PDA

View Full Version : Round #2 - Slaps and Sledges

GVGjr
03-04-2011, 09:10 AM
For those who aren't familiar with the Slaps and Sledges thread:

A slap on the back for a job well done by 2 players. (not to be confused with the Woof Player Awards (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9023))
This can be a passage of player or a spirited effort.

A sledge to two players that let down the team. Try and make this constructive critique and not just overly critical.

EasternWest
03-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Slaps
Libba's hands. David Copperfield wishes he was as nimble.
Stack and Hill. I'm critical of Stack, but his intensity was pretty good today. Put his head over it a bit and even pulled out some hard balls. Made a few mistakes, but I can live with mistakes when young players are trying to make something happen. Too soon to eat my words, but there were glimpses of a footballer there. Both he and Hill look pretty good coming off the half back line.
Griff's goal, turning McGrath inside out. Classy stuff.
Sherman's willingness to run hard and tackle. Doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed, but worked pretty hard defensively.
Sledges
I thought Williams did pretty good today, but he dropped a few sitters that he shouldn't have. Can't afford that against better teams.

craigsahibee
03-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Big slap for Libba. I am really looking forward to watching his next 200+ games. Fantastic hands and brilliant in close for a 18 year old.

Massive sledge to the so called supporter sitting on level 2, aisle 28, row E, seat 56 or 57. Constantly bagging Tom Williams. At one stage in the second qtr got stuck into Tom for a mistake on the Spencer st wing when Tom was 70 yards away standing that John McEnroe lookalike Mitch Clark.

GVGjr
03-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Remember, try and keep it as close to two players for a slap and two for a sledge. (there is some leniency)
If you want to pat more players on the back or whack a few more then do it on the Game Day thread

LostDoggy
03-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Big Slap on the back for Ryan Griffin for again showing us his class after a lacklustre display last week

Big Sledge for me thinking that Libba would not be ready to make an impact before Round 6 , killed em today , possible Rising Star nomination

Mofra
03-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Slap:
I actually though Williams was quite good today
Higgins getting his touch back
Gia's contested marking - as good as I've seen from him

Sledge:
Stack has to learn to keep his feet if he wants to stay in the 22
Morris' turnover in the 3rd - we should expect better

the banker
03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
SLAPS
Libba's game sense - he knows how to play. Its in the DNA
Sherman contribution - suits us - we need the burst speed
Tommy looking like a player, just needs his hands to be more secure.

SLEDGE
Slow starts to the quarters.

lemmon
03-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Slaps
Libba is a dead set gun
Tommy matches up super on Clark, always towels him up

Sledges
Losing the inside 50's again, its an issue that must be addressed

comrade
03-04-2011, 07:00 PM
I mentioned this in the GD thread but I have to give a sledge to Crossy's kicking. With Libba slotting in nicely as yet another inside mid, can we afford to carry a guy who just cant kick?

SlimPickens
03-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Slap- Libba 28 touches and 10 tackles.

Sledge-Handball to kick ratio.

Bulldog Joe
03-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Slap- Libba 28 touches and 10 tackles.

Sledge-Handball to kick ratio.

Well he does win it in close and feeds out to the right guys. His handball to Griffen in the last was terrific.

I know he is the son of Libba but he plays more like a re-incarnation of Scott West.

soupman
03-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Slaps:

Justin Sherman. Threw his body in there, broke the lines with his speed and kicked a stupid goal. I was impressed today, and hopefully he can do it when the side we are playing isn't Brisbane.

Jarrad Grant's workrate throughout the match to not only provide an option and work to spcae but contribute with defensive pressure. Often he would make mutliple efforts to run players down and apply pressure and be obviously spent afterwards.

Sledges:

Brennan Stack's decision making. This isn't a criticism of his entire game (which i thought was half decent) but there were a couple of occassions where he just kicked it to what was clearly the wrong option (ie. a Brisbane player) or just ran into an opponent. I'm encouraged by his performances, but he has to get these brain farts out of his game if he doesn't want to get slaughtered on the rebound by good sides.

