PDA

View Full Version : Round #8 Match Committee

GVGjr
07-05-2011, 10:00 AM
If you were on the Match Committee who would the likely ins and outs for the round 8 home game against the improving and very quick Richmond Tigers?

GVGjr
07-05-2011, 04:56 PM
What changes for next week?

G-Mo77
07-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Hudson Out!!!!

That's all until I finish watching the Willy game which will be in a couple of hours.

I'll be back. :)

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Out: Jones, Hudson
In: Roughy ,Dallahaus (looks very good in the 5 minutes i've seen)

was considering Sam Reid, but as i was typing it, looks like he injured his groin

GVGjr
07-05-2011, 05:00 PM

was considering Sam Reid, but as i was typing it, looks like he injured his groin

Dahlhaus can't be played.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-05-2011, 05:01 PM

Unless there is a long term injury out of today's games, then Dahlhaus cannot play, he is a rookie listed player.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Out: Hudson, Skinner, Stack, Jones
In: Roughead, Higgins, Hall, Addison

Happy Days
07-05-2011, 05:05 PM
In: Higgins, Hall

Out: Skinner, Jones

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Dahlhaus can't be played.

Rookie?
That's a bit disappointing, he looked like he could have added some much needed pressure and pace.
Either way, with the way we played today, i don't think we can afford to play 2 ruckman and Jones. Clearly didn't see the VFL today other than a couple minutes

IN: Roughy, Libba (forgot about him anyway)

I think we were probably a bit tall, and to be honest, i thought out of Hudson and Minno, when they weren't in the ruck they were almost invisible other than the first 5 minutes. Jones' kicking was incredibly frustrating. I've been a bit disappointed in Roughy this season, but he's got some talent. I thought Hall was a week off still and i think we're better off giving him the benefit of the doubt.

always right
07-05-2011, 05:10 PM

Does Stack go out simply because he's Stack....or were you critical of his game today?

bornadog
07-05-2011, 05:12 PM

FFS, why Stack, he played well today picking up 23 disposals?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-05-2011, 05:18 PM
FFS, why Stack, he played well today picking up 23 disposals?

maybe a bit rough, but I would like to see how effective those 23 were.
I am recalling a few times where he lost his man in the forward line, I'd say led to a couple of goals, and some poor decisions with the ball, and still fumbly below the knees.
I've been keen to see him get an extended run, and am by no means a constant bagger of him. I really thought he was a liability in defense today.
Eade seemed to think so at quarter time as wel, and I don't think much changed as the game wore on.

Rocco Jones
07-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Does Stack go out simply because he's Stack....or were you critical of his game today?

Stack gets that, huh?

I think we need to bite the bullet and try to develop a 2nd ruck in the side. It won't work if we just doing it once every 6-7 games. Roughead doesn't seem to have the ability up forward to warrant selection and the Hudson/Minson combo didn't work well in a game that would suit it more than most. I think that our 'best' option is Barlow but he is on the rookie list. Perhaps Skinner?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like our part timer 2nd ruck options but it's a slightly less strong dislike than having two of Minson/Hudson/Roughead in the side. On a sidenote, I think that if we give Minson the number 1 spot he can really improve as a player.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-05-2011, 05:20 PM

I am not one of the constant baggers of Stack or any player for that matter.
As I just posted I thought there were some specific errors from him today.

bornadog
07-05-2011, 05:25 PM
I am not one of the constant baggers of Stack or any player for that matter.
As I just posted I thought there were some specific errors from him today.

I don't think the backline was the issue today, it was our forward line. Both teams had 55 forward entries yet they had 23 scoring shots to our 15. Jones, Grant butchered the ball today, Sherman was not effective, Hill went up there didn't do much and Murphy almost won us the game. Not sure what Gilbee's role was today.

comrade
07-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Stack gets that, huh?

I think we need to bite the bullet and try to develop a 2nd ruck in the side. It won't work if we just doing it once every 6-7 games. Roughead doesn't seem to have the ability up forward to warrant selection and the Hudson/Minson combo didn't work well in a game that would suit it more than most. I think that our 'best' option is Barlow but he is on the rookie list. Perhaps Skinner?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like our part timer 2nd ruck options but it's a slightly less strong dislike than having two of Minson/Hudson/Roughead in the side. On a sidenote, I think that if we give Minson the number 1 spot he can really improve as a player.

I don't think Skinner adds any more value than Roughead up forward and will be a much worse ruckman.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I don't think the backline was the issue today, it was our forward line. Both teams had 55 forward entries yet they had 23 scoring shots to our 15. Jones, Grant butchered the ball today, Sherman was not effective, Hill went up there didn't do much and Murphy almost won us the game. Not sure what Gilbee's role was today.

I agree by and large the backline was not the issue and I think our forward line was ineffective mainly because of the midfield not using the ball well when they had it, nor working hard enough or cleverly enough when the didn't.
That said, and we know it is an issue, our forward line pressure was again lacklustre as the game wore on.

Rocco Jones
07-05-2011, 05:30 PM
I don't think Skinner adds any more value than Roughead up forward and will be a much worse ruckman.

I agree. My 'perhaps' was out of utter desperation. Hudson/Minson combo, Roughead and any of our part time ruck options are all poor options IMO, which poor option do we pick?

If our season keeps on sucking, I think we should just play Roughead to get games into him.

