PDA

View Full Version : Footy Show v.2011

AndrewP6
10-03-2011, 10:39 PM
In the intro, James Brayshaw said David Smorgon is putting the heat on Rodney Eade, more to come. Beat-up, anyone? Wait and see....

The Adelaide Connection
10-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Footy Show v.2011

...not holding my breath.

AndrewP6
10-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Bazza in da hoooooouuuuuuuuse! Get on it, WOOFers!

LostDoggy
10-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Sam still not making sense for another year, give it up.

AndrewP6
10-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Fev interview, recorded prior to the latest events. Fev spoke of Christmas holiday incident where he was looking after his daughter, 'fell asleep' due to effects of ADD medication. Lily fell off the bed, and a fight ensued with Alex. He intended to drink a glass of wine and ended up drinking 3 or 4 bottles. He tried to 'harm' himself, says his intention was to kill himself. Very sad so far.

LostDoggy
10-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Sam needs to get a clue, i am surprised he is still on TV.

LostDoggy
10-03-2011, 11:46 PM
I love Sam. He is a comedian (litereally). He is getting paid to do what he does. He may seem dumb and dimwitted, but that's why he has that job.

LostDoggy
10-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Big news for the Bulldogs coming up next!?
What is it?

AndrewP6
11-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Big news for the Bulldogs coming up next!?
What is it?

Smorgo interviewed, and said a GF is a must (they only showed a very small excerpt). Not as big as made out. Which isn't surprising. Garry Lyon just said in different circumstances, that would be the lead story.

Before I Die
11-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Smorgo interviewed, and said a GF is a must (they only showed a very small excerpt). Not as big as made out. Which isn't surprising. Garry Lyon just said in different circumstances, that would be the lead story.

Smorgon said anything other than a Grand Final was a fail. He was referring to the whole club, not Eade specifically. The FS crew then used the fact that Eade was in the last year of his contract to try to paint a picture of Smorgon delivering an ultimatum to Eade. Nothing but a beat up unless there is a lot more in the interview which is to be shown in more detail on the Sunday Footy Show.

Cyberdoggie
11-03-2011, 12:52 PM
I don't know why Smorgon needs to say these things. Perhaps it has something to do with our below expected membership levels this year.

Murphy'sLore
11-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Isn't this exactly what he said last year? And nobody's head rolled (well, unless you count Aker...) :D

Greystache
11-03-2011, 01:04 PM
I don't know why Smorgon needs to say these things. Perhaps it has something to do with our below expected membership levels this year.

Perhaps he feel like the club needs a bigger air of expectation around the place. Our finals record, and record against top 4 teams generally has been poor, and maybe he thinks with added pressure some of the group will start to step up. Smorgon's hardly the emotional type, a la Kennet, I'm confident there's a strategy involved.

LongWait
11-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Thank goodness Smorgon is saying anything less than a GF is a fail. That should be the benchmark every year!

LostDoggy
11-03-2011, 04:10 PM

Thank goodness Smorgon is saying anything less than a GF is a fail. That should be the benchmark every year!

Smorgon says it because he's the President of the club. And it needs to be said. I don't know what took him so long.

3 Prelims in a row. It's not rocket science to suggest we need to win our 4th crack at it if we want to call the year successful.

the banker
11-03-2011, 05:26 PM
GF is what we all expect and once we are there we will expect to win it - against anyone.
We have teh talent and we have the will to win it all.

immortalmike
11-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Smorgon says it because he's the President of the club. And it needs to be said. I don't know what took him so long.

3 Prelims in a row. It's not rocket science to suggest we need to win our 4th crack at it if we want to call the year successful.

He has said the exact same thing in both of the last two years. It's just that for some reason (most likely Eade's contract) the media have decided it's more newsworthy this year.

Ghost Dog
11-03-2011, 07:38 PM

Nice post

GVGjr
12-03-2011, 07:50 AM
As much as we love David Smorgon for what he has done with the club there have been a few too many times when he has gone on air and created unnecessary pressure on Eade.

