PDA

View Full Version : Round 4 Discussion

Hotdog60
15-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Watching the game tonight do we see a small chink in the woobles Armour. Richmond's 3rd quarter was very good and quick ball movement seems to be the key, used the corridor a fair bit too. The tigers did it in the first quarter but turned it over with poor execution and got burned in the process. But the 3rd they were more precise and the woobles looked shakey down back especially when the tigers went for other players instead of Jack. A bit of poor kicking for goal and it would be a lot closer.

Remi Moses
15-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Collingwood are back on after going to sleep in the third.Just proves when you drop off other sides can get you. Having Said that the gulf now between the top sides and bottom rung sides is alarming.Going to get worse with GWS coming in.

Hotdog60
15-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Switched off, last quarter looks nasty. Richmond must have ran out of puff or mick gave the pies a roast to warm them up again.

BulldogBelle
15-04-2011, 10:22 PM
I still don't rate Obrien that highly.

Remi Moses
15-04-2011, 10:35 PM

Personally I disagree as his a great reader of the play and his run and carry (rarely gets tackled) is one of the best in the comp. The only slight I reckon is he sprays his kicks and can get caught one out on occasions.

LostDoggy
15-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Only listened to parts of the game - appears the Pies went to sleep but they certainly woke up in the last quarter and slammed 9 goals I think!

Doggy
15-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Personally I disagree as his a great reader of the play and his run and carry (rarely gets tackled) is one of the best in the comp. The only slight I reckon is he sprays his kicks and can get caught one out on occasions.

Another slight would be his lack of ticker. Tony Shaw on Foxtel pointed out 3 occasions in the drawn GF where Harry ducked his head (heard footsteps) while positioned in front of a marking contest.

G-Mo77
15-04-2011, 11:14 PM

Lets just say he plays his role well at the Pies, anywhere else I think he'd be exposed. I do think that about a few of the Collingwood players. There are quite a few of them who are certainly not stars but work together so well they make each other look like gold.

Teams win football matches.

Ghost Dog
16-04-2011, 12:16 AM
He's a funny character. I see him now and then at the spinning room, a poetry reading in Prahran
His footy is better than his poetry I must say, but he has a crack. Good on him. It's funny as nobody seems to know who he is there. He uses another name.
off the field he seems a really decent guy. On it, he annoys the bjesus out of me with is blocks from behind and general niggle.
That aside, he's a player I'd love to have in my team.

Greystache
16-04-2011, 08:05 PM
I went along to the Carlton vs Essendon today, quite an entertaining game. The one thing that really stood out to me was the treatment of Lachlan Henderson by the Carlton fans, they gave him the Bronx cheer in just the second quarter when he took his first mark, then proceeded to boo him all day, then finally in the 3rd quarter when it was announced over the speaker that he had been subbed the Carlton supporters went up as one in celebration. It was disgraceful, even the Essendon fans were disgusted.

Just makes the claims by some people that Bulldog supporters are the most disloyal in the league even more rediculous.

LostDoggy
16-04-2011, 08:07 PM
He looks good when we constantly kick it to him as per round 1 2010.

Remi Moses
16-04-2011, 10:08 PM
He looks good when we constantly kick it to him as per round 1 2010.

Just watched the Cats V Sydney game. Geelong just to polished for the Swannies.
Turned on to Fox and witnessing Port play their GF.Fair Dinkum you'd wonder why Port don't show this effort more often!Crows look ravaged by injury,gee the media had The Crows top 4 after round 1!!:rolleyes:

Remi Moses
16-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Another slight would be his lack of ticker. Tony Shaw on Foxtel pointed out 3 occasions in the drawn GF where Harry ducked his head (heard footsteps) while positioned in front of a marking contest.

Seen plenty of our players duck their heads!
Let's be honest he'd get a game for us

LostDoggy
16-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Just watched the Cats V Sydney game. Geelong just to polished for the Swannies.
Turned on to Fox and witnessing Port play their GF.Fair Dinkum you'd wonder why Port don't show this effort more often!Crows look ravaged by injury,gee the media had The Crows top 4 after round 1!!:rolleyes:

West Coast twice (although may not be quite the gimmy first thought), Port twice (well one down and ooooooops) GCFC twice and Brisbane twice. The draw is an absolute gift for top four but they might muck it up yet! I don't get Port's ups and down either. Strange club - glad it ain't mine :p

mjp
17-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Just makes the claims by some people that Bulldog supporters are the most disloyal in the league even more rediculous.

Jade Rawlings says 'Hi'.

LostDoggy
17-04-2011, 09:47 AM

Did either club have 8000+ members not sign from last year, even though they are both worse than us?
Also bagging Henderson 2nd year at Carlton 50 game veteran compared to Gia 10+ year 200 game is very different.

Sockeye Salmon
17-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Henderson is more in the Stack class of supporters hatred.

Carlton supporters have miles to go before they get to the Gia/Eagle/Ben Harrison/Streeta/Rawlings level.

