PDA

View Full Version : Libba for the Rising Star?

Dry Rot
03-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Anyone else think he might get a nomination this week?

If he plays most games this year, he may have a good shot at the gong at the end.

Doggy
03-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Anyone else think he might get a nomination this week?

If he plays most games this year, he may have a good shot at the gong at the end.

He would have to be a big chance to be nominated this week!

Reckon I might put some hard earned on him to take out the title.

Does anyone know his odds?

LostDoggy
03-04-2011, 06:28 PM
The contested possessions he accumulated will give him a very good chance, the selectors do like a young player prepared to put his head over the ball and his body on the line

Mofra
03-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Halfway through the second quarter he had amassed 6 tackles.
Combine that with his quick hands, and he was probably the highlight of the day.

G-Mo77
03-04-2011, 06:33 PM
28 possessions 10 tackles. You would think he's a very good chance.

Pickenitup
03-04-2011, 06:49 PM
I hope he does probably only Luke Shuey could pip him this week

divvydan
03-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Probably going to be between Libba, Shuey and Tapscott for this week's nomination. All have good claims.

The Coon Dog
03-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Probably going to be between Libba, Shuey and Tapscott for this week's nomination. All have good claims.

As does Menzel from Geelong.

Flamethrower
03-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Sounds like Luke Tapscott is close to BOG at half time at the G, after to being close to BOG against Sydney last week - still cant believe they gave it to Heppell over Tapscott last week. :confused:

LostDoggy
03-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Does anyone know his odds?

Not sure about right now, I got him at $31 in the pre-season ;)

ledge
03-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Libba might be that special he might never play seconds football!

LostDoggy
03-04-2011, 07:55 PM
I am anchored to my seat on the Libba train. Oooooh, Hobdog has a man crush!

LostDoggy
03-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Rising Star for sure this week.

soupman
03-04-2011, 08:35 PM

Shuey and Tapscott may have something to say about that. Libba will get a nomination soon though.

Bumper Bulldogs
03-04-2011, 08:47 PM

The only thing holding him back is that he plays for the Dogs!

The AFL just will not give us a second chance.

divvydan
03-04-2011, 09:25 PM
As does Menzel from Geelong.

That he does although I thought he wasn't as good as the others in Rd 1 and will probably need to string a couple more games together to get a look in.

anfo27
03-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Halfway through the second quarter he had amassed 6 tackles.
Combine that with his quick hands, and he was probably the highlight of the day.

No probably about it he was the highlight for me. His hands is first class and his ability to get the handball away to the right option while being tackled or on the ground in a pack or just under immense pressure is unmatched by any kid playing their second game.

If Aker was the tackling coach last year then they should just make Libba junior the new tackling coach. Amazing a second gamer can show the rest of the squad how its done.

KT31
03-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Gets my unbiased vote.:p

LostDoggy
03-04-2011, 11:49 PM
They will proabably give it to that GC player who kicked their first goal (and for that reason alone)

(It is the AFL)

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 10:05 AM
No probably about it he was the highlight for me. His hands is first class and his ability to get the handball away to the right option while being tackled or on the ground in a pack or just under immense pressure is unmatched by any kid playing their second game.

If Aker was the tackling coach last year then they should just make Libba junior the new tackling coach. Amazing a second gamer can show the rest of the squad how its done.

Took me back. Just like his old man…

Ozza
04-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Surely Libba is a moral this week! I hope he doesn't get overlooked because he looks like a season campaigner!

LostDoggy
04-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Hope he get the Nomination next week so I can get some more money on him before the odds shorten(again).

We all know that he will get a nomination, if its not this week it will be next week, or the week after that, or the week after that.

Please remember that Joel Selwood won it in 2007 after his round 5 nomination, behind even Tom Hawkins who got the nod in round 2.

SlimPickens
05-04-2011, 01:41 PM
No joy for Libba this week, with Luke Shuey from the eagles getting the nod for round 2.

Won't be long for the young fella.

LostDoggy
05-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Maybe the panel figured it was easier to get 28 touches and 10 tackles against an inferior side, where Shuey did his work against a superior side and helped in an upset. But you'd think that would be outweighed by the fact Libba outperformed the rest of his team in a top 4 outfit.

LostDoggy
05-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Maybe the panel figured it was easier to get 28 touches and 10 tackles against an inferior side, where Shuey did his work against a superior side and helped in an upset. But you'd think that would be outweighed by the fact Libba outperformed the rest of his team in a top 4 outfit.

Agree...if our game was closer and we scraped over the line, he might of got it. So on that theory don't expect Libba to get one against GC this week! :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
06-04-2011, 01:18 AM
All this talk about Libba is really exciting, and when you consider that Wallis was/is considered a better long-term prospect, this could really be our version of Geelong's father/son superdrafts.

Don't the two have some sort of telepathic relationship on the footy field, having played together their whole lives? The next couple of years could be very exciting times for our midfield mix.

ratsmac
06-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Luke Shuey looks like he is going to be an absolute gun so there is complaining here. Libba will get his turn no doubt. I'm trying to squeeze Luke Shuey in my SC team but I don't want to trade to early. mmm what to do????
It's probably better that Libba gets the nod this week anyway (if he plays well) because we have the bye the following week and he wont feel the pressure for being nominated weighted on his shoulders so much.

LostDoggy
06-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Me, I want to see him nominated after Round 6.