PDA

View Full Version : Round 6 Games

The Coon Dog
29-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Gee Melbourne looked off the pace against the Eagles last night.

Good share of goals up forward by the Eagles too with Darling, Embley & Lynch all kicking 3.

chef
29-04-2011, 08:01 AM

Good share of goals up forward by the Eagles too with Darling, Embley & Lynch all kicking 3.

They just couldn't get started and Darling looks like an awesome prospect as long as he can stay out of trouble.

BulldogBelle
29-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Hmmmm

Didnt Melbourne have the bye in Round 5....and they had to travel to Perth...and play the Gold Coast the week before their bye

The Adelaide Connection
29-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Hmmmm

Didnt Melbourne have the bye in Round 5....and they had to travel to Perth...and play the Gold Coast the week before their bye

Maybe, just maybe, we are not as in quite as bad shape as we thought. A 5 day break with Collingwood and then a 6 day break in Canberra (versus a Swans 8 day break) may continue to make it look that way though.

mjp
29-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Maybe, just maybe, we are not as in quite as bad shape as we thought. A 5 day break with Collingwood and then a 6 day break in Canberra (versus a Swans 8 day break) may continue to make it look that way though.

We are going pretty well...next month of footy is very tough though. Most of us hoped we would be sitting 4-1 after our first 5 games - atm it looks like 2-3 with a % of 100 is about the best we can hope for.

Not a disaster but not ideal.

Remi Moses
29-04-2011, 03:12 PM

Could we have picked up Darling with the Sherman pick?
West Coast have a bargain,noticing West Coasts forward pressure.
Their kicking looks to have improved,their intensity has improved.
Melbourne on the other hand looked beaten at the start complete lack of intensity and enthusiasm. Said it before Dean Bailey is in trouble he can't get any effort out of this group.
No leadership and for the life of me they should have kept James Mcdonald

Maddog37
29-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Losing Bruce and McDonald the way they have seems to have taken some heart out of the team.

We will face a similar dilemma soon with some of our players. Hope it is later rather than sooner.

DOG GOD
29-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Green looks totally uninterested to me and is in probably the worst form of his last 6-7 years. Cant get near the ball and when he does he looks slow, fumbles etc.

1eyedog
29-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Eagles look okay but I'm still miffed how a bottom 3 side who were terrible last year can be as Darcy says 'an exciting and difficult team to beat both at home and away'.

I guess I underestimate self belief.

Ghost Dog
29-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Could we have picked up Darling with the Sherman pick?
West Coast have a bargain,noticing West Coasts forward pressure.
Their kicking looks to have improved,their intensity has improved.
Melbourne on the other hand looked beaten at the start complete lack of intensity and enthusiasm. Said it before Dean Bailey is in trouble he can't get any effort out of this group.
No leadership and for the life of me they should have kept James Mcdonald

No regrets on the Shermanator. He's a little terrier. Looks like he's slotting in nicely.
Fingers crossed he and Jones can become our Reiwoldt and Milne ( minus their low-brow misadventures of course )

Remi Moses
29-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Chris Judd Football club looked good tonight. Thought the game opened up which suited Carlton and Judd carried them over the line.(groundhog day)Longmire left young Smith on Betts to long,realistically we should beat Sydney next week.

Sedat
30-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Judd ia an amazong footballer. His clearance work in the 2nd half was as top shelf as you can get, against a team that normally thrives in the wet, loves the smaller ground, and eats up opponents in stoppage-laden games. He ended up with almost 20 clearances and about 26 contested possessions (out of 31 total possessions). He is one of the best mids to have played the game.

Excellent win on the road by Carlton, and we really should confortably accound for the Swans next week if we play near to our capacity. We definitely have a higher gear than Sydnay.

bornadog
30-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Judd ia an amazong footballer. His clearance work in the 2nd half was as top shelf as you can get, against a team that normally thrives in the wet, loves the smaller ground, and eats up opponents in stoppage-laden games. He ended up with almost 20 clearances and about 26 contested possessions (out of 31 total possessions). He is one of the best mids to have played the game.

Excellent win on the road by Carlton, and we really should confortably accound for the Swans next week if we play near to our capacity. We definitely have a higher gear than Sydnay.

Stuffed up my tips. I will have to reassess Sydney as I also picked them to beat Geelong up there in the wet.