AndrewP6
03-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Slaps: Libba. The kid...I repeat, KID, has slotted in like an experienced campaigner. Terrific hands in close and great composure.
Griff: Got lots of possies, and added to the scoreline - which I think he and Coons need to continue doing.

Sledges: Stack for some awful decision making.
Bloke a couple of rows down from me - Hall gets subbed off, and he shouts out "Good on ya Hall, reported again!". Idiot.

Maddog37
03-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Big slap for Libba. I am really looking forward to watching his next 200+ games. Fantastic hands and brilliant in close for a 18 year old.

Massive sledge to the so called supporter sitting on level 2, aisle 28, row E, seat 56 or 57. Constantly bagging Tom Williams. At one stage in the second qtr got stuck into Tom for a mistake on the Spencer st wing when Tom was 70 yards away standing that John McEnroe lookalike Mitch Clark.

This bloke was directly in front of me and the family. We took great pleasure in clapping and cheering extra loudly every time Tommy got a touch.

Slaps. Libba is a freak. Playing senior footy the same way he played tac cup. Callan ward is just so hard and tough it is scary. markovic looking solid.

Sledges. Sorry to say it but stack was very unconvincing IMO.

LostDoggy
03-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Slap: The Shermanator, Not BOG but was a breath of fresh air.
Griff schooling McGrath (was it?). In basketball they call that an Ankle Breaker!
Pat on the back: The back line looks good without Lake, imagine with Lake?

Sledge: The ball delivery to Hall still isn't great, he's beating his opponent first to the ball and not getting rewarded.
A bit of "Kick and hope" has spread into the dogs game. Not a big fan.

Greystache
03-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Slap-

Griff- back to his best
Libba- ability to hit a target in traffic is remarkable.

Sledge-

Still conceding too many inside 50's

Remi Moses
03-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Slaps - The tackle count much better this week
Slaps - pressure in the f50 better today but still could be better
Slaps- Griffen, excellent today
Slaps- Markovic, unobtrusive and steady (better than I thought)
Slaps - Libba, outstanding composure and decision maker for a kid
Slaps- Ward , tried to do to much on occasion but was good
Slaps - Sherman , good today important for someone to break the lines
Overall much better lads keep going

Sledge - Stack,although he was good he needs to keep his feet and improve the decision making
Sledge- Jonathon Brown, Honestly if you are going to have a crack at an ex player for not wanting to play in 'our guernsey' Just wondering if the name Daniel Bradsaw resonates for you!

chef
03-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Slaps
- Good team effort
- Mid field kicking a lot of goals

Sledge
- The crowd. 22,000 was pitiful for our home game.

Bumper Bulldogs
03-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Slap - Libba for the work rate and clean hands

Sledge - the hair styles of Both Libba & Ward.....do we know a barber that could do some work with the guys.

LostDoggy
03-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Slap - Libba was great today and showed me that I have plenty more years to be excited!
Slap - The Sherminator - loved his bursts of speed!

Sledge - What is going on with Ward's "do"???? Get the boy to a hairdresser, soon! (At least it doesn't effect the way he plays and his courage :D)

AndrewP6
03-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Slap - Libba was great today and showed me that I have plenty more years to be excited!

Sledge - What is going on with Ward's "do"???? Get the boy to a hairdresser, soon! (At least it doesn't effect the way he plays and his courage :D)

Shows plenty of courage sporting that ridiculous bouffant :D

Twodogs
03-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Sledge- Jonathon Brown, Honestly if you are going to have a crack at an ex player for not wanting to play in 'our guernsey' Just wondering if the name Daniel Bradsaw resonates for you!

What did he say? I was out of town for the weekend.

LostDoggy
03-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Slap - Libba for the work rate and clean hands

Sledge - the hair styles of Both Libba & Ward.....do we know a barber that could do some work with the guys.