I think its to show the old 'we don't accept mediocrity at the Western Bulldogs' chestnut and to confirm to the fans that we are genuine candidates but I would hope he could phrase things better and not create media speculation. I don't believe that Eade is under any real threat to being signed up again but now the door is ajar and the media is likely to pounce if we lose 2 games in a row.

I never saw the interview but I'm not surprised that Smorgon has created a little extra pressure.

mjp
12-03-2011, 12:45 PM
I love Sam. He is a comedian (litereally). He is getting paid to do what he does. He may seem dumb and dimwitted, but that's why he has that job.

Aren't comedians supposed to be funny?

Swoop
12-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Collingwood came out and made similar predictions in the past few years, as we've seen it is part of our business plan so it's not secret.

There seems to be some sort of taboo mentioning grand finals and premierships incase the footy gods curse you but I don't see what the problem is with being ambitious and stating your goals.

GVGjr
12-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Collingwood came out and made similar predictions in the past few years, as we've seen it is part of our business plan so it's not secret.

There seems to be some sort of taboo mentioning grand finals and premierships incase the footy gods curse you but I don't see what the problem is with being ambitious and stating your goals.

I guess the problem with it is setting an agenda that places undue media pressure and scrutiny.
Our aim should be the flag just about every season but if we miss out should the coach automatically be seen as a potential casualty? In this instance I don't think so.

Smorgon has to keep talking up our chances to make sure some of the more fickle members keep signing up but at times he also seems to open up the door to some speculation on Eade's career with us. Now Rocket can handle it but I don't think it's ideal.

soupman
12-03-2011, 08:16 PM

Fiona O'Loughlin proves otherwise.

chef
13-03-2011, 08:47 AM

Agree, Sam tries to be an ignorant wanker and he can really pull that off.

LostDoggy
13-03-2011, 11:15 AM

You might not find him funny, but channel 9 do. That's why they pay him millions. So someone must be finding him funny

LostDoggy
13-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Agree, Sam tries to be an ignorant wanker and he can really pull that off.

Oh yeah, he's got that one down pat for sure! I don't even bother watching the FS anymore, as I can't bear Sam - he is downright abusive and rude!:(

LostDoggy
14-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Oh yeah, he's got that one down pat for sure! I don't even bother watching the FS anymore, as I can't bear Sam - he is downright abusive and rude!:(

Who is he abusive and rude to? He isn't attacking you

Before I Die
14-03-2011, 01:13 AM

Newman is opinionated and controversial, that is what he is paid to do. Some find him entertaining, funny and in some cases enlightened. Others find him abusive, rude and ignorant. Clearly the Footy Show ratings indicate there are a lot of people who fall into the first group, I belong to the latter group.

Ghost Dog
14-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Is it just me? or Does TFS feel like something out of the 80s?
All that lowbrow stuff with Shane crawford.
I think Gary Lyon or J. Brayshaw may yet live to rue the day they are associated with the show.
It skates the ice a fair bit.

Like a bucks night with flashing lights, commentary and a studio audience.

Some people in Melb just love sam. I usually meet them in Op shops.

LostDoggy
14-03-2011, 02:29 AM
To me you all are sounding like the type of people who send in complaints about ads being to 'raunchy' or stop movies from being played in the country for what ever reason.

/waits for the onsalught :P

AndrewP6
14-03-2011, 02:34 AM
I think TFS is good for a bit of light entertainment.

Ghost Dog
14-03-2011, 02:41 AM
To me you all are sounding like the type of people who send in complaints about ads being to 'raunchy' or stop movies from being played in the country for what ever reason.

Which is your favourite segment?

immortalmike
14-03-2011, 03:21 AM

I tend to agree in some respects...

If you are easily offended by idiots (i.e., Sam Newman) there are plenty of other things on television. That's why God (or non-God as it were) invented the remote control.

LostDoggy
14-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Which is your favourite segment?

