PDA

View Full Version : Details of old match needed

Throughandthrough
04-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Mods, feel free to move to another thread if its in the wrong spot

Back ground, I was at a SANFL match on Saturday when Glenelg came storming home from 47 points behind during the last quarter and won

I just posted this on another site

Sorry to go off topic, but I was at another game with a similar come back, was the Western Bulldogs (Hooray) vs Crows (Boo) at the MCG in 1999 or 2000.

The Dogs (yay) were over 40 points down and won (but not that far back at 3/4 time)

Was at least one other person at both games, as a young Ken McGregor, in his first season at the Crows, missed a couple of shots at goal in the last quarter (from a fair way out)

I'll try and find the detail.

(Ken McGregor is Glenelg's forward coach)

Topdog
04-04-2011, 05:20 PM
http://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp?GameID=652&Code=bdff2ca5afd45b0ce62ec977687d85e3

that the one? Down by 40 @ 3qtr time.

easiest site to check with BTW.

http://finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?TeamID=7&SeasonID=1999&Go=Go

select season and check.

Throughandthrough
04-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Awesome!

Cheers

And Kym Koster (Glenelg's current runner) was there as well, so that makes at least 3 people at both matches!

Throughandthrough
04-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Hold that thought

I did see the match on channel 7 last year.

And I doubt Kenny or Kossie would want a copy...

dog town
04-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Hold that thought

I did see the match on channel 7 last year.

And I doubt Kenny or Kossie would want a copy... Things I remember.

Luke Darcy levelled the scores deep in the last.

Rohan Smith put us in front with a quick kick for a point.

Someone dislocated a knee for Adelaide. Possibly Stevens.

We were 40 points down at 3 quarter time.

Pretty sure Matty Croft had the ball when the siren went.

Sockeye Salmon
04-04-2011, 07:05 PM
What a month of footy that was!

Besides this game, we also came from about 25 pts down at the 20 min mark of the last v Geelong at Kardinia Park.

We were behing 8 goals to 1 at 1/4 time v Sydney in Sydney and won (Kelly dumped Libba after Libba maked, Libba goaled from the 50m penalty and back we come).

Grant kicks 5 in the 1st quarter and we smash North @ the G.

4 games in a row!

Twodogs
05-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Besides this game, we also came from about 25 pts down at the 20 min mark of the last v Geelong at Kardinia Park.

Hudson threw his boot at a ball that was bouncing over the boundary line in the forward pocket and somehow managed to kick it back over his shoulder into the goal square where Luke Darcy marked it deep into the last quarter. It was a only going to be a consolation goal because we were gone for all money. Some redheaded, bucktoothed Geelong supporting ****wit sitting in front of me turned around and said "Woof, woof, woof" to me trying to get a reaction out of me. He certainly got one when the siren went!

westdog54
05-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Things I remember.

Luke Darcy levelled the scores deep in the last.

Rohan Smith put us in front with a quick kick for a point.

Someone dislocated a knee for Adelaide. Possibly Stevens.

We were 40 points down at 3 quarter time.

Pretty sure Matty Croft had the ball when the siren went.

I'll add this: One of the goals in the last came out of a Paul Hudson tackle on Nigel Smart in midfield. Holding the ball free, chain of handballs ends in Smith's hands who slots a goal.

JohnGentStand
05-04-2011, 07:56 PM
i remember it was hug a stranger day when the siren went......happy days :)

Grantysghost
07-04-2011, 01:26 PM
I remember Stephen Powell kicking a typically wobbly high drop punt goal at the city end to either put us in front or close to it. It was a small sense of revenge after the two prelim losses, albeit no real compensation. But for the 30 minutes or so after the game it was great!

KT31
07-04-2011, 02:59 PM
i remember it was hug a stranger day when the siren went......happy days :)

Ahh, back in the days when you were allowed within 50 metres of a primary school.:D