Rocco Jones
07-05-2011, 05:31 PM

I think Gilbee's really struggling. Not wanting to take a pot shot at him because I think his commitment has been good in the last 2 games but the game just looks to have gone past him. I hope I am wrong.

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Some of Stacks decisions and kicks were woeful but I wouldn't drop him. Didn't deserve to be dropped the other week either.

Jones/Skinner and Huddo Out..

Roughie and Higgins if ready or Djerka? in.

comrade
07-05-2011, 05:33 PM
I agree. My 'perhaps' was out of utter desperation. Hudson/Minson combo, Roughead and any of our part time ruck options are all poor options IMO, which poor option do we pick?

If our season keeps on sucking, I think we should just play Roughead to get games into him.

I'm with you. Huddo looks cooked :(

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Please do not play Djerrkura, we need people who don't butcher the ball.

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Please do not play Djerrkura, we need people who don't butcher the ball.

I think hes a good sub option. Forgot to record Willy game, 17 possies would be interested to see how effective they were. Named in the bests along with Cordy, Hooper, Dalhaus.

lemmon
07-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Stack gets that, huh?

Jeez a Cordy type forward/ruck would be a great fit for this side. No doubt hes not ready and its an unrealistic option but there's nothing wrong with dreaming :o

bornadog
07-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Personally, I wouldn't drop Jones. He made some bad errors such as kicking into the man, but he presents well and chases and tackles, he is still learning.

Rocco Jones
07-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Jeez a Cordy type forward/ruck would be a great fit for this side. No doubt hes not ready and its an unrealistic option but there's nothing wrong with dreaming :o

You know what would be ironic? Having Roughy and Cordy as our ruck combo in a few years and crying for an out and out 1st ruck. :)

Rocco Jones
07-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Personally, I wouldn't drop Jones. He made some bad errors such as kicking into the man, but he presents well and chases and tackles, he is still learning.

Can we play Jones in the same side as 2 ruckmen and Hall?

bornadog
07-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Can we play Jones in the same side as 2 ruckmen and Hall?

Why not, Collingwood play, Jolly, Brown, Dawes and Cloke

comrade
07-05-2011, 06:01 PM

They're midfield is good enough to give them ample opportunities and then press up to lock it in. Our midfield is going half rat power which isn't helping our forwards.

Rocco Jones
07-05-2011, 06:02 PM

Not sure you can compare Jolly, Brown, Dawes and Cloke to Minson, Hudson/Roughead, Jones and Hall when it comes to mobility.

Brown suits the modern day 2nd ruck role perfectly. His run off Will in the 4th quarter to kick a goal is a good example of the added mobility.

Both Dawes and Cloke are much more mobile than Hall.

DOG GOD
07-05-2011, 06:12 PM
In - Hall, Libba, Schofield
out - Skinner, Wallis, ???

Like to see schofield in with the rats king and nahas next week.

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 06:14 PM

I reckon you have hit the nail on the head with this one. Some people simply name Stacky to go simply because he is Stack.

Remember Ray and Eagleton.

I'm suprised they havent also picked on Moles because he is a favourite with some too.

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Cordy may not be far away from a call-up as he was named in the best players for Willi today. Also noticed that DJ was very good.

bornadog
07-05-2011, 06:23 PM
I reckon you have hit the nail on the head with this one. Some people simply name Stacky to go simply because he is Stack.

Remember Ray and Eagleton.

I'm suprised they havent also picked on Moles because he is a favourite with some too.

Moles doesn't get enough of the ball for a midfielder. He only touched it 13 times today. Goes missing quiet a bit. Did kick a spectacular goal.

Rocco Jones
07-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Moles doesn't get enough of the ball for a midfielder. He only touched it 13 times today. Goes missing quiet a bit. Did kick a spectacular goal.

Yep. I actually think our fans are nice/fair with Moles. With a few ins next week, I think he might need to go back to Willy.

G-Mo77
07-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Cordy may not be far away from a call-up as he was named in the best players for Willi today. Also noticed that DJ was very good.

I watched the game and he really didn't stand out at all. Very surprised he was named in the bests. :confused:

DJ will be pushing for selection.

At this stage I'll say

Out: Hudson, Skinner
In: Roughead, Higgins

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 06:53 PM
I watched the game and he really didn't stand out at all. Very surprised he was named in the bests. :confused:

DJ will be pushing for selection.

At this stage I'll say

Out: Hudson, Skinner
In: Roughead, Higgins

Did Roughie play well today because he was poor last week.

G-Mo77
07-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I thought he did.

SlimPickens
07-05-2011, 07:03 PM
I think hes a good sub option. Forgot to record Willy game, 17 possies would be interested to see how effective they were. Named in the bests along with Cordy, Hooper, Dalhaus.

Very surprised these two got named in the best, thought Cordy was ok and Hooper was mostly unsighted. He also gave away a lot of silly free kicks.

DJ played very well today, thought he was best on with Addison and Dahlhaus very close. That being said it was one of those games where 10 players could have been best on, just surprised they plucked Cordy and Hooper over Tutt, Addison, Panos etc

SlimPickens
07-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Did Roughie play well today because he was poor last week.

He did, didn't trouble the scorers but took some good marks and won the majority of hit outs when in the ruck. Copped a massive spray from German at qtr time and responded really well.

Mantis
07-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Hudson and Gilbee are cooked... Stick a fork in them.

It gets tough when the 'easy' targets aren't the reasons we are struggling.

