PDA

View Full Version : 3AW Rumour file Monday 2/5

Bumper Bulldogs
02-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Not sure but cant seem to find a post on WOOF.

3AW today had a caller ring up and state that rumour has Mick Malthouse coaching the Dogs next year.

If true would he really be better than Rocket?

Would we be better to explore a young untried coach like Hird or the Scotts?

Do we stay with Rocket?

AndrewP6
02-05-2011, 10:20 PM
I'll take the Rumour File with a grain of salt.

As for coaches, I think Eade should stay. However, the more time goes on, the more I think he'll be moved on if we don't make the GF this year. Just a feeling. Not sure we could afford Malthouse - and he's left us once already. I'm very wary of an untried coach.

azabob
02-05-2011, 10:23 PM
I'll take the Rumour File with a grain of salt.

As for coaches, I think Eade should stay. However, the more time goes on, the more I think he'll be moved on if we don't make the GF this year. Just a feeling. Not sure we could afford Malthouse - and he's left us once already. I'm very wary of an untried coach.

I hear what you are saying but what experienced coaches are out there that you would want?

We were burnt with Rhode as an untried but had great success with Wallace.

I have great confidence in our footy department appointing the senior coach for 2012 if that is tried or untried coach.

Greystache
02-05-2011, 10:32 PM
It's time for a change, my opinion is Eade has run his race in AFL footy, but I can't see Malthouse coming to the Dogs. Wherever he coaches next you can be sure it'll be a club with lots of money, resources, and everything a coach could want to be successful. Malthouse won't take any chances.

AndrewP6
02-05-2011, 10:41 PM
I hear what you are saying but what experienced coaches are out there that you would want?

I have great confidence in our footy department appointing the senior coach for 2012 if that is tried or untried coach.

Eade.

azabob
02-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Eade.

Good answer!

bornadog
03-05-2011, 12:26 AM
Not sure but cant seem to find a post on WOOF.

3AW today had a caller ring up and state that rumour has Mick Malthouse coaching the Dogs next year.

If true would he really be better than Rocket?

Would we be better to explore a young untried coach like Hird or the Scotts?

Do we stay with Rocket?

The way Malthouse jumped ship back in 1989 forget it don't want him anywhere near the club.

Rocket has been fantastic for the club and I would give him another two years.

Remi Moses
03-05-2011, 03:52 AM
The club nearly jumped ship in 89.Yeah I'd have him back in a heartbeat,but in saying that I think Rocket's doing a good job!

MrMahatma
03-05-2011, 04:11 AM
Realistically, while Smorgan says it's GF or bust - from a pure business point of view, our sponsors would have to be happy with us being top 4, finals performers for the past 3 years. Outside of making a GF, Eade has done very well.

While "who dares, wins" - I think this year we can bank another finals campaign, and with the youth we have, we'll probably be there abouts for the next 4-5 years if Eade stayed on. I'd be surprised if we moved him on - unless a premiership coach put his hand up and wanted the job, and at a financially palatable price. Choco Williams springs to mind...

Mantis
03-05-2011, 07:32 AM
While "who dares, wins" - I think this year we can bank another finals campaign, and with the youth we have, we'll probably be there abouts for the next 4-5 years if Eade stayed on. I'd be surprised if we moved him on - unless a premiership coach put his hand up and wanted the job, and at a financially palatable price. Choco Williams springs to mind...

He will take over from Sheedy at GWS.

chef
03-05-2011, 08:05 AM

Roos.

Bulldog Joe
03-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Realistically, while Smorgan says it's GF or bust - from a pure business point of view, our sponsors would have to be happy with us being top 4, finals performers for the past 3 years. Outside of making a GF, Eade has done very well.

and hasn't he left Port in such an enviable position:rolleyes:

LostDoggy
03-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Roos.

This.

Is he still based in Sydney?

Re Malthouse, it always warms my heart when he talks about our club and calls them Footscray. I really believe he has a major soft spot for us (and not just the everyone's second club feeling). He was basically untried when he coached us, his mud had barely dried on his boots.

Junkyard Dog is another that springs to mind and where is Pagan at? Been a bit quiet over the last few years.

