steinfort from Channel nine has now tweeted that after seeing the Ricky Nixon videos, suggestst that Ricky need to find a new career.

http://twitter.com/#!/tomsteinfort

LostDoggy
21-02-2011, 04:35 PM
What?

This story just got a whole lot bigger.

A quick read of the Human Headline suggests to me that Nixon is on borrowed time.

Expect an announcement shortly that he will be entering a sex and drug rehabilitation clinic.

http://www.hinch.net/hinch-says-2011/February/21-02-11.1.html

LostDoggy
21-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Nixon's own words, supposedly a justification: "When someone rings you and they're in an emotional state, and clearly disturbed, and they say that they've lost all their money, and they've got you in big trouble and they're about to ring your wife and tell her something similar, I ask you the question 'Would you go and see that person?'"

WTF? THE ANSWER IS "NO FLIPPIN' WAY", YOU DICKHEAD. Who in their right mind WOULD go and see a person who is calling you telling you crap like that? Wouldn't your first port of call, if the person is a minor, be HER PARENTS? Jump off a bridge, Nixon.

ps. re: Rocket and Bobby having him as their manager -- it's probably a smart thing having an arsehole do all your hard-negotiating for you.

ledge
21-02-2011, 05:00 PM
This is grossly unfair! He is a victim!! All poor Ricky did was try to help a troubled buxom young lass, and what happens? He gets crucified by people who fling such useless drivel at him as “She is underage” or “You should have some morals Ricky”. How dare people be disgusted? I mean, the bottle of wine was obviously to calm her spirits, but the mean-spirited temptress used it instead to get him drunk, spike his drink with pills that remove his clothing, then she had the gall to have the video professionally edited, right from her hotel room processing lab, to frame this poor, gentle, caring man.

I mean, this bloke is important in footy circles. Surely he deserves the benefit of the doubt. How can some 17 year old girl be more important than an AFL figure? Get a grip, fellow Woofers…

:D

Yeah. I'd be surprised if Rocket hasn't already sacked him. And Bobby?
Might not be that simple, of course. He would most likely have contracts with them, so they'd have to have legal assurance before doing anything, you'd think.

Yep. Worked for St Kilda…

If he loses his players manager licence from the AFL Eade and Bobby dont need to sack him, he is goooooorrrnn

strebla
21-02-2011, 05:20 PM
I find it infuriating how he has got his mates to help out Eddie this morning said "we can't call her the St Kilda schoolgirl anymore". what a load of crap she is 17 years old and no matter what she has done she is still a child albeit a silly and confused one. I get so mad with all this shit going on she minipulated me BULLSHIT you are all grown men and she is a very beutiful and sexy girl.Men are so weak minded our morals mean bugger all when it comes to the power of the penis sorry gents if you allow you penis to lead your life face the consequences
rant over

LostDoggy
21-02-2011, 06:19 PM
He admits inappropriate feeling's , He visits her in the Hotel several times , Brings alcohol with him at least twice , Is filmed leaving the Hotel at 7am and reacts to being caught by blaming her .

Sorry Mr Nixon , the doors over there . Whats that ? You want to take your damaged reputation and retreat to the moral high ground ? No , sorry , here's a one way ticket to Gotohell !!!!!

The Adelaide Connection
21-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Interesting that the girl has alluded to the St Kilda offer for temporary accommodation having more to it than it seems and that it is more a case of hotel temporarily and then having an apartment given to her as part of a settlement.

If that is the case St. Kilda couldn't have had too much to hide :rolleyes:

Mantis
21-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Video is now on the Herald Scum website:

Where is your shirt Ricky?? (http://video.heraldsun.com.au/1807094101/Teens-hotel-room-video)

LostDoggy
21-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Video is now on the Herald Scum website:

Where is your shirt Ricky?? (http://video.heraldsun.com.au/1807094101/Teens-hotel-room-video)

Prob just one of the other 500 (didnt know they were) married men shes slept with. Dirty Girl. ;)

ledge
21-02-2011, 09:47 PM
What an absolute cockhead get out of that one Ricky

aker39
21-02-2011, 10:00 PM
He really is the lowest form of scum.

He spent today telling the media how all he had done was try to help her.

Grow some balls AFL and ban him immediately.

LostDoggy
21-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Grow some balls AFL and ban him immediately.

I understand that the AFL have no jurisdiction over Nixon and that his accreditation rests with the players association who I am sure will not be able to ignore the evidence before them.

Dry Rot
21-02-2011, 11:05 PM
We should be very wary about allegations, accusations etc which could give this forum some grief from legal chaps, but now I'm seeing some veiled references around to the supply and consumption of cocaine in this story.

Anybody know any more?

LostDoggy
22-02-2011, 05:44 AM
We should be very wary about allegations, accusations etc which could give this forum some grief from legal chaps, but now I'm seeing some veiled references around to the supply and consumption of cocaine in this story.

Anybody know any more?

I think the cocaine use is of the most interest to the Police, she alleges that Ricky used cocaine in the bathroom of the Hotel , she also says she has audio of them discussing cocaine, the audio is inadmissible as it was taken without permission. I have heard rumours that the Police have gone to the Hotel and taken swabs and fingerprints from the bathroom

Ghost Dog
22-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Blind leading the blind
Some people manage to live in such complex unhappiness.

Mantis
22-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Reported now that Ricky has joined the conga line at the airport and left the country.

And there I was thinking he had nothing to hide. :D

Sedat
22-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Reported now that Ricky has joined the conga line at the airport and left the country.

And there I was thinking he had nothing to hide. :D
No surprises there. He fled the scene last year when he slammed his car into the tram when under the influence, so he's got plenty of form when it comes to ewscaping the heat of the kitchen.

aker39
22-02-2011, 08:34 AM
I understand that the AFL have no jurisdiction over Nixon and that his accreditation rests with the players association who I am sure will not be able to ignore the evidence before them.

I'm well aware that the AFLPA is the body that is meant to make the decision, but I am also well aware that that body is funded by the AFL, and when the AFL want something to happen, they make it happen.

Just ask Fev.

Dry Rot
22-02-2011, 09:20 AM
I think the cocaine use is of the most interest to the Police, she alleges that Ricky used cocaine in the bathroom of the Hotel , she also says she has audio of them discussing cocaine, the audio is inadmissible as it was taken without permission. I have heard rumours that the Police have gone to the Hotel and taken swabs and fingerprints from the bathroom

Thanks.

I think that she and Nixon are about to find out that distributing naughty photos is one thing in the eyes of the law, and alleged cocaine use and possession and use and stealing credit card numbers is another.

Desipura
22-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Wonder whether he will end up living in Majorca for the rest of his life? :D

LostDoggy
22-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks.

I think that she and Nixon are about to find out that distributing naughty photos is one thing in the eyes of the law, and alleged cocaine use and possession and use and stealing credit card numbers is another.

Clearly these people don't think the law pertains to them.

Mofra
22-02-2011, 09:36 AM
No surprises there. He fled the scene last year when he slammed his car into the tram when under the influence, so he's got plenty of form when it comes to ewscaping the heat of the kitchen.
Given they both did the radio circuit pretty hard yesterday, he's now fleeing whilst KD will continue to sell her story. He's already been caught out and now we'll spend a couple of weeks only hearing one side of the story.

In decision making terms, Nixon needs to improve to reach Fev's ability.

LostDoggy
22-02-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm sure its no coincidence that both Carey and Cousins spent time overseas to escape the heat from the media feeding frenzy.

At least he cant be accused of not heeding his own advise.

Daughter of the West
22-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Another video has come out:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/nixon-to-face-grilling-from-players-group/story-e6frf9jf-1226009703376

This just keeps on going!