The Pie Man
07-05-2011, 08:09 PM

Getting subbed off ahead of Minson was telling - interesting times.

comrade
07-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Getting subbed off ahead of Minson was telling - interesting times.

And David Schwarz suggested that it might have been Minson's last game. :o

Pickenitup
07-05-2011, 08:49 PM
IN Hall Higgins Liberatore Roughead
OUT Hudson Jones Skinner Wallis

The Pie Man
07-05-2011, 09:22 PM
And David Schwarz suggested that it might have been Minson's last game. :o

Yeah what's going on there? I saw that comment on twitter from the SEN feed, struggling to understand that call

westbulldog
07-05-2011, 09:29 PM
I thought Stack had a reasonably good game. Hudson and Skinner (not that he had much opportunity) out for Hall and Schofield. I don't think Higgins warrants automatic selection.

GVGjr
07-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Can we keep persevering with Gilbee when Schofield is a viable option?

azabob
07-05-2011, 09:46 PM

If Gilbee goes out and Schofield comes in that may release Murphy forward but then the backline becomes very inexperienced and the backline has been the strength this year.

G-Mo77
07-05-2011, 09:49 PM

Well we can and I'm sure we will. :o

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-05-2011, 09:51 PM

The time must be getting extremely close where Gilbee is overtaken.
Not being able to see Willy's games up here in Qld, I can't directly comment on Schofield, but going by the reports here, he sounds at least as if he will have a red hot crack, and will be a terrier on his opponent, and that's got to get him a game sooner rather than later.
Is he a decent user of the ball, or purely a negating type, because theoretically Gilbee is meant to be a decent user of the ball. Albeit it doesn't appear as if he's able to give us that any more.

Sockeye Salmon
07-05-2011, 09:54 PM

Roos and russel were carrying on about Hudson must have been injured to have been subbed.

How can a premiership coach like Roos not understand such a basic principle like subbing off a glasier-like ruckman late for a more mobile (and fresh) sub?

azabob
07-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Roos and russel were carrying on about Hudson must have been injured to have been subbed.

How can a premiership coach like Roos not understand such a basic principle like subbing off a glasier-like ruckman late for a more mobile (and fresh) sub?

Roos was more interested in being sydney centric more than anything else.

Both Roos and Johnson should not allowed to do swans or dogs games again.

GVGjr
07-05-2011, 09:56 PM
The time must be getting extremely close where Gilbee is overtaken.
Not being able to see Willy's games up here in Qld, I can't directly comment on Schofield, but going by the reports here, he sounds at least as if he will have a red hot crack, and will be a terrier on his opponent, and that's got to get him a game sooner rather than later.
Is he a decent user of the ball, or purely a negating type, because theoretically Gilbee is meant to be a decent user of the ball. Albeit it doesn't appear as if he's able to give us that any more.

His kicking skills are OK but it's his run and carry that might appeal against a quick side like the Tigers.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-05-2011, 10:03 PM
His kicking skills are OK but it's his run and carry that might appeal against a quick side like the Tigers.

Well, given Eade's words after the game, about needing players who are willing to keep running and take the game on, then he has to be in with a shout.

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 10:05 PM
After Richmond crushes Freo by 49 points , and we lose a must win game , the game against Richmond really will take some detailed planning , at this stage I,ll reserve my thoughts until I analyse all the stats from both games

Sedat
07-05-2011, 10:35 PM
If Hall is fit to come back in, I'd like to see him as the ruck relief with stints deep forward whenever Jones is resting. Jones stays in for mine, even though his field kicking is comically bad. Roughy and Minson will be as ineffective a ruck duo as Huddo and Minson, and we desperately need the extra mid to provide some run and spread from the congestion.

If Hall is not fit, I've got no idea who should play the pinch-hit role in the ruck to give Minno a chop-out.

whythelongface
07-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Hudson and skinner out
Hall and higgins in.

would possibly add roughie as well. Can we go into the game with only one ruckman?

It is important that we stick with a player such as Jones to givehim as much game time as possible. He will be important to our structure in years to come. The more game time he gets now the sooner he will develop into a required kpp.

Scorlibo
08-05-2011, 02:08 AM
Presuming Higgins and Hall are fit,

Out: Wallis, Jones, Skinner.
In: Higgins, Hall, Liberatore.

Rocket appears to be trying to play Wallis in certain roles, when really he does his best work through the midfield, where he doesn't have a spot. I would prefer to continue to develop his midfield skills at Willi than to cook him at the higher level.

Jones is really struggling with holding marks, and his balance in the contest, as well as his kicking obviously. Skinner just isn't ready.

LostDoggy
08-05-2011, 04:17 AM
Hall Libba in, Hudson Skinner out assuming Higgins is still suffering from 'general soreness' otherwise Wallis gets a break.
Huddo was awful, Skinner is at least a year away, Wallis is a bit rare at this stage too but definite potential and guts.

Desipura
08-05-2011, 08:14 AM
In Hall, Roughy, Higgins, Libba and Hargrave
Out Huddo, Gilbee, Williams inj, Wallis and Jones

Hotdog60
08-05-2011, 08:32 AM
After listening to Rocket's press conference I wouldn't be surprised if Jayden Schofield gets selected. Rocket has indicated that players are not working hard enough so he may start looking at players that are prepared to work their butts off. It will be interesting on who he sees at not trying hard enough to exchange. I thought Stack played reasonable well on the weekend but after a rocket spray he maybe in the gun sight.

