PDA

View Full Version : What Changes for Round 19?

bornadog
05-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Four games to go and to make the finals we have to win all four (in my opinion). We need a big win this week against a depleted Melbourne. Do we need to make any changes? Will Gilbee play this week? Heard him on the radio on Friday and he said he felt as if he was ready but may not come in till the Adelaide match.

Eade said McDougall would come in either for the Saints match or week after, that may depend on how he goes today in the Bee's.

Go_Dogs
05-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Four games to go and to make the finals we have to win all four (in my opinion). We need a big win this week against a depleted Melbourne. Do we need to make any changes? Will Gilbee play this week? Heard him on the radio on Friday and he said he felt as if he was ready but may not come in till the Adelaide match.

Eade said McDougall would come in either for the Saints match or week after, that may depend on how he goes today in the Bee's.

Agreed. We really should be trying to win by a reasonable margin to boost our percentage. If we can get it up a little bit, perhaps 12.5 wins will be enough. I honestly can't see us winning the Adelaide game, so we need to win a few games by a few points, and this week is our best opportunity.

LostDoggy
05-08-2007, 10:20 PM
I can't see us dropping a small unless Gilbee is available.

McDougall might be worth a go but he would have to play forward as there is no room on the backline. I only see Tiller as the man who might have to make way. He worked hard in the first half leading up from HF but probably Doogs come do as much if not more.

Go_Dogs
06-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Doogs didn't do as much in his 2 games as the forward this year did he? If he plays he'd need a match up down back I think.

I think we could go in unchanged this week, perhaps.

bornadog
06-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Doogs didn't do as much in his 2 games as the forward this year did he? If he plays he'd need a match up down back I think.

I think we could go in unchanged this week, perhaps.

I don't think the Dees as a very tall side. The only area I would worry about are the rucks, but can't see any changes happening as Skipper can probably go up with White.

bornadog
07-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Johnston has possible hamstring soreness even thou scans show no damage, needs to get through training but may need to be rested for this week as the dogs don't want to risk him.

Out: Johnno

In; McDougall

If true then we need to play finals for Johnno to get to 300 games.

southerncross
07-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Johnno Out
Faulkner In

BulldogBelle
07-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Eade hinted very strongly that McDougall will be considered and is in the mix this week.

Out - Johnno
In - McDougall

Suprise inclusion perhaps - Gilbee

southerncross
07-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Eade hinted very strongly that McDougall will be considered and is in the mix this week.

Out - Johnno
In - McDougall

Suprise inclusion perhaps - Gilbee

Given Eade rarely changes a small for a tall then I think this would mean two changes.
Ins McDougall and Faulkner
Outs Johnson and Tiller

I hope Gilbee is available.

Just as a side note is McMahon still safe? It's been a fair while since he has played a good game.

BulldogBelle
07-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Just as a side note is McMahon still safe? It's been a fair while since he has played a good game.

I think they will stick with Jordie especially whilst we have no Griffen available - Jordie does provide the run.

Go_Dogs
08-08-2007, 12:27 PM
If Gilbee and Griffen were both playing, along with Murph perhaps filling a role down back now, Jordie would've come under some serious scrutiny. I thought he finished off ok last week, and hopefully like the team, he is starting to turn the corner a bit.

LostDoggy
08-08-2007, 12:49 PM
I hope Gilbee is available.

I saw him on Monday driving down Williamstown Rd towards Whitten Oval in his Porsche just before 1pm eating a sandwich.
I don't if that means anything in terms of him being available.

Sockeye Salmon
08-08-2007, 01:13 PM
I saw him on Monday driving down Williamstown Rd towards Whitten Oval in his Porsche just before 1pm eating a sandwich.

Lindsay drives a Porsche?

I saw Skip a while back driving an old commodore.

Twodogs
08-08-2007, 01:36 PM

Isnt it Melbourne Rd from that end?

LostDoggy
08-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Isnt it Melbourne Rd from that end?

Yep. But everyone calls it Willy rd

Bulldog Revolution
08-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Lindsay drives a Porsche?

I saw Skip a while back driving an old commodore.

He was probably on his way back from an AFL players association session on saving for a life after football

bornadog
09-08-2007, 08:00 PM
No change at this stage.

GVGjr
09-08-2007, 09:42 PM
He was probably on his way back from an AFL players association session on saving for a life after football

Five weeks ago it would have been a brave man that would have said that we need to maintain Wayde Skipper but a couple of weeks of good footy at Werribee and another two in the senior team and he has probably crossed his name off the 'pack your bags list'

LostDoggy
10-08-2007, 10:29 AM
No change this week, i dont understand.

Firstly Johnno was in doubt - could he be a late withdrawl Saturday Night? the #1 emergency is Faulkner though..

After an article in the paper the other day, i was sure Doogs would be in the side - what are they doing! hes tall and can play up forward or back - we need to give him another shot dammit!

bornadog
10-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Five weeks ago it would have been a brave man that would have said that we need to maintain Wayde Skipper but a couple of weeks of good footy at Werribee and another two in the senior team and he has probably crossed his name off the 'pack your bags list'

Well, we know that big guys always take longer to mature and at 24 years of age if he doesn't start showing something he never will. He needs to hold those marks and he will be invaluable.

bornadog
11-08-2007, 07:42 PM

In: McDougall

LostDoggy
12-08-2007, 12:03 AM

In: McDougall

No surprise. I heard Wellman say that Johnno withdrew on Friday evening. That would have had to be one one of the worst kept secrets.