PDA

View Full Version : Tips on dragging the young ones to the footy

LostDoggy
20-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Evening all,

I am bringing the family across to Melbourne the week of the suns game. I have a 2 Yo and a 7 Yo daughter. Any tips on getting them through the game? the 7 Yo is brainwashed with the dogs and will love it, they have t shirts and gear but I fear the 2 Yo will be bored by qtr time and her sister maybe by about 3 qtr time.
Any fun stuff at docklands for them? Other contingencies? Maybe a walk along the docks at half time? Can you take a pram in? Games on the iPhone might win a few precious minutes...
I have always come over with mates or by myself and I wouldn't take the girls to a cows game in Adelaide. It's just awful there and they don't need to see daddy arguing with 30000 fools in clown suits.
I have taken the eldest to the last couple of sanfl grand finals so she thinks we just rock up and the dogs take home the cup...:D

The Adelaide Connection
21-03-2011, 02:24 AM
Evening all,

I am bringing the family across to Melbourne the week of the suns game. I have a 2 Yo and a 7 Yo daughter. Any tips on getting them through the game? the 7 Yo is brainwashed with the dogs and will love it, they have t shirts and gear but I fear the 2 Yo will be bored by qtr time and her sister maybe by about 3 qtr time.
Any fun stuff at docklands for them? Other contingencies? Maybe a walk along the docks at half time? Can you take a pram in? Games on the iPhone might win a few precious minutes...
I have always come over with mates or by myself and I wouldn't take the girls to a cows game in Adelaide. It's just awful there and they don't need to see daddy arguing with 30000 fools in clown suits.
I have taken the eldest to the last couple of sanfl grand finals so she thinks we just rock up and the dogs take home the cup...:D

I often go to Crows games when my girlfriends parents don't use their seats and there are two boys that sit directly behind them that used to colour in their colouring books from about half time. They used to kneel on the floor and put the book on the seat but these boys would have been about 4 at the time, 2 might be a whole new ball game.

Between Iphone games (load it up with some cartoons too?), colouring books, a walk at half time (and maybe a short walk in the quarters), distracting them with some food, and watching glimpses of the game I think you might be okay. Maybe take the two year old to the park and run around like crazy beforehand, really tire her out so she sleeps from half time :)

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
21-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Good luck with your 2 yo - I think the run before the game to tire them out is a great idea and food distraction helps. I once had to chase my son all around Kardinia Park because he couldn't sit still for five minutes. Didn't see any of the game which was a blessing really.

LostDoggy
21-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Good luck with a 2 year old - I have had the same seat at the dome since ?? and there is a young family who sit behind me. The little girl was a baby when they first started coming, and as she got older, it was more and more difficult for the mother to entertain her. The staff won't let you have a pram near the seats (OH&S issue I think), so she had to leave the pram at the back and nurse her daughter all the game. It really isn't very 2 year old friendly IMO. It is a lot to ask young children to sit for all that time, so a walk around the ground at half time, or outside would be a great idea I think! Good luck!

Desipura
21-03-2011, 10:31 AM
take a computer game, coloring book, plenty of snacks and sit near an old lady so she can entertain them both.;)

LostDoggy
21-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Thanks guys. I will add the colouring book and the old lady... I didnt think of that one Desi!

LostDoggy
21-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Anything kid friendly close to the dome?

Murphy'sLore
21-03-2011, 11:56 AM
If they like looking at trains there's always Southern Cross station :)

We usually find that pulling out a new food distraction every quarter buys us some peace (not much). Or bringing a friend (or cousin) along. But for a 2 year old it might be a bit of a struggle. Good luck.

You could try a small reward every time the Doggies kick a goal -- get the positive association thing happening :p

LostDoggy
21-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Ive brought my 2yo once or twice. i watched about about 15 minutes of the total game.

best idea, bring someone who isn't interested in the game and will offer to take them for a walk around the stadium

aker39
21-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Anything kid friendly close to the dome?

There is a playground in Docklands Park.

It is only a 5 minute walk from Etihad.

http://www.melbourneplaygrounds.com.au/melbourneplaygrounds-info.php?id=23959

Walk along Harbour Esplanade away from the NAB Building towards South Wharf.

LostDoggy
21-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Tough Gig this one and was the main reason I didn't see many live games between 2000 and 2006.