Topdog
22-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I know when a friend of mine is thinking about killing themselves the first thing I do is go to their place with some alcohol and strip down to my underwear.

I don't understand what the problem is....

The Coon Dog
22-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Accorbing to Players desert Ricky Nixon (http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/02/22/players-desert-ricky-nixon/):

Western Bulldogs veteran Robert Murphy cut ties with Nixon at least a fortnight ago.

LostDoggy
22-02-2011, 01:50 PM

Thanks.

The media have published a video of her going through Tricky Ricky's pants, ID and the video also shows a line of powder *cough* coke *cough* next to a pile.

You would think that's what the police are interested in. She'd be hard pressed to claim she didn't use it.

She also tweeted this morning that she was in her lawyer's office, with a summary of charges. So, obviously, she has been charged over the incident.

Given they both did the radio circuit pretty hard yesterday, he's now fleeing whilst KD will continue to sell her story. He's already been caught out and now we'll spend a couple of weeks only hearing one side of the story.

In decision making terms, Nixon needs to improve to reach Fev's ability.

Yep. Pretty dumb. She could come out right now and say, “No, it wasn't him, it was a faked video, whatever” and he still wouldn't have an ounce of credibility left, as he tucked tail and ran.

It'll be interesting to see whether the police had been around trying to get hold of him before he fled the country. We know they arrested KD, he left the country after that, so you'd think it reasonable to assume the boys in blue were knocking on a certain door in Point Lonsdale, and maybe that's why he took off. Taking cocaine and alcohol to a 17 year old girl's hotel room… Bubba's waiting Ricky!

LostDoggy
22-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Accorbing to Players desert Ricky Nixon (http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/02/22/players-desert-ricky-nixon/):

Western Bulldogs veteran Robert Murphy cut ties with Nixon at least a fortnight ago.

Do we know why? Why a fortnight ago? Did Bobby know something then??

LostDoggy
23-02-2011, 08:54 AM

Who would know, perhaps Bobby is just a pretty clever fella!:D

Desipura
23-02-2011, 09:17 AM

Thats why Bobby is a very good player, he can read the play very well.

Drunken Bum
23-02-2011, 02:33 PM

I doubt that this is true, there is absolutely no point to it because it is impossible to prove that either of them were responsible for any drugs that might appear in any swabs.
I cant remember the actual statistics but there is some ridiculously high percentage of Aust notes that have trace elements of cocaine and/or amphetamines on them, it would be like the police pulling me over swabing the money in my wallet and finding something and charging me with drug use. Will never hold up in court and the police have to know that surely.
On one of those stupid current affair programs a few years back they tested various hotel bathrooms and crown casino amongst others and found trace elements of coke and speed etc in a fairly high percentage of them from memory(which i will admit isn't the best after years of alcohol and drug abuse)

Sockeye Salmon
23-02-2011, 02:50 PM
On one of those stupid current affair programs a few years back they tested various hotel bathrooms and crown casino amongst others and found trace elements of coke and speed etc in a fairly high percentage of them from memory(which i will admit isn't the best after years of alcohol and drug abuse)

I reckon they did that at the Brownlow the year Fev made a dick of himself

ledge
23-02-2011, 03:02 PM
This girl has been around, just by the comment about the size of the cocaine line makes you ask how long has she been involved or around drugs and she is only 17.
Seems her parents havent had control her for a long while.

Drunken Bum
23-02-2011, 03:30 PM
This girl has been around, just by the comment about the size of the cocaine line makes you ask how long has she been involved or around drugs and she is only 17.
Seems her parents havent had control her for a long while.

I'm yet to be convinced it is coke on the video, i suspect it is but she is obviously going all out to wreck Nixon and it would be very easy to quickly put any white powder there and make up a line just to put him further in the shit. I'm not defending him in the slightest and have not much doubt he is a coke fiend, just saying that she has been setting him up from the start so....
They are both are bad as each other as far as i am concerned and deserve each other, i just wish we didn't have to put up with it, as amusing as it is to watch Nixon fall on his sword.

Oh and i suspect the hun has been doing just a little more than just reporting on this as well, smells of a tabloid sting to me, wouldn't surprise me if they had been directing her a little bit since she first came to them.

ledge
23-02-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm yet to be convinced it is coke on the video, i suspect it is but she is obviously going all out to wreck Nixon and it would be very easy to quickly put any white powder there and make up a line just to put him further in the shit. I'm not defending him in the slightest and have not much doubt he is a coke fiend, just saying that she has been setting him up from the start so....
They are both are bad as each other as far as i am concerned and deserve each other, i just wish we didn't have to put up with it, as amusing as it is to watch Nixon fall on his sword.

Oh and i suspect the hun has been doing just a little more than just reporting on this as well, smells of a tabloid sting to me, wouldn't surprise me if they had been directing her a little bit since she first came to them.

Did you hear the tape, she mentions how big it is and he comments thats what he has, hardly planted , anyway my point is she is 17 and recognizes a big one to a small one, thats the scary part.
I have no doubt the night was set up but thats irrelevant , she is 17, he is 47 the whole thing is illegal, sex if it happened and the drugs.
Makes it worse when he knows exactly what she is like and maybe his ego or the drugs make him think he is invincible.
Looked in the Oxford dictionary before under dickhead I found a picture of Ricky.

Remi Moses
23-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Ricky Nixon ordinary footballer
Ricky Nixon ordinary to woeful individual:eek:

Sockeye Salmon
23-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Did you hear the tape, she mentions how big it is and he comments thats what he has, hardly planted , anyway my point is she is 17 and recognizes a big one to a small one, thats the scary part.

It's bad that she knows how much is a lot but at least she was surprised at how much he was doing - obviously she has been doing (or at least seen others doing) far smaller amounts.

Makes me think he's pretty full on.

LostDoggy
23-02-2011, 06:48 PM
To me its a typical Agent thing - not sure anyone should have expected any morals from them.

LostDoggy
24-02-2011, 01:10 PM
I have no doubt the night was set up but thats irrelevant , she is 17, he is 47 the whole thing is illegal, sex if it happened and the drugs.
Makes it worse when he knows exactly what she is like and maybe his ego or the drugs make him think he is invincible.
Looked in the Oxford dictionary before under dickhead I found a picture of Ricky.

Ricky didn't break the law having sex with her just because she was 17. She is above the age of consent. It's gross, but it's legal. But if it can be shown he was in a position of authority or care over her, then he is in trouble.

LostDoggy
24-02-2011, 01:11 PM

Excuse but I am taking this out of context...

Scraggers
24-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Ricky didn't break the law having sex with her just because she was 17. She is above the age of consent. It's gross, but it's legal. But if it can be shown he was in a position of authority or care over her, then he is in trouble.

He did break the law by breaching the intervention order and by supplying alcohol to a minor (not to mention the drugs).

The Coon Dog
25-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Nixon should be kicked out, not handballed

Caroline Wilson - The Age - 25 February

ANOTHER DAY, another diatribe of politically correct but meaningless words and still Ricky Nixon remains an accredited AFL player agent. The man filmed in his underwear in a 17-year-old's hotel room - which he has not denied - and alleged by her to have used cocaine, has been a problem handballed once again.

But Nixon is a problem who will not go away and to whom no one is prepared to publicly challenge. It is quite pathetic. From the AFL, to the AFL Players' Association and now to the Queen's Counsel David Galbally. The AFLPA insisted yesterday that correct legal processes needed to be followed for the sake of Nixon's players and the association, which feared a legal challenge from Nixon.

But is there anyone in the country who believes Nixon has a leg to stand on? The man who has already admitted to ''inappropriate dealings'' with a 17-year-old who says she fell pregnant when 16 to a St Kilda footballer.

