PDA

View Full Version : Round 7

EasternWest
06-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Looks like Rodan's done his knee.

Shame, I love that kid.

LostDoggy
06-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Whoever said Hawthorn are going to worry us needs to have a re think. Two very average teams.

Remi Moses
06-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Unimpressive display by Hawthorn.Massive issue with teams marking inside their back half,nowhere near top 4 for mine.

Ghost Dog
06-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Didn't Rodan tear them to bits early on? Hope it's a medial.
Who was saying Hawthorn are better than us? Maybe on the day, but not tonight IMO.
Port - maybe not "the Pakistan of the AFL" afterall ^_^ Made hawthron work for it.

DragzLS1
07-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Hawks didn't impress me much tonight.

They have been lucky to get away with 4 wins thus far.

If we loose to them in round 10 I would be very surprised.

Remi Moses
07-05-2011, 01:52 AM
Didn't Rodan tear them to bits early on? Hope it's a medial.
Who was saying Hawthorn are better than us? Maybe on the day, but not tonight IMO.
Port - maybe not "the Pakistan of the AFL" afterall ^_^ Made hawthron work for it.

They're still the "Pakistan" of the AfL .How do you explain being 40 PTS up on a bunch of kids and last weeks lamentable 38 tackles and flogging from an ordinary side. Yeah the effort was good, but it's only every so often.

mjp
07-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Based on 2007 ==> now, aren't Hawthorn the Pakistan of the AFL?

Go_Dogs
07-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Based on 2007 ==> now, aren't Hawthorn the Pakistan of the AFL?

Was thinking this last night. I guess Hawthorn have the excuse that they have a large Port presence.

Topdog
07-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Whoever said Hawthorn are going to worry us needs to have a re think. Two very average teams.

Are we a good side? I think we are just above average at the moment.

Mantis
07-05-2011, 10:47 AM

Who are the good teams?

Collingwood, Geelong & ......

Mantis
07-05-2011, 10:54 AM
How bad was the decision to pay the mark to Hodge deep in the 3rd qtr?

The resulting goal was a huge momentum changer.

Hotdog60
07-05-2011, 11:09 AM
How bad was the decision to pay the mark to Hodge deep in the 3rd qtr?

The resulting goal was a huge momentum changer.

Hodge playing on would have been some sort of indicator to the ump that maybe he didn't have first purchase.

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 11:18 AM

There is a lot of talent on our list though.

I think we are a good side going through a rough patch. We just need to keep working
hard until a few cards start falling our way. We have played a lot of kids , the intensity
at the contest under Boyd's leadership has been consistently pretty good. I've been impressed with him.
A few of the kids have dropped their heads occasionally but for the main part we have
not as a team dropped our heads.

Things are very fluid at the moment with our lineup and we are a long way from settling down into our best 22.
If we can scrape a win today and get on a bit of a roll, get some players back, I'm confident we can come good. We miss Wood, a fit Higgins, a fit Cooney , a fit Lake, Gia and Hall . Sherman and Libba have been fantastic pickups.

bornadog
07-05-2011, 12:14 PM
The sub made an impact last night. Lets hope Skinner does the same.

Go_Dogs
07-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Who are the good teams?

Collingwood, Geelong & ......

Agree.

Essendon and Freo are going OK at the moment but will possibly fade as the season goes on.

Collingwood some way in front and Geelong looking like the only possible challenger.

comrade
07-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Did anyone watch Richmond just destroy the team that pipped us a couple of weeks ago?

I'm scared for next week.

Remi Moses
07-05-2011, 06:59 PM
We'll go in as underdogs against the Toiges next week.
Getting flogged by the Tiges not good for top 4 aspirations!
Just another day at the office for Geelong , who look Collingwood's only challenger

Hotdog60
07-05-2011, 07:00 PM
They look fast and deadly, it will be tough.

Remi Moses
07-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Did anyone watch Richmond just destroy the team that pipped us a couple of weeks ago?

I'm petrified about next weeks game,they seem to have the wood over Freo.
Fremantle are a 10 goal better side at home. Be prepared they'll be out of the woodwork for next weeks game!

The Pie Man

Missed opportunity for Freo - and I agree, the prospect of the Tiger army 'up & about' is just awful. Not a good week to run into them on a 3 game winning streak.

GVGjr

A massive game for us. The Tigers are a very quick side now and can expose us. Eade will need to pull all the right levers as a loss to the Tigers will put this team right under the microscope with the media.

The Pie Man
07-05-2011, 07:06 PM
A massive game for us. The Tigers are a very quick side now and can expose us. Eade will need to pull all the right levers as a loss to the Tigers will put this team right under the microscope with the media.

Might be already there tomorrow morning - but yes, it would surely multiply with another loss

The Pie Man
07-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Suns with a good lead at half time, this could almost make up for us losing today....almost.

The goal that hit the post will surely see some heavy rotation through the week - funny as

Sedat
07-05-2011, 10:06 PM
GC are level on points with the Dogs :o

Greystache
07-05-2011, 10:17 PM

Good thing we belted them to stay ahead on percentage. :o

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 11:46 PM

I was just looking at the ladder on the AFL website and was going to post the same thing.
After round 6 the Suns and the Dogs are on the same points. Who would have picked that one???

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 11:47 PM
And are ahead of StKilda.

Go_Dogs
08-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Good thing we belted them to stay ahead on percentage. :o

And that mighty Brisbane side :o

Have to admit, Brisbane being as poor as they are makes me smile, although sad Port are no longer the only pathetic side to get beaten by GC. :D

Remi Moses
08-05-2011, 01:57 AM
Gold Coast deserved that win,enjoyable game that one.Matt Maguire looks done I can't believe he gets a gig. Heat's going to be on Vossy as well as Rocket this week!

Hotdog60
08-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Gold Coast start to gel they will get dangerous, when most of the junior players get to the 50 game mark they will be in contention to win a lot of games.

Remi Moses
08-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Watching WC Bombre game, just staggered how far we've slipped in comparison .
WC have played to tall for mine leaving to much to Priddis and Kerr.

chef
08-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Watching WC Bombre game, just staggered how far we've slipped in comparison .WC have played to tall for mine leaving to much to Priddis and Kerr.

Amazing what a change of coach(es) can do to some sides.

Topdog
08-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Amazing what a change of coach(es) can do to some sides.

WC didn't change and they look a heap better.

It's hard to stay up for so long. We spent 3 years as the 3rd best side in the league and our players don't seem capable of playing with the same intensity now. Perhaps the belief is that they won't win the flag now.

Maddog37
08-05-2011, 06:23 PM

And we are worse than average at present.

chef
08-05-2011, 06:38 PM
WC didn't change and they look a heap better.

It's hard to stay up for so long. We spent 3 years as the 3rd best side in the league and our players don't seem capable of playing with the same intensity now. Perhaps the belief is that they won't win the flag now.

They do, they look a more mature side and I wish we had their intensity.

Flamethrower
08-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Melbourne are the new "flat track bullies". Crush weak sides like Gold Coast and Adelaide, and get smashed by the good sides like Hawthorn and West Coast.

GVGjr
08-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Melbourne are the new "flat track bullies". Crush weak sides like Gold Coast and Adelaide, and get smashed by the good sides like Hawthorn and West Coast.

I don't look at it that way. They came under heavy criticism and answered their critics in a strong manner. Time will tell if it's a one off.

bornadog
08-05-2011, 07:58 PM
I don't look at it that way. They came under heavy criticism and answered their critics in a strong manner. Time will tell if it's a one off.

Adelaide are also under massive pressure, after today.

Ghost Dog
08-05-2011, 08:21 PM
And we are worse than average at present.

Hi Maddog. Are we really average? or underachieving? It's one thing to not have the engine, but it's another to have it and not be in top gear.

If we had simply gotten a few simple things right V Sydney we would have been there. Similar for the Freo match. Fine tuning, better technique and self belief. Not Kamakazi attacks thanks Mr Boyd.

Topdog
09-05-2011, 09:30 AM

They do this all the time though. It's been a recurring theme for the past 2 years.

Maddog37
09-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi Maddog. Are we really average? or underachieving? It's one thing to not have the engine, but it's another to have it and not be in top gear.

If we had simply gotten a few simple things right V Sydney we would have been there. Similar for the Freo match. Fine tuning, better technique and self belief. Not Kamakazi attacks thanks Mr Boyd.

I reckon sometimes you can be blinded by potential when in reality if you just look at the facts it is pretty obvious. Scoring shots were very lopsided at times in all of the Pies, Freo and Swans games. If they kick straight it is all over.

Our team is not playing as a team. We may have potential but until it comes to fruition it is not gonna win games. There is no guarantee potential will ever be realized.

I am glad I am not coaching cos there is a lot of hard yakka to come.

Ghost Dog
09-05-2011, 02:40 PM
I reckon sometimes you can be blinded by potential when in reality if you just look at the facts it is pretty obvious. Scoring shots were very lopsided at times in all of the Pies, Freo and Swans games. If they kick straight it is all over.

Our team is not playing as a team. We may have potential but until it comes to fruition it is not gonna win games. There is no guarantee potential will ever be realized.

I am glad I am not coaching cos there is a lot of hard yakka to come.

Hi Maddog
good point really re potential papering over the simple things.

On paper we have a great list, but as you say, teamwork is a bit down.
the days of our end to end plays and flashy passing skills ...hello?
I keep expecting our old patterns to come out. yes... pass to Gillbee, now he passes to Bob...Bob to X....X grabs the ball and DUH! fumble, turnover.....
It's like this constant interruption of flow owing to poor skills and bad decisions.
Most frustrating.

Maddog37
09-05-2011, 03:10 PM
There was one passage of play that resulted in Jones goaling from 50 that I loved though so we can do it. I think Stack and Ward were involved which is encouraging.

Remi Moses
09-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Hard to get a positive from the School Girl v Cheats game on an 90 min delay!
Listening to the coverage it seemed the usual Stkilda snore bore, another game after coming back they'd win last season.