Having a wife that loves the Dogs also is a double edged sword when it comes to getting to the games without kids in tow.

I found it virtually impossible at age two and only started having sucess from age 5 onwards.

Best advice that I can give is bring plenty of food to distract them, Every quarter go for a quick walk (if on level 3) and look out over the city or docklands and at half time you can walk around the entire ground on level 3 at half time and still have time for a toilet stop and grab a beer without missing any of the match.

Good luck, I have never done it but have thought on numerous occasion that phenergan may be your best option if you intent on seeing the game with a two year old.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
21-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Is phenergan still legal?

soupman
21-03-2011, 01:14 PM
My memories of footy at that age involve arriving with a big box of matchbox cars and drving them around peoples feet at Whitten Oval/going as high up the stand at the MCG as possible.

Murphy'sLore
21-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Is phenergan still legal?

Ooh, yeah! :D

LostDoggy
21-03-2011, 02:09 PM
I didn't take mine until they were 5 - but a two year old - A DS - or other computer games, music to listen to ie IPOD - lots and lots of treats - food food and more food - walks after each quarter - coloring books, Lots and Lots of understanding - teddy bear

Good Luck - if she is a placid little girl you might be Ok.

LostDoggy
21-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Awesome tips guys, one thing in my favour... the missus is a footy and doggy convert, purely from my brainwashing once again, so there may be a release valve there, especially as I have found the shopping centre close by.. Not being sexist friends but she seriously has a greater interest in shopping than the dogs...

Pass outs are okay?

Heres the plan..

Colouring books
Iphone games
Interesting Toys(maybe even something new saved for 3rd qtr)
Food food food, a treat per goal (bloody love this idea on so many levels ML!!!)
Walk around the stadium at qtr time
Playground at half time

Plan B - marcov watches the last part of the game by himself while the missus goes shopping (costly!), there is a game centre there too

Plan C - Phenergan!!!

mjp
21-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Heres the plan..

Colouring books
Iphone games
Interesting Toys(maybe even something new saved for 3rd qtr)
Food food food, a treat per goal (bloody love this idea on so many levels ML!!!)
Walk around the stadium at qtr time
Playground at half time

Plan B - marcov watches the last part of the game by himself while the missus goes shopping (costly!), there is a game centre there too

Plan C - Phenergan!!!

All fine...as long as you understand that there will be some days that are better than others you will be fine. Taking the kids is fun but most like the idea of going rather than the actual event...and when everyone walks off at half-time they can think it is their cue to leave (which makes them happy).

Food during quarters will be painful - you will be messing around with getting it out, unwrapping, spillages, cleaning up...best bet is to focus on the games/movies (take a mini-dvd player (don't forget the headphones)) for the quarters with the food promised at breaks.

I would also avoid the walking thing...once you start, it can be hard to shut that switch off and they get happy feet for the rest of the day.

Number 1? Pray that you are seated amongst understanding people who don't mind a two-minute chat with a little one...2 minutes making eyes at the person in the seat behind beats a computer game for most kids.

LostDoggy
21-03-2011, 03:17 PM
All fine...as long as you understand that there will be some days that are better than others you will be fine. Taking the kids is fun but most like the idea of going rather than the actual event...and when everyone walks off at half-time they can think it is their cue to leave (which makes them happy).

Food during quarters will be painful - you will be messing around with getting it out, unwrapping, spillages, cleaning up...best bet is to focus on the games/movies (take a mini-dvd player (don't forget the headphones)) for the quarters with the food promised at breaks.

I would also avoid the walking thing...once you start, it can be hard to shut that switch off and they get happy feet for the rest of the day.

Number 1? Pray that you are seated amongst understanding people who don't mind a two-minute chat with a little one...2 minutes making eyes at the person in the seat behind beats a computer game for most kids.

I dont think its that drastic mate, worse case scenario is we pack up and leave. Its not the end of the world, I record the games anyway. Kids eat like they are drunk at the best of times, spillages are expected. The DVD player is a good idea, she is fixated on Dora at the moment, that could buy 2 separate half hours...