Shows plenty of courage sporting that ridiculous bouffant :D

HOW DARE YOU GUYS SPIT ON THE BOUFFANT!
These posts should be stripped from the forum.

Not only is it fabulos in ever sence of the word it is practical too! How many head knocks did they boy have today??? He would have been KO'd 5 times.

SonofScray
03-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Slap:
Libba - he has brought some real youthful exuberance to the 'tough stuff' and showing up the old guard with some slick skill in close.

Griffen - great goal late where he made McGrath look more ridiculous than he already does. I want to see more of that, playing like a star and lighting things up a bit.

Sledge:

General skill level - both teas were poor I thought, which made for a scrappy and boring contest at times. I want to see better from our guys at least.

Ward's hair do - we can't have a bloke running around looking like George Michael or an extra from a WHAM! video. The only way he is allowed to keep it is if he wins a Brownlow, and even then every time he scores they have to play the sax riff from 'Careless Whisper' every time he scores. Club should have a rule, all players to have a no. 1 hair cut and grow a beard.

KT31
03-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Slap - obviously Libba, he is going to be a gun. (enough said)
Slap - Josh Hill (Harbrow who ?)
Slap - The leadership group for standing up today.
Slap - Backline.How good when Lake returns.
Sledge - First ten minutes of the game, lucky it was only Brisbane a decent team would had us half burried.
Sledge - Rodney Eade for benching Bazza. (I could have done with the points in my Dream Team.

comrade
03-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Are we seriously going to get comments on Ward's hair every week?

azabob
03-04-2011, 10:43 PM

Why can't people comment? Today would be the first time a lot of people would've seen it.

Posters felt the need to comment on Hudsons beard weekly. No different really.

AndrewP6
03-04-2011, 10:48 PM

Yes. Until he is held down and given the buzzcut.

SlimPickens
03-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Well he does win it in close and feeds out to the right guys. His handball to Griffen in the last was terrific.

I know he is the son of Libba but he plays more like a re-incarnation of Scott West.

Sorry not clear, I meant the teams handball to kick ratio.

always right
03-04-2011, 11:46 PM

I could ask the same question about your repeated posts about Crossy's kicking. Enough already...we get it....you don't rate his kicking.

comrade
03-04-2011, 11:55 PM
I could ask the same question about your repeated posts about Crossy's kicking. Enough already...we get it....you don't rate his kicking.

At least I'm referring to an actual relevant football skill that will have a bearing on our overall performance.

I'd prefer to read and participate in quality football discussion in the Slaps and Sledges thread.

anfo27
04-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Slap:
Libba junior first quarter was great, super hands and will enjoy watching this kids career.
Team tackle count of 79, this is a benchmark we need to get close to or surpass every week.

Sledge:
Our first 10 minutes today was woeful.

westdog54
04-04-2011, 12:57 AM
What did he say? I was out of town for the weekend.

I was in town and I missed it.

Remi, can you fill us in?

Sedat
04-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Slap - Sherman. Not a big fan but showed us why we got him today. Ran the lines hard.
Slap - Defensive intensity across the whole ground. Much, much better this week, irrespective of the quality of the opposition. Senior brigade led the charge this week - Boyd and Hudson especially.

Sledge - First 10 minutes were very poor, would have been 3-4 goals down against a good team.

wimberga
04-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Slaps

Gia - Great use of the body and his role has him looking fantastic when our team is getting first use of the ball. Did all the right things today I thought

Match Commitee - After being a little critical last week, like what they did this week. Roughead in, Sherman starting, Djerkurra as sub, Hall coming off for a rest, liked all these decisions today.

Fwd 50 pressure - Really liked where this was today

Sledge

Slow start to quarters

I dont know what it is with our boys, but it always seems that we are never able to REALLY kick on and smash a team by 100-120+ points. Thought this might have been a chance but didnt happen today. Its not really a big issue, but would love to see it done if the opportunity presents itself in a game which we dominate as much as we did today.

