PDA

View Full Version : Smorgon on SEN - Now

bornadog
08-03-2011, 01:40 PM
* Very happy with 3 year deal with an option for two more.

* Longest ever sponsorship partnership

* Still have rights to jumper logo, and shorts

* Garlic can now concentrate on other matters

* Confident about 2011, however, need to improve. List has improved, young guys from 2010 improving and injuries are out of the way.

* Need to make Grand Final and win

* Wallis and Libba exciting, great to see them grow up and mature and now part of dogs

* Adelaide announced Neil Craig is staff member - Smorgon was asked would the club employ Rocket as a staff member instead of being on a con tract? Smorgon claims hasn't heard about it. Will be discussing Rocket's contract in due course and he will determine timing not media

Twodogs
08-03-2011, 02:55 PM
* Adfelaide announced Neil Craig is staff member

I missed the interview and will try and find a podcast later but could you expand on this comment please BAD?

What does 'staff member' mean? Does it mean that Craig doesnt have a contract in the traditional sense but is an employee of the club instead? If he is no longer the senior coach then they will find other duties for him?

aker39
08-03-2011, 02:59 PM
What does 'staff member' mean? Does it mean that Craig doesnt have a contract in the traditional sense but is an employee of the club instead? If he is no longer the senior coach then they will find other duties for him?

That's exactly what it means

Bulldog Revolution
08-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Magnificent stuff Smorgo

Twodogs
08-03-2011, 03:14 PM
That's exactly what it means

Thanks for clearing that up. Interesting idea, I guess he was an employee of the club when he became senior coach so it makes sense that the Crows wouldnt want to lose him when his coaching gig comes to an end.

I wonder what Smorgon's motivation was in mentioning it-was he asked a direct question about it?

bornadog
08-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. Interesting idea, I guess he was an employee of the club when he became senior coach so it makes sense that the Crows wouldnt want to lose him when his coaching gig comes to an end.

I wonder what Smorgon's motivation was in mentioning it-was he asked a direct question about it?

Yes he was asked if the club would do the same with Rocket. Smorgon answered he didn't hear about Craigs situation.

Cyberdoggie
08-03-2011, 03:21 PM

I think SEN asked Smorgo the question in regards to Eade.

Bizarre as it is a totally unrelated issue other than the fact that our coach hasn't signed yet.

Swoop
08-03-2011, 04:05 PM
* Need to make Grand Final and win

I thought this was an interesting comment, what context was this comment made? Is it an expectation, hope or minimum requirement?

Murphy'sLore
08-03-2011, 04:06 PM
I thought this was an interesting comment, what context was this comment made? Is it an expectation, hope or minimum requirement?

Smorgon said that we had proved now that we could make it into finals, so that goal had been achieved; what is left now is to get into a GF, and (obviously!) to win it.

Topdog
08-03-2011, 04:54 PM
he said the same thing last year (RE: GF)

Remi Moses
08-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Great news re. Sponsorship
I reckon Adelaide in a not so subtle way are taking pressure off Craig!
If Adelaide Struggle and we get the obligatory media frenzy they'll just move him upstairs.
I get the feeling there is some manlove with Craig and Adelaide honchos

LostDoggy
08-03-2011, 05:48 PM
he said the same thing last year (RE: GF)

Good. Say the same thing every bloody year. That's what we aim for.

BornInDroopSt'54
08-03-2011, 06:24 PM

Mission statement.

LostDoggy
08-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Smorgo was on 3AW Sports Tonight and pretty much said the same things and was asked the same Neil Craig question tonight.

LostDoggy
09-03-2011, 10:29 AM
* Garlic can now concentrate on other matters

I love concentrated Garlic on other matter!