LostDoggy
21-03-2011, 03:21 PM
LOL MJP - My 7 year old still thinks its more interesting to turn around and look at everyone else and see what they are all eating, doing etc. Portable DVD player is an excellent idea - keep they occupied for awhile. I think all bases are covered - we want a report on how it goes.....:)

Desipura
21-03-2011, 03:50 PM
I forgot to mention there is a play centre accross the road from the ground, about 5 minute walk (Circular Quay) where all the shops are, its called monkey mania.

LostDoggy
21-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Nice Desipura, the girls love the play cafes over here. They usually do a great coffee too!

LostDoggy
21-03-2011, 04:48 PM
I forgot to mention there is a play centre accross the road from the ground, about 5 minute walk (Circular Quay) where all the shops are, its called monkey mania.

Harbour Town actually, there may be one in Circular Quay but its a bit too far to walk from docklands

mjp
21-03-2011, 08:10 PM
I dont think its that drastic mate, worse case scenario is we pack up and leave. Its not the end of the world, I record the games anyway. Kids eat like they are drunk at the best of times, spillages are expected.

Yep...all of my kids (I have 3) have been dragged along from as young as 9 days old.

I know what you are saying with the 'they are going to make a mess' comment, but it is not the cleaning up that is the problem - it is the footy you miss when you are cleaning up that is the problem!

One other tip - for big crowds and whenever the roof is closed at Etihad, take some ear plugs for them. The sudden roar of the crowd can scare them witless.

LostDoggy
21-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Yep...all of my kids (I have 3) have been dragged along from as young as 9 days old.

I know what you are saying with the 'they are going to make a mess' comment, but it is not the cleaning up that is the problem - it is the footy you miss when you are cleaning up that is the problem!

One other tip - for big crowds and whenever the roof is closed at Etihad, take some ear plugs for them. The sudden roar of the crowd can scare them witless.

Ah ok, I hadnt thought of about the cheering I might have to get them warmed up... The cheers might just coincide with an M&M positive reinforcement..

I dont mind missing some footy, I will re-watch the game, its just so awesome being at a dogs home game for me, its an atmosphere and a feeling that you dont get in Adelaide. I havent had much luck recently, last year I came over for round one and the year before was against Carlton. Although, I think 2008 was when we beat Melbourne by 25 goals or so at the G.

Desipura
21-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Harbour Town actually, there may be one in Circular Quay but its a bit too far to walk from docklands

Correction harbourtown

The Adelaide Connection
21-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Ah ok, I hadnt thought of about the cheering I might have to get them warmed up... The cheers might just coincide with an M&M positive reinforcement..

I dont mind missing some footy, I will re-watch the game, its just so awesome being at a dogs home game for me, its an atmosphere and a feeling that you dont get in Adelaide. I havent had much luck recently, last year I came over for round one and the year before was against Carlton. Although, I think 2008 was when we beat Melbourne by 25 goals or so at the G.

Yep, I remember the pain of the plane ride home after those two games (especially the Carlton game when I was in a world of hangover pain anyways). I was able to get over for quite a few more games though which softened the blow a bit.

You sound set re: the 2 year old. I would really recommend you add the pregame tire out session though. Hopefully she will drop like a fly before she hits the 'super restless/bored' phase.

LostDoggy
21-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Yep, I remember the pain of the plane ride home after those two games (especially the Carlton game when I was in a world of hangover pain anyways). I was able to get over for quite a few more games though which softened the blow a bit.

You sound set re: the 2 year old. I would really recommend you add the pregame tire out session though. Hopefully she will drop like a fly before she hits the 'super restless/bored' phase.

Cheers mate, that Carlton game was an angry drunk affair, we barely raised a yelp in a game we should have dominated. Those carlton supporters really got to me that day.

Remi Moses
21-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Ive brought my 2yo once or twice. i watched about about 15 minutes of the total game.

best idea, bring someone who isn't interested in the game and will offer to take them for a walk around the stadium

Bingo! Coloring books, relo with no ties to the competing clubs. Took my then 3 y/o last year to the Norf game and Freo games (freaked out a little at the chant "ball"). About the only thing I stressed about in those games was keeping her occupied.

LostDoggy
22-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Sit them with your Mrs.

Watch the footy from the bar.

cinder
22-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Our little man turns 2 in May, I'm itching to take him along but I just know it's not a good idea til he's a bit older! Unless I fancy running after him every 2 seconds. He'll be obsessed with the stairs and I'll be paranoid he's going to fall down them, lol.