Realistically it's got to be someone either just out of the game, or the coaching equivalent

Mofra
03-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Malthouse would be great - 89 is long gone, but he simply cannot coach anywhere else next year.

We simply don't have the $3m+ to pay out his contractual commitment to Collingwood, along with his rumoured $900k pa salary (which is supposedly $350k-$400k more than any other coach in the competition).

I dare say Eade wouldn't be happy with Roos taking his job again.

ratsmac
03-05-2011, 10:49 AM

Eade, Malthouse, Roos.
In that order!

Greystache
03-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Why?

We've been there abouts for 3 years but haven't really made any great strides in bridging the gap between us and the top 2-3, we've failed to beat to beat top 4 teams for the entirety of his tenure and that doesn't look like changing, and we're making minor improvements to our game here and there while other teams are making significant improvement.

Eade's done a great job taking us from a laughing stock under Rhode to a regular finalist, and is very good at building a team up from the bottom and making them competitive, but I think he struggles against the modern press and team structured football and relies on individual brilliance to beat the top teams. I don't think he has the ability to find the extra few percent needed to take a team from there abouts to premier.

Mantis
03-05-2011, 11:09 AM
We've been there abouts for 3 years but haven't really made any great strides in bridging the gap between us and the top 2-3, we've failed to beat to beat top 4 teams for the entirety of his tenure and that doesn't look like changing, and we're making minor improvements to our game here and there while other teams are making significant improvement.

At the end of the 2009 season we beat 3 top 4 or 5 teams in a row so your statement is not correct... The fact that we played like a pack of scared school boys in the QF that followed cannot be blamed on the coach.

The end of the 2010 season was an abortion due the unhealthy state of our list, and season 2011 hasn't started much better.

If by the end of this year if we still haven't made in-roads (or atleast taken steps to do so) against the big guns then perhaps, but at this point of time any call to dismiss the coach is way premature.

Greystache
03-05-2011, 11:25 AM
At the end of the 2009 season we beat 3 top 4 or 5 teams in a row so your statement is not correct... The fact that we played like a pack of scared school boys in the QF that followed cannot be blamed on the coach.

The end of the 2010 season was an abortion due the unhealthy state of our list, and season 2011 hasn't started much better.

If by the end of this year if we still haven't made in-roads (or atleast taken steps to do so) against the big guns then perhaps, but this point of time any call to dismiss the coach is way premature.

I'm on a train so can't check just at the moment, but I heard on the radio our record in the past 3 years against top 4 teams is 2 wins from 16 games which proves we struggle to beat them. We beat Collingwood in a round 22 game of keeping off, hardly a top of the table clash, Geelong was a good win but they were still trying to get their team in shape for the finals. I'm not suggesting we sack the coach mid season, but in the likely event we don't make any further progress this year it's time for a change.

OLD SCRAGGer
03-05-2011, 11:31 AM
The way Malthouse jumped ship back in 1989 forget it don't want him anywhere near the club.

Rocket has been fantastic for the club and I would give him another two years.

I'm all for Rocket to stay. But IF he get's moved on :mad: I'd try for ROOS !!

OLD SCRAGGer
03-05-2011, 11:36 AM

Eade's done a great job taking us from a laughing stock under Rhode to a regular finalist, and is very good at building a team up from the bottom and making them competitive, but I think he struggles against the modern press and team structured football and relies on individual brilliance to beat the top teams. I don't think he has the ability to find the extra few percent needed to take a team from there abouts to premier.

Didn't it take Malthouse 10 -11 years to get a Flag with the Pies? I know he made 2 Grand Finals in 2002 + 2003 but never got the chocolates, I'm in favour of keeping Rocket !!

Maddog37
03-05-2011, 11:46 AM
I feel we need a change on one hand as I believe a new message would be good for some of our players and would refresh the whole group. Someone with a clear and unclouded view of each players worth to the team.

On the other hand I see some evidence that Rocket is going the other way and rather than change the coach he is changing the players. I would be happy to see Rocket oversee the renewal of our list if we are starting on a rebuild.

I do think this is Rockets crunch year.