Article in full... (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/nixon-should-be-kicked-out-not-handballed-20110224-1b753.html)

Topdog
25-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Wilson is an idiot. They can't just instantly de-register him as they will be smashed in court for not going through proper process.

He is finished and he will be de-registered but it takes time to happen.

LostDoggy
25-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Wilson is an idiot. They can't just instantly de-register him as they will be smashed in court for not going through proper process.

He is finished and he will be de-registered but it takes time to happen.

Agreed but unfortunately that doesn't sell newspapers

Ghost Dog
25-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Caro, in her element with this story now.

LostDoggy
25-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Jeff White seems to have found a lovely remake of Toni Basils 1982 hit song Hey Mickey

http://twaud.io/q9Wm

LostDoggy
25-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Caro, in her element with this story now.
So long Caro leaves the Bulldogs alone with her rants, I'm happy for Tricky Dicky Nixon to cop his rightful share.

The Coon Dog
26-02-2011, 02:10 AM
Players' association also failed

Nick Holland - The Age - 26 February

RICKY Nixon dropped the ball through his "inappropriate dealings" with the teenage girl at the centre of the St Kilda nude photo scandal. The AFL Players' Association is now in the spotlight for fumbling the ball by not suspending Nixon pending the outcome of the investigation. While the actions of Nixon were inexcusable, the inaction of the AFLPA board is extraordinary!

As a player manager Nixon has the highest obligation to the players that he manages. Managing young athletes is not just about obtaining the most lucrative contract for them but also about taking on the responsibility for the professional and personal welfare of the players they manage.

Article in full... (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/players-association-also-failed-20110225-1b8ne.html)

LostDoggy
26-02-2011, 09:50 AM
There is more to it than meets the eye. Nixon knows too much and the AFL are running scared.

Mantis
26-02-2011, 10:11 AM
There is more to it than meets the eye. Nixon knows too much and the AFL are running scared.

He could tip a massive bucket on the AFL and they know it.

Mofra
27-02-2011, 12:02 PM
He could tip a massive bucket on the AFL and they know it.
Yep, and this is where we start a massive merry go round. Years of sweeping scandals under the rug could really come back to bite the AFL here.

Nixon strikes me as the who is completely besotted by self-interst so if there is any benefit to himself in exposing people, I'd say he would.

Ghost Dog
27-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Players' association also failed

Nick Holland - The Age - 26 February

RICKY Nixon dropped the ball through his "inappropriate dealings" with the teenage girl at the centre of the St Kilda nude photo scandal. The AFL Players' Association is now in the spotlight for fumbling the ball by not suspending Nixon pending the outcome of the investigation. While the actions of Nixon were inexcusable, the inaction of the AFLPA board is extraordinary!

As a player manager Nixon has the highest obligation to the players that he manages. Managing young athletes is not just about obtaining the most lucrative contract for them but also about taking on the responsibility for the professional and personal welfare of the players they manage.

Article in full... (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/players-association-also-failed-20110225-1b8ne.html)

Not often you see exclamation marks used in news.

The Coon Dog
03-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Stepping back from Ricky Nixon

Caroline Wilson, March 3, 2011

FORMER Western Bulldog Rohan Smith has written to more than 200 parents of young footballers in a bid to distance his development program V Squad from Ricky Nixon.

Smith, who took exception to an article in The Age linking Nixon's Flying Start management group to V Squad, wrote to the parents to assure them ''as the parent of a teenage boy and girl'' that V Squad was separate to Flying Start.

Article in full... (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/stepping-back-from-ricky-nixon-20110302-1beuy.html)

LostDoggy
06-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Immature lying bi*ch was on 60 minutes tonight. I say this because she said the twin pregnancy (to Sam Gilbert) was fake? Sooooooooooo over her and this whole saga. Next controversy please!

chef
06-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Immature lying bi*ch was on 60 minutes tonight. I say this because she said the twin pregnancy (to Sam Gilbert) was fake? Sooooooooooo over her and this whole saga. Next controversy please!

She came across as someone who is still really just a child, what were these men thinking.

AndrewP6
06-03-2011, 08:52 PM
She came across as someone who is still really just a child, what were these men thinking.

That's the key, IMO. Those blokes are lowlifes. And dumb ones, at that.

Greystache
06-03-2011, 09:47 PM

I can't believe anyone ever thought she was.

She's a footy groupie looking for fame, the players lost interest in her and she made up the story to get some publicity. Fortunately for her in the modern media everyone was all too willing to believe a negative story about AFL footballers.

comrade
06-03-2011, 09:49 PM
I can't believe anyone ever thought she was.

She's a footy groupie looking for fame, the players lost interest in her and she made up the story to get some publicity. Fortunately for her in the modern media everyone was all too willing to believe a negative story about AFL footballers.

Easy to say in hindsight, mate. You talk as if the players are angels when the truth is somewhere in the middle. Those with insights into the inner workings of the St. Kilda FC will tell you that their culture is ****ed - KD being a liar doesn't change this.

Greystache
06-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Easy to say in hindsight, mate. You talk as if the players are angels when the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I said from the moment the story broke that the pregnancy was bullshit. They used their fame to shag a dumb young girl, she was using their fame to try and get famous herself, equal blame there. Everything else since then has been carefully orchestrated lies from a budding young psychopath.

Ozza
07-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Quite a bit was left out of the story on 60 minutes....they jumped straight from her lying she was pregnant - to her posting photos of the players.

They didn't include her saying she'd lost the child, then saying she had lost one of twins, and then saying she'd lost both. And somewhere in there (round 21 I think) last year she turned up to the hotel the players were staying at in Adelaide and made a scene in the hotel foyer.

Sockeye Salmon
07-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Quite a bit was left out of the story on 60 minutes....they jumped straight from her lying she was pregnant - to her posting photos of the players.

They didn't include her saying she'd lost the child, then saying she had lost one of twins, and then saying she'd lost both. And somewhere in there (round 21 I think) last year she turned up to the hotel the players were staying at in Adelaide and made a scene in the hotel foyer.

To be fair Riewoldt certainly helped make that scene in the hotel foyer (despite Riewoldt later admitting he's never met her, there's more than one liar here).

No-one's claimed she's an angel, and certainly there's been plenty of lies from her, but her motivation all along was to get back at the powerful people who she believes did the wrong thing to her. The lies were just one part of her achieving her ultimate ojective.

Greystache
07-03-2011, 10:09 AM
To be fair Riewoldt certainly helped make that scene in the hotel foyer (despite Riewoldt later admitting he's never met her, there's more than one liar here).

No-one's claimed she's an angel, and certainly there's been plenty of lies from her, but her motivation all along was to get back at the powerful people who she believes did the wrong thing to her. The lies were just one part of her achieving her ultimate ojective.

Just explain to me all the wrongs she's had done to her? Basically she's lied to an AFL footballer about her age, they've slept together a few times, he's found out she's lying and he told her he doesn't want to see her again. Everything since then has been lies and revenge on her part because a guy told a girl her he doesn't want to see her again.

Does an AFL player who sleeps with a girl no longer have the right to walk away just because he's an AFL footballer? Once he's slept with her should he be responsible for her well being for the rest of her natural life?

The Adelaide Connection
07-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Just explain to me all the wrongs she's had done to her? Basically she's lied to an AFL footballer about her age, they've slept together a few times, he's found out she's lying and he told her he doesn't want to see her again. Everything since then has been lies and revenge on her part because a guy told a girl her he doesn't want to see her again.

Does an AFL player who sleeps with a girl no longer have the right to walk away just because he's an AFL footballer? Once he's slept with her should he be responsible for her well being for the rest of her natural life?