I like it all. The footy content and the other stuff. In particular, Sams segments are my favorite.

mjp
14-03-2011, 12:39 PM
I tend to agree in some respects...

If you are easily offended by idiots (i.e., Sam Newman) there are plenty of other things on television. That's why God (or non-God as it were) invented the remote control.

See, I don't understand this.

I do change the channel - and a couple of other posters have said the same thing - but the reason we change the channel is because Sam is a relic who is completely out of touch with societal standards. But if we say that we are told not to say anything and change the channel...which we already do...so what are you actually telling us?

The other thing is that believe it or not if you love footy and you want to see the teams / listen to the latest "scoop" from Craig Hutchison (who is annoying I agree but seems able to get people to talk to him) you need to use that same remote to flick back to see if the segment you are after is on...

I am quite happy to laugh along with comedy that at times seems a bit 'right wing' or low-brow - Carolla's "In 50 years we will all be chicks" is my favorite book of the last 12-months...but he doesn't resort to sexist comments to get a cheap laugh.

As for comments about people who complain about ads that are too raunchy or whatever, I don't know what that is all about Danstar. You are equating people who find sexist and racist humor offensive with people who support media censorship? Give me a break.

LostDoggy
14-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Dont like it, don't watch it. Go to footy show website, they used to have videos of individual segments. Will save some battery power in your remote

immortalmike
14-03-2011, 02:48 PM
See, I don't understand this.

I do change the channel - and a couple of other posters have said the same thing - but the reason we change the channel is because Sam is a relic who is completely out of touch with societal standards. But if we say that we are told not to say anything and change the channel...which we already do...so what are you actually telling us?

The other thing is that believe it or not if you love footy and you want to see the teams / listen to the latest "scoop" from Craig Hutchison (who is annoying I agree but seems able to get people to talk to him) you need to use that same remote to flick back to see if the segment you are after is on...

I am quite happy to laugh along with comedy that at times seems a bit 'right wing' or low-brow - Carolla's "In 50 years we will all be chicks" is my favorite book of the last 12-months...but he doesn't resort to sexist comments to get a cheap laugh.

As for comments about people who complain about ads that are too raunchy or whatever, I don't know what that is all about Danstar. You are equating people who find sexist and racist humor offensive with people who support media censorship? Give me a break.

My point is that while all that might might be true. Getting offended at or complaining about a show you don't watch seems silly and a waste of time to me (then again I rarely get offended anyway). If you want the teams, well they are released on a Thursday arvo and are usually on the news or websites, and Hutchy, while he feels he likes to break stories normally just regurgitates weeks old stories with a bit of sensationalist spin. Whenever there is any real Footy news it has already been well discussed before the Footy show airs anyway.

Also like it or not Sam Newman= ratings to channel 9, despite being a fossil, a relic, an idiot, unfunny, crude, rude and abusive. That's what they say about Howard Stern and he's the highest paid man on radio in the US and he resorts to much worse stuff than Sam (the only difference for me is that Stern is actually funny along with those things).

Finally I think being offended by something that really has no power (really how many worthwhile people actually agree with Sam) is rather useless and a waste of time and energy. You won't get him off air.

On a side note I'm glad you liked Corolla's book I just picked it up and I was hoping that it'd be good.

Before I Die
14-03-2011, 02:52 PM
These "I like", "you like" discussions are just a waste of time. I don't like olives. It's not about their nutritional value, I just don't like their taste and there is nothing anyone can say to make me change my mind. I hope the olive lovers out there don't take that personally and I certainly don't want to start a thread about it.

If you like Sam great, if you don't, equally great. Let's not get too precious about our own opinions.

comrade
14-03-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't like olives.

You take that back!

:D

Kidding, I don't like them either. Same with anchovies.

Maddog37
14-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Love the olives analogy. Just so perfectlly random.

I also do not like olives. Although on pizza sometimes they are ok.

Much like Sam really. Most of the time he is just annoying/irrelevant but occasionally he hits the spot.