LostDoggy
22-03-2011, 09:58 AM
My kids all loved it. The key? Let them do what they want. If they want to run around and not watch the game, let them do it, let them scream their heads off and play, kids love that as usually they get told to sit down and shut up at home, so the footy can be a great release for them. Get them chanting, singing footy songs, etc.

In the Cheer Squad it's a bit easier, give them a flag and they love it.

Etihad is great for kids, has parents' rooms and the like, much better facilities than the 'G or elsewhere.

Sockeye Salmon
22-03-2011, 10:28 AM
My bloke first went at 9 weeks.

Etihad is (was?) great if you have a pram as they will let you park in the disabled seats. The MCG was a pain, I was told I had to go to level 3 in the Southern Stand (for those of you who don't pay attention while you are there, there is nowhere on L3 @ the MCG for a pram).

It was bad between about 3-5 yo as he got bored too easily. Having other kids around was best otherwise be prepared for an early end.

I saw Johnno's last 3 goals v Adelaide in his 300th from between the aisles as we were walking out (didn't know about Bock's shot after the siren until I got home).
Didn't see Lake's mark and Will's goal to draw against Richmond.
Didn't see Boydy sprint half the length of the ground to goal (also against Richmond).

LostDoggy
22-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Sit them with your Mrs.

Watch the footy from the bar.

Oh for simpler times...

ReLoad
22-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Could be worse, my twin sons have been brainwashed by their mother to go for Hawthorn, I never even stood a chance.

Still they are members, and I did manage to sneak this in last year when the wife wasn't home.

One day I hope they see the light, one day.......

w3design
22-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Going to footy at Footy park as a wide eyed 7 year old back in '97, Dad always said he had to try things to keep me engaged.

If I read correctly, your 7 year old is a girl so it might be different. Dad said he just talked about the game with me, pointed out players from the Dogs and the Power (Why he took me to those games amazed me, he is an Essendon supporter and at this stage so was I). Asked me to look at guernsey numbers then find them in the record or the paper. Always made sure I knew what was happening in the game.

He says that kept me watching. When it didn't, food was the answer. Other kids too, we usually went with one of dad's mates and he has a kid my age so we'd entertain eachother during half time and the breaks.

Sockeye Salmon
22-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Could be worse, my twin sons have been brainwashed by their mother to go for Hawthorn, I never even stood a chance.

Still they are members, and I did manage to sneak this in last year when the wife wasn't home.

Divorce her.

Twodogs
22-03-2011, 03:37 PM
It was bad between about 3-5 yo as he got bored too easily. Having other kids around was best otherwise be prepared for an early end.

Unless their dad's get so engrossed with the game they suddenly realise they havent seen their kids for about fifteen minutes and spend the next ten minutes frantically trying to to locate them.;)

But yeah other people's kids can be a godsend at the footy. Just so long as you dont forget where you are and shout abuse at Peter Street for being a ****ing idiot **** when their daughter is sitting right next to you...

1eyedog
22-03-2011, 03:49 PM
If you are set on doing this I can only advise a wrapped present presented at the end of each quarter.

I took my then 2.2 year old boy to the football during last years finals and Christmas wrapped four Matchbox cars for this very purpose. Cost me $8 and the one matchbox car usually lasted 30 minutes before he started looking around for something else to break. The only problem now is that whenever he goes to the footy he expects matchbox cars.

*I do not advocate this type of parenting practice nor do I work for Matchbox.

Sockeye Salmon
22-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Unless their dad's get so engrossed with the game they suddenly realise they havent seen their kids for about fifteen minutes and spend the next ten minutes frantically trying to to locate them.;)

But yeah other people's kids can be a godsend at the footy. Just so long as you dont forget where you are and shout abuse at Peter Street for being a ****ing idiot **** when their daughter is sitting right next to you...

That was seriously funny. I think it was KT31s pup Braydon who agreed with you!

Twodogs
22-03-2011, 06:39 PM
That was seriously funny. I think it was KT31s pup Braydon who agreed with you!

I knew one of the kid's replied that I was right. I was so mortified when I realised what I (and Streeta) had done that I'd sort of gone numb. Right up until Cooney powered away from that boundary throw in and split the middle! Then the pandemonium broke out.