What you are overlooking is that she was a 16 year old, seemingly very immature and felt as if she had been used and then disregarded by people that were probably her idols. We will never really know how she was treated but her perception was that she was wronged and she obviously lacked the skills to deal with this rationally. The other party needs to assume some responsibility, which they did not, and that's how this whole mess started.

What do they say about women scorned? Seems you can multiply the effect when the are adolescents.

Greystache
07-03-2011, 10:41 AM
What you are overlooking is that she was a 16 year old, seemingly very immature and felt as if she had been used and then disregarded by people that were probably her idols. We will never really know how she was treated but her perception was that she was wronged and she obviously lacked the skills to deal with this rationally. The other party needs to assume some responsibility, which they did not, and that's how this whole mess started.

What do they say about women scorned? Seems you can multiply the effect when the are adolescents.

I'm not overlooking that at all, it's the one and only reason any of this has gained any traction at all. You only need to see her interviewed or her YouTube videos to realise how unreliable her testimony is, but in this day and age where saying NO to a teenager is akin to international war crimes, people were happy to accept every claim as gospel.

Well god help us in the future where women scorned also now have a consequence free environment to operate in so long as they squeeze it all in before they hit their 18th birthday.

LostDoggy
07-03-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm not overlooking that at all, it's the one and only reason any of this has gained any traction at all. You only need to see her interviewed or her YouTube videos to realise how unreliable her testimony is, but in this day and age where saying NO to a teenager is akin to international war crimes, people were happy to accept every claim as gospel.

Well god help us in the future where women scorned also now have a consequence free environment to operate in so long as they squeeze it all in before they hit their 18th birthday.

correct me if im wrong, but ...

Weren't they making her choose which hand a pair of car keys were in to see who she slept with ? . She was 16 fer chrissake. They were a LOT older . And now when surprise surprise she acts like an immature schoolgirl somehow the Saints players are the victims? Gimme a break.

LostDoggy
07-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Just explain to me all the wrongs she's had done to her?

Might not be legally wrong but I believe there are plenty things wrong in taking advantage of 16yo when you are older and in a position of power.
You think this is all one way(she wants fame), she is obviously an attractive girl and it wasn't that painful for Sam Gilbert at the time.

The Adelaide Connection
07-03-2011, 01:29 PM

I'm not absolving her of responsibility, just highlighting part of the reason she has reacted so irrationally is probably because she is so young and obviously lacks the maturity/skills to deal with it better. I have seen one of her YouTube videos and this really just gives extra weight to that argument.

You may not have overlooked that she was 16, maybe a poor choice of words, but I don't think your opinions in the first post properly acknowledged it. I totally agree that she needs to face consequences for her actions and it also frustrates me to no end that the contrast between consequences in the eyes of the law goes from 0 to 100 when someone goes from 17 to 18. But let's face it, it isn't just 17 year olds that dodge punishment especially in the football world.

Dancin' Douggy
07-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Sorry, but did she admit that the pregnancy, and miscarriage/s were a complete lie?

Greystache
07-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Might not be legally wrong but I believe there are plenty things wrong in taking advantage of 16yo when you are older and in a position of power.
You think this is all one way(she wants fame), she is obviously an attractive girl and it wasn't that painful for Sam Gilbert at the time.

Her latest version of the truth acknowledges Gilbert was under the belief she was 19. He's 23 and meets a 19 year old who he thinks is attractive and is clearly pretty liberal we her sexuality, why would he say no.

aker39
07-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Sorry, but did she admit that the pregnancy, and miscarriage/s were a complete lie?

Yes, last night on 60 minutes

Ghost Dog
07-03-2011, 03:47 PM
No mention of her parents and their responsibility?
IF she is so young and immature, where the heck are they?

Desipura
07-03-2011, 04:11 PM
No mention of her parents and their responsibility?
IF she is so young and immature, where the heck are they?
In Frankston

bornadog
07-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Her latest version of the truth acknowledges Gilbert was under the belief she was 19. He's 23 and meets a 19 year old who he thinks is attractive and is clearly pretty liberal we her sexuality, why would he say no.

Well basically he is a dumb ass. He should have made sure. There is a massive difference between a 16 year old and 19 year old.

By the way Greystache, reading all your posts, you are sticking up for the Saints players and club yet can't acknowledge that this girl is a child only. Yes she did the wrong thing by lying etc etc, but we are talking here about a 16/17 year old, versus so called mature men. That is all most posters are saying, yet you won't conceed that the players and club did do something wrong in the way they treated her and you continue to have a go at this girl.

Wait till you have a teenage daughter, and see what happens with her behaviour; they are certainly a different beast. (I have a 17 year old daughter).

LostDoggy
07-03-2011, 04:56 PM

From what I have seen she looks younger than 19. Gilbert was very silly to think otherwise, by the sounds of her she wouldn't have acted like a 19yo. Did he have doubts? There are also plenty of fish in the sea as a footballer.

Dancin' Douggy
07-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Yes, last night on 60 minutes

That's pretty hard to forgive.
What a sordid mess.

strebla
07-03-2011, 05:27 PM

This sounds great in theory besinde the fact that they first met at a HIGH school football clinic sorry while she may be attractive she was only 16 as a man he has a responsibility to himself and as for Ricky Nixon well enough said!!!!

Greystache
07-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Well basically he is a dumb ass. He should have made sure. There is a massive difference between a 16 year old and 19 year old.

By the way Greystache, reading all your posts, you are sticking up for the Saints players and club yet can't acknowledge that this girl is a child only. Yes she did the wrong thing by lying etc etc, but we are talking here about a 16/17 year old, versus so called mature men. That is all most posters are saying, yet you won't conceed that the players and club did do something wrong in the way they treated her and you continue to have a go at this girl.

Wait till you have a teenage daughter, and see what happens with her behaviour; they are certainly a different beast. (I have a 17 year old daughter).

It's not that I side with the St Kilda players, I can't stand St Kilda (the club, their players, and their supporters), I just think it's disgraceful that someone, 17 years old or not, can be allowed to publicly tear apart the lives of people basically without consequence. This case will be the start of a long list of incidents like this IMO. If she's a child then treat her like a child, realise she's likely to be either lying or at the least exaggerating her claims and do some investigations first, but no, in the absurd society we currently live in she's not only been allowed to carry out this publicly, but actually has been assisted by people running to their own agenda- whether that be anti-AFL, to sell more papers, to gets their name in the headlines, or because they hate men in general, when it was so obvious her claims were lies. The media should have done some investigation into her pregnancy claims, and when they realised they were false (which was easy enough considering just how many holes there were in her story), they should have steered her back towards her family and the AFL for counseling for her obvious psychological issues rather than seeing it as an opportunity to mud rake.

The St Kilda players treated her like a footy slut, she acted like one, and they obliged. They thought she was 19, as I've said before it's not as easy as some think to find out if you're being lied to or not (my guess is she was masquerading as her sister who looks similar and was no doubt assisting her). The question is would it have been wrong if she was? There's literally thousands of girls who's highlight of their teenage years was shagging a group of AFL players, and there's probably just as many who feel they were used and abused by the same people. The footy player chaser is usually using the footballer for the notoriety, the footballer is using the girl for easy sex, who's the victim?

If they knew she was 16 then their behaviour is indefensible, she says they didn't (at least this week) so I don't hold them to blame. I blame the media first, her second, Sam Gilbert a distant third.

Greystache
07-03-2011, 05:53 PM
This sounds great in theory besinde the fact that they first met at a HIGH school football clinic sorry while she may be attractive she was only 16 as a man he has a responsibility to himself and as for Ricky Nixon well enough said!!!!

She's now said they didn't know her from the clinic, whatever that's worth.