Hotdog60
14-03-2011, 07:50 PM
I like Olives, but I don't know how Popeye feels.

Ugh,Ugh,Ugh:D

LostDoggy
14-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Sam reinforces stereotypes. Stereotypes that surface on drunken footy trips where young blokes get pissed and think it's ok to disrespect women, property or the public. It seems contradictory to what the AFL states it wants its own image to be.

LostDoggy
15-03-2011, 08:58 AM

Danstar, I won't even bother responding to your post, some other posters have responded well.
Just because I don't watch the footy show anymore, doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about it. We all have opinions, and you are quite entitled to yours, as I am mine. It's more important to me that we respect one another's opinions, even if we disagree.;) Actually, I like olives and anchovies too!

LostDoggy
15-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Have an opinion. But most of you with a negative opinion don't even watch the show. Anyway, enough about that. Let's talk more about olives. I don't like them, feel like I'm eating sour grapes.

Murphy'sLore
15-03-2011, 11:28 AM

He may not be attacking me personally but every time he makes a sexist joke, that is indirectly an attack on every woman, his racist "jokes" attack everyone who doesn't share his own anglo background, and every time he belittles and makes fun of people with intellectual disabilities, he is attacking my sister and others like her, and he is encouraging others to do the same. That's not just offensive, and it's not just a matter of taste. It's wrong.

Can't stand the man. I understand that some people find him amusing but IMO he does a lot more harm than good.

End of rant.

Mofra
15-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Have an opinion. But most of you with a negative opinion don't even watch the show.
Chicken vs egg argument. Most people I know who avoid the show do so because of Sam.

I would actually watch it too if he was gone - although now Marngrook is on ABC2 they will get my priority. A football show that actually talk about football* and doesn't rely on immature gimmicks! What a concept!

* And Layla's a mad Bulldogs fan :cool:

cinder
15-03-2011, 02:05 PM
I like black olives.

And I am going to be in the Footy Show audience this week ... hehehehehe :)

Ozza
15-03-2011, 03:10 PM
I watch the footy show every week. I get home from footy training - put the feet up and thats my Thursday night in footy season.

Having said that I'm always frustrated with Sam. I don't find him funny whatsoever, and every segment is bogged down by his garbage. 'Sam's mailbag' is the best example....it takes him 15-20 minutes to get through a few very unfunny gimmicks and letters - and suddenly its past 10pm and the show has gone nowhere.

I actually look forward to Hutchy and Damien Barrett's segment - to get some news on the stories happening in footy. But again, Sam derails that with idiotic comments. He has zero input on football - as he doesn't have any interest in the modern game - and he is completely deluded about his own level of intelligence - whether it be in commenting about the AFL or about anything in society.

I really think Garry, James, Crawf and Billy are funny enough to carry the show's lighter content. I personally think Sam only detracts from the show.

LostDoggy
15-03-2011, 03:49 PM
I watch it because I'm a footy fanatic. I used to think Sam was very funny, even though I agreed he went too far at times. Now I do not find him funny at all. James Brayshaw gives mne the sh--- as well, but the rest of the crew are good, Billy & Crawf ARE funny.

LostDoggy
15-03-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't think any of them are funny at all. Crawf makes me cringe.

The Pie Man
15-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Fox Footy Teams on Thursday nights is a much better show - teams earlier (though WOOF via the AFL website at 5pm is normally pretty reliable anyway ;)) concentration on matchups and the games at hand, plus a little bit of humour.

The Friday night one with Dunstall/Frawley/Fleming is also not bad.

I watched last Thursday for the Fev stuff out of curiosity - Newman's a tool. Carried on about needing to take responsibility (in isolation that's of course a fair point) when he never ever ever ever can accept he's crossed the line on the show. Part of me thinks it's irresponsible on Nine's part to keep him on air....then the other part of me tells me to 'get over it'

So normally I just don't watch.

AndrewP6
15-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Have an opinion. But most of you with a negative opinion don't even watch the show. Anyway, enough about that. Let's talk more about olives. I don't like them, feel like I'm eating sour grapes.