Greystache
17-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Did either club have 8000+ members not sign from last year, even though they are both worse than us?
Also bagging Henderson 2nd year at Carlton 50 game veteran compared to Gia 10+ year 200 game is very different.

Essendon have 10,000 members this year that didn't sign up last year. 55 points suggests they're not worse than us.

10 year, 200 game veteran?? Did he only start copping it this year?? :confused:

In 20 years I've never heard anything at a Bulldog game that resembled anything like yesterday, they're not even close to comparable.

Greystache
17-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Henderson is more in the Stack class of supporters hatred.

Carlton supporters have miles to go before they get to the Gia/Eagle/Ben Harrison/Streeta/Rawlings level.

You clearly weren't there yesterday, the abuse for Henderson makes anything Eagleton ever copped look like light hearted ribbing.

mjp
17-04-2011, 05:28 PM
In 20 years I've never heard anything at a Bulldog game that resembled anything like yesterday, they're not even close to comparable.

Fair enough. The abuse I heard from Rawlings was the worst I can ever imagine...disappointing to hear the Carlton fans are going down the same track.

G-Mo77
17-04-2011, 05:34 PM

I'll have to take your word for it.

The guys behind me in the Bulldogs members area awful, each week I have to put up with them and I wonder why they keep buying their memberships. Last game they cheered when Gia went off after he took a knock to the head. I've had a go at them once last year but have bit my tongue ever since. I think I'll just request to be moved somewhere else in 2012 or even this year if I can. I don't want to sit near the scum much longer.

Ghost Dog
17-04-2011, 06:04 PM

The guys behind me in the Bulldogs members area awful, each week I have to put up with them and I wonder why they keep buying their memberships. Last game they cheered when Gia went off after he took a knock to the head. I've had a go at them once last year but have bit my tongue ever since. I think I'll just request to be moved somewhere else in 2012 or even this year if I can. I don't want to sit near the scum much longer.

Out of interest, what happened when you had a dig at them?

Greystache
17-04-2011, 06:15 PM

Every crowd has their flogs, some are just awful, the difference yesterday was it was 30,000 in unison. The only way I could describe it would be like the best player from an opposition team being dragged with 10 mins to go because he'd been awful and they were getting flogged at Football Park, except this was his own supporters.

G-Mo77
17-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Out of interest, what happened when you had a dig at them?

Not much really. The day I did bite back was after they were bagging Gia in the first quarter of the Saints game and was was playing quite well. It helped he put through a goal about 40 out shortly after and I asked him if that was good enough. His reply was it was a "soft ball get" :rolleyes: One quietened down for the rest of the season but after that he just started yelling stuff like Gia is my favourite player and other smart arse comments similar if he made a mistake. This season it's back to square one.

Gia cops the brunt of it but Williams, Hill, Stack and our team in general cop a fair spray each match from these idiots. Fortunately I have a few weeks at away games so I don't have to put up with them.

Every crowd has their flogs, some are just awful, the difference yesterday was it was 30,000 in unison. The only way I could describe it would be like the best player from an opposition team being dragged with 10 mins to go because he'd been awful and they were getting flogged at Football Park, except this was his own supporters.

That sounds really bad. Unfortunately Henderson has a lot to live up to, you think they would back off a little though because of what Fev has turned into.

Ghost Dog
17-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Well, good on you G-mo77.

Look, I understand a hearty rally cry ( 'Get up Higgins!, for example ) ' to our own, but calles of / weak / wanker or worse always make me furious.

I wonder what would happen if Gia stepped over the fence and stood directly in front of any of these types. Am almost certain they would not utter a word. It's pretty weak to say something to someone from the protection of a boundary you wouldn't to their face IMO.

Remi Moses
17-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Anyway getting back on topic
Freo smashing Norf right now (shame that) Freo well lead by the Pav and the angry ant (Ballantyne) Impressed with Fyfe (future star) Hill's useage is brilliant.The amount of poor ball use from North is a standout. Dogs on song should beat Freo .
Refused to watch the GC game,if Seven can't be arsed showing it live then why bother!
The Storm game was enjoyable. Shit form Seven:mad:

AndrewP6
17-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Anyway getting back on topic
Freo smashing Norf right now (shame that) Freo well lead by the Pav and the angry ant (Ballantyne) Impressed with Fyfe (future star) Hill's useage is brilliant.The amount of poor ball use from North is a standout. Dogs on song should beat Freo .
Refused to watch the GC game,if Seven can't be arsed showing it live then why bother!
The Storm game was enjoyable. Shit form Seven:mad:

GC showed a bit early, but the Dees took hold and kicked the intestines out of them.

AndrewP6
17-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Freo's Nick Suban broke his leg today vs Norf.

anfo27
17-04-2011, 09:54 PM
I went along to the Carlton vs Essendon today, quite an entertaining game. The one thing that really stood out to me was the treatment of Lachlan Henderson by the Carlton fans, they gave him the Bronx cheer in just the second quarter when he took his first mark, then proceeded to boo him all day, then finally in the 3rd quarter when it was announced over the speaker that he had been subbed the Carlton supporters went up as one in celebration. It was disgraceful, even the Essendon fans were disgusted.

