PDA

View Full Version : Our opponents next week: the Crows

Dry Rot
12-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Not disgraced today against the leading team. Impressive defensive pressure to virtually stop the cats in the second quarter. Never gave up though well behind.

How can we beat their pressure? Will they get get back any experienced ruckmen?

Go_Dogs
12-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Hudson will play next week, missed this week due to club imposed suspension. They'll kill us.,

LostDoggy
12-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Wide open spaces, parochial crowd and a midfield that has caused us a lot of concerns is a big challenge for us.
This will be a very hard game for us considering our form of late.

Bulldog Revolution
12-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Wide open spaces, parochial crowd and a midfield that has caused us a lot of concerns is a big challenge for us.
This will be a very hard game for us considering our form of late.

Its impossible to be too optimistic when the Crows provide everything we have struggled with all year

They choke us midfield, put numbers back and we just find it so hard to score against them - we will need to chip the ball around similar to the st kilda game to have any hope - but our ability to do that is determined by actually winning the ball

Dry Rot
12-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Its impossible to be too optimistic when the Crows provide everything we have struggled with all year

They choke us midfield, put numbers back and we just find it so hard to score against them - we will need to chip the ball around similar to the st kilda game to have any hope - but our ability to do that is determined by actually winning the ball

And having our disposal spot on.

Was very impressed with Sydney's ability to hit targets under pressure last.

Topdog
13-08-2007, 09:27 AM
It's going to be a very long game and Im going to have to sit through all of it. Interstate trips are suppossed to be something you get excited about.

If we somehow increase our intensity by about 300% and work as a team and have a forward line that can function properly again we may be OK.

aker39
13-08-2007, 11:06 AM
It's going to be a very long game and Im going to have to sit through all of it. Interstate trips are suppossed to be something you get excited about.

If we somehow increase our intensity by about 300% and work as a team and have a forward line that can function properly again we may be OK.

I agree.

I am certainly not excited about going to Adelaide this weekend.

We can always hope for a miracle.

LostDoggy
13-08-2007, 11:36 AM
A belting is inevitable if the horrid performance on Saturday night is any indicator. My hat off to you dedicated supporters making the trip over.

Yes I will be praying for a miracle.

BulldogBelle
13-08-2007, 09:00 PM

We are going into this game as the underDOGS, I would not be suprised if we win this game. The pressure will be on Adelaide and luckily for us they are also not at their best - best opportunity to knock them off. Hope you enjoy your trip over there Topdog.

bornadog
13-08-2007, 11:54 PM
We are going into this game as the underDOGS, I would not be suprised if we win this game. The pressure will be on Adelaide and luckily for us they are also not at their best - best opportunity to knock them off. Hope you enjoy your trip over there Topdog.

Yes, agree, they aren't playing well but either are we. They do have the home ground advantage but we have won there in the past. Why are we playing Adelaide twice as a twighlight game on a Sunday?

BulldogBelle
14-08-2007, 12:11 AM
l think this might be a very long day for us.
You might need a drink or five while watching this one.

Topdog
14-08-2007, 09:15 AM

True they havent hit their straps yet either. Also usually after a piss poor performance a team will come out much stronger the next week so I do have a bit of hope, but we will really need to lift our game.

Go_Dogs
14-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Also usually after a piss poor performance a team will come out much stronger the next week so I do have a bit of hope.

Like after the Geelong game? :D I got my tickets last night. I was almost not going to go - but since it's been about a year since I've been and watched the Dogs live, I'm going. Don't think we'll have much to smile about on Sunday.

aker39
14-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Like after the Geelong game? :D I got my tickets last night. I was almost not going to go - but since it's been about a year since I've been and watched the Dogs live, I'm going. Don't think we'll have much to smile about on Sunday.

Are you sitting in Bay 119?

I think we will all be together.

aker39
15-08-2007, 01:10 PM
I contacted the club and there are no official supporter functions being held.

Very disappointing in my opinion, especially considering the number of South Australians we have playing for us.

Go_Dogs
15-08-2007, 01:25 PM
The seat I managed to get with my father is up high in the Northern Stand (the newer stand at AAMI). All we could get at that stage sadly.

Also, agree with the point in your above post re: no function combined w/ our long list of SA players. Surely that is something that the families of players and their friends would enjoy and something that the club could look at.

aker39
15-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Surely that is something that the families of players and their friends would enjoy and something that the club could look at.

The club actually told me that there is a new person in charge of the SA Supporter Group and that they hope to have a function organised for next year.