I don't like olives. Green, black, pitted, not pitted.... just a big mouthful of salt, IMO.

As for the chicken and eggs argument, I like both ;)

Before I Die
15-03-2011, 07:17 PM
I like black olives.

And I am going to be in the Footy Show audience this week ... hehehehehe :)

There is no discerning the taste of some people :D

Hope you have a good night.

the banker
15-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Please woofers, persist with olives. They are one of the great foods. Drizzle a good olive oil over everything, pasta, fish, meat. Olive oil, salt and lemon are the best seasonings for everything (not weetbix ...) BUT do not persist with Sam. He is a graceless ignoramus in a flashy suit that no amount of botox and surgery can make interesting. The show may be watchable without him.

LostDoggy
15-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Fox Footy Teams on Thursday nights is a much better show - teams earlier (though WOOF via the AFL website at 5pm is normally pretty reliable anyway ;)) concentration on matchups and the games at hand, plus a little bit of humour.

The Friday night one with Dunstall/Frawley/Fleming is also not bad.

I watched last Thursday for the Fev stuff out of curiosity - Newman's a tool. Carried on about needing to take responsibility (in isolation that's of course a fair point) when he never ever ever ever can accept he's crossed the line on the show. Part of me thinks it's irresponsible on Nine's part to keep him on air....then the other part of me tells me to 'get over it'

So normally I just don't watch.

AFL 360 is pretty good also

AndrewP6
15-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Please woofers, persist with olives. They are one of the great foods. Drizzle a good olive oil over everything, pasta, fish, meat. Olive oil, salt and lemon are the best seasonings for everything (not weetbix ...) BUT do not persist with Sam. He is a graceless ignoramus in a flashy suit that no amount of botox and surgery can make interesting. The show may be watchable without him.

The oil is good. The fruit from which the oil comes is evil.

comrade
15-03-2011, 07:55 PM

Lemon juice is also good on fish. I'm not going to eat a lemon though.

Sorry, I don't mean to be sour :D

This thread has gone off the rails quicker than you can say Rocco Jones.

Mantis
15-03-2011, 08:29 PM
This thread has gone off the rails quicker than you can say Rocco Jones.

Shouldn't that be as quick as you can say Charlie Sheen.

AndrewP6
15-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Shouldn't that be as quick as you can say Charlie Sheen.

Ah yes, but can we really say anyone here is WINNING???? :D

cinder
16-03-2011, 03:07 PM
There is no discerning the taste of some people :D

Hope you have a good night.

Thanks, I will!

Well, speaking to the lady who organises the tickets, last time there was a call for audience members, 18,000 people registered, and they have still only got it down to 16,000.

So I guess a lot of us have 'poor' taste ;)

chef
10-06-2011, 08:43 AM
According to Barrett last night Lake is definitely gone at the end of the year. He spoke about Brian as if he was uncontracted and could just walk, which he can't.

GVGjr
10-06-2011, 01:43 PM
According to Barrett last night Lake is definitely gone at the end of the year. He spoke about Brian as if he was uncontracted and could just walk, which he can't.

He has just settled on a new home this week so he won't be going interstate. I gather he is down on form and confidence but not his commitment to the club.

bornadog
10-06-2011, 02:34 PM

He has just settled on a new home this week so he won't be going interstate. I gather he is down on form and confidence but not his commitment to the club.

Does Barrett just make things up? Dimma on the radio said Barrett contacted him and Dimma said no comment so he writes a story on Dimma challenging for the presidency.

How doies he make up a story on Lake. I just don't get it.

aker39
10-06-2011, 03:32 PM
How doies he make up a story on Lake. I just don't get it.

Because he asked Lakes manager if he can guarantee that Lake will be at the bulldogs next year, and Marty Paske said you can't guarantee anything in life.

Barrett put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5,656,598

AndrewP6
11-06-2011, 11:33 PM
I loved the way Barrett said Lake was almost certainly goooorn, and then at the end, said, in most of these cases, the player ends up staying.