Nuggety Back Pocket
03-05-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm on a train so can't check just at the moment, but I heard on the radio our record in the past 3 years against top 4 teams is 2 wins from 16 games which proves we struggle to beat them. We beat Collingwood in a round 22 game of keeping off, hardly a top of the table clash, Geelong was a good win but they were still trying to get their team in shape for the finals. I'm not suggesting we sack the coach mid season, but in the likely event we don't make any further progress this year it's time for a change.

I agree that it might be time to make a change. The feedback from Hawthorn has been very positive on Leon Cameron. With now a developing list it might be time to look at a younger coach like Cameron who has now been in the system for long enough to make the next step. The injection of Hird and Chris Scott at Essendon and Geelong respectively has rejuvenated their playing lists, which could follow suit with the Western Bulldogs.

bornadog
03-05-2011, 03:09 PM

If by the end of this year if we still haven't made in-roads (or atleast taken steps to do so) against the big guns then perhaps, but at this point of time any call to dismiss the coach is way premature.

Its round 5, I agree Mantis, lets wait and reassess at the end of the year

Just checked the records, including finals, we have had 6 wins and 13 losses with 4 within a goal.

You said earlier its time to change and Eade has run his race??? now you change your mind

dogman
03-05-2011, 03:39 PM
The rumour that I have heard from a strong source is, that Malthouse is off to Carlton. Apparentley deal already done. Unless Ratten gets great results this year, then Malthouse gets shafted like Wallis was shafted by Sydney. :D

ratsmac
03-05-2011, 04:16 PM
The rumour that I have heard from a strong source is, that Malthouse is off to Carlton. Apparentley deal already done. Unless Ratten gets great results this year, then Malthouse gets shafted like Wallis was shafted by Sydney. :D

Unless your source is Mick Malthouse I wouldn't look to far into these rumours. Its all hear say and it doesn't take long for these rumours to snowball into utter bulldust

Greystache
03-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Just checked the records, including finals, we have had 6 wins and 13 losses with 4 within a goal.

You said earlier its time to change and Eade has run his race??? now you change your mind

6 out of 19 is a very poor return, just backs up my position.

I haven't changed anything, Eade's taken us as far as he can, we're not going to break the cycle above, so at the end of the season it's time to move on.

In the extremely unlikely event we break the cycle and we beat the top teams and make a grand final then I'll change my mind. Nothing points to this happening.

Kelso @ Mt Eliza
03-05-2011, 04:33 PM
anyone BUT Eade.... time for a change... we will tread water or worse until we have some revamped player development, revamped style and confidence, as well as a fresh approach that only a new head coach can bring in... Can anyone remember when we beat a top 4 side!?!? I'd rather be a contender than a consistant performer... Eade protects and stays with the tried and true... we need to change our methods.. and divide to conquor.. take a gamble.. take a risk.. play our big bodies through the middle and back.. play man on man when the ball is in dispute, spread and kick long when we don't.. i've no doubt we are not playing to our full potential... Carn the Scray...

Remi Moses
03-05-2011, 04:47 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how people can make a decision on a coach after 5 weeks!
I think he's game plan has been good enough it's our playing group that isn't good enough.
Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood have been better than us, it's a fact. Even Stkilda who had a better top 6 than us were better.

Ghost Dog
03-05-2011, 06:26 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how people can make a decision on a coach after 5 weeks!
I think he's game plan has been good enough it's our playing group that isn't good enough.Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood have been better than us, it's a fact. Even Stkilda who had a better top 6 than us were better.

GOOD enough in many ways but at times don't follow instructions or do the simple things right. Like kicking straight. It only takes 1 goal to change the momentum of the game. But its a sport and there's no silver medal here. kicking straight is part of being good enough.

Ghost Dog
03-05-2011, 06:33 PM
anyone BUT Eade.... time for a change... we will tread water or worse until we have some revamped player development, revamped style and confidence, as well as a fresh approach that only a new head coach can bring in... Can anyone remember when we beat a top 4 side!?!? I'd rather be a contender than a consistant performer... Eade protects and stays with the tried and true... we need to change our methods.. and divide to conquor.. take a gamble.. take a risk.. play our big bodies through the middle and back.. play man on man when the ball is in dispute, spread and kick long when we don't.. i've no doubt we are not playing to our full potential... Carn the Scray...

Throwing a first gamer into the midfield against the premiers doesn't sound like playing the tried and true to me.