From what I have seen she looks younger than 19. Gilbert was very silly to think otherwise, by the sounds of her she wouldn't have acted like a 19yo. Did he have doubts? There are also plenty of fish in the sea as a footballer.

Fair enough, I accept that.

Greystache
07-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Do we agree on something? ;)

Before I Die
07-03-2011, 06:25 PM
It's not that I side with the St Kilda players, I can't stand St Kilda (the club, their players, and their supporters), I just think it's disgraceful that someone, 17 years old or not, can be allowed to publicly tear apart the lives of people basically without consequence. This case will be the start of a long list of incidents like this IMO. If she's a child then treat her like a child, realise she's likely to be either lying or at the least exaggerating her claims and do some investigations first, but no, in the absurd society we currently live in she's not only been allowed to carry out this publicly, but actually has been assisted by people running to their own agenda- whether that be anti-AFL, to sell more papers, to gets their name in the headlines, or because they hate men in general, when it was so obvious her claims were lies. The media should have done some investigation into her pregnancy claims, and when they realised they were false (which was easy enough considering just how many holes there were in her story), they should have steered her back towards her family and the AFL for counseling for her obvious psychological issues rather than seeing it as an opportunity to mud rake.

The St Kilda players treated her like a footy slut, she acted like one, and they obliged. They thought she was 19, as I've said before it's not as easy as some think to find out if you're being lied to or not (my guess is she was masquerading as her sister who looks similar and was no doubt assisting her). The question is would it have been wrong if she was? There's literally thousands of girls who's highlight of their teenage years was shagging a group of AFL players, and there's probably just as many who feel they were used and abused by the same people. The footy player chaser is usually using the footballer for the notoriety, the footballer is using the girl for easy sex, who's the victim?

If they knew she was 16 then their behaviour is indefensible, she says they didn't (at least this week) so I don't hold them to blame. I blame the media first, her second, Sam Gilbert a distant third.

Certainly no-one is applauding the girl. She clearly has behavioural and maturity issues. However, I believe the initial response of the St Kilda footbal club was completely inapprorpiate given her age was known at that point. The problem was that St Kilda knew it had more to hide so went on the offensive.

Now their name is mud (as is hers) and they are left with the unresolved questions of why the photos were on Gilbert's PC and what is Riewoldt hiding with his clearly false explanation of how they were taken.

As for Nixon, he deserves whatever he gets plus more. It wasn't illegal for him to have 'alleged' sex with her, but it was morally bankrupt. His credibility as a reliable witness is currently lower than hers and he doesn't have youth and immaturity as an excuse.

Ghost Dog
07-03-2011, 09:06 PM
In Frankston

HAHA Desi you are the master of understatement. love it.

Ghost Dog
07-03-2011, 09:11 PM

A child? Not exactly stealing from the cookie jar is it? Clubbing, going wild with substances,( according to her own twitter messages ) sleeping with AFL players. Hardly a 'child'. Childish perhaps. Old enough to drive.
Wayward teenager sure. B.A.G - what's your daughter's take on the issue? ever asked her?

Dancin' Douggy
07-03-2011, 09:14 PM
A 17 year old is not a toddler. A 23 year old isn't a wise old man.

LostDoggy
07-03-2011, 10:17 PM
A 17 year old is not a toddler. A 23 year old isn't a wise old man.

23 is older than 16 in most peoples books. Who used the word Toddler or Wise old man apart from yourself?

bornadog
07-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Not exactly stealing from the cookie jar is it?
I'm sorry. But a girl who does what she does, is not a 'child'. Childish perhaps. She can get her L plates.
Sure, vulnerable teen, wayward adolescent, easily led. teens are very impressionable, so Nixon can kiss his involvement with AFL goodbye for all I care. It surprises me that all the people crying foul with the 'child' card don't straight up then question what's going on with her parents.
Ok B.A.D, why not ask your daughter what she things ? I would bet she has a much more unsympathetic view towards this kid than her parents, am I right?

I don't have any sympathy for anyone involved.

All I am saying its child versus so called mature adults, and by mature adults I mean the club reaction, Rievoltings reaction, Nixons reaction etc.

BTW she is still considered a minor in the eyes of the law.

w3design
07-03-2011, 10:28 PM

All I am saying its child versus so called mature adults, and by mature adults I mean the club reaction, Rievoltings reaction, Nixons reaction etc.

Whatever we think of her actions could people refrain from calling her a 'lying b*tch '. I don't think we need that kind of derogatory big footy style comment here. She lied, she is disturbed, she is manipulative, that is all true, but unlike the other protagonists in this sorry tale she is not a powerful well heeled bloke.

In another post about zep skinner, people expressed their discomfort about a poster calling him a 'black bulldog'. Calling a 17 yo girl, whatever her many mistakes, a 'b*tch' is equally offensive to me. Stick to a discussion about her behavior without the abusive and personal tone implied by that.

The Adelaide Connection
07-03-2011, 10:38 PM
News just in...

"VETERAN player agent Ricky Nixon has stood down from his role as head of Flying Start, the AFL player agency and promoter, citing health reasons and a need to seek treatment for a "substance problem"."

Jump before you're pushed and try to get the sypathetic angle? Had to try something.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/108948/default.aspx

Ghost Dog
08-03-2011, 12:00 AM

Ah well. IMO
Teenager V so called adults

Maybe a 'minor', but old enough to drive a car, buy lotto tickets and,
Legally have sex. Def not a child.
Old enough to sort Mr Nixon out and get a handout from some media outlet no doubt.

strebla
08-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Ah well. IMO
Teenager V so called adults

Maybe a 'minor', but old enough to drive a car, buy lotto tickets and,
Legally have sex. Def not a child.
Old enough to sort Mr Nixon out and get a handout from some media outlet no doubt.

In this state (Victoria) where she lives she can NOT buy tattslotto or drive a car unsupervised she is a MINOR not an adult she is a 17 year old girl yes a manipulitave one but ffs she is 17 !!!!!

Ghost Dog
08-03-2011, 01:09 AM
In this state (Victoria) where she lives she can NOT buy tattslotto or drive a car unsupervised she is a MINOR not an adult she is a 17 year old girl yes a manipulitave one but ffs she is 17 !!!!!

My Bad re lotto. Didn't say anything about supervision but she can drive.
So you say she is a child? as that's my point.
No way is she a child
I got my first job at 17. Lived by myself at 17. Plenty of others do to. It's not adulthood but it sure as hell is not childhood.
Old enough to know better.

strebla
08-03-2011, 01:19 AM
My Bad re lotto. Didn't say anything about supervision but she can drive.
So you say she is a child? as that's my point.
No way is she a child

I have a 17 year old boy what he does I am responsible for he is a child until he proves to the world (which I think he has ) and the government he is a child under my charge for which i am responsible as per the law of this land!!!

Ghost Dog
08-03-2011, 01:26 AM
I have a 17 year old boy what he does I am responsible for he is a child until he proves to the world (which I think he has ) and the government he is a child under my charge for which i am responsible as per the law of this land!!!

Ask your son if he is a child.

strebla
08-03-2011, 01:36 AM
Wow would never have thought of that as I know what he would say I also know he knows who is in charge and he doesn't like it but he is not yet a man!!!

chef
08-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Ask your son if he is a child.

Do you have kids?

I could ask that of my 13 year old and will say she's not a child.

The Coon Dog
08-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Nixon admits to substance problem

Maris Beck - The Age - 8 March

EMBATTLED AFL player manager Ricky Nixon will check into a rehabilitation clinic, having admitted he has a substance abuse problem.

Nixon announced in a statement last night he would take an ''indefinite break''. ''With the understanding and support of family and close friends, I have decided that I will go to a rehabilitation clinic to seek treatment for a substance problem that has impacted on my life and my decision-making, particularly over the last eight weeks.''

