PDA

View Full Version : What Changes for Round 20

bornadog
12-08-2007, 05:22 PM
In theory we can still make the finals but in reality I don't see it.

Grant must be doubtful and Gia may be in trouble with his shoulder.

In: Gilbee, Johnston, Street

Out: Grant, Gia, Darcy

LostDoggy
12-08-2007, 07:00 PM
We won't make it.

I tend to agree with the ins and outs although I'd bet McDougall will get dropped for team balance reasons.

LostDoggy
14-08-2007, 09:43 PM
i think we should stick with mcdougall for the rest of the year , just to find out whether he is needed for next year

Templeton31
15-08-2007, 11:30 AM
I cant see Darce getting dropped with 3 games of his illustrious career to go although I do think his form warrants it. Which makes me suspect that one of the "out of favour" duo of Skipper or Doogs will be dropped. I think both deserve to stay in the team but suspect thats what will happen.

LostDoggy
15-08-2007, 12:30 PM
I cant see Darce getting dropped with 3 games of his illustrious career to go although I do think his form warrants it. Which makes me suspect that one of the "out of favour" duo of Skipper or Doogs will be dropped. I think both deserve to stay in the team but suspect thats what will happen.
Even though Street played 2 good games at Werribee, I don't see what he brings to the senior side apart from being tall.
I wouldn't change the rucks even though from what I heard they were pretty poor last week. IMO Street won't change that and as mentioned before at least with Skipper and Darcy there is a chance they will play well.
Minson is the one I would try if he was fit as he played well on Hudson before.

LostDoggy
15-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Even though Street played 2 good games at Werribee, I don't see what he brings to the senior side apart from being tall.
I wouldn't change the rucks even though from what I heard they were pretty poor last week. IMO Street won't change that and as mentioned before at least with Skipper and Darcy there is a chance they will play well.

I'm 50/50 on Street. I don't think he should be promoted unless Skipper or Darcy is going to be dropped but from all reports he is playing well enough to crack it for a game.

bornadog
15-08-2007, 09:44 PM

We don't have much choice do we for rucks. The last four weeks we have lost hitouts by an average of 15 per game, which is significant.

LostDoggy
16-08-2007, 09:37 AM
We don't have much choice do we for rucks. The last four weeks we have lost hitouts by an average of 15 per game, which is significant.

Whats worse? Lose the hit outs or effectively have 17 men on the ground?

bornadog
16-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Whats worse? Lose the hit outs or effectively have 17 men on the ground?

Well, don't you think thats what we have now with the current rucks??

I just think we need to try something else, and Street is the only other ruck we have .

bornadog
16-08-2007, 06:40 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Lindsay Gilbee, Brian Harris, Dale Morris
HB: Andrejs Everitt, Tom Williams, Ryan Hargrave
C: Farren Ray, Scott West, Nathan Eagleton
HF: Daniel Giansiracusa, Brad Johnson, Robert Murphy
F: Shaun Higgins, Chris Grant, Jason Akermanis
FOLL:Luke Darcy, Adam Cooney, Matthew Boyd
I/C (from): Daniel Cross, Andrew McDougall, Jordan McMahon, Sam Power, Wayde Skipper, Peter Street, Stephen Tiller

In:Gilbee, Johnson, Street
Out: -

southerncross
16-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Interesting that McMahon has been put onto the bench. Any chance that Johnson hasn't come up?

FWIW, we look too top heavy and don't have a lot of run even with Gilbee back although a couple of the talls on the bench won't play. No Faulkner again.

LostDoggy
16-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Well, don't you think thats what we have now with the current rucks??

No, the only contested situation Street will find himself in is a ruck comp. If he was Polly Farmer then I'd udnerstand. He presence won't change the problem of our other midfielders having to win it. Apart from that he wouldn't help plug gaps or provide a link. The other are much better around the ground.
Swans got to 2 GFs with suss ruckman but least they helped around the ground.

mjp
16-08-2007, 09:51 PM
It seems a bit strange to me.

From the bench, I would have thought that from the last couple of weeks, Doogs, Tiller, Skipper and Power would all be 'IN'. I would have also thought that Cross and McMahon - despite recent form - are definites...cannot see any point in dropping Jordan now (what is the worst thing that happens if he plays? We lose?), but clearly two or three of them - though the Street selection baffles me - wont play...

I dont get it.

Mantis
17-08-2007, 08:57 AM
It seems a bit strange to me.

From the bench, I would have thought that from the last couple of weeks, Doogs, Tiller, Skipper and Power would all be 'IN'. I would have also thought that Cross and McMahon - despite recent form - are definites...cannot see any point in dropping Jordan now (what is the worst thing that happens if he plays? We lose?), but clearly two or three of them - though the Street selection baffles me - wont play...

I dont get it.

Yeah fair point, but you would think that Grant and Gia wouldn't play and as they are in the selected team it would allow 6 of the interchange players to play. Agree that Street would be the one to miss.

bornadog
17-08-2007, 09:25 PM
FINAL TEAM

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Gilbee, Harris, Morris
HB: Everitt, Williams, Hargrave
C: Ray, West, Eagleton
HF: Giansiracusa, Johnson, Murphy
F: Higgins, Grant, Akermanis
FOLL: Darcy, Cooney, Boyd
I/C: Cross, Skipper, Power, Street
EM: Tiller, McDougall, McMahon
IN: Gilbee, Johnson, Street
OUT: Tiller, McDougall, McMahon

GVGjr
17-08-2007, 09:37 PM
FINAL TEAM

WESTERN BULLDOGS

My guess is that Gia and Grant won't come up and McMahon and McDougall will slot back into the team.

Earlier in the year when the Crows thrashed us they worked over Gilbee by making him play deep in defence. Does anyone think the taller than normal defense is to make sure they don't do it again?

bornadog
18-08-2007, 02:21 PM
My guess is that Gia and Grant won't come up and McMahon and McDougall will slot back into the team.

Earlier in the year when the Crows thrashed us they worked over Gilbee by making him play deep in defence. Does anyone think the taller than normal defense is to make sure they don't do it again?

According to Grant last night on Foxtel, both Gia and grant will play, but who knows.

The backline is much taller than last time we played the crows when we didn't have Harris, Williams or Everitt.

westdog54
18-08-2007, 02:31 PM
FINAL TEAM

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Playing 3 ruckmen, very unusual.

Does anyone else think that Skipper will play forward for most of the time he's on the ground today?

We were exposed badly for lack of height last time around, could this be to force one of their talls back to defence?

Templeton31
18-08-2007, 04:12 PM
anyone watching werribee to know who is playing? I guess if you are watching you are probably there right now. :D

bornadog
18-08-2007, 06:08 PM
According to Grant last night on Foxtel, both Gia and grant will play, but who knows.

The backline is much taller than last time we played the crows when we didn't have Harris, Williams or Everitt.

Sorry that should read according to Eade.

GVGjr
18-08-2007, 10:02 PM
anyone watching werribee to know who is playing? I guess if you are watching you are probably there right now. :D

McDougall and McMahon played for the Bees and Tiller flew over to SA as per the normal process of taking an extra player.
Addison didn't play for the Bees today

Go_Dogs
19-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Was Addison injured? You can never be sure who is going to run out. It's a cold day down here and it almost looks like it could rain which would favor the Crows for sure.

GVGjr
19-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Was Addison injured? You can never be sure who is going to run out. It's a cold day down here and it almost looks like it could rain which would favor the Crows for sure.

Thats the big question. My guess is that he is injured.