That's still one of my favorite games of all time.

LostDoggy
22-03-2011, 09:29 PM

Ha! this made me laugh - it's like sneaking a cigarette while your parents are out! Keep up the good work Reload - the boys will see the light sooner or later!:o

LostDoggy
23-03-2011, 04:07 AM
Correction harbourtown

And cosco members get tickets for half price

LostDoggy
23-03-2011, 04:16 AM

Great pic ReLoad nice bi-folds, I wouldnt marry my wife unless she fully commited her love to the Bulldogs, no joke, finally she did and we married in '04' she followed the Cats her whole life, and she missed the good years hehe. :D

Desipura
23-03-2011, 09:55 AM
And cosco members get tickets for half price
to the play centre? Really? I must tell my inlaws who take my kids there alot.

ReLoad
23-03-2011, 05:35 PM
If you are set on doing this I can only advise a wrapped present presented at the end of each quarter.

I took my then 2.2 year old boy to the football during last years finals and Christmas wrapped four Matchbox cars for this very purpose. Cost me $8 and the one matchbox car usually lasted 30 minutes before he started looking around for something else to break. The only problem now is that whenever he goes to the footy he expects matchbox cars.

*I do not advocate this type of parenting practice nor do I work for Matchbox.

Gold! everyone loves bribery!

Ghost Dog
23-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Reload--> Could be worse, my twin sons have been brainwashed by their mother to go for Hawthorn, I never even stood a chance.\

My Family had an interesting system. To prevent in-fighting and bias, all of the 5 kids had to go for the team that won the premiership the year they were born until they were old enough to choose for themselves. My parents were such hippies, so funny. Prevented my uncles from trying to convert us into Essendon supporters.

Murphy'sLore
24-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Reload--> Could be worse, my twin sons have been brainwashed by their mother to go for Hawthorn, I never even stood a chance.\

My Family had an interesting system. To prevent in-fighting and bias, all of the 5 kids had to go for the team that won the premiership the year they were born until they were old enough to choose for themselves. My parents were such hippies, so funny. Prevented my uncles from trying to convert us into Essendon supporters.

Glad all families don't use this system or we'd have no supporters left under 60!

LostDoggy
05-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Back again...

This saturday is D day and we are feeling pretty confident... but I have more questions....

I have my interstate membership but I need tickets for the three girls, I dont need to pre-book do I? Where do I get the tickets from?

Is there a preferred entrance or stand that is kid friendly? Maybe on the Harbour town side?

Is the Woofer thing on again? Where is it? Is it only before the game?

Can you get pass outs?

Life was easier when I just had to make sure I got to the bar and back between quarters!

LostDoggy
05-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Can buy tickets online with Ticketmaster, however they will slug you a million$$ for the privilidge. Should be able to get tix on the day considering there will be next to no GC fans in attendance. Ticket booths outside all major gates.

Pretty much kid friendly all round the ground. I beleive their is a kid zone running every home match, someone may be able to confirm exactly where but I believe it at the "Footscray End" of the ground.

Pass out are available at each gate.

aker39
05-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Just buy your tickets at the ground. The 2yo will not need a ticket.

If you are catching the train and coming off the Bourke St bridge, enter the ground at gate 3. There are ticket booths there. If coming from Docklands, enter at Gate 7. There is also a ticket booth there and that is the end where the Footscray End is.

PS - I was with my 2 (nearly 3) year old nephew on Sunday. I had put some wiggles songs on my phone and they kept him occupied for most of the last quarter.

LostDoggy
05-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Divorce her.

Absolutely.

Great pic ReLoad nice bi-folds, I wouldnt marry my wife unless she fully commited her love to the Bulldogs, no joke, finally she did and we married in '04' she followed the Cats her whole life, and she missed the good years hehe. :D

SeƱor mucho respeto! :cool:

Just buy your tickets at the ground. The 2yo will not need a ticket.

If you are catching the train and coming off the Bourke St bridge, enter the ground at gate 3. There are ticket booths there. If coming from Docklands, enter at Gate 7. There is also a ticket booth there and that is the end where the Footscray End is.

PS - I was with my 2 (nearly 3) year old nephew on Sunday. I had put some wiggles songs on my phone and they kept him occupied for most of the last quarter.