In that time, Nixon had ''inappropriate dealings'' with the 17-year-old schoolgirl at the centre of the St Kilda nude photo scandal. She has alleged they had sex and he had drugs - which Nixon has denied.

Article in full... (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/nixon-admits-to-substance-problem-20110307-1blbi.html)

LostDoggy
08-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Whatever we think of her actions could people refrain from calling her a 'lying b*tch '. I don't think we need that kind of derogatory big footy style comment here. She lied, she is disturbed, she is manipulative, that is all true, but unlike the other protagonists in this sorry tale she is not a powerful well heeled bloke.

In another post about zep skinner, people expressed their discomfort about a poster calling him a 'black bulldog'. Calling a 17 yo girl, whatever her many mistakes, a 'b*tch' is equally offensive to me. Stick to a discussion about her behavior without the abusive and personal tone implied by that.

Well said Remember54! Wholeheartedly agree that we don't need abusive language here -one of the reasons I don't post on BF anymore.

LostDoggy
08-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Its not 17yo vs a 23yo anyway.
Its a individual 17yo vs a big AFL club. She lied - so what, the saints have lied throughout this as well.

The Coon Dog
08-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Isn't there already a thread about St.Kilda? This is supposed to be a Ricky Nixon thread.

Ghost Dog
08-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Do you have kids?

I could ask that of my 13 year old and will say she's not a child.

I teach VCE year 11s so day in and day out I deal with 17 year olds.

While the law is black and white, reality is not.

No matter what, the ultimate blame lies with players who abused their position to treat a young girl as a toy. Whichever way you want to justify it ( young guys are young guys etc ) its disgusting. Secondly, The parents. Thirdly, herself, she needs to cop it sweet. The child argument or the 'lying ***' rail are both barking up the wrong tree IMO.

w3design
08-03-2011, 10:34 PM
I am finding your argument confusing Ghost Dog. If she is not a 'child' but an adult why do you keep referring to the role of her parents and criticizing them? And as a teacher are you saying that just because 17yr olds can and do have sex, they are then fair game for a 'substance abusing' married 47 yr old?

She was 16 when this sorry saga began, incidentally. Her own (many) mistakes and misjudgments and appalling behavior have to be viewed in that light, not to excuse, but to reinforce that is why the law still calls her a child and attempts to protect such children from the consequences of their own poor decision making when people who should know better seek to take advantage of them.

The Adelaide Connection
08-03-2011, 11:18 PM

As a teacher, brother of a 17 year old and someone who was 17 not all that long ago I think the important thing to note is that there is a world of difference between one 17 year old and the next. Sometimes it is unbelievable to think that two kids of the same age could be so far apart and labelling ALL 17 year olds as a kid/adult is absolutely pointless in my opinion.

The fact here is that the girl in question, whilst arguably physically mature enough to pass for a 19 year old, clearly lacks facets of an adults emotional and intellectual maturity. This does not mean to say she is not intelligent or some kind of emotional wreck, but if you look back at some of the decisions she has made they are clearly not the workings of an adult. Another 17 year old may have had the facilities and skills to deal with the situation better (or not got into the mess in the first place) but that is completely irrelevant.

Ghost Dog
08-03-2011, 11:22 PM
I am finding your argument confusing Ghost Dog. If she is not a 'child' but an adult why do you keep referring to the role of her parents and criticizing them? And as a teacher are you saying that just because 17yr olds can and do have sex, they are then fair game for a 'substance abusing' married 47 yr old?

She was 16 when this sorry saga began, incidentally. Her own (many) mistakes and misjudgments and appalling behavior have to be viewed in that light, not to excuse, but to reinforce that is why the law still calls her a child and attempts to protect such children from the consequences of their own poor decision making when people who should know better seek to take advantage of them.

Not once did I say she was an adult. I said she was a wayward teen. What she is not, is a child

Calling a 17 year old a child is rather silly IMO.
I work in China on and off. Many kids ( not all parts ) are treated quite hard, but the grow up straight, upstanding and respectful.
The contrast in teaching here and in Australia is incredible to witness.
In Australia, we have the nanny state. When one ends up like Fev, everyone says "oh what a pity".
Get on a Frankston train on a Saturday night and see what 'children' get up to.
A little more ownership of choices and a little less protection.

Sure, her behaviour when she was 16 - in that light. What about now? Entrapment? act of a child? Come on.

So what do you have to say about the role of her parents then? You seem to disagree that they should be criticised.

Ghost Dog
08-03-2011, 11:55 PM
As a teacher, brother of a 17 year old and someone who was 17 not all that long ago I think the important thing to note is that there is a world of difference between one 17 year old and the next. Sometimes it is unbelievable to think that two kids of the same age could be so far apart and labelling ALL 17 year olds as a kid/adult is absolutely pointless in my opinion.

The fact here is that the girl in question, whilst arguably physically mature enough to pass for a 19 year old, clearly lacks facets of an adults emotional and intellectual maturity. This does not mean to say she is not intelligent or some kind of emotional wreck, but if you look back at some of the decisions she has made they are clearly not the workings of an adult. Another 17 year old may have had the facilities and skills to deal with the situation better (or not got into the mess in the first place) but that is completely irrelevant.

Not sure about that. Tend to suspect drugs and alcohol are behind many of her decisions.

The Adelaide Connection
09-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Not sure about that. Tend to suspect drugs and alcohol are behind many of her decisions.

So you would argue that she is a socially, emotionally and intellectually mature adult and all her issues are due to drugs and alcohol? From your highlighting you also contend that all 17 year olds are exactly as mature as each other?

That, my friend, is crazy talk.

w3design
09-03-2011, 08:04 PM
I am just pointing to the contradiction that I see in you claiming she should be seen as owning decisions and viewed as not a child, and yet calling for parental intervention.

Ghost Dog
10-03-2011, 03:55 PM
So you would argue that she is a socially, emotionally and intellectually mature adult and all her issues are due to drugs and alcohol? From your highlighting you also contend that all 17 year olds are exactly as mature as each other?

That, my friend, is crazy talk.

Never said she was an adult.
Never said all her issues were due to drugs and alchohol.

But they no doubt play a part, ( based on her twitter posts, reported in the age - being juiced up at clubs etc etc.
Never said they were all the same. But, If they want their lives to go in positive directions, they have to make positive choices. Ask any parent. As mentioned, yep, minors they are. But at some point, parents have to stand back and say ' that's your call and your problem'.
The Nanny state will cry ' They are just a child' but that's like saying a half baked cake is not a cake.

Ghost Dog
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
I am just pointing to the contradiction that I see in you claiming she should be seen as owning decisions and viewed as not a child, and yet calling for parental intervention.

There are more colours than black and white.
Life is full of contradictions.
Yes, some decisions should be fully owned. Yet others, are really the domain of her folks.

My point is, you call her a child and I say ' true but not right, right but not true'.

bornadog
10-03-2011, 04:02 PM

But they no doubt play a part, ( based on her twitter posts, reported in the age - being juiced up at clubs etc etc.
Never said they were all the same. But, If they want their lives to go in positive directions, they have to make positive choices. Ask any parent. At some point, you have to stand back and say ' that's your call and your problem'.
The Nanny state will cry ' They are just a child' but that's like saying a half baked cake is not a cake.

GD you don't get the point do you?

All posters are saying is that its a 17 year old Child versus Mature adults.

No one agrees or condones what this girl did, but the reaction from the St KIlda Football Club should have been alot more foregiving and they should have acted like mature adults, not pratts. Thats all, don't read too much into it.

Ghost Dog
10-03-2011, 04:06 PM
GD you don't get the point do you?

All posters are saying is that its a 17 year old Child versus Mature adults.

