PDA

View Full Version : Gia on SEN

SlimPickens
25-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Gia on SEN shortly, for those interested.

SlimPickens
25-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Rubbish interview, a good question would have been handy.

Topics covered:
-Aker
-Hong Kong/Social Media
- Zephi Skinner- the only bit that was interesting, said he is very exciting but needs to work on his tank.
- 20 secs on tomorrows match and various injuries (said Murph should play next week)

bornadog
25-02-2011, 10:07 AM

What did you expect from a bunch of amateurs.

Mantis
25-02-2011, 10:13 AM

Like?

All media interviews are the same now. The players are like robots with their answers, very rarely do they say something out of the blue so what is the point of asking a 'tough' question when the answer that's received is rehearsed and mundane..

bornadog
25-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Like?

All media interviews are the same now. The players are like robots with their answers, very rarely do they say something out of the blue so what is the point of asking a 'tough' question when the answer that's received is rehearsed and mundane..

Fair enough but bringing up Aker and Hong Kong is just rubbish. The public want to hear how our chances are shaping up for the season., etc, not Aker and a piss up in Hong Kong.

Mantis
25-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Fair enough but bringing up Aker and Hong Kong is just rubbish. The public want to hear how our chances are shaping up for the season., etc, not Aker and a piss up in Hong Kong.

SEN: For the Doggies fans out there how do you see the Dogs performing in 2011, can you maintain a top 4 spot and improve on your 3 consecutive PF appearances?

Gia: Look we play in a pretty tough competition so it will be tough to stay up near the top, but we have recruited well and added players who we hope will improve the team, the younger players are improving and our pre-season has been strong, the boys have trained well and we are just looking forward to rd 1 and getting our season going, but we think we will be around the mark.

Happy with that?

bornadog
25-02-2011, 10:29 AM
SEN: For the Doggies fans out there how do you see the Dogs performing in 2011, can you maintain a top 4 spot and improve on your 3 consecutive PF appearances?

Gia: Look we play in a pretty tough competition so it will be tough to stay up near the top, but we have recruited well and added players who we hope will improve the team, the younger players are improving and our pre-season has been strong, the boys have trained well and we are just looking forward to rd 1 and getting our season going, but we think we will be around the mark.

Happy with that?

Yes, that one is fine, but as I said Aker and a piss up, who needs to hear it.

SlimPickens
25-02-2011, 10:48 AM

Exactly....irrelevant.

G-Mo77
25-02-2011, 10:48 AM

Unfortunately a lot of people do. :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
25-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Regardless of the questions posed, I thought Gia presented and responded very well.

In previous years this would have typically been Brad.

Is Gia to be the face of our club in the media whilst Boyd captains our team on the ground?

Too early to confirm if this is a strategic club strategy, however I have heard it mentioned here by other posters that media is not Boyd's strongest suit.

Murphy'sLore
25-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Seems to be shaping up that way - not a bad strategic strategy;) IMO, both playing to their strengths.

Topdog
25-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Regardless of the questions posed, I thought Gia presented and responded very well.

In previous years this would have typically been Brad.

No in previous years this has been Gia. He is always interviewed on SEN.

Cyberdoggie
25-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Is Gia to be the face of our club in the media whilst Boyd captains our team on the ground?

Too early to confirm if this is a strategic club strategy, however I have heard it mentioned here by other posters that media is not Boyd's strongest suit.

Quite possible.

Boyd isn't the best public speaker.

Chris Grant wasn't the best either as he was more of the shy retiring type of personality, yet he was able to be a fine captain.

I see no problem in this.

LostDoggy
25-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Like?

Couldn't agree more. Most footy player interviews (electronic and print) are a big yawn. The players are so sh1t scared of getting quoted out of context, giving amo to the opposition, or being sacked, that they even bore themselves to death. The worst is after the game interviews. And if the players do say something off the cuff (ie: Aka in his heyday) they get critisized. Tennis players and American sports have good interviews, they don't mind pumping themselves/team up!