GVGjr
08-05-2011, 09:52 AM
In Hall, Roughy, Higgins, Libba and Hargrave
Out Huddo, Gilbee, Williams inj, Wallis and Jones

Do you think Hargrave is fit enough after just one game?
He was selected to play the previous week but didn't play and I wonder if he needs another week.

GVGjr
08-05-2011, 09:54 AM
After listening to Rocket's press conference I wouldn't be surprised if Jayden Schofield gets selected.

I think that would be a good selection. How about throwing him against the annoying Jake King.

Desipura
08-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Do you think Hargrave is fit enough after just one game?
He was selected to play the previous week but didn't play and I wonder if he needs another week.

Probably not. I did read that he has done a fair but a mini preseason prior to playing. That said Schofield may be the one they select.

GVGjr
08-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Ins - Roughead, Schofield, Libertore, Hall and Higgins
Outs - Hudson, Gilbee, Wallis, Jones and Skinner.

Roughead offers a bit more up forward than Hudson but we really miss a more versatile type.
Schofield comes in to shut down Jake King. This match-up could set a new trash talking record.
If Libertore is right then he comes in for Wallis. Djerrkura a possible selection.
Hall for Jones is an easy selection as is Higgins for Skinner.

Gilbee might be the hard one for the selectors to drop.

If Williams isn't available I wonder if Mulligan might come into the mix?

GVGjr
08-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Probably not. I did read that he has done a fair but a mini preseason prior to playing. That said Schofield may be the one they select.

If he had played the previous week I would think he will be right to go but with just one game under his belt I think he needs to complete one more at Williamstown.
I heard him interviewed and he had completed an 8 week pre-season but I think the lesson learned with Lake should still be fresh in the selectors minds.

the banker
08-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Feel we need to field the best team against the Tigers. We must win and don't think we should be putting guys in for their first game unless we are 100% sure they aready to go.

Sadly Hudson's form is poor and he is turnover king, Minson has very limited football smarts. Big problems for us in the ruck division. Huddo may still be in front of Will IMO. Roughead looked slow and unsure against Collingwood. Hudson, Roughead for mine.

Skinner selection looked overally ambitious given his form coming in. Didn't do anyone any good. Hopefully Missy is ready.....

Wallis - lots to like, but can't quite get the tempo yet. Libba has adapted quicker

Gilbee I would prefer over Schofield ATM

Jones .... his kicking is as good as Matthew Richardson's. He has to stay unless Barry is fit.

Grant is a cameo player IMO. Not a key target forward. Would prefer Murphy CHF but with Wood, Lake, Hargrave and possibly Williams out there is little opportunity for this.

If Williams is injured this will create big structural problems given other backline issues.

A very difficult week ahead for the MC. I suggest we go with the experience, tried and true and set them the challenge. Better to bring young kids into a winning culture.

DOG GOD
08-05-2011, 10:53 AM
King, nahas and Reiwoldt will give the MC PLENTY of headaches this week. Markovic will be too slow to go with Roo on the lead, and Nahas is lightening and in great form. I'm very worried their pace will blow us away early. They looked good against Freo in patches and then really put the foot down in the last qtr. Houli and Deledio down back add alot of run for them and their mids are tough and run hard all day, especially Martin and Cotchin. This will be a very hard game for us. By watchinmg them the last 3-4 weeks, it seems they have a great work ethic amongst the group, willing to do the team things to get the jobs done. Something we are lacking atm.

Hotdog60
08-05-2011, 11:00 AM
They are quick and their skills are up, I think they will like to go for a shootout against us and back there pace and disposal skills (sounds familiar). Can we roll back the clock and see if we can outscore them or do we try the Sydney and StKilda style and try for a scrimmage. If we go back to our old style of play could we play back in form seeming that we are struggling with the Pies style.

Desipura
08-05-2011, 11:12 AM

Roughead offers a bit more up forward than Hudson but we really miss a more versatile type.
Schofield comes in to shut down Jake King. This match-up could set a new trash talking record.
If Libertore is right then he comes in for Wallis. Djerrkura a possible selection.

I would not worry about Jake King, Nahas would be the one for Schofield.
A bit harsh to drop a first gamer who played as a sub.

Bornadog, you can say all you like about Stack, I have not seen anything that tells me he will be a long term player at this level. Having said that he is filling a role until our injured players come back like Hargrave and Wood.

Hill is another who I do not think will be playing for us next year. When Hill's confidence is up his marking is handy at both ends. Stack does not have one outstanding feature to his game and that is the reason I cannot see him playing AFL long term.

GVGjr
08-05-2011, 11:23 AM
I would not worry about Jake King, Nahas would be the one for Schofield.
A bit harsh to drop a first gamer who played as a sub.

I'd have Picken assigned to Nahas.

Whilst it might be harsh to drop a first game who played as a sub, I have seen him at Williamstown and I didn't think he was ready for the promotion.

Desipura
08-05-2011, 11:39 AM
I'd have Picken assigned to Nahas.

Whilst it might be harsh to drop a first game who played as a sub, I have seen him at Williamstown and I didn't think he was ready for the promotion.

Fair enough.

LostDoggy
08-05-2011, 11:43 AM

Gilbee would be a good sub imo, instead of a first gamer coming on when the game
is going down to the wire and looking completely lost.