No one agrees or condones what this girl did, but the reaction from the St KIlda Football Club should have been alot more foregiving and they should have acted like mature adults, not pratts. Thats all, don't read too much into it.

Not all of us agree. I'm no fan of St Kilda, but what would you like the AFL / St Kilda to do?
Imagine one of our players has a relationship with a girl who lies about her age, pretends to be pregnant and so forth.
Could you imagine a much more different reaction?

She has been offered counselling, an apartment and met with the club and the AFL a number of times. So beyond this, what would your expectations be?

Yes, I agree, I don't get your point. And she is not ....a....child.

Scraggers
10-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Not all of us agree. I'm no fan of St Kilda, but what would you like the AFL / St Kilda to do?
Imagine one of our players has a relationship with a girl who lies about her age, pretends to be pregnant and so forth.
Could you imagine a much more different reaction?

She has been offered counselling, an apartment and met with the club and the AFL a number of times. So beyond this, what would your expectations be?

I would hope that we would be more caring ... I would hope that the Pastoral Care Program we would provide when we realised that the girl was underage would be top notch ... I would hope that we would not shun the girl away and sweep it under the carpet like it never happened ... I would hope that we would re-educate the player involved ... I would hope that we would work with all stakeholders (estranged parents included) for the best possible outcome for both girl and player ... I would hope that we were upfront and honest.

This is what I expect of my Football Club !!!

Dancin' Douggy
10-03-2011, 10:17 PM
23 is older than 16 in most peoples books. Who used the word Toddler or Wise old man apart from yourself?

Sorry Chops, not ignoring you.
Just regretting I ever dipped my toe in to this sordid quicksand of a discussion.

For what it's worth, I had a torrid affair with a 17 year old when I was 23.
We are married, have 3 kids, and have been together for 24 years.

Still love her as much as I did then. Well more.

bornadog
10-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Just regretting I ever dipped my toe in to this sordid quicksand of a discussion.

I honestly believe teenagers today are way different than they were 24 years ago. I know thats a bit of a sweeping statement, but the information age has changed the world.

Sockeye Salmon
10-03-2011, 11:44 PM
I honestly believe teenagers today are way different than they were 24 years ago. I know thats a bit of a sweeping statement, but the information age has changed the world.

Spoke to my cousin last weekend for the first time in many years (no animosity, just not close). I found out he has 60 employees and is taking on 6 new apprentices in the next few weeks. he is insisting that they are between 21 and 25 because "21yos today are about where we all were when we were 16".

We're in our 40's.

Greystache
10-03-2011, 11:48 PM

Today they're given the freedom of adults and the responsibility of children, what do you expect?!

Before I Die
10-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Could you imagine a much more different reaction?She has been offered counselling, an apartment and met with the club and the AFL a number of times. So beyond this, what would your expectations be?

If you are suggesting that I would have a different perspective if it was the Bulldogs involved rather than the Aints, then you are completely and utterly wrong. I can't speak for other posters.

The Aints handled it badly from the outset because they knew they had lots to hide so they went on the attack. That went very badly for them because of her age so then they changed tact.

Really this whole sorry tale has just highlighted the fact that most AFL clubs still act as "Boys Clubs" and though misogyny is probably too strong a word, it is not that far off the mark for a number of figures spread throughout the football establishment.

Before I Die
11-03-2011, 12:03 AM
I just wanted to add that I can't believe there is still so much discussion about the girl. Everyone knows she is dishonest, deceptive, manipulative, promiscuous, vindictive and emotionally immature whilst at the same time being physically mature and quite likely also very attractive. Which partially explains the behaviour of the Aints players and Nixon and justifies absolutely none of it.

The girl is irrelevant, all she has done is expose the ugly underbelly that we all knew was there. The shame is in watching the AFL quickly pull the covers back up.

Ghost Dog
11-03-2011, 12:04 AM
Fair enough. Anyway, long arm of the law catching up with Mr Nixon Today I see.

The Adelaide Connection
11-03-2011, 12:21 AM
I just wanted to add that I can't believe there is still so much discussion about the girl. Everyone knows she is dishonest, deceptive, manipulative, promiscuous, vindictive and emotionally immature whilst at the same time being physically mature and quite likely also very attractive. Which partially explains the behaviour of the Aints players and Nixon and justifies absolutely none of it.

The girl is irrelevant, all she has done is expose the ugly underbelly that we all knew was there. The shame is in watching the AFL quickly pull the covers back up.

Well said, and on that note I hope this thread can finally go to bed. Hoping, but not holding my breath...feel like this one has not quite run it's race and more revelations will be forthcoming.

chef
11-03-2011, 06:21 AM

Never said they were all the same. But, If they want their lives to go in positive directions, they have to make positive choices. Ask any parent. As mentioned, yep, minors they are. But at some point, parents have to stand back and say ' that's your call and your problem'. The Nanny state will cry ' They are just a child' but that's like saying a half baked cake is not a cake.

I'm sure once you have kids mate your opinion will change.

Maddog37
11-03-2011, 09:33 AM

Is it still torrid??:D

Ghost Dog
11-03-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm sure once you have kids mate your opinion will change.

All I ever do, from 7.30 until 8pm is teach 17 year olds.

People who makes the laws don't have kids at Frankston High whatever.
I've seen scrag fights, girls doing unspeakable things to others, knowing full well they cannot be touched, while they taunt teachers who stand back, helpless as they know touching a girl is out.
. They taunt and they laugh about it.
I've seen good teachers been lined up quite deliberately with the intention of getting them sacked, by a certain type of teen for no good reason other than they were asked to stop using their mobile in class. Some accusation is made, so the teachers quit or leave the profession because of the power weilded through facebook or other. Some of them REALLY know the system and how to use it.

All this playing of the 'child' card ignores certain facts and people not around those of this generation find the call to force a tougher hand harsh. It's not Andrew Bolte you're talking to here, member of various left wing associations etc.
But as a poster says. It's really about Rick Nixon and adults who use their pull in the sporting world to create an environment. The lure of the light.

I never thought I would come across as I sound here but there you have it. I see what I see because of my work and IMO she's a minor party to this mess ( the law says otherwise ) , and not a child but ....IMO .....feel free to disagree.

aker39
11-03-2011, 10:13 AM

I've seen scrag fights, girls doing unspeakable things to others, knowing full well they cannot be touched, while they taunt teachers who stand back, helpless as they know touching a girl is out.
I've seen good teachers been lined up quite deliberately with the intention of getting them sacked, by a certain type of teen for no good reason other than they were asked to stop using their mobile in class. Some accusation is made, so the teachers quit or leave the profession because of the power weilded through facebook or other. Some of them REALLY know the system and how to use it.

All this playing of the 'child' card ignores certain facts and people not around those of this generation find the call to force a tougher hand harsh. It's not Andrew Bolte you're talking to here, member of various left wing associations etc.
But as a poster says. It's really about Rick Nixon and adults who use their pull in the sporting world to create an environment. The lure of the light.

I never thought I would come across as I sound here but there you have it. I see what I see because of my work and IMO she's a minor party to this mess ( the law says otherwise ) , and not a child but ....IMO .....feel free to disagree.

^^^^^

That's all great, but they are not YOUR children.

Murphy'sLore
11-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Today they're given the freedom of adults and the responsibility of children, what do you expect?!

This is so true.

This generation of parents (not totally excluding myself) are so desperate to protect our kids from any kind of real or perceived risk that we rob them of the opportunity to make their own decisions and take the consequences, even if that involves some harm. Of course once they hit adolescence, they think they're bullet-proof. Now I did some pretty stupid things when I was 17 and I was lucky I came out unscathed, but I did have some idea what the consequences of my actions might be and maybe that made me pull back at a couple of crucial moments.