Tip: Go through Gate 1. There are always heaps of people trying to squeeze through Gate 3 yet Gate 1 is always a breeze.

LostDoggy
05-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Big thanks to you all once again, very much appreciated, you have all been a wonderful help, I will let you all know how we go.

Aker39... Elisha Jade (EJ), the two year old, has recently moved on from Wiggles and now has become enthralled with Dora so the portable DVD will be the go. Me and the missus have iphones with kids songs too.

Murphy'sLore
08-04-2011, 11:21 AM
If you see a harassed-looking couple with four little girls (2 nine year olds and 2 six year olds) in tow on Level 3 at the Footscray end, come up and say hi and maybe our kids can entertain each other!

LostDoggy
08-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Big thanks to you all once again, very much appreciated, you have all been a wonderful help, I will let you all know how we go.

Aker39... Elisha Jade (EJ), the two year old, has recently moved on from Wiggles and now has become enthralled with Dora so the portable DVD will be the go. Me and the missus have iphones with kids songs too.

This works a treat, don't for get the headphones :)

LostDoggy
08-04-2011, 08:48 PM
If you see a harassed-looking couple with four little girls (2 nine year olds and 2 six year olds) in tow on Level 3 at the Footscray end, come up and say hi and maybe our kids can entertain each other!

I will look out for you murph!

LostDoggy
11-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Cheers everyone, we had a really good day.

We went to the Aquarium in the morning, had lunch there and the penguins were a hit.
We got to the ground just in time to get the girls hair sprayed and face painted and saw the first bounce from just inside the entrance. Then we found some seats on the 3rd level near the footscray end.
We had m&m's for every dog goal early on, the magic pen colouring books came out at qtr time and were a hit. EJ watched Dora at half time and I took Lili to get some dim sims. EJ was asleep on her mum for all of the 3rd qtr and Lili played games and listened to tunes on the iphone. We watched the first 10 minutes of the last qtr then scooted off to miss the rain.
All in all pretty successful, except... we walked up to Footscray road to get the 220 back to Braybrook but it didnt come and we got saturated, I waved down a taxi driver who had his light off to finish his work day but was going our way and took us back... Thankyou Abdul!!
We should have either stayed in the city for dinner or caught the train to Footscray I reckon.

snimmo
11-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Great to hear it went well. I just found the website today so sorry for jumping in late in the thread (was looking for a cap of the GC game, but no idea where to download one and that is when my Google search found this forum).

This was the first game of my 2yo daughter as well, we thought it would be a good quiet game to introduce her as she is not a fan of lots of noise.

We sat in the Cheer Squad and she got a flag to wave with every goal and she was really getting into it. The only issue was the Brown's actions on Ward which meant the anger in the crowd was palpable and she got quite scared with that.

We moved up to level 3 to see her Uncle (and Grand-Uncle, and cousins, et.al) and I think the lack of intensity got a little boring for her so we went back down half way in Q4.

Other than that she loved sitting with Grandma and Dad, and she ignored the iPad that she is usually addicted to. She loved the facepaint and Woofer, but was afraid of Sid (which is weird since she is used to a pack of White Shepherds in her backyard).

The only issue was it was very hard to watch the game which her almost bashing everyone in the head with her flag.

I have included a picture of her with her Grandma that my brother took while I was out helping with the banner.

She has now demanded that her Mum has to come to the game (she does not care for AFL), so that sounds promising. ;)

EasternWest
12-04-2011, 12:53 AM
;)

Hi Snimmo,

Welcome to WOOF. That pic is one for the ages! Classic.

Looking forward to hearing more from you:D.

LostDoggy
13-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Wow, how interesting this thread is. I also took my 2yo son to this game for his first game. While he loved the cheering, he didn't realise that he was also clapping when GC scored.

He got bored at half time, and all he wanted to do was walk up and down the isles and in between the chairs. He saw some adults step over the chairs, and then promptly tried to do it himself.

While I missed some good plays while watching him, I still had a good day first up. I asked him after the game if he enjoyed it, and he nodded yes. When asked if he wanted to go again, I got no answer.

snimmo
13-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Good to hear nawrocki, maybe Woofer needs to be involved for the next game he goes to. The facepainting, and the bouncy castle all helped my daughter enjoy it (but they are not to be done together).