PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog Easter Treats

LostDoggy
25-02-2011, 11:02 AM
As snapped by a western bulldogs fan @colly_amy

http://twitter.com/#!/colly_amy

sorry - I could not post the image directly in this post so you will have to click the link below

http://yfrog.com/h664vxmj

Thanks TCD - See post below for image

Murphy'sLore
25-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Cute!

Now all we need are some hot CROSS buns.

LostDoggy
25-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Where can I get one?

The Coon Dog
25-02-2011, 12:21 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg618/scaled.php?tn=0&server=618&filename=64vxm.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

LostDoggy
25-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks for pic TCD

Could these have been inspired by one J Grant?;)

LostDoggy
25-02-2011, 01:09 PM
The look great!! I hope it's nice chocolate too. :)

LostDoggy
25-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks for pic TCD

Could these have been inspired by one J Grant?;)

Well, maybe, but JG seems to prefer pink sparkly ears! :D

Mantis
25-02-2011, 03:43 PM
The look great!! I hope it's nice chocolate too. :)

I just hope the expiry date isn't Sept 2011... It would be nice if it lasted until October.;)

LostDoggy
27-02-2011, 02:42 AM
I just hope the expiry date isn't Sept 2011... It would be nice if it lasted until October.;)

Hope So :rolleyes:

BulldogBelle
27-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Saw them in Coles this afternoon couldn't resist and bought 2 of them. I saw a St Kilda one and I just wanted to break it is that bad? :D

LostDoggy
28-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Saw them in Coles this afternoon couldn't resist and bought 2 of them. I saw a St Kilda one and I just wanted to break it is that bad? :D

Haha! No, BB, you are not bad! I think I would be tempted to do the same :D

LostDoggy
28-02-2011, 04:11 PM

Not at all BB ;)

BulldogBelle
28-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Haha! No, BB, you are not bad! I think I would be tempted to do the same :D

Not at all BB ;)

Haha! Well it's good to see that we are all on the same wavelength. ;)

LostDoggy
01-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Not normally a big chocolate fan but had to buy myself one while doing the shopping on my way home from work today. Also bought an egg-shaped treat emblazened with the RoboDog logo and red, white and blue foil. :)

ledge
02-03-2011, 07:48 PM
I am thinking its not exactly good chocolate, what make is it?

LostDoggy
02-03-2011, 09:00 PM

The eggshaped treat is made from unidentified local and imported ingredients whilst the rabbit-shaped treat does not say but is "Best Before September 2012." ;)

LostDoggy
07-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Whilst out shopping yesterday I thought I would grab myself a few of these in preparation for Easter so threw 5 if them in the trolley.

The didn't have a listed price on the display unit so I was a kept an eye on them as the were scanned...............$40:eek: ($8 each)

I kindly advised the young lass that I would now like to only purchase two of them as I thought the price was ridiculous for 150g of chocolate.

She advised me that this Thursday they will have them on special for $4 (coles).

If your in the market for the Bulldogs Bunnies for this Easter, hold off until Thursday so you can buy them at what is a more realistic price.

LostDoggy
07-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Whilst out shopping yesterday I thought I would grab myself a few of these in preparation for Easter so threw 5 if them in the trolley.

The didn't have a listed price on the display unit so I was a kept an eye on them as the were scanned...............$40:eek: ($8 each)

I kindly advised the young lass that I would now like to only purchase two of them as I thought the price was ridiculous for 150g of chocolate.

She advised me that this Thursday they will have them on special for $4 (coles).

If your in the market for the Bulldogs Bunnies for this Easter, hold off until Thursday so you can buy them at what is a more realistic price.

Thanks for the heads up!! $8 is ridiculous. I'll have a look, but being a chololate snob (it's gotta be Red Tulip or Cadbury!!) I may not even buy one at $4. :p

LostDoggy
08-03-2011, 09:09 AM

Picked one up the other day (had to restrain myself from smashing the Aints collection next to ours!) and they are made by Heritage Chocolates - so not a major player, but a producer who does a great deal around Easter.

LostDoggy
08-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the heads up!! $8 is ridiculous. I'll have a look, but being a chololate snob (it's gotta be Red Tulip or Cadbury!!) I may not even buy one at $4. :p

Suz32 - I'm surprised that you still think Cadbury's chocolates are okay? In 2009 they started adding veg. oil instead of full cream milk (I think) and it has totally changed the taste of their products. It is more like compounded chocolate now. I worked for many years in HR at Rowntree Hoadley (now Nestle) and understand a little of chocolate. If you want great chocolate (Australian made) go to Haigs in the city - I would be surprised if you eat any other chocolate ever again!