Axe Man
05-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Good to see young Lachlan Hunter taking a screamer on Almost Footy Legends last night!

Scraggers
16-03-2012, 03:03 AM
BUMP

I need to start this bump with an apology ... I was a big advocate for the Footy Show ... I had watched it for 18 years, only missed four episodes in that time ... I thought it was brilliant; thought it was great light entertainment ... I was so wrong.

Tonight's show was absolute dribble (drivel) !!

This summer, I invested in Foxtel; not because I wanted to, but due to the new tv deal, I had to ... After watching this tripe tonight, I am so glad I did ... Tonight will be the last time I ever watch this shite !!! (there's three hours of my life I'll never get back).

LostDoggy
16-03-2012, 09:09 AM
I tuned in at about 10 forgetting it was back (fortunately).

Lloyd in the rotation policy with Billy and Shane? No thanks. I will stick to AFL 360, even though Mark Robinson irritates me, cannot stand looking at or listening to Lloyd, such a muppet.

Doc26
16-03-2012, 10:36 AM
BUMP

I need to start this bump with an apology ... I was a big advocate for the Footy Show ... I had watched it for 18 years, only missed four episodes in that time ... I thought it was brilliant; thought it was great light entertainment ... I was so wrong.

This summer, I invested in Foxtel; not because I wanted to, but due to the new tv deal, I had to ... After watching this tripe tonight, I am so glad I did ... Tonight will be the last time I ever watch this shite !!! (there's three hours of my life I'll never get back).

Like an addiction I find it difficult to wean myself off it even though I know it's doing me permanent damage and is detrimental to my mental health.

Ozza
16-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Like an addiction I find it difficult to wean myself off it even though I know it's doing me permanent damage and is detrimental to my mental health.

I'm the same Doc. I know its terrible, and quite often I switch off during it - but it gets to Thursday and I give it a chance again!! Its essential horrible viewing.

bornadog
16-03-2012, 11:26 AM

I'm the same Doc. I know its terrible, and quite often I switch off during it - but it gets to Thursday and I give it a chance again!! Its essential horrible viewing.

do yourself a favour and just don't watch. the trouble with the footy show is the presenters and the format is now stuck in the 90's.

westdog54
16-03-2012, 12:08 PM
BUMP

I stopped watching a couple of years ago. Its become a very tired format, they won't cut Sam Newman loose even though he's well past his use by date, and it quite frankly hasn't been the same since Eddie left. Say what you want about him but he's a fantastic presenter, kept the show together well and had a nose for a good story. Broke a few good ones while he was on TFS, The Carlton M&M Jumper, the Whiskas story, the Fitzroy Brisbane Deal, the Justin Charles story.

Sedat
16-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Try being in the audience like I was last night. The on-air portion was as dull as dishwater, although Michael Pope does a great job during the ad breaks engaging the audience.

Seeing Jonathon Patton in the flesh - he is a massive young man. It will be scary watching him ragdoll every single key defender in the competition in 2-3 years time.

LostDoggy
16-03-2012, 12:37 PM
I haven't watched it for many years now, just don't like it. Too many big egos and too much stupidity. If I want to watch any footy shows I do so on Foxtel, but to be honest I don't watch much footy at all on tv. I'm only interested in the Bulldogs & prefer to just go to the games. The interstate ones I find I'm too nervous watching it on tv - yelling in the loungeroom doesn't seem to help them at all, it just scares the cats. :D

Greystache
16-03-2012, 02:07 PM
I saw a bit last night, won't be watching it again. It seems father time has caught up with Sam, he appeared to struggle to follow what was happening and kept interrupting at the wrong times, really seemed like an old man last last. A tap on the shoulder is required.

bornadog
16-03-2012, 02:16 PM
I saw a bit last night, won't be watching it again. It seems father time has caught up with Sam, he appeared to struggle to follow what was happening and kept interrupting at the wrong times, really seemed like an old man last last. A tap on the shoulder is required.