Desipura
04-04-2011, 07:39 AM
Slaps Libba, once he gains more experience he will back himself to evade his opponent and deliver more by foot, the signs are promising!

Sledge Gia and Hill, with the focus from the MC to lift the tackle rate these 2 were registered with one each. Rocket threatened to wield the axe this time last week on some experienced players, Im sure Gia's name was mentioned.

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 08:52 AM

Appreciate your frustration Comrade, but this was my first game, and so it was the first time I have seen it! I couldn't really care about the hair in the end and if you read my post, I mention his courage at the ball. Maybe its a ploy to get the umpires to notice him for brownlow votes, ala Scott West's blonde locks????:D

comrade
04-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Appreciate your frustration Comrade, but this was my first game, and so it was the first time I have seen it! I couldn't really care about the hair in the end and if you read my post, I mention his courage at the ball. Maybe its a ploy to get the umpires to notice him for brownlow votes, ala Scott West's blonde locks????:D

No sweat. Bit of an overreaction on my part :)

Ozza
04-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Slaps -
Griffen was outstanding - and great to see him dangerous when up forward.
Higgins - some good signs from Higgo that he worked through a tag to get the footy about 20 odd times and hit the scoreboard for 3 goals. Wasn't in our best 3 or 4 - but deserves a mention for playing with a bit of urgency.

Sledges - Crossy's ball use - he slowed us down and cost us some scoring chances.
Stack - I harped on it last week as a pet hate of players bouncing the footy rather than moving it - and Stack provided an example this week - from the back pocket he took three bounces, ignoring the first two leads - and then had to go long to Jones who was leading at the boundary (as he almost always does). Poor piece of play.

The Pie Man
04-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Slaps

* The MC for throwing Josh Hill back (& forward at times) Keeps him engaged in the contest, makes good use of his motor. Good coaching (I thought he was close to BOG in the first half)

* Libba...can't recall a more impressive first two games of football from an 18 YO

* Boyd, for going forward and kicking two goals. He needs to do this more often, he is a long kick of the football which can be very damaging when the radar is on

* Griffen - BOG

Sledge *I'm going to qualify this by saying it's a bit rough, just trying to find something*

* Liam Jones' hands. Will get better, and he chases hard and gets to good spots - his hands aren't great ATM though

SlimPickens
04-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Sledges - Crossy's ball use - he slowed us down and cost us some scoring chances. .

Really noticed this Rowls, there is no doubting Crossy gets it but did he miss some targets by hand and foot yesterday. I wonder what his efficiency was?

Ozza
04-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Slaps

* The MC for throwing Josh Hill back (& forward at times) Keeps him engaged in the contest, makes good use of his motor. Good coaching (I thought he was close to BOG in the first half)

* Libba...can't recall a more impressive first two games of football from an 18 YO

* Boyd, for going forward and kicking two goals. He needs to do this more often, he is a long kick of the football which can be very damaging when the radar is on

* Griffen - BOG

Sledge *I'm going to qualify this by saying it's a bit rough, just trying to find something*

* Liam Jones' hands. Will get better, and he chases hard and gets to good spots - his hands aren't great ATM though

Once Hall went off - it was a good opportunity for Liam to get involved as a real focal point. Bit disappointed he couldn't get more of the footy against a poor opposition.

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Slaps

They were good goals from 50m of a few steps.

Ozza
04-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Really noticed this Rowls, there is no doubting Crossy gets it but did he miss some targets by hand and foot yesterday. I wonder what his efficiency was?

Also frustrates me sometimes when he does get the footy to the target - but the ball travels so slowly that blokes further down the field get manned up in the process.

Of course he also took some great overhead marks as he always does.

ratsmac
04-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Slaps -

Libba - A lot to like about a second gamer. Looks like he's played 100 games already.

Griff - What a star! A brownlow beckons if he can bring it every week.

Djerrkura - Forward defensive pressure. To come on as a sub I think would be a difficult thing to do to get yourself into the game. He came on and added that pressure that was needed. He was out numbered in that forward pocket but chased and harassed and caused a boundary throw in. You don't get a stat for that but at least you can get a 'slap' on WOOF.

