PDA

View Full Version : 20 Word Challenge

LongWait
27-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Your mission, should you accept it, is to explain our bloody game plan to me in 20 words or less. Any takers....?

Feel free to use as many words as you like if you can enlighten me.

AndrewP6
27-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Buggered if I know.

There, got it in 4. :)

divvydan
27-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Get everyone into the backline, find some magical way to get it past the middle, then kick it to Hall.

LostDoggy
27-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Run, Stop, Look, Lose the ball, Run after the ball, Watch as they kick another goal, Get back into position to do it all again

SonofScray
27-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Fumble ball, win ball, give to the opposition. Duck from all the jizz Essendon fans are spurting over the fence, miss tackles. Watch game slip away.

Slightly more than 20. Sorry. Frustrating day at the office for the Footscray faithful.

Maddog37
27-03-2011, 09:33 PM
All players to dive on ball at all times and leave opposition players still standing on their feet free to run the ball away. Repeat at every opportunity.

LostDoggy
27-03-2011, 09:47 PM
If you can't get the ball, how can you implement a game plan?

Before I Die
27-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Get everyone into the backline, find some magical way to get it past the middle, then kick it to Hall.

I think we have a winner.

LongWait
27-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Seriously....will someone have a go at this. I really would like to know what our game plan is supposed to be. I can't believe that we don't have one.

Greystache
27-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Let them run the ball through the midfield, hope Lake can intercept it and give it to a runner, have all 18 players run forward of the play, then when the ball carrier runs to the point he's under pressure bomb it long to an outnumbered forward. Let them run it away, rinse and repeat.

I think I went over budget. ;)

westdog54
28-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Seriously....will someone have a go at this. I really would like to know what our game plan is supposed to be. I can't believe that we don't have one.

I've got a better idea. Find a club whose (effective) game plan you can succinctly put into 20 words or less, then I might have a go, as long as you don't count the part where I say that the players didn't follow the game plan and were awful today.

Heavy defeats aren't always down to game plan. Sometimes the players are just terrible. Geelong game last year case in point.

boydogs
28-03-2011, 02:46 AM
Copy Collingwood

Topdog
28-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Kick long to a contest where the opposition has more players than us.

soupman
28-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Wait for someone else to try and lift the side, then join in.

Daughter of the West
28-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Kick long to a contest where the opposition has more players than us.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This, and in 13 words too!

LostDoggy
28-03-2011, 01:30 PM

But Hall was in the middle, so are we kicking backwards?

LostDoggy
28-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Your mission, should you accept it, is to explain our bloody game plan to me in 20 words or less. Any takers....?

Feel free to use as many words as you like if you can enlighten me.

Uuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm

Nope, sorry can't help

LongWait
28-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that we have a coach who is apparently a simply brilliant match day tactician. Can't teach, develop or relate to kids. Can't devise a coherent game plan which the players are so drilled at that execution is second nature and therefore consistently applied when under pressure. Relies on selecting the best possible 22 players available and then out-coaching his opponent: the "team of champions lead by a master tactician" approach. Good teams with a solid game plan just flog us every bloody time.

Not like me to be so pessimistic or so negative about the club, but FFS how can we expect improvement without a robust game plan that all of the players buy into? And don't get me started on the absolutley monumental blunder in choosing our captain...

LostDoggy
28-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Send 22 blokes out there, hopfully play a team thats bereft of all talent, think about hiring another sports psychologist, don't hire another sports psychologist, scratch head, go on E.O.S footy trip.

Desipura
28-03-2011, 03:30 PM
How many bloody times did 2 or more players fly for the mark only to see a bomber crumber take it away? It makes the decision to go with only one ruck man even more bizarre given how long we were kicking out

Topdog
28-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that we have a coach who is apparently a simply brilliant match day tactician. Can't teach, develop or relate to kids. Can't devise a coherent game plan which the players are so drilled at that execution is second nature and therefore consistently applied when under pressure. Relies on selecting the best possible 22 players available and then out-coaching his opponent: the "team of champions lead by a master tactician" approach. Good teams with a solid game plan just flog us every bloody time.

Not like me to be so pessimistic or so negative about the club, but FFS how can we expect improvement without a robust game plan that all of the players buy into? And don't get me started on the absolutley monumental blunder in choosing our captain...

Higgins, Grant, Jones, Gilbee, Lake, Hargrave, Boyd and about 50,000 other people disagree.

Jasper
28-03-2011, 05:03 PM

Three Prelim Finals appearances in a row don't reflect this.
We had 3 of our best defenders out of the team along with a number of first gamers.
Essendon played out of their A$$es.
Let's get over it.

We need 14 or 15 wins to be in contention for Top 4.
We have 21 games to do it.
Same as last year.

LongWait
28-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Higgins, Grant, Jones, Gilbee, Lake, Hargrave, Boyd and about 50,000 other people disagree.

Do you think that Eade is a development coach? A teaching coach? If so, you are the first person I've heard that makes that claim.

Eade has significant strengths, but nurturing young talent is not amongst them in my view. Eade is quick to blame the players whenever we put up a poor performance. Supporters often look to scapegoat players as well. The Coach must take responsibility for the list, for the gameplan, and for the inability of the team he coaches to consistently win against top quality opposition. Time to stop giving players a spray and focus on the real reasons why we can't take the next step.