PDA

View Full Version : Roughead Report

bornadog
26-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Came at a crucial time in our forward 50. Sherman picked up the ball and kicked a goal but the ump stopped play and reported Roughead. Personally I thought he had eyes on the ball and was pushed into the Freo player. It was plainly play on.

Does anyone think he will get time for this one?

LostDoggy
26-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Looked a bit harsh in full motion. But replay shows him having eyes for the ball right up till contact where he goes into "protection mode". He'll be fine.
Probably play on 10yrs ago, but in todays netball rules the game must be stopped and hurt feelings forms must be filled out.

Flamethrower
26-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Regardless of whether it was reportable, it was a clear free kick to Fremantle.

There is no such thing as logic at the MRP, so who knows what Chooklotto will serve up.

LostDoggy
26-04-2011, 04:10 PM
There is no such thing as logic at the MRP, so who knows what Chooklotto will serve up.

Agree. Coming up against the Wheel of Misfortune. Shouldn't get anything..eyes on the ball, lowered arm when he saw the collision coming and slight push.

Scraggers
26-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Roughead cleared ... Just announced

Remi Moses
26-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Roughead should have had a free as Grover put hands into Roughy's back,forcing contact on the Freo player!

LostDoggy
26-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Roughead should have had a free as Grover put hands into Roughy's back,forcing contact on the Freo player!

If thats the case the Giesch should have the ump on notice for missing the first free. Doubt that will happen.

LostDoggy
26-04-2011, 08:02 PM

Jackson only got one for hitting Thompson. As much as I like people hitting Thompson, that is ridiculous.

Throw in Brown's two weeks for hitting Ward and Chooklotto is an apt description for what the MRP is serving up.

A player could stab his opponent with a knife and only get three weeks.

LostDoggy
26-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Jackson only got one for hitting Thompson. As much as I like people hitting Thompson, that is ridiculous.

Throw in Brown's two weeks for hitting Ward and Chooklotto is an apt description for what the MRP is serving up.

A player could stab his opponent with a knife and only get three weeks.

Aker stabbed everyone in the back and that was end of his career *

* ( I apologize for thread hijack, cheap shot opportunity taken )

LostDoggy
26-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Agree with you Remi. Grover infringed on Roughead before the collision forcing him into the other player.