Sledges -

Players that handball to another player surrounded by opponents. ??? It happened a lot yesterday and against better opposition they end up being goals.

Our mid-field defense. Don't get me wrong, the tackling was good and Brisbane only managed 6 goals, but they did have more inside 50's than us. We need to block the ball in more, especially against the lower teams.

Bulldog Joe
04-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Slaps Libba, once he gains more experience he will back himself to evade his opponent and deliver more by foot, the signs are promising!

Sledge Gia and Hill, with the focus from the MC to lift the tackle rate these 2 were registered with one each. Rocket threatened to wield the axe this time last week on some experienced players, Im sure Gia's name was mentioned.

I noticed that on the stat sheet and can't believe. I will have to watch a replay but I was certain Gia laid 2 tackles in one passage of play.

His body pressure was very good.

Hill was one of the few to register a good tackle count the week before.

The Coon Dog
04-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Slap - The club's initiative on the 'Footscray End'.

Sledge - Brisbane's choice of a jumper with plenty of royal blue in it. I spoke with a staff member at the club this morning & a few players admitted to being confused at times. Why not wear their white jumper?

jazzadogs
04-04-2011, 11:41 AM

Sledge - Brisbane's choice of a jumper with plenty of royal blue in it. I spoke with a staff member at the club this morning & a few players admitted to being confused at times. Why not wear their white jumper?
How did the Footscray End go? I missed the start of the game...all the posters/decorations looked good, but I wondered how everything else went. Were the Hyde Street Band there?

As for Brisbane's jumper, I believe they try to wear the Fitzroy style jumper for all games in Melbourne. Agree it was a bad idea, but that would be the reasoning behind it.

The Pie Man
04-04-2011, 11:49 AM

Was it Roughhead that kicked it straight to Black at one stage....he looked like he was hitting up someone else in Royal Blue?

On TV it looked ok as the back of their Fitzroy style jumper is all red, but it's a fair point for the players with the colour across the chest

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Slap - I can tell the kids I was there the day Gia took a contested mark. ;)

Slap - Lukas Markovic. After reading posts on WOOF, I thought I was going to see a less mobile version of Brendon Lade. He moved well, and was a disciplined defender. I'm miffed that blokes have been so quick to pot him, even before he'd played his second AFL game. Looks to be good cover should other defenders get injured.

Sledge - The five point handball drill that was carried over from the warm-up into the first 10 minutes of the game.

Sledge - The delivery to Barry Hall. He was at boiling point yesterday. He's going to clock someone soon if this doesn't improve.

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 12:22 PM
SLAPS:

- Jordan Roughheads mark - SCREAMER!! :D
- Matty Boyds goal from outside 50 in the 1st quarter, pure class. :)

Maddog37
04-04-2011, 12:24 PM

Slap - Lukas Markovic. After reading posts on WOOF, I thought I was going to see a less mobile version of Brendon Lade. He moved well, and was a disciplined defender. I'm miffed that blokes have been so quick to pot him, even before he'd played his second AFL game. Looks to be good cover should other defenders get injured.

Sledge - The five point handball drill that was carried over from the warm-up into the first 10 minutes of the game.
Sledge - The delivery to Barry Hall. He was at boiling point yesterday. He's going to clock someone soon if this doesn't improve.

Great call. watching that made me feel sick. It was like watching an instructional video on how to give the ball to your opponent.

Mantis
04-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Slap:

* Intensity & effort.

Sledges:

* Ball use & decision making.

Chicago1
04-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Feeling much, much better today after yesterday's match. Sat in Level 1 Aisle 35 with the family of a WOOFer who I met in Chicago last year when we went to a Cubs game. He's in Boston so I used his seat. Had lunch in the food area near the EJ Whitten Bar. Didn't even know that area existed.