LostDoggy
03-05-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm for Eade. Things will work themselves out here.
Not sure why people think Roos would be good. Highly unlikely to 'degrade' himself by coming to the Bulldogs. Its all about himself.
Once a knob, always a knob. Made out to look like Fitzroy hero but went to Sydney for the money. Had a chance to be the Chris Grant of Fitzroy but the club died after he left.

choconmientay
03-05-2011, 06:39 PM
I wonder what Eade could have achieved (more) with our list if we had the same budget available as the bigger clubs like Collingwood/Hawthorn or Essendon. It is always harder to get the maximum out of a minimum budget. IMO, Eade has done quite well the last few years with what was available to him.

Ghost Dog
03-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Not sure why people think Roos would be good. Highly unlikely to 'degrade' himself by coming to the Bulldogs. Its all about himself.
Once a knob, always a knob. Made out to look like Fitzroy hero but went to Sydney for the money. Had a chance to be the Chris Grant of Fitzroy but the club died after he left.

Disagree. I love Roos. A great coach and thinker. Whatever gets us a flag, or whoever really.
Agree with the above post really. 80,000 members to 30,000 is some difference.

LostDoggy
03-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Roos.

Yep, would take him in a heart beat.

Flamethrower
03-05-2011, 07:26 PM
I cannot see any possible way that we could afford Michael Malthouse. It would take a massive sum to buy out his contract with Collingwood, and then we would still need to pay him in the vicinity of $1 million a season.

I can't see Paul Roos coaching us either for less than $1m a season. I think he will end up at Carlton if Kernahan pulls the plug on the Ratten era.

Unfortunately for Eade, AFL football is a results driven business, and anything less than a top 4 finish may see the club decide to move in a different direction. Tactically he is brilliant - the multiple game plans he employed against Collingwood worked very well. It was just unfortunate that the short break post the visit to Perth caught up with the players in the last quarter, as well as a few players not playing to instruction. Yes I mean you Brian Lake.

It will be interesting to see what he employs against the Swans this week, who have tweeked their own system since John Longmire took over from Paul Roos. The Swans play a completely different system to Collingwood, so the system we used against the Pies would be smashed against the Swans.

GVGjr
03-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Simply speaking we have other more urgent needs to be looking at as a club than replacing the coach. Our recruiting team needs an overhaul otherwise it wouldn't matter who was coaching the side and how many assistant coaches we have.

Lets wait until round 16 or 17 before assessing the coach. 3 top 4 finishes is nothing to be sneezed at and he should be given the full season at the very least.

Bumper Bulldogs
03-05-2011, 07:51 PM

I haven't changed anything, Eade's taken us as far as he can, we're not going to break the cycle above, so at the end of the season it's time to move on.

In the extremely unlikely event we break the cycle and we beat the top teams and make a grand final then I'll change my mind. Nothing points to this happening.

I think you will also find that we haven't have a full and healthy list when it comes to finals time so all in all I think we have got really good result, we just need the world to align and the chocolates are ours.

Remi Moses
03-05-2011, 08:36 PM
I think you will also find that we haven't have a full and healthy list when it comes to finals time so all in all I think we have got really good result, we just need the world to align and the chocolates are ours.

Would have been nice to have a fit Dale on Capt Diver.
Good Point

LostDoggy
03-05-2011, 09:04 PM

I'd be very careful listening to any stats like that quoted in the media. You have to ask: Wins against teams who were top 4 at the time? Or by the end of the year? Or are top 4 now? What conditions were faced? What injuries did we have? Were we coming off 6 day breaks after flying west and playing tough games in humidity after a bye? They all sound like excuses but at the end of the day, these blokes are human, and us simply demanding success because we've waited a long time unfortunately isn't enough reason to sack a coach.

Without looking at the specific factors of each match, any journo quoting our record against the top 4 teams is quite frankly looking at it from a very shallow and ill-thought-out position.

If the board wants to take a long, hard look at what's actually wrong, instead of sticking to the old Footscray tradition of just sacking the coach to please fans, and they decide that a) Rocket isn't performing to the level required AND b) There is somebody better waiting outside the doors.

If that happens I'll accept their decision, they're more qualified to make it than I. For mine, I want Rocket.