The Adelaide Connection
30-04-2011, 10:09 AM
I would like to see Judd stop trying to earn free kicks by dropping the ball and throwing his arms back. I know he is successful at it, but he is good enough let's see him win it fairly all the time. Even better I would like to see an ump with balls to call him for dropping the ball.

Ghost Dog
30-04-2011, 11:53 AM

Never underestimate the bloods.
They did lead for most of the game.
The ' worm' graph at the end of the game showed their dominance until the end.
Carlton just willed themselves back into it. Judd, like a stubborn ox in the wet, head down with three opponents at a timetrying to lock him up. Unbelievable.
Swans looked like a bunch of Jockeys running round out there in the strip:D.
Goodes carries on for frees like an italian striker. :rolleyes:

They have some younger players who didn't contribute much.
McVeigh, Kenelly, some quality players who won't be taken lightly by Dogs MC

Hotdog60
30-04-2011, 12:10 PM
I saw Everitt not looking to get dirty at one stage, fair enough it might be hard coming in for one quarter but you think you would be really keen for the contest. Just stood there with the ball 2 metres in front of him waiting for it to get push in his direction.

Desipura
30-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I saw Everitt not looking to get dirty at one stage, fair enough it might be hard coming in for one quarter but you think you would be really keen for the contest. Just stood there with the ball 2 metres in front of him waiting for it to get push in his direction.

I don't think he will ever have a set position to play. Vespa is a leading forward, I just hope he fulfills his potential.
A very early call however I think we will break even in this trade....... at worst

Maddog37
30-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Goodes was disappointing last night after half time. No second efforts after he looked like he was gonna tear the game apart early. Gibbs killed him and not for the first time either.

Jack getting injured really hurt them too IMO. He s their best player now after Goodes.

Judd is a tough hombre with class to match. Amazing last night. Curnow is so consistent too. Top win for the Blues.

Remi Moses
30-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Goodes was disappointing last night after half time. No second efforts after he looked like he was gonna tear the game apart early. Gibbs killed him and not for the first time either.

Jack getting injured really hurt them too IMO. He s their best player now after Goodes.

Judd is a tough hombre with class to match. Amazing last night. Curnow is so consistent too. Top win for the Blues.

Just get ready folks as there will be 4 umpires next week.
The three maggots and Adam Goodes.

Maddog37
30-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I thought Goodes was trying to fly at times with the amount of arm flapping he was doing. He was sooking it up big time to the umpires. At least with BBBH not playing the umps might not get too sucked into that sort of stuff.

azabob
30-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Just get ready folks as there will be 4 umpires next week.
The three maggots and Adam Goodes.

Not sure thats needed.

Umpires do a fairly good job with umpiring the game, considering the amount of decisions needed each game and then take into account the rule changes each year.

Go_Dogs
30-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Harper has looked ok for North today in his first game. He's going to be one worth keeping an eye on I think.

Maddog37
30-04-2011, 04:40 PM
If you could have one player from Port, who would you choose?

Mantis
30-04-2011, 06:27 PM

Boak.

Greystache
30-04-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't think he will ever have a set position to play. Vespa is a leading forward, I just hope he fulfills his potential.
A very early call however I think we will break even in this trade....... at worst

Vez was also an elite inside midfielder in his underage days. If he can build up his tank he could be quite versatile.

chef
30-04-2011, 06:44 PM

Gray.

Maddog37
30-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Just for our team this year.

LostDoggy
30-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Well, the Aints just got beaten by the Crows - blimey that was a hard one as I dislike both teams really! :D

aker39
30-04-2011, 10:39 PM
I wonder if the Saints will be fined for the doctor not advising the interchange steward that Reiwoldt was concussed.

Remi Moses
01-05-2011, 01:32 AM
Not sure thats needed.

Umpires do a fairly good job with umpiring the game, considering the amount of decisions needed each game and then take into account the rule changes each year.

Sorry capt serious.:rolleyes:

Remi Moses
01-05-2011, 01:36 AM
Stkilda would have won that game 12 months ago.
So many poor kicks,Crows looking at the next month should be 5 4.
It just looks like going the extra mile now is beyond that group.

LostDoggy
01-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Not sure thats needed.

Yes I agree they have issues outside their area not helping them but they shouldn't be excused. They are easily influenced by crowds, have favorites, dislike others and often love the attention.