Slaps to the club for the pre-match stuff. Loved seeing Johnno. Also slaps to Boydy for a magnificent goal and Roughhead for the screamer. Libba was so good I couldn't believe I've seen him play ALL of his Senior matches! Also Griffo did some smart things especially that great goal.

Sadly my season ends on Saturday against the Suns, but after seeing them against Carlton, I think I'll be flying out on Tuesday with a smile on my face(and tears in my eyes). I'll be over for training this week when I find out when it's on. I'm off to watch the Melbourne Storm tonight.

Oh... the Cubs are 1-2 after the first weekend of baseball. *sigh*

Bulldog Revolution
04-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Slap

Match committee

I've been critical at times in the past but all summer and in the first two rounds Rocket and co have been prepared to be bold, knowing that to go forward we have to develop new players. I couldn't fault what the coaches have attempted to do with the talent available to them.

Libba has been super, Markovic very handy, whilst Stack has polarised supporters a bit, few could find fault with the coaching staff for trying him in the backline given our needs, and Josh Hill is starting to show his immense talent and play with a bit of spark. Sherman, DJ and Vez have all shown enough to show they were worth adding to the group.

Its a brutal game but I like that the coaching staff are attempting to be bold and re-cast the team, providing development opportunities to younger guys.

Jasper
04-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Slap

Libba snr for having a star of a son & Hill for find a place in the team as a swing man, very dangerous at both ends of the ground. Special mention to Cal Ward this kid is Tough as nails, most players would have been stretched off after being elbowed to the face, he was back on 3 mins later and diving head long into a pack.

Also Brisbane for showing us the tactic to beat the forward press. Very simple really, all they did was push all their numbers to one side of the ground and beat us by weight of numbers. lets hope the coaches took notes.

Sledge

The fade outs, we should have won that game by 120 points but took the foot off. I bit harsh I know but the Pies would have and if we want to compete with them then we need that killers instinct.

Remi Moses
04-04-2011, 06:20 PM

Couldn't agree more.
Why is it they occasionally wear there away strip!
The 30 players constantly around the contest is an endorsement of an away strip

AndrewP6
04-04-2011, 06:24 PM

He was a bit miffed when subbed off, but all smiles on the bench. I was sitting a long way back, but I haven't seen him at 'boiling point' yet.

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Slaps:
1) Libba - rising star
2) Sherman - hope he can bring that high level of consistency to our team

Sledges:
1) 22,000 for a home game
2) Voss - you reap what you sow.

SlimPickens
04-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Slaps:
1) Libba - rising star
2) Sherman - hope he can bring that high level of consistency to our team

Sledges:
1) 22,000 for a home game2) Voss - you reap what you sow.

Very ordinary for our first home game of the year. Hopefully a few more can turn out for the GC game.

soupman
04-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Very ordinary for our first home game of the year. Hopefully a few more can turn out for the GC game.

I'm worried. GC will have very few rock up, and I'm not sure how many of our own will show up.

comrade
04-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Most clubs have plenty of supporters who only turn up to matches they think their team will win. You would hope those types turn up on Saturday.

jazzadogs
04-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Most clubs have plenty of supporters who only turn up to matches they think their team will win. You would hope those types turn up on Saturday.
On the downside, it's Rd1 for a lot of suburban leagues this weekend which could rule out a fair bit of the Saturday arvo crowd.

comrade
04-04-2011, 11:25 PM
On the downside, it's Rd1 for a lot of suburban leagues this weekend which could rule out a fair bit of the Saturday arvo crowd.

Yep, crappy fixturing for us. The admin team would have budgeted for this game to be a loss-leader. Hopefully we're not hit too badly.

Rocco Jones
04-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Yep, crappy fixturing for us. The admin team would have budgeted for this game to be a loss-leader. Hopefully we're not hit too badly.

If we are sure we are going to pick Mitch than I think we should market it early and as heavily as we can.

