PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs to test four stars in VFL

The Coon Dog
14-03-2011, 09:40 AM
The Age - 14 March

THE Western Bulldogs could field four of their biggest names, including full-back Brian Lake, in the VFL this week.

Lake faces a battle to find fitness for the opening-round clash with Essendon on March 27, not having played this pre-season after hip, shoulder and knee surgery.

A potential appearance for Williamstown against Box Hill on Friday would be a first step.
Advertisement: Story continues below

''He's trained this week, did some footy work this week, so hopefully he might be able to play at Williamstown. Then we have to make a decision does he play round one,'' coach Rodney Eade said.

Article in full... (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bulldogs-to-test-four-stars-in-vfl-20110313-1bsye.html)

OLD SCRAGGer
14-03-2011, 12:43 PM
The Age - 14 March

THE Western Bulldogs could field four of their biggest names, including full-back Brian Lake, in the VFL this week.

Lake faces a battle to find fitness for the opening-round clash with Essendon on March 27, not having played this pre-season after hip, shoulder and knee surgery.

A potential appearance for Williamstown against Box Hill on Friday would be a first step.
Advertisement: Story continues below

''He's trained this week, did some footy work this week, so hopefully he might be able to play at Williamstown. Then we have to make a decision does he play round one,'' coach Rodney Eade said.

Article in full... (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bulldogs-to-test-four-stars-in-vfl-20110313-1bsye.html)

Anyone know where this will be played?

The Coon Dog
14-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Anyone know where this will be played?

Whitten Oval v Box Hill - Seniors 4pm - Reserves 6pm.

mjp
14-03-2011, 03:19 PM
4 Stars? I was expecting to see names like Vez, Sherman etc. Lake, Cooney, Murphy, Morris? Fair enough.

Do any of them really need to play against Williamstown? Would Lake really benefit THAT much? Personally I hope none of them play.

LostDoggy
14-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Ill head down to see the second half I think, should be interesting.

ledge
14-03-2011, 05:57 PM
4 Stars? I was expecting to see names like Vez, Sherman etc. Lake, Cooney, Murphy, Morris? Fair enough.

Do any of them really need to play against Williamstown? Would Lake really benefit THAT much? Personally I hope none of them play.

Have they been cleared to Box Hill?

jazzadogs
15-03-2011, 06:42 PM
I presume that players like Roughead, Hooper etc. will all be playing as well?

Mantis
16-03-2011, 10:55 AM
I presume that players like Roughead, Hooper etc. will all be playing as well?

As this stage there won't be a heap running around for Willi.

Friday's training will be a solid session with about 50min of match practice included which will count most of the guys out.

At the minute only the first year rookies and 4 or 5 others who will benefit from a full match will play for Williamstown.

jazzadogs
16-03-2011, 11:25 AM
As this stage there won't be a heap running around for Willi.

Friday's training will be a solid session with about 50min of match practice included which will count most of the guys out.

At the minute only the first year rookies and 4 or 5 others who will benefit from a full match will play for Williamstown.
Cheers. Probably won't head down then.