Simply speaking we have other more urgent needs to be looking at as a club than replacing the coach. Our recruiting team needs an overhaul otherwise it wouldn't matter who was coaching the side and how many assistant coaches we have.

Lets wait until round 16 or 17 before assessing the coach. 3 top 4 finishes is nothing to be sneezed at and he should be given the full season at the very least.

100% agree.

bornadog
03-05-2011, 10:06 PM

Totally agree Chops, can't stand this public figure of his, Mr Nice guy, but behind closed doors a tool. Couldn't even talk to Hall while he was at the club, had to text him to say your out.

bornadog
03-05-2011, 10:13 PM

On Sunday we had 10 players in the team that didn't play in last years final against the Pies. The team on Sunday was probably the youngest team we have fielded for many many years, the average age being younger than Collingwood, plus 9 players had less than 50 games in them including three first year players, plus Jones who has only played 8 games.

I think you need to reassess your statement.

bornadog
03-05-2011, 11:05 PM

Agree its a poor return, but half those 13 losses were last year when we had no luck with injury, and 4 games were decided by a kick.

Lets wait till the end of season before we start discussing coaching changes.

the banker
03-05-2011, 11:20 PM
I do not think this is a productive thread. It is way too premature to be discussing this. Lets support all at the Club in our endeavours this year.

Criticism is interesting and worthwhile but white-anting is cheap and disruptive.

There will be the appropriate time to re-open this thread. IMHO.

LostDoggy
03-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Malthouse is contracted to the Pies as Coaching director for next 3 years, I believe (might even be 5 yrs). He also has not got in his contract that he can leave early and coach another team.
Why do ppl therefore keep saying that he will be our next coach (next year)

Ghost Dog
03-05-2011, 11:53 PM
I do not think this is a productive thread. It is way too premature to be discussing this. Lets support all at the Club in our endeavours this year.

Criticism is interesting and worthwhile but white-anting is cheap and disruptive.

There will be the appropriate time to re-open this thread. IMHO.

The calls to sack, rumours and such are knee jerk stuff. I'd much prefer some constructive criticism.

LostDoggy
04-05-2011, 02:33 AM
Grant Thomas?

LOL

Remi Moses
04-05-2011, 02:59 AM
On Sunday we had 10 players in the team that didn't play in last years final against the Pies. The team on Sunday was probably the youngest team we have fielded for many many years, the average age being younger than Collingwood, plus 9 players had less than 50 games in them including three first year players, plus Jones who has only played 8 games.

Good get, notice it never gets reported by the press.
To say we haven't blooded players is absolute utterB/S.I'd hazard to guess Schofield and possibly Skinner will play this season then there's Howard .

Remi Moses
04-05-2011, 03:04 AM
Totally agree Chops, can't stand this public figure of his, Mr Nice guy, but behind closed doors a tool. Couldn't even talk to Hall while he was at the club, had to text him to say your out.

My Uncle met Roos at a Fitzroy after match function back in the Junction Oval Days.
Not a nice person by all accounts.
Don't watch "On The Couch" Next Monday, There'll be man love everywhere with Roos and Lyon together!

MrMahatma
04-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Good get, notice it never gets reported by the press.
To say we haven't blooded players is absolute utterB/S.I'd hazard to guess Schofield and possibly Skinner will play this season then there's Howard .
We've also played DJ & Stack this year so far - they weren't in the final. Plus a big chance that Vez & Cordy may both get games this year.

We're actually transitioning a load of blokes at the moment. We've got a lot of talent on the list.

Maddog37
04-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Tutt will maybe get a run too. Also Mulligan who was supposedly terrible has shown improvement at Willy.

Topdog
04-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Roos and Malthouse would both be good but I'm not sure sacking Eade will achieve much.

The Coon Dog
04-05-2011, 12:15 PM
For those wanting to give Rocket the flick, maybe have a read of this thread as it puts some things in perspective:

Magpies spend $20m to buy flag (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9193)

LostDoggy
04-05-2011, 10:01 PM

This.

I'm a supporter of Eade. I think he has been unfairly singled out... when really we have lacked 1-2 key players to contest consistently at the top. He got the best out of our players in last years prelim despite us struggling with injuries. That's as good as we were. We also missed gettable goals that we shouldn't have. That can't be Eade's fault.