Should have tapped him on the shoulder 5 years ago.

always right
16-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Watched the latter part of the show. You know it's time to pull the plug when you try to get your guests to show what face they pull when having sex.:o

Doc26
16-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Watched the latter part of the show. You know it's time to pull the plug when you try to get your guests to show what face they pull when having sex.:o

Was pleased that Marc Murphy and Jimmy Bartel refused Sam's pushing to be a part of that ridiculous segment.

westdog54
16-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Try being in the audience like I was last night. The on-air portion was as dull as dishwater, although Michael Pope does a great job during the ad breaks engaging the audience.

Seeing Jonathon Patton in the flesh - he is a massive young man. It will be scary watching him ragdoll every single key defender in the competition in 2-3 years time.

Has been a common theme with shows he has produced.

GVGjr
16-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I've hardly watched more than 5 minutes per show for a number of years now and I don't think I'm missing much. I've never been a fan of Garry Lyon and I think the show is now very old and dated. The humor leaves a lot to be desired.

AndrewP6
16-03-2012, 10:22 PM
I could be on my Pat Malone, but I don't mind it. Having Lloyd on it is a bad call, he bores me no end.

w3design
16-03-2012, 11:43 PM
The only thing worse than the decrepit Sam [sub] Nomal, is the absolutely abominable Garrry Lying. What a farce!

For heaven's [ and our] sakes 9 do a cull of either the dead wood, or else the entire program. You need a REAL football program if you are to stay relevant, or to have any hope at all in the next TV rights auction.

Danny the snakeman
17-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Yep same old stupid gags that arent funny.thank god the Marngrook Footy shows starts again on thursday night (8.30 abc2) it is so much better without all the crap.

Drunken Bum
26-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Tuned into the footy show for the first time in a good 5yrs or so, so glad i did so to remind myself what a big steaming pile of crap it is, full of self indulgent w%#@ers who do anything except talk about football.
How the hell is this show even on the air anymore? could feel myself getting dumber every second i watched it, had to flick over to Arnie in Collateral Damage for a bit more intellectual stimulation.

LostDoggy
27-04-2013, 10:39 AM
I know how some people don't like the show. But it's not only a show to talk footy. It's for some light entertainment and touches on some footy issues, teams, etc.

I don't mind watching it.

Topdog
01-10-2015, 03:03 PM
I may have missed it but is no one here talking about the "strippers"?

Sam Newman has managed to get himself involved and look like more of a dinosaur.

Remi Moses
01-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Is the footy show still running?

Ghost Dog
01-10-2015, 04:06 PM
It's good to laugh at, not with. I know I shouldn't laugh but street talk can be genuinely bizarre.

Topdog
01-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Unfortunately Remi.

Bulldog Joe
01-10-2015, 09:14 PM
Unfortunately Remi.

We can stop it by refusing to watch.

I have done my part. The last time I watched Eddie was the host.

Topdog
01-10-2015, 10:49 PM
We can stop it by refusing to watch.

I have done my part. The last time I watched Eddie was the host.

haha I think I turn it on once a year.

Twodogs
01-10-2015, 11:40 PM
I think the last time I watched anything called the Footy Show it was on the ABC and Tim Lane was the host back in the '80s. Could even have been Drew Morphett. Panel show at 6.30 on Friday nights with final teams and a review of all six games.

LostDoggy
01-10-2015, 11:46 PM
I think the last time I watched anything called the Footy Show it was on the ABC and Tim Lane was the host. Could even have been Drew Morphett. Panel show at 6.30 on Friday nights with final teams and a review of all six games.

Doug Heywood, Geoff Leek, Ian Robertson, Len Thompson, Adrian Gallagher. Going back some.

Scraggers
02-10-2015, 01:17 AM
The last episode I watched Aker and Sam lamb-basted the Bulldogs.
I never missed an episode before that.

The show has definitely 'Jumped The Shark'. (Just for you TwoDogs)