PDA

View Full Version : H/S - Bulldogs 2011 Countdown

The Coon Dog
16-03-2011, 08:48 AM
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/03/07/1226017/134212-afl-2011-preview-bulldogs-header.jpg

- Pick your best 22.
- Write up by Jon Ralph.
- Video with Mike Sheahan.
- The fixture.

Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2011-preview/western-bulldogs)

wend1604
16-03-2011, 09:08 AM
There is also a souvenir team poster in the hard copy of today's Herald Sun for those who are interested.

Mine is now on the partition of my desk at work :)

Ozza
16-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Tough work picking the best 22 (as always when you have the whole list to choose from).

I found I couldn't quite fit Hill, Moles and Djerkerra in - but I suspect they will all play round 1.

Will steal the poster from the paper in the tea room and put on my partition also wend1604!!

LostDoggy
16-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Mike Sheehan has us making the grand final this year.

I feel quite skeptical about our fortunes this year, no Hargrave, Lake is underdone and Cooney is still feeling the pinch of his injuries last year. Whilst Shaggy can be replaced the other two are our most influential players by far and we need them up and fit come september.

Greystache
16-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Mike Sheehan has us making the grand final this year.

I feel quite skeptical about our fortunes this year, no Hargrave, Lake is underdone and Cooney is still feeling the pinch of his injuries last year. Whilst Shaggy can be replaced the other two are our most influential players by far and we need them up and fit come september.

Great, there's our season finished right there, thanks Mike.

Sheehan is the oracle on what's not going to happen, it's incredible someone can be as consistently wrong as he is.

LostDoggy
16-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Sheehan is the oracle on what's not going to happen, it's incredible someone can be as consistently wrong as he is.

I agree 'tache. I used to love the bollocking he received from the guests on "Talking Footy'. We all know the quality of journalism the Herald Sun puts out. Last month Ricky Nixon was front-page news while Libya's uprising got three paragraphs on page 16, and Mike Sheahan has been the Herald Sun's chief football writer for 13 years.

As for his best 22, I'm hard pressed to pick a better team than Mike did. Vespa is an unknown, but looks pretty solid otherwise.

Go Dogs!

LostDoggy
16-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Great, there's our season finished right there, thanks Mike.

Agreed.

However he will write an article 5 weeks into the season if we are 1-4 titled "Dogs won't make finals"

Then come round 18 when we have won 10 straight it will be how he predicted us to make the Grand Final from day dot.

He jumps on and off teams that many times during the year its ridiculous!

Sockeye Salmon
16-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Agreed.

However he will write an article 5 weeks into the season if we are 1-4 titled "Dogs won't make finals"

Then come round 18 when we have won 10 straight it will be how he predicted us to make the Grand Final from day dot.

He jumps on and off teams that many times during the year its ridiculous!

With the start to the season we have, if we're 1-4 we will miss the finals.