Rocco Jones
08-05-2011, 12:17 PM

Was going to post pretty much the same thing, love those ins and outs. The only thing I would change is Moles. I would rather DJ in the side and/or perhaps keep Wallis in.

The worst thing to do when developing kids is to not play any of them. The 2nd worst thing is to play too many of them. If we are going to develop Roughead in a primary forward/secondary ruck role, I think the task will be tougher alongside Jones, especially when you consider Grant's age and low maturity. That's not to mention the short term issues.

Skinner is nowhere near it. I posted something earlier in the week about posters suggesting his inclusion not watching his Willy games, cannot believe the MC selected him. Shocking call.

Gilbee seems a harsh inclusion but when you factor in the latter part of last season, his pre-season and games so far this season, he shouldn't be there. Eade is trying to play him in a utility type role which I think is a great idea, the only issue is that he is too slow and doesn't seem to have a tank/work rate to make up for it. Schofiield for mine. Gilbee's salvation might be the role but I just see him doing the same thing just over a smaller amount of time, like Moles against Collingwood.

azabob
08-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Against Richmond we need pace and players to run out the entire game.

I think out of pure necessity we will need to bring in players like Schofield and Djukerra who have pace.

I would play Higgins at Williamstown he lacks pace and match fitness at this stage.

We can't afford to have Higgins, Gia and Hall all underdone in our forward 50, Richmond will kill us on the rebound.

Richmond's rucks are also quite mobile and won't monster Roughead too much so he should come in for Hudson.

IN - Schofield, Djukerra, Roughead, Hall, Liberatore

OUT - Skinner, Wallis, Jones, Husdon, Gilbee,

chef
08-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Out
Hudson, Wallis, Gilbee, Jones and Cross
In
Roughead, Hooper, Djerrkura, Hall and Higgins

DOG GOD
08-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Out
In

Got bucklies of Cross being dropped Chef, even if he was injured on 1 leg :)

I'm worried about Hall, Higgins and Gia in our fwd line. Slow, underdone and lack defensive pressure. I forgot about DJ in my original ins and outs on the other thread, but we certainly need pace brought in.

Murph must play fwd.

chef
08-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Got bucklies of Cross being dropped Chef, even if he was injured on 1 leg :)

I'm worried about Hall, Higgins and Gia in our fwd line. Slow, underdone and lack defensive pressure. I forgot about DJ in my original ins and outs on the other thread, but we certainly need pace brought in.

Murph must play fwd.

Yeah I know, I just think he's gone(along with Hudson, Gilbee and maybe Hall:().

I would have Higgins playing in the midfield, not forward.

If it wasn't for it being GWS's draft, which is meant to be pretty shallow anyway(and a contract year for Rocket) I would be in favour of bottoming out, playing the kids and a mini rebuild at the end of the season with an eye to the future.

LostDoggy
08-05-2011, 02:52 PM
They are quick and their skills are up

This is something that annoys me with our team ... and match committee.

Here we are worrying about another team because they are quick. Why the hell do we have players in our team that arent quick??? (key position players excused).

This is 2011 and it is a professional sport and if you are a midfielder/flanker/running player, then it is essential that you are fast and have good foot skills. Otherwise, this weak component of our game will continually be exposed by good teams.

Hotdog60
08-05-2011, 03:13 PM
This is something that annoys me with our team ... and match committee.

Here we are worrying about another team because they are quick. Why the hell do we have players in our team that arent quick??? (key position players excused).

This is 2011 and it is a professional sport and if you are a midfielder/flanker/running player, then it is essential that you are fast and have good foot skills. Otherwise, this weak component of our game will continually be exposed by good teams.

You can look quick when your disposal is good, players making position and getting hit then make transition look quick. We were a quick side once but since we have trouble hitting the side of a barn when a 1 metre in front of it makes us look slow.

LostDoggy
08-05-2011, 04:28 PM
There is a difference between being a quick side and side that uses quick effective disposals, case in point Geelong , a quick side might make the Final's but quick effective disposals win's you a Premiership

Now back to the thread topic , I think there is a case for Djerrkura and Schofield to be our starting Forward Pockets , Mulligan could slot in at CHB if Williams does'nt pass a Late Medical , Stack should be the Sub

I,m still going through the stats re the match-ups , will be interesting how the MC finally positions the chess pieces

Desipura
08-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Yeah I know, I just think he's gone(along with Hudson, Gilbee and maybe Hall:().

I would have Higgins playing in the midfield, not forward.

If it wasn't for it being GWS's draft, which is meant to be pretty shallow anyway(and a contract year for Rocket) I would be in favour of bottoming out, playing the kids and a mini rebuild at the end of the season with an eye to the future.

GWS should look at mature type players like Cross. They will struggle to land many A graders similar to GC. Crossy is the type of player they need to set a good example for the rest of their list in terms of training and preparation.

bornadog
08-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Bornadog, you can say all you like about Stack, I have not seen anything that tells me he will be a long term player at this level. Having said that he is filling a role until our injured players come back like Hargrave and Wood..

All I say about Stack is don't use him as the new Whipping boy every time we lose. There are plenty of others that need a kick up the back side before he does.

I thought he played well yesterday, a couple of errant handpasses but nothing disastrous leading to a goal. Should have kicked a goal in the last quarter but sprayed it badly. Whether he is in the best 22 when Hargrave and Wood are fully fit, remains to be seen.

