PDA

View Full Version : Who's your Tony Campbell?

Remi Moses
28-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Anyone dislike a player for another club and for that player to then play for us?
Personally mine was Tony campbell,and throw in that little pr*** Ricky jackson.
The Gordon Gecko look,the pompous twat look he had it all!

AndrewP6
28-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Aker. Couldn't stand him in Brisvegas, loved (most of) his work (on-field!) for us.

GVGjr
28-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Robert Klomp. Didn't like him when he was at the Blues and thought he was useless with us.

The Coon Dog
28-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Bernard Toohey. He was a dead set thug at Geelong & Sydney. ;)

alwaysadog
01-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Jacko thought it, you thought it and so did I.

Happy Days
01-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Wasn't a big fan of Sherman at Brisbane.

bulldogtragic
01-03-2011, 02:55 AM
Rawlings anyone? Street perhaps too. Koops and leaving when the pick given was used on David Mundy.

Ah, 'cheap as chips'...

chef
01-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Aker. Couldn't stand him in Brisvegas, loved (most of) his work (on-field!) for us.

Same here.

Greystache
01-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Bernard Toohey. He was a dead set thug at Geelong & Sydney. ;)

Yet when he was belting opposition players in defence of his Bulldog team mates it seemed admirable, at least in my eyes. ;)

Me too.

Mantis
01-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Nathan Eagleton :D ..... To be honest I didn't know much about him when he arrived except the heart condition... I just grew to dislike him. ;)

Wasn't real keen on picking up Street, thought he was a big dud... Gave up an over the odds pick to get him and to make matters worse we hear later that he was going to be delisted anyway... If Smorgo could have 5 minutes back in his time as Bulldog president it would have to be the day he ticked off the appointment of Rohde.

always right
01-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Didn't rate Rohde at Carlton or Melbourne. Turned out to be an even bigger dud as a coach.:(

Andrew Wills.

LostDoggy
01-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Didn't rate Rohde at Carlton or Melbourne. Turned out to be an even bigger dud as a coach.:(

Andrew Wills.

Rohde, yeah sounds like something you do a Burnout on :o

Sockeye Salmon
01-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Thought Jose Romero was a soft forward pocket who was frightened of the dark

Desipura
01-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Barry Hall.

LostDoggy
01-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Aker for being a loudmouth tosser and especially Hall for being a dirty, gutless squibb for putting Grant down behind play.

It still think Aker is still a loudmouth tosser but I have forgiven Hall for his indiscretion, mainly because Grant was able to let it go, but Hall's performance in the NAB Cup Grand Final last year sealed the deal for me.

Mofra
01-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Nobody as a player, but I did raise a few eyebrows when Wayne Campbell came across as an assistant coach. Water under the bridge now I guess.

Bulldog Revolution
01-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Was horrified when I heard a radio spot saying Terry Wallace wanted to bring Paul Hudson to the kennel

Ozza
01-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Jakovich & Wills as others have said.

I actually liked Barry Hall - so was more than happy to get Bazza on board.

I didn't like Scott Welsh - because he played one of his few good games a year against us every time! So in that sense I was happy we got him - so he wasn't kicking 7 against us.

LostDoggy
01-03-2011, 01:01 PM
As other have said, I was upset when the Bulldogs acquired many of the aforementioned players, and equally with the following players:

Andrew McDougall
Marty Pask
Matthew Dent
Trent Bartlett

Only one of those earned my repsect. Trent Bartlett. What a gun!

Daughter of the West
01-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Aker for being a loudmouth tosser and especially Hall for being a dirty, gutless squibb for putting Grant down behind play.

It still think Aker is still a loudmouth tosser but I have forgiven Hall for his indiscretion, mainly because Grant was able to let it go, but Hall's performance in the NAB Cup Grand Final last year sealed the deal for me.

Hall.

It was the NAB Cup final that turned it for me too, and by the end I was chanting "BARRRYYYY, BARRRYYYY, BARRRYYY!" as loud as anyone else!

My sister still gives me grief for how opposed I was (but I did state at the time that I would be more than happy to be proven wrong :D)

always right
01-03-2011, 01:44 PM
As other have said, I was upset when the Bulldogs acquired many of the aforementioned players, and equally with the following players:

Andrew McDougall
Marty Pask
Matthew Dent
Trent Bartlett

Only one of those earned my repsect. Trent Bartlett. What a gun!

Matthew Dent was a more than handy pick up who played some solid games for us.

LostDoggy
01-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Matthew Dent was a more than handy pick up who played some solid games for us.

I think the Bartlett comment was tongue in cheek (is he hav'en a laugh, are you hav'en a laugh), for mine Dent was the standout Pick out of that group

LostDoggy
01-03-2011, 02:20 PM
It was very toungue in cheek. I wish there was a sarcasm font.

Dent was pivotal to our team in the late 90's, and a player that earned the respect of the fans.

Greystache
01-03-2011, 02:29 PM
It was very toungue in cheek. I wish there was a sarcasm font.

Dent was pivotal to our team in the late 90's, and a player that earned the respect of the fans.

Don't try and back track now, you've always been a Trent Bartlett devotee!!

redders70
01-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Hi everyone new user so all a bit new to these forums. Didnt mind Paul Hudson while he was at the dogs.always remember game at Waverley against the Swans when we had no chance in the last qtr and I think he kicked 2 or 3 goals including the match winner to seal it.
But when he didn't shepherd Granty in the goal square in the 97 prelim against Adelaide that would have tipped us into the grand final because he wanted to kick the winning goal himself. Well that was it for me he was to be forever hated and despised for as long as he kept playing for us and till the day I die.

strebla
01-03-2011, 03:44 PM
The Port Adelaide player Monty
No just kidding I was very upset when we got Jose but he did seem to grow in stature at our club and I came around eventually although it took a couple of years.

Doc26
01-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Daniel Bandy

Twodogs
01-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Ben Harrison.

When I heard we'd signed him I just couldnt believe it.

Throughandthrough
01-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Scott Welsh.

The Adelaide Connection
02-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Scott Welsh.

+1

He was one of my best mates (Crow fanatic) favourite players and one night we were in town and heading down O'Connell Street in North Adelaide minding our own business and he came stumbling out of a pub in front of us with a few blokes, squared up to us and said "look at you two faggots". Another mate ended up working with him in a pub and reports weren't glowing. He also allegedly smoked like a chimney. I thought he was going to be the worst pickup of all time and didn't want him anywhere near our club.

That said I didn't mind him as a player for us.

Bulldog Joe
02-03-2011, 01:29 AM
But when he didn't shepherd Granty in the goal square in the 97 prelim against Adelaide that would have tipped us into the grand final because he wanted to kick the winning goal himself. Well that was it for me he was to be forever hated and despised for as long as he kept playing for us and till the day I die.

The single most unforgivable effort in a Bulldog jumper

Ben Harrison.

Agreed. Already had chances at Carlton and Richmond and could not believe we took him on board.

When I look at the list, the Doggies have had a few re-run Tasmanians with mixed success

Paul Hudson
Simon Minton-Connell
James Cook
Ben Harrison
Trent Bartlett
Peter Street

and now we add Justin Sherman.

Here's hoping the Shermanator can be the most successful of them all.

Sockeye Salmon
02-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone new user so all a bit new to these forums. Didnt mind Paul Hudson while he was at the dogs.always remember game at Waverley against the Swans when we had no chance in the last qtr and I think he kicked 2 or 3 goals including the match winner to seal it.

I have never, nor will I ever, watch that game again but in my minds eye I thought it could just as easily been Grant shepharding Hudson.

Wallace letting Jarman destroy Curley (with Kretiuk available) and not doing anything about Nigel Smart (while the best CHB of our generation was freezing in the goalsquare) was way worse than any one instance of play.

The Pie Man
02-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Thought Jose Romero was a soft forward pocket who was frightened of the dark

Romero for me, for those exact reasons too. He didn't start his Bulldog career all that well either, it took a while for him to become the midfield menace he ended up.

stefoid
02-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Nathan Eagleton :D ..... To be honest I didn't know much about him when he arrived except the heart condition... I just grew to dislike him. ;)

Wasn't real keen on picking up Street, thought he was a big dud... Gave up an over the odds pick to get him and to make matters worse we hear later that he was going to be delisted anyway... If Smorgo could have 5 minutes back in his time as Bulldog president it would have to be the day he ticked off the appointment of Rohde.

Rhode did the job that needed doing for next to nothing. Carlton paid Pagan $1mil a year to do the same thing!

stefoid
02-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Ben Harrison.

farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr kyes!

and Ill say it - eagleton too.

Not the fact that they we're useless twats, but that they were useless twats for such a long time!

Remi Moses
03-03-2011, 12:25 AM

Welcome newbie.
Tough call on Hudson though as I recall both players eyes fixed on the ball just basically ran into each other. Vividly recall a mate of my brothers getting into hudson one night at the Saloon bar in the mid 90's and Huddo not responding. Got the feeling Paul had heard it before from hawthorn fans and chose not to respond to his sexuality being questioned.