Daughter of the West
08-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Suz32 - I'm surprised that you still think Cadbury's chocolates are okay? In 2009 they started adding veg. oil instead of full cream milk (I think) and it has totally changed the taste of their products. It is more like compounded chocolate now. I worked for many years in HR at Rowntree Hoadley (now Nestle) and understand a little of chocolate. If you want great chocolate (Australian made) go to Haigs in the city - I would be surprised if you eat any other chocolate ever again!

I used to work a few doors down from the Haighs in Collins St, and the chocolate buttons are to die for! It probably wasn't so good for my waist though, especially when I bought a packet of buttons at lunchtime, and by the time I left the office had finished the whole thing!

LostDoggy
08-03-2011, 03:22 PM

I thought they had gone back to the original recipe as there were so many complaints when they started using the vegetable oil? :confused:

I must admit, when it comes to Easter I even snub Cadbury in favour of Red Tulip (just love their elegant rabbits!!) And yes, Haighs chocolate is lovely - especially their frogs!! :)

ledge
08-03-2011, 03:55 PM
I know a lot of people who love Whittakers.

Torocani
09-03-2011, 02:34 PM
not to mention the fact that the 'vegetable oil' is more likely than not to be Palm Oil from unsustainable plantations they have put on top of bulldozed rainforests and peat swamp forests which used to be home to many species of native flora and fauna, possibly including orang-utans somewhere in south east asia.

LostDoggy
09-03-2011, 07:28 PM
not to mention the fact that the 'vegetable oil' is more likely than not to be Palm Oil from unsustainable plantations they have put on top of bulldozed rainforests and peat swamp forests which used to be home to many species of native flora and fauna, possibly including orang-utans somewhere in south east asia.

Excellent point - I usually check that stuff.....thanks!

LostDoggy
09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
I thought they had gone back to the original recipe as there were so many complaints when they started using the vegetable oil? :confused:

I must admit, when it comes to Easter I even snub Cadbury in favour of Red Tulip (just love their elegant rabbits!!) And yes, Haighs chocolate is lovely - especially their frogs!! :)

Suz, maybe you are right, I'm not sure as I don't really eat chocolate? I love easter egg chocolate too, and if it's still the same, it is because they have to use more milk solids to get the chocolate to set in the moulds! You know Red Tulip are owned by Cadburys? Go the Haighs I reckon - their peppermint frogs, ummmm!

Murphy'sLore
10-03-2011, 10:49 AM
I am a bit of a Pink Lady fan myself.

Torocani
10-03-2011, 07:26 PM
i work at coles and there was no change in the price of the footy easter eggs today, we've been duped, people who work at coles are clearly dodgy

AndrewP6
10-03-2011, 09:22 PM
I am a bit of a Pink Lady fan myself.

Off topic, but they are the best apples too.

Maddog37
10-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Royal gala is best IMO.

AndrewP6
10-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Royal gala is best IMO.

There appears a PL shortage in my neck of the woods, so I've taken to eating Royal Gala, and I agree, they're good.

Thread hi-jacking, anyone?:)

Murphy'sLore
11-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Outrageous! How dare you change the subject from sinful chocolate to healthy fruit options??

LostDoggy
11-03-2011, 03:05 PM

Ok, my husband is a printer & they're currently printing packaging for Cadbury Mousse chocolate. I asked him to check the ingredients & yes, there is vegetable oil in it. I won't be buying Cadbury from now on, and will be checking the ingredients before buying any Red Tulip. The whole Palm Oil thing has stopped me buying some brands of potato chips too. Nothing like poor orang-utans losing their habitat to help me lose some weight!!

LostDoggy
12-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Ok, my husband is a printer & they're currently printing packaging for Cadbury Mousse chocolate. I asked him to check the ingredients & yes, there is vegetable oil in it. I won't be buying Cadbury from now on, and will be checking the ingredients before buying any Red Tulip. The whole Palm Oil thing has stopped me buying some brands of potato chips too. Nothing like poor orang-utans losing their habitat to help me lose some weight!!

***Sigh*** nothing ever stays the same, does it? :o