And the players seem to respect him.

GVGjr
04-05-2011, 10:09 PM
This.

I'm a supporter of Eade. I think he has been unfairly singled out... when really we have lacked 1-2 key players to contest consistently at the top. He got the best out of our players in last years prelim despite us struggling with injuries. That's as good as we were. We also missed gettable goals that we shouldn't have. That can't be Eade's fault.

And the players seem to respect him.

I think 90% of the forum regulars appreciate what Eade has done but in a contract year with an under performing list some speculation is bound to happen. I'm confident he will turn this around and get another 2 years stint but if we just limp into the finals the discussions about his future will continue.

Just a couple of things though, given some of the goal kicking sessions I have seen are largely unsupervised I'm not sure players missing gettable goals should not be attributed in some way to the coaching team. We don't practice this skill professionally and our results at times reflect that.

kruder
04-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Eade will not be coaching next year mark my words. If someone could point out improvements in the game plan this year id love to see it! Our current press and lack of forward pressure is a blight on the coaching staff and the buck stops with the coach.

Like many I've been wanting the coaching staff at the Bulldogs to make a statement with under performing senior players yet Lakes form and fittness is due to the fact that they brought him back way too early.

Someone at the bulldogs should take the blame. Not Brian in this case. Both Brian and Cooney shouldnt be playing at the moment.

Before I Die
04-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Eade will not be coaching next year mark my words. If someone could point out improvements in the game plan this year id love to see it! Our current press and lack of forward pressure is a blight on the coaching staff and the buck stops with the coach.

Like many I've been wanting the coahing staff at the Bulldogs to make a statement with under performing senior players yet Lakes form and fittness is due to the fact that they brought him back way too early.

Someone at the bulldogs should take the blame. Not Brian in this case. Both Brian and Cooney shouldnt be playing at the moment.

Eade is the most successful coach we have ever had measured on win/loss ratio and he has managed to continually develop young players throughout this period.

For the last few years everyone has bagged St Kilda's style of play and now Collingwood has one a premiership, forward pressure is the only way to go. If Geelong or Fremantle or the Dogs win it this year, there will be a new 'best practice'.

Eade will be judged at the end of the year on his game plan and the performance of the players. My guess is that he will be coaching the Dogs next year.

The Coon Dog
04-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Eade will not be coaching next year mark my words.

Fact, or just your opinion?

kruder
04-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Coon Dog, my opinion.

I think we are lucky that Melbourne and St kilda are currently taking all the heat, but things will change quickly if we dont get a few wins against quality oppersition.

The sydney game is a huge game for the senior group and the coaching staff, lets just hope they apply themselves like Dale Morris, who has been an absolute standout this year.

The Coon Dog
04-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Coon Dog, my opinion.

Thanks for clarifying. The way you stated it, I thought you knew something concrete.

For what its worth, I get a bit worried when we have a few losses & people start to call for the coaches head as a result. I really do believe we'll improve as the season progresses & look back at Geelong a few seasons ago, when people were questioning Bomber Thompson. Those better placed at the Cattery stuck fat & that's what I hope we do.

LostDoggy
05-05-2011, 12:29 AM
If history serves, we will come out and thrash SYdney this week. Have a another few good wins against poo opposition, then lose in a big game against quality opposition.

Hope this doesn't happen, but that's seems to be the Bulldog way unfortunently

strebla
05-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Thanks for clarifying. The way you stated it, I thought you knew something concrete.

For what its worth, I get a bit worried when we have a few losses & people start to call for the coaches head as a result. I really do believe we'll improve as the season progresses & look back at Geelong a few seasons ago, when people were questioning Bomber Thompson. Those better placed at the Cattery stuck fat & that's what I hope we do.

Nothing else to say Coon Dog hit the nail on the head.

Ghost Dog
05-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Coon Dog, my opinion.

I think we are lucky that Melbourne and St kilda are currently taking all the heat, but things will change quickly if we dont get a few wins against quality oppersition.

The sydney game is a huge game for the senior group and the coaching staff, lets just hope they apply themselves like Dale Morris, who has been an absolute standout this year.

Matty's doing well, but Dale would have been an equally good captain. Just don't need to worry about his effort , ever.