PDA

View Full Version : Motlop punch.

EasternWest
01-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Anyone see the incident when the North fan punched Motlop over the fence? Reminded me a bit of the girl that gave Johnno a beer shower.

What do people think of it?

There's not much in the actual punch, but it's pretty inappropriate behaviour IMO.

It also made we wonder how many times fan/player contact happens that we don't hear about.

LostDoggy
01-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Should be banned from Etihad for life, if stadium management are serious about the issue.

Ghost Dog
01-05-2011, 12:28 PM
In the best interests of the kid alone, let alone player safety, Port should push the issue.
IF he's allowed to get away with it, sets a dangerous precedent.
One gets the feeling nothing will be done unless they table a complaint.
Their macho attitude might cause them to forget about as its just a kid who was the offender, it but that kind of thingshould be stamped on hard.
Written, Face to face apology plus some sort of time out from games would be appropriate IMO

LostDoggy
01-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Saw it, then on the Sunday footy show, Brayshaw stood up for him saying he ejected himself and banned himself from the cheer squad for a year. Not good enough. Don't try and smooth stuff this over like it was nothing, James you flog. Disgraceful act, the players should have more protection than this. What the hell is the security for if they aren't doing their job properly?

Should have copped a ban on attending AFL for a minimum of 2 years.

LostDoggy
01-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Saw it, then on the Sunday footy show, Brayshaw stood up for him saying he ejected himself and banned himself from the cheer squad for a year. Not good enough. Don't try and smooth stuff this over like it was nothing, James you flog. Disgraceful act, the players should have more protection than this. What the hell is the security for if they aren't doing their job properly?

Should have copped a ban on attending AFL for a minimum of 2 years.

Totally agree, alexxx.

Flamethrower
01-05-2011, 01:17 PM
The public humiliation of being named and shamed by the media, along with his self imposed ejection from the game and ban from the cheer squad is more than enough punishment.

Calls for year long and lifetime bans from AFL games are overkill, and I doubt they could be enforced anyway. This sort of thing happens far more often than most people know, especially behind the goals where there is a lot of interaction between the cheer squads (and fans pretentding to part of the cheer squads) and players.

LostDoggy
01-05-2011, 01:35 PM
The public humiliation of being named and shamed by the media, along with his self imposed ejection from the game and ban from the cheer squad is more than enough punishment.

Calls for year long and lifetime bans from AFL games are overkill, and I doubt they could be enforced anyway. This sort of thing happens far more often than most people know, especially behind the goals where there is a lot of interaction between the cheer squads (and fans pretentding to part of the cheer squads) and players.

I am basing it on previous bans that stadium has given people at different sporting events, which didn't involve touching a player.

Maddog37
01-05-2011, 02:22 PM
No real harm done and if the culprit apologizes in writing and shows genuine remorse then all is ok I reckon.

Topdog
01-05-2011, 02:49 PM
That sets the wrong example if you let him get away with it.

AndrewP6
01-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Ban for the rest of the year is enough, IMO.

westdog54
02-05-2011, 02:37 AM
I'm flabbergasted that he was allowed to stay by security.

I'd be happy to see him forfeit his membership for the remainder of 2011 and be banned from all other venues until the start of next season. Beyond that leave it to Motlop himself and to Port Adelaide as to whether they want action taken directly against the supporter.

LostDoggy
02-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Motlop kicked a low punch, head height along the crowd, endangering people, when all that was needed was a dribble through. Lucky the goose only got a love tap.

Topdog
02-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Motlop kicked a low punch, head height along the crowd, endangering people, when all that was needed was a dribble through. Lucky the goose only got a love tap.

Incorrect.

LostDoggy
02-05-2011, 08:28 PM
I think it was more of a slap than a punch. But touching an AFL player when he's on the field is just wrong and he should be banned for the season.

LostDoggy
06-05-2011, 09:31 AM
As he didn't hurt Motlop, it really comes down to deterrance. He banned himself, and obviously shown much remorse for a stupid split-second decision that's cost him a year's worth of footy.

I've never left/been ejected in my life, just that alone would pull me up short.

Agree with other posters that he should forfeit his membership for a year, apologise in writing to Port and Motlop, and let that be that.