Did they give it to Andrew Collins? he was clearly the worst player on the groud. I don't think I've seen anyone have a bigger mare than Collins?

Greystache
17-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Did they give it to Andrew Collins? he was clearly the worst player on the groud. I don't think I've seen anyone have a bigger mare than Collins?

Yeah he copped it from individuals in the crowd, the usual mindless stuff, no collective effort for him though.

LostDoggy
18-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Essendon have 10,000 members this year that didn't sign up last year. 55 points suggests they're not worse than us.

Yes we were better than Essendon in 2000 and Geelong in 2007 as well cos we beat them those years too. Most memebership are sold pre-season before the round 1 game anyway. Essendon have a membership record this season. If they are missing members from last year it got more to do the clubs treatment of Knights and the dishonesty of the club/Hird and Thompson than disloyal fans.

10 year, 200 game veteran?? Did he only start copping it this year?? :confused:

He started copping it when fans like yourself need a scapegoat. The 10 years and 200 games tells you he isn't as bad as many think.

Greystache
18-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Yes we were better than Essendon in 2000 and Geelong in 2007 as well cos we beat them those years too. Most memebership are sold pre-season before the round 1 game anyway. Essendon have a membership record this season. If they are missing members from last year it got more to do the clubs treatment of Knights and the dishonesty of the club/Hird and Thompson than disloyal fans.

Incoherent.

He started copping it when fans like yourself need a scapegoat. The 10 years and 200 games tells you he isn't as bad as many think.

You mentioned Gia, not me? Seriously have a look at yourself. :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
18-04-2011, 09:42 AM
You mentioned Gia, not me? Seriously have a look at yourself. :rolleyes:
So you are now denying you are one of his boo boys?

I suppose its easier for you to claim ignorance than say you might be wrong.

Sedat
18-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Perhaps Carlton fans might still be pining for that fat bloke with the gambling problem who is struggling to get a kick with his mates in the outer eastern suburbs.

From memory there was quite a lengthy queue lining up to pot the Dogs for not selecting Henderson at pick 5 in the 2007 ND. Queue not so long now.

Greystache
18-04-2011, 10:11 AM

Gia's neither my favourite nor my least liked.

You saying that, that's funny. :p

Now have the last word and we'll move on.

Greystache
18-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Perhaps Carlton fans might still be pining for that fat bloke with the gambling problem who is struggling to get a kick with his mates in the outer eastern suburbs.

From memory there was quite a lengthy queue lining up to pot the Dogs for not selecting Henderson at pick 5 in the 2007 ND. Queue not so long now.

No doubt that's the crux of the issue. When he was thrown in as the steak knives in the Fevola deal the Carlton supporters looked at his height, weight, the number he was drafted at, and decided he was a like for like replacement. When reality set in their resent toward him has overflowed.

To see Essendon supporters defending a Carlton player was a strange sight, they even took a breath from their umpire bashing to do it.

comrade
18-04-2011, 11:05 AM

Gia's neither my favourite nor my least liked.

You saying that, that's funny. :p

Now have the last word and we'll move on.

Gents, this does get a bit tedious after a while.

The Coon Dog
18-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Gents, this does get a bit tedious after a while.

I agree.

LostDoggy
18-04-2011, 11:49 AM
I agree.

I don't.
This is better than a soap opera.

bornadog
18-04-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't.
This is better than a soap opera.

Well like Chops, what gets tedious is people bagging Gia.

Mofra
18-04-2011, 01:39 PM
For anyone who watched the Freo game on the weekend, how did they go clearance-wise?

Only ask as we've been terrible this year and is an area we need to focus on. If Freo were on fire we could be in some trouble.

LostDoggy
18-04-2011, 05:17 PM
For anyone who watched the Freo game on the weekend, how did they go clearance-wise?

Only ask as we've been terrible this year and is an area we need to focus on. If Freo were on fire we could be in some trouble.

I havent seen the stats but North were really good in the clearances for majority of the game. Swallow and co seemed to be reading it off Sandilands really well.

However when Pavlich went into the guts he just dominated the centre clearances. Especially in the 3rd quarter. We really need a strong body to be with him at the stoppages when his in the middle.

North had the better of play in general IMO, just seemed to really fall down around half forward. Whereas Freo's forward line was contantly open and looking dangerous.

Hotdog60
18-04-2011, 05:35 PM
I havent seen the stats but North were really good in the clearances for majority of the game. Swallow and co seemed to be reading it off Sandilands really well.

However when Pavlich went into the guts he just dominated the centre clearances. Especially in the 3rd quarter. We really need a strong body to be with him at the stoppages when his in the middle.

North had the better of play in general IMO, just seemed to really fall down around half forward. Whereas Freo's forward line was contantly open and looking dangerous.

We'll bring in Big Will as a tagger, that will sort Pav out.