PDA

View Full Version : Lenny Hayes gone for season?

Remi Moses
02-04-2011, 02:20 AM
Looks like saints have lost Lenny Hayes with a knee.
Bigger loss than capt Diver IMHO.
FWIW love seeing that lot starting to struggle,looks to me they need youth in that Saints Footy, Bubble B/S.

LostDoggy
02-04-2011, 03:17 AM
Wow. Just wow.

AndrewP6
02-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Sounds mean, but from a footy perspective, I really don't care.

bornadog
02-04-2011, 04:45 PM

From an athletes/footballers persepective I feel for him, from a self fish point of view, we will now beat the Saints:D

Flamethrower
02-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Gotta feel for Lenny - he is the heart and soul of that club and I would love him in our colours.

As for the Saints, just looking at their fixture it is possible they will only have 1 or 2 wins on the board by round 15. :eek:

jazzadogs
02-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Lenny is an absolute star, realistically any ACL is bad news though.

Glad he's not going for LARS, although I'm also surprised that he's not. As many have said, LARS would have given him the opportunity of coming back later this year. IMHO there still isn't enough evidence to support LARS, which is why I'm pleased.

chef
02-04-2011, 07:27 PM

I don't really like seeing it happen, but the more stars down from our competition for the flag the better.

divvydan
02-04-2011, 07:39 PM
It seems that he's also injured his MCL which is the primary reason he's not going with the LARS. Only possible thing to dislike about Hayes is that he's not a Bulldog. Hope he's able to come back from this next year and get back to his best.

soupman
03-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Shame it had to happen to arguably St.Kilda's only likable player (Farren Ray might qualify though). Obviosuly helps us though as he is the one who invariably cuts us up in the important games.

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks guys, I thought I was the only one who, whilst feeling for the guy, was actually happy that this was happening to the Aints! There is no love here (in my heart) for that team.......:o

ratsmac
04-04-2011, 09:55 AM
You gotta love Lenny Hayes, I feel sorry for him, but that said, SUCK SHITE SAINTS!!!

The Pie Man
04-04-2011, 11:54 AM
I feel the same way as a lot of you - Hayes is one of the only guys on that team not to annoy me in some way....aside from the most important way, which is killing us in clearances every time we play them.

So I really feel for him...but it essentially sees the Saint flag window shutting, which doesn't faze me one bit.

The Adelaide Connection
04-04-2011, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't wish injuries on anyone, especially not Lenny. Absolute champion.

I like to wish for ridiculous MRP findings that oust players for 8 games instead. Makes me feel like a good person.

LostDoggy
06-04-2011, 02:58 PM
You do feel sorry for him as a player, but don't feel sorry for the Saints flag window.
They have had three grand final chances to win one premiership and pissed them all. Capitalise on your chances when you have them cause they may dissapear very quickly.

LostDoggy
06-04-2011, 04:42 PM
You do feel sorry for him as a player, but don't feel sorry for the Saints flag window.
They have had three grand final chances to win one premiership and pissed them all. Capitalise on your chances when you have them cause they may dissapear very quickly.

Man they have had more than three chances (but you're right, three grannies). Talk of their window started back in Thomas's time and making prelims, then with a year off learning Lyon's gameplan, they were back the next three years right in the mix. As much as I hate to admit it, their window has essentially been open the whole time Riewoldt has been there, supported by their other early draft picks and their gun half-back line.

They have essentially had the same core for the past 6-7 years (give or take a handful of recycled players and retirements), and like some have said, will fall off a cliff pretty hard -- Riewoldt and Goddard will find themselves isolated in a middling team a la Jon Brown and Simon Black soon enough.

The thing about opportunities, though, is that our window has essentially been open for the past 3-4 years as well. We've pissed away just as many opportunities, make no mistake, although we've been a lot better at bringing youth through to remain competitive for the next 5 years.

ps. Re: Hayes, real shame. He's a gun, and a real trooper in a team of douches.

Sedat
06-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Man they have had more than three chances (but you're right, three grannies). Talk of their window started back in Thomas's time and making prelims, then with a year off learning Lyon's gameplan, they were back the next three years right in the mix. As much as I hate to admit it, their window has essentially been open the whole time Riewoldt has been there, supported by their other early draft picks and their gun half-back line.
There was the famous game in Round 22 2003 down at Kardinia Park where Geelong touched the Saints up - both were young teams outside the 8 and on the rise, but the Saints were the only ones getting all the media hype about them. Chappy and co have regularly referred back to this game as a pivotal moment in their rise.

GT proclaimed back almost 10 years ago now that he expected the Saints to win 2 flags in the next 10 years. With their available talent they really should have to be honest.

I'm glad that Hayes is not in their team this season because it makes a team that we have had terrible trouble beating in the past that much weaker. I feel sorry for him personally but not a shred for his team.

1eyedog
15-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Who is going to get it for them now? Armitage? They are in trouble.

Maddog37
15-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Luke Ball would be handy for them right now........

Ghost Dog
15-04-2011, 02:44 PM
True True....You would have to be super-concieted to let a player like that go for zip.

LostDoggy
15-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Lovett should give plenty of run once they get it out of the middle

Mofra
15-04-2011, 03:49 PM
True True....You would have to be super-concieted to let a player like that go for zip.
Especially when the supposed compo (pick 30 & Wellingham) would help them immensely; Wellingham gives them the pace they sorely need, and for pick 30 they could snare a talented young midfielder which would increase their talented young midfielder tally .... to 1.

Maddog37
15-04-2011, 05:56 PM
I did notice a young fella for them in the pre season that looked ok. Wears number 37. Not sure of his name but very hard at it.

Topdog
15-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Especially when the supposed compo (pick 30 & Wellingham) would help them immensely; Wellingham gives them the pace they sorely need, and for pick 30 they could snare a talented young midfielder which would increase their talented young midfielder tally .... to 1.

yep, Wellingham has turned into a very fine footballer and is head and shoulders above someone like Armitage. Not sure Nick would get the same benefits out of the proposed trade though.