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 11:33 PM

Good point. I'll be watching Ozza kick a bag on Saturday. Rumour is he kicked 4 goals in five minutes in the intra-club last weekend. ;)

I would love to attend this weekend to get a closer look at the GC kids. From what I saw last round, Dixon, Matera and Bennell all looked likely types.

comrade
04-04-2011, 11:35 PM
If we are sure we are going to pick Mitch than I think we should market it early and as heavily as we can.

Unveiling Wallis is probably the only thing we can do to inject some additional interest into the game. As you say, if we're going to pick him, it might be wise to announce it Tuesday or Wednesday and get the media involved.

Placing unfair expectation on him could be an issue but he should be able to ease into the game against a soft opposition and he seems like he has a mature head on his shoulders regardless.

Ozza
05-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Good point. I'll be watching Ozza kick a bag on Saturday. Rumour is he kicked 4 goals in five minutes in the intra-club last weekend. ;)

I would love to attend this weekend to get a closer look at the GC kids. From what I saw last round, Dixon, Matera and Bennell all looked likely types.

I'll be watching you do your best work 'accuser - I'm still suspended for a couple more weeks!

SlimPickens
05-04-2011, 10:27 AM
I'm worried. GC will have very few rock up, and I'm not sure how many of our own will show up.

I know, could be "rent a crowd" behind the away goals!

cinder
05-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm annoyed - can't go because the Mother In Law is visiting from Adelaide ... couldn't she have come the bye weekend?!! How inconsiderate ... ;)

aker39
05-04-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm annoyed - can't go because the Mother In Law is visiting from Adelaide ... couldn't she have come the bye weekend?!! How inconsiderate ... ;)

Take her to the game, or even better, she can stay home and spend some "special" time with her grandchild.

cinder
05-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Take her to the game, or even better, she can stay home and spend some "special" time with her grandchild.

I thought about the 2nd option, hubby is even happy to stay home with her. Not sure I'd live it down though!

JohnGentStand
05-04-2011, 07:34 PM
slaps
markovic - showed he could be a handy back up when required.

libba jnr - pure bulldog

griff's goal - ooh-la-la

bulldog hierarchy - for keeping J Hill

sledges...
forward entries without BBBBB - confused

on a lighter note, while watching a mate turns to me and says..
'Libba's old man is here"
I reply...' you mean Libba ?'
he pauses and says 'Yeah '

AndrewP6
05-04-2011, 07:44 PM
I know, could be "rent a crowd" behind the away goals!

Maybe we could take over that end too. Make it the "Footscray West End". I'm not even sure it's west, I've never been good at geography ;)

LostDoggy
06-04-2011, 11:07 AM
slaps
markovic - showed he could be a handy back up when required.

libba jnr - pure bulldog

griff's goal - ooh-la-la

bulldog hierarchy - for keeping J Hill

sledges...
forward entries without BBBBB - confused

on a lighter note, while watching a mate turns to me and says..
'Libba's old man is here"
I reply...' you mean Libba ?'
he pauses and says 'Yeah '

Too funny!! :D

SlimPickens
06-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Maybe we could take over that end too. Make it the "Footscray West End". I'm not even sure it's west, I've never been good at geography ;)

Ha. I think you'll find Etihad runs north south. I suspect the AFL may be giving away free tickets if you turn up in your lifeguard gear this week.:p

w3design
06-04-2011, 11:59 AM
I noticed that on the stat sheet and can't believe. I will have to watch a replay but I was certain Gia laid 2 tackles in one passage of play.

His body pressure was very good.

Hill was one of the few to register a good tackle count the week before.

Tackles are only registered in stats if they force a ball-up for free kick, if I recall correctly.

AndrewP6
06-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Ha. I think you'll find Etihad runs north south. I suspect the AFL may be giving away free tickets if you turn up in your lifeguard gear this week.:p

Ruining a good post with logic. :D

BulldogBelle
07-04-2011, 03:04 PM

North Footscray then?

AndrewP6
07-04-2011, 10:44 PM
North Footscray then?

That's it! The North Footscray End!:)