PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs Team Up with Etihad

The Coon Dog
21-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Western Bulldog's Website

Key figures from the Western Bulldogs shared a working lunch with their counterparts from Etihad Stadium recently, as both parties look to build on their existing relationship.

Board Members from both parties, along with Chief Executive’s Ian Collins and Simon Garlick, engaged in meaningful and constructive dialogue throughout the afternoon.

The focus centred on the immediate and long term opportunities that lie ahead.

Article in full... (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2011/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/108134/default.aspx)

strebla
21-02-2011, 06:04 PM
“The Western Bulldogs are clearly now a force in the AFL competition, both on and off the field."
This must really have hurt Collins to say but we reallt do need a good relationship with this stadium if we are to prosper well into the future.

chef
21-02-2011, 06:09 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

LostDoggy
21-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Western Bulldog's Website

Key figures from the Western Bulldogs shared a working lunch with their counterparts from Etihad Stadium recently, as both parties look to build on their existing relationship.

Board Members from both parties, along with Chief Executive’s Ian Collins and Simon Garlick, engaged in meaningful and constructive dialogue throughout the afternoon.

The focus centred on the immediate and long term opportunities that lie ahead.

Article in full... (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2011/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/108134/default.aspx)

I thought we weren't allowed to use the "C" word on WOOF. ;)

LostDoggy
22-02-2011, 05:02 AM
So what exactly do you think they are going to do? The article doesn't give anything away! I'm assuming the creation of the Footscray End will help with this.

LostDoggy
22-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Was wondering the same thing - just what are they going to do? Paint the steps Red, White & Blue for bulldog games? Very curious!

soupman
22-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Could they do more with things like the 300 game banners they hang from the roof?

eg. Could they put 21 or so along the long sections of the roof with say the 54 Premiership side?

LostDoggy
22-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Could they do more with things like the 300 game banners they hang from the roof?

eg. Could they put 21 or so along the long sections of the roof with say the 54 Premiership side?

Please no. Lets look to the recent past, present and future. IMO it'd be laughable for opposition (and some WB supporters) to see the pictures of players hanging from the roof from an era long gone. Most at the game wouldn't have a clue who 90% of the players are.

soupman
22-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Thats more so an idea in making the stadium more Bulldog's friendly. Any suggestions?

Desipura
22-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Thats more so an idea in making the stadium more Bulldog's friendly. Any suggestions?
Bring back Charlie's Angels
Hyde St Band
Scragger
play the ressies before the main game
let us have a kick on the oval after the game

soupman
22-02-2011, 04:40 PM
let us have a kick on the oval after the game

That would be great but will probably never happen again.

LostDoggy
22-02-2011, 04:56 PM
I think the lunch was simply an opportunistic time for the new CEO to meet with the Stadium to both establish and develop their working relationship.

Nothing to see here really, but is a positive none the less.

Is quite possible that the relationship between Rose and Collins may have been strained as we tried to renegotiate stadium returns, etc, etc.

There is a reason new proprietors put up a sign in their window "UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT"

Desipura
22-02-2011, 05:27 PM
That would be great but will probably never happen again.

You think?