PDA

View Full Version : Neil Sasche

Twodogs
24-03-2011, 11:01 AM
KB is saying he is coming up on SEN this morning. He didnt give a time frame when it would be.

Twodogs
24-03-2011, 01:30 PM
I listened while I was doing something work related that required most of my attention so apoligies if I what I say is a bit short on details.

He was spruiking a bike ride from Adelaide to Melbourne that is raising funds for and awareness of spinal cord injuries. The Neil Sasche Foundation is the organisation coordinating the event.

http://www.nsf.org.au/

He went on to say that the awareness of spinal cord injury is much better today than it was when his accident occured. Things like people being aware of the danger of moving supspected victims of spinal cord injury. He mentioned Yvette Eglinton and her injury in 2009 and how her immediate treatment and immobilisation probably prevented even her injurys being even worse.

One poignant thing he mentioned was being in the ambulance on the way to hospital afterwards and asking the ambo to take his boots off. The ambo said "mate you're not wearing any boots", that's when he knew he was in real trouble.