Today's kids hit 17-18, suddenly they have access to all the toys in the adults' playbox but some of them have no idea how to handle it because they have never learned how to assess risks, make their own decisions, and protect themselves.

Dancin' Douggy
11-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Is it still torrid??:D

oh yeah.....

Twodogs
11-03-2011, 10:59 AM
This is so true.

This generation of parents (not totally excluding myself) are so desperate to protect our kids from any kind of real or perceived risk that we rob them of the opportunity to make their own decisions and take the consequences, even if that involves some harm. Of course once they hit adolescence, they think they're bullet-proof. Now I did some pretty stupid things when I was 17 and I was lucky I came out unscathed, but I did have some idea what the consequences of my actions might be and maybe that made me pull back at a couple of crucial moments.

Today's kids hit 17-18, suddenly they have access to all the toys in the adults' playbox but some of them have no idea how to handle it because they have never learned how to assess risks, make their own decisions, and protect themselves.

Good post. I thnk that this generationo f parents (including myself) have been reluctant to let our kids make, and learn from, mistakes.

I look back at my childhood, think about the stuff we got up to and then compare it to how I bring my kids up. It's totally different. I walked to school with my mates without a parent in sight from the time I got to primary school. There were fights, teasing and diversions but the point is I matured a lot quicker than my own kids have.

It frustates me how immature my 12 and 9 year olds act sometimes but then it's my bad because I have been looking over their shoulder and sheperding them away from trouble pretty much every step of the way. We learn from our mistakes and I havent given my kids the chance to make a lot of the same mistakes I made.

Ghost Dog
11-03-2011, 11:24 AM
^^^^^

We are not talking about children. Teenagers.
In many cultures, Aboriginal Australian and others, it's the uncle that initiates the son, not the father. In some cases, not all, parents don't have the perspective needed to deal with teens. So we end up with a bunch of young people that cry out for discipline and don't get it. IMO.

Ghost Dog
11-03-2011, 11:32 AM
^^^^^

With all due respect to parents, who have a lot of balls to juggle these days.

Maddog37
11-03-2011, 11:52 AM
oh yeah.....

Gold!

Twodogs
11-03-2011, 12:48 PM
We are not talking about children. Teenagers.
In many cultures, Aboriginal Australian and others, it's the uncle that initiates the son, not the father. In some cases, not all, parents don't have the perspective needed to deal with teens. So we end up with a bunch of young people that cry out for discipline and don't get it. IMO.

I read a book about that exact topic just lately. Very interesting stuff. It was a fairly common practice in medieval England and France too. I'm an only child though-it wouldnt be possible to ship my kids off even if I wanted too!

With all due respect to parents, who have a lot of balls to juggle these days.

There's an old African proverb that runs something like "It takes a village to raise a child"

Sockeye Salmon
11-03-2011, 02:33 PM
There's an old African proverb that runs something like "It takes a village to raise a child"

That's the second time I've heard that quote this week.

Stefcep
11-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Folks this sort of stuff where females are deemed to be less responsible or less accountable for sexual misadventures doesn't stop when they're 18 years old. It goes on until they're 80 years old!

Many years ago two female students at Melbourne Uni accused a senior male staff member of some sort of sexual innuendo (NOT rape, AFAIR he was accused of tugging one of their bra straps). They were never able to be identified, by Court Order. The accused's name was made public. Many years later they admitted they made it up. The guy's career was ruined. Their identity is secret.

Recently there was the case where a drunk male and drunk female had sex. She later cried rape. The bloke was convicted because being drunk meant that consent to have sex could not be given by the woman. Never mind that the bloke was drunk too..

Then there was the Theophanous case. Accused of rape by a woman living overseas who was never identified. The case was thrown out, but her identity protected. Theophanous career is mud.

Seb Ryall , ex Melbourne Victory soccer player who was 17 at the time had to deal with sex charges made by a 13 year girl ( he said she looked 16). He was sacked as captain of the young Socceroos and suspended by the FFA for bringing the game into disrepute. Later the charges were dropped.

I think the St Kilda players were luck they were footballers. If these guys were NOT footballers, this girls word would have been enough to have them arrested and put in jail pending a court appearance without any evidence. Don't believe it: have a read of Victoria's new Domestic Violence laws, you'd surprised what is considered as "violence" and how a female accusation is enough to end up in a jail cell.

As dumb as these footballers were, this girls is doing what she is because our society and laws say she can. Guys these days need to be smarter and fully educated about the law on these things.

bornadog
11-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Folks this sort of stuff where females are deemed to be less responsible or less accountable for sexual misadventures doesn't stop when they're 18 years old. It goes on until they're 80 years old!

Many years ago two female students at Melbourne Uni accused a senior male staff member of some sort of sexual innuendo (NOT rape, AFAIR he was accused of tugging one of their bra straps). They were never able to be identified, by Court Order. The accused's name was made public. Many years later they admitted they made it up. The guy's career was ruined. Their identity is secret.

Recently there was the case where a drunk male and drunk female had sex. She later cried rape. The bloke was convicted because being drunk meant that consent to have sex could not be given by the woman. Never mind that the bloke was drunk too..

Then there was the Theophanous case. Accused of rape by a woman living overseas who was never identified. The case was thrown out, but her identity protected. Theophanous career is mud.

Seb Ryall , ex Melbourne Victory soccer player who was 17 at the time had to deal with sex charges made by a 13 year girl ( he said she looked 16). He was sacked as captain of the young Socceroos and suspended by the FFA for bringing the game into disrepute. Later the charges were dropped.

I think the St Kilda players were luck they were footballers. If these guys were NOT footballers, this girls word would have been enough to have them arrested and put in jail pending a court appearance without any evidence. Don't believe it: have a read of Victoria's new Domestic Violence laws, you'd surprised what is considered as "violence" and how a female accusation is enough to end up in a jail cell.

As dumb as these footballers were, this girls is doing what she is because our society and laws say she can. Guys these days need to be smarter and fully educated about the law on these things.

All those cases you quote are only a minority compared to the real sexual harassment that still takes place in the work place as well as in society in general. Since the DJ girl spoke up, the number of cases of sexual harassment has grown.

I think a lot of men still don't realize that by doing certain things (as you mention e.g. the bra pulling) can be construed as sexual harassment, especially dumb footballers.

chef
11-03-2011, 04:59 PM

^^^^^

^^This.

Stefcep
11-03-2011, 05:02 PM
@Bornadog "All those cases you quote are only a minority compared to the real sexual harassment that still takes place in the work place as well as in society in general. Since the DJ girl spoke up, the number of cases of sexual harassment has grown.

I think a lot of men still don't realize that by doing certain things (as you mention e.g. the bra pulling) can be construed as sexual harassment, especially dumb footballers. . "

Be that as it may, it doesn't change the fact that there is a double standard here. If the accusations aren't proven in Court- as they weren't in the DJ case, (and BTW it remains unknown AFAIR if the accusations were real and could be proven, as she settled out of Court for a huge sum of money) the accused loses even if they win, whereas the accuser can remain anonymous, forever.

As for the punishment fitting the crime, well if you lose limbs, eyes and are otherwise permanently disabled at work you get less than the DJ complainant got for (allegedly) being harrassed, possibly for being asked out more than once!

And you right, the DJ case will no doubt encourage more to come forward-why wouldn't you when theres hundreds of thousands of dollars there for the taking, and even if you fail in Court, there are no consequences.

In trying to stamp out harrassment, I can see the pendulum swinging too far..

GVGjr
11-03-2011, 08:10 PM
All, I think this subject has gotten too far off track for what is largely a football forum.
It's become a social discussion more so than a football one.
I think it's best that we close this now.