LostDoggy
01-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Essendon doing a number on Gold Coast.

jazzadogs
01-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Essendon doing a number on Gold Coast.
Just a little bit.

I'm sure the Essendon supporters won't overreact to it though.

Ghost Dog
01-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Callan Ward, I hope you're watching

Maddog37
01-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Callan Ward, I hope you're watching

What does this mean?

azabob
01-05-2011, 02:24 PM
What does this mean?

If he goes to GWS

Topdog
01-05-2011, 02:43 PM

whoever gets paid the least on their list. That way it won't hinder us when we sack him after 2 weeks.

Most pathetic collective of players ever to call themselves a team.

Ghost Dog
01-05-2011, 03:23 PM
If he goes to GWS

Exactly. They'll get up the ladder eventually, but who wants to be the first to go to a new club and endure these kinds of losses? Might make a few think twice and I hope ward is one.

Remi Moses
01-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Found it strange Bluey McKenna on3AW last night doing the Tiger Lions game.
Still find it strange that the Suns didn't go with more harden VFL types, just to get the young players through. Not great for club culture getting pantsed every week, or a young footballers confidence!

azabob
01-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Found it strange Bluey McKenna on3AW last night doing the Tiger Lions game.
Still find it strange that the Suns didn't go with more harden VFL types, just to get the young players through. Not great for club culture getting pantsed every week, or a young footballers confidence!

As in he did special comments?

That is kinda bizarre. Especially considering the backlash Ablett coped from staying in Melbourne an extra day after our game.

The Adelaide Connection
01-05-2011, 11:26 PM

Gray or Rodan.

lemmon
01-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Gray or Rodan.

Gray was pathetic against North, the guy plays for himself, hardly works, would never want him in a dogs jumper. On needs Ive always been a bit of a Surjan fan, wouldnt mind having another half back runner either, Rodan or even Motlop wouldnt been too bad either.

AndrewP6
01-05-2011, 11:44 PM

Rodan.

Doc26
02-05-2011, 12:21 AM

Boak although a healthy Hartlett wouldn't be far away

LostDoggy
02-05-2011, 08:33 AM
No matter how bad Port are, they should never have lost to GCS last week. When in a pratically a 2 horse race, 1 pays $18 prior the bounce and $26 in the last quarter, if they lose, there should be a major enquiry. I hope at least the money went to Port's debt.

Maddog37
02-05-2011, 01:06 PM
For us this year I would be tempted to go with Brogan.

jazzadogs
02-05-2011, 01:10 PM
For us this year I would be tempted to go with Brogan.
We'd want Westhoff over Brogan. Brogan is too similar to Minson/Hudson.

Personally I'd be happy with Rodan...zippy midfielder who can run forward and kick an opportunistic goal would complement Sherman nicely.

Topdog
02-05-2011, 01:24 PM
No matter how bad Port are, they should never have lost to GCS last week. When in a pratically a 2 horse race, 1 pays $18 prior the bounce and $26 in the last quarter, if they lose, there should be a major enquiry. I hope at least the money went to Port's debt.

It's Port. This happens far too often from them. Mentally weak and too many players that don't care.

Go_Dogs
02-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Boak although a healthy Hartlett wouldn't be far away

Agree with these two, and would also add Trengove.

Pearce isn't what we need, and while Gray has some good traits, he's a bit inconsistent and injury prone at this stage (so is Hartlett mind you).

The Adelaide Connection
03-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Gray was pathetic against North, the guy plays for himself, hardly works, would never want him in a dogs jumper. On needs Ive always been a bit of a Surjan fan, wouldnt mind having another half back runner either, Rodan or even Motlop wouldnt been too bad either.

Yeah you raise a good point re: Gray, he can be a bit of a downhill skier and is probably a polar opposite to Rodan, who is team first and who will always chase and try his heart out no matter what the score is.

As for Motlop, I wouldn't go near him. The guy has some freakish skills and his best is brilliant, but he is ill-disciplined, often lazy and his worst is a despicable waste of talent. The joy he would bring would not be worth the stress and frustration he would cause.

LostDoggy
03-05-2011, 01:02 PM
I would probably roll the dice with Trengrove.

Didn't Rodan kick a goal for us up in Darwin? That was hilarious.