LostDoggy
08-05-2011, 05:03 PM
All I say about Stack is don't use him as the new Whipping boy every time we lose. There are plenty of others that need a kick up the back side before he does.

I thought he played well yesterday, a couple of errant handpasses but nothing disastrous leading to a goal. Should have kicked a goal in the last quarter but sprayed it badly. Whether he is in the best 22 when Hargrave and Wood are fully fit, remains to be seen.

Jones and Grant dropped sitters yesterday, shanked kicks, handpassed to opponents, overran the ball and failed to lock it in for a contest etc... If Stack made howlers like this in front of the Swans goal they would score immediately and people would be calling for his head. Jones and Grant make them in the forward line and the resulting Sydney goal from the turnover comes a minute and half later so no one really blames them. Our defence was under the pump yesterday and held up pretty well, Stack included.

*not meaning to be overly critical of Grant and Jones they are doing ok as kids and will look a
lot better when some experience comes back into the forward line around them.

Kelso @ Mt Eliza
08-05-2011, 06:12 PM
i have just returned from Canberra - I am shaking my head at those who call for stack to be dropped. In my opinion, having been at the game. The only highlight I could see out of the game was the form of Stack & Hill on the Half Back Line. There were a few moments where I could see this as being a long term option.. they both look calm, skilled and can read the play. They merely need to string some games together and they will grow into a formidible backline. Likewise Markovic was fantastic. Now the bad... to which there is an abundance. Skinner - too early.. and should not have been the sub (Rocket you are a fool who continues to amze me with your inabilit to read a situation). Wallis, not ready, perhaps bring back after a few weeks at willy, Jarrod Grant & Ben Hudson - are totally undeserving of a spot in the team - THEY MUST BE DROPPED OR I WILL NOT ATTEND THIS WEEK's GAME, Jones - Drop him until he learns TO KICK OVER THE MAN ON THE MARK!!!!!!! Gilbee, Cooney, Gia - Will be better for the run - Tommy Williams - is much maligned by me - but I saw how much pain he was in to move, and he did a stirling job of playing under duress in the last quarter. Bob Murphy, Ryan Griffen & Dale Morris - you blokes are the stars - we would be a hell of alot worse off without your efforts this year.

My Outs: Hudson & Grant (until they earn their spot with repeated efforts), Wallis & Jones (temporarily) & Skinner (maybe give one more week if no cover avail).

My Ins: Roughhead (for the season), Higgins & Hall (I hope), Addison (for his determination), Lake (play forward), Liberatore &/or Schofield otherwise. Mitch Hahn - would love to have brought in his presence up forward.

Kelso @ Mt Eliza
08-05-2011, 06:20 PM
oh... and are we game to talk about our current form and style of play.... Sydney moved the ball FORWARDS... we gain possession and look sideways and even backwards... or worse.. when we do go forwards we go short and look to handball to a guy running past for a pressure kick - If a team is flooding.. kick long to a designated spot and get numbers in... Ward, Boyd, Cross, Griffen, Picken.. are hard nuts who i'd back in a ground ball contest.. likewise, Jones, Skinner, Roughhead, Lake, Hall all look to be great contested/pack marks - bomb it long... Rocket you need to change your methodology now.. whilst we still have some hope.. I don't want to hear your dribble anymore.. I want results and some action...

The Coon Dog
08-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Jarrod Grant & Ben Hudson - are totally undeserving of a spot in the team - THEY MUST BE DROPPED OR I WILL NOT ATTEND THIS WEEK's GAME,
I hate this type of comment!

Not attending because player X or player Y is playing is akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face!

Hotdog60
08-05-2011, 07:31 PM

Not attending because player X or player Y is playing is akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face!

Ditto, no matter how disenchanted we get on the current state of affairs we are supporters and we support the club through thick and thin.

chef
08-05-2011, 07:40 PM
i have just returned from Canberra - I am shaking my head at those who call for stack to be dropped. In my opinion, having been at the game. The only highlight I could see out of the game was the form of Stack & Hill on the Half Back Line. There were a few moments where I could see this as being a long term option.. they both look calm, skilled and can read the play. They merely need to string some games together and they will grow into a formidible backline. Likewise Markovic was fantastic. Now the bad... to which there is an abundance. Skinner - too early.. and should not have been the sub (Rocket you are a fool who continues to amze me with your inabilit to read a situation). Wallis, not ready, perhaps bring back after a few weeks at willy, Jarrod Grant & Ben Hudson - are totally undeserving of a spot in the team - THEY MUST BE DROPPED OR I WILL NOT ATTEND THIS WEEK's GAME, Jones - Drop him until he learns TO KICK OVER THE MAN ON THE MARK!!!!!!! Gilbee, Cooney, Gia - Will be better for the run - Tommy Williams - is much maligned by me - but I saw how much pain he was in to move, and he did a stirling job of playing under duress in the last quarter. Bob Murphy, Ryan Griffen & Dale Morris - you blokes are the stars - we would be a hell of alot worse off without your efforts this year.

My Outs: Hudson & Grant (until they earn their spot with repeated efforts), Wallis & Jones (temporarily) & Skinner (maybe give one more week if no cover avail).

My Ins: Roughhead (for the season), Higgins & Hall (I hope), Addison (for his determination), Lake (play forward), Liberatore &/or Schofield otherwise. Mitch Hahn - would love to have brought in his presence up forward.

What a crap thing to say.

LostDoggy
08-05-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm sure Rod is reading these and will take it on board...

Two weeks in a row we have switched of for two qtrs, not sure how we lose the intensity and effort but we need fit, match conditioned players.

GVGjr
08-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Jarrod Grant & Ben Hudson - are totally undeserving of a spot in the team - THEY MUST BE DROPPED OR I WILL NOT ATTEND THIS WEEK's GAME,

You are being overly emotional. I get that you and others are frustrated but this is a huge over reaction.

Agreed. I'm not sure why so many people put conditions on their support.

LostDoggy
08-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Ditto, no matter how disenchanted we get on the current state of affairs we are supporters and we support the club through thick and thin.
We all get very disappointed and frustrated. I know for a fact the coach doesn't coach so we get done and likewise the players don't make errors on purpose. When you are 60 years old and followed them through some real lean and dark times you just suck it up princess.

Before I Die
08-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Rocket you need to change your methodology now.. whilst we still have some hope.. I don't want to hear your dribble anymore.. I want results and some action...

Rocket you are a fool who continues to amze me with your inabilit to read a situation

I come on this board to learn information, to give opinion and to hear the opinions of others. I am also a Dogs supporter and I have no respect for anyone who abuses my club, my team's players or my team's coach. I have no problem with well reasoned and expressed criticism, but unless you can give your opinion without the childish abuse then I (and possibly others) will ignore your views as simply immature grandstanding.

Ghost Dog
08-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Hey Kelso. Chill pill buddy

Encourage all Bulldogs supporters to Ignore all the emotional crap and put your 'white' hats on ( Debono!white = analytical ) as opposed to the RED ( fury ) hat or the BLUE ( depression ) hat.

IMO opinion it's in the players hands. If they're not going to kick straight , or intend to drop off against quality opponents, not much the coach can do about that.

Rocket and our senior list has to ensure the group believes in themselves as on paper, we should be far ahead of where we are.

How do you all think Boyd is doing as captain so far?

Evel
09-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Out
In

Completely agree with this. Cross is the controversial one, but he is just not damaging enough.

Not so sure about Hooper though, he has great intent, but hping there is another option, maybe a schofield type. Dalhaus would be the perfect in instead of Hooper, but obviously unavailable at this point in time.

Mantis
09-05-2011, 09:25 AM
oh... and are we game to talk about our current form and style of play.... Sydney moved the ball FORWARDS... we gain possession and look sideways and even backwards... or worse.. when we do go forwards we go short and look to handball to a guy running past for a pressure kick - If a team is flooding.. kick long to a designated spot and get numbers in... Ward, Boyd, Cross, Griffen, Picken.. are hard nuts who i'd back in a ground ball contest.. likewise, Jones, Skinner, Roughhead, Lake, Hall all look to be great contested/pack marks - bomb it long... Rocket you need to change your methodology now.. whilst we still have some hope.. I don't want to hear your dribble anymore.. I want results and some action...

If you don't get these results what are you going to do? Rip up your membership?

Mantis
09-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Surprised there hasn't been calls for Moles to be removed.

Just 12 touches in a midfield role isn't a great return, especially considering he is the type of player (ball carrier) we need contributing.

Is it just a case that he might take a bit more time or were people genuinely happy with his performance?

Besides burning off a 110kg dinosaur to kick a nice goal he was pretty much not noticed and his unwillingness to get involved is a concern.

Kelso @ Mt Eliza
09-05-2011, 09:41 AM
I'd like to apologise for the Hudson/Grant comment. Your are all right - I have gone over the top here - was venting with my red and blue hat - it has been a tough few weeks, particularly when you have such optimism with the travel... I will attend this week's game - once again with the same optimism.. and perhaps a better result is around the corner...

Desipura
09-05-2011, 10:12 AM
I'd like to apologise for the Hudson/Grant comment. Your are all right - I have gone over the top here - was venting with my red and blue hat - it has been a tough few weeks, particularly when you have such optimism with the travel... I will attend this week's game - once again with the same optimism.. and perhaps a better result is around the corner...
Perhaps hold off for 24 hours before we get another post from you like the previous one.

DOG GOD
09-05-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm flying over from tassie for this weeks game, so I'm hoping to see the bulldogs of 2010 this week. Team selection will be critical. We cant afford to take in any underdone players, otherwise we will be shown up for the slowing team we are.

Can Hall, Higgins and Gia all play in the fwd 50. I don't think so.

Schofield NEEDS to come in, and not as the sub, Rocket.

LostDoggy
09-05-2011, 10:22 AM

Just 12 touches in a midfield role isn't a great return, especially considering he is the type of player (ball carrier) we need contributing.

Is it just a case that he might take a bit more time or where people genuinely happy with his performance?

I guess we really need the run and carry and are hoping he can help in this area? At times he looks confident out there but at other times he looks lost and unable to make an impact on the game.

Mantis
09-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Completely agree with this. Cross is the controversial one, but he is just not damaging enough.

Agree.

The game has changed and his inability to damage the opposition with quick ball movement is holding us back.

Mofra
09-05-2011, 10:32 AM
List overall or position this week?

I'm sorry Brodie, but he is not a long term option for us and marginally a short term option too. His run & carry is the reason he is supposed to be in the side, but if he can't find the ball enough and can't play eslewhere, we are better off (from this week) playing both Wallis & Libba in the side - they offer us as much and will benefit the side more from 2012 onwards.

Desipura
09-05-2011, 10:36 AM
List overall or position this week?

I'm sorry Brodie, but he is not a long term option for us and marginally a short term option too. His run & carry is the reason he is supposed to be in the side, but if he can't find the ball enough and can't play eslewhere, we are better off (from this week) playing both Wallis & Libba in the side - they offer us as much and will benefit the side more from 2012 onwards.

The problem is we have a number of short term solutions currently playing:
Hudson, Gilbee and Cross's time is up
Stack and Hill are short term options
and Markovic is really only an insurance player (who is currently playing well)

Mantis
09-05-2011, 10:47 AM
At this early stage of the week my team to play Richmond is:

B - Picken, Morris, Markovic
HB - Schofield, Williams, Hill
C - Griffen, Boyd, Sherman
HF - Higgins, Jones, Murphy
F - Djerrkura, Hall, Grant

R - Minson, Cooney, Ward

Int - Stack, Gia, Hargrave
Sub - Cross (no way he will get dropped, but for our long term development Libba should be in the team)

In - Hall, Higgins, Schofield, Djerrkura, Hargrave
Out - Hudson, Wallis, Skinner, Gilbee, Moles

G-Mo77
09-05-2011, 10:57 AM

I like this but no to the Hargrave selection so I'd leave Wallis in there. I'd rather give Shaggy another couple of weeks in the VFL and bring him back after the trip to WA. Roughead will probably come in if Hudson goes out though, who would you pinch hit in ruck if you kept that team? Williams? Jones?

Doubt it will happen though Gilbee and Hudson will probably keep their spots in the team. :rolleyes:

Mantis
09-05-2011, 11:08 AM
I like this but no to the Hargrave selection so I'd leave Wallis in there. I'd rather give Shaggy another couple of weeks in the VFL and bring him back after the trip to WA. Roughead will probably come in if Hudson goes out though, who would you pinch hit in ruck if you kept that team? Williams? Jones?

Reports are that Hargrave is in really good shape and is good to go. Him playing means we can probably throw Murf forward which we really need at this point.

Ruck - Roughy gave us nothing in his past 2 games and isn't the option just yet. I'm happy to pinch hit Jones in there for the moment.

Doubt it will happen though Gilbee and Hudson will probably keep their spots in the team. :rolleyes:

We can't play both Minson & Hudson in the same team and Huddo offers the least flexibility so shouldn't be in the team. Gilbee isn't the player he was and probably doesn't have a role if Gia is to play.

G-Mo77
09-05-2011, 11:19 AM
We can't play both Minson & Hudson in the same team and Huddo offers the least flexibility so shouldn't be in the team. Gilbee isn't the player he was and probably doesn't have a role if Gia is to play.

No we can't play them both and I can't believe our MC thought they could. How can so many fans see this but the guys who are paid the big bucks to make the decisions can't. :confused:

I was actually pretty pissed Gilbee pretty much came straight into the team when he did. I would have rathered the he come through the VFL. Gilbee can still be effective but I wouldn't hesitate to put him back in the VFL. A good sub candidate IMO

Ghost Dog
09-05-2011, 11:40 AM

R - Minson, Cooney, Ward

Sub - Cross (no way he will get dropped, but for our long term development Libba should be in the team)

Alot to like in these selections.
But if we don't have the balls to drop cross ( if he needs to be, not saying he is ) then we're done for.

mjp
09-05-2011, 11:46 AM
No we can't play them both and I can't believe our MC thought they could. How can so many fans see this but the guys who are paid the big bucks to make the decisions can't. :confused:

That's fine, but when we went in with only one ruckman in round 1 it didn't work and there was a universal outcry...and Roughead needed to be dropped after the Collingwood game - so what were they going to do? Many of the 'ins and outs' on this board included both Hudson and Minson in the lead up to the Sydney game.

I am more than happy for us to pick our poison (Number one ruckman) and go with a part-timer for the 5-7 minutes per quarter when he needs a blow...yes, even if that part timer is Jones, or Williams, or Hall, or....basically anyone. But we played poorly against the Bombers and the selection of only one ruckman (against a team with both Ryder and Hille who played well) was derided.

As an aside, Sydney played two ruckman last weekend as well and came away with the win. Essendon are basically playing 3 right now (though Ryder does more than hold his own as a kpp) and they are winning. There is no perfect answer or perfect solution to the ruck conundrum or the sub rule - except for the players who are selected actually consistently playing to their potential.

Right now they aren't - so whether we play Hudson and Minson, one of them with Roughead, one of them with a fill in, Roughead with a fill-in...it really wont matter a single bit unless they contest hard and aggressively and the little blokes do the same.

Desipura
09-05-2011, 11:58 AM

R - Minson, Cooney, Ward

Dont like not having a 2nd ruck, Graham likes to run and Will wont be able to keep up.
I do want Jones to be retained however I am not sure it is a good idea to throw him in the ruck so early in his career, given he needs to learn how to play forward.

bornadog
09-05-2011, 12:16 PM

Last year he was also averaging only 12 to 13 touches, he just doesn't get enough of the ball. He has speed, and can thump the ball along way, but often when he does get the ball he puts it on the boot too quickly and then he doesn't find a target. If he is to stay in the team, he needs to be an outside midfielder, and work with Cross and Boyd. He needs them pumping the ball to him so that he can then run, run run.

DOG GOD
09-05-2011, 12:46 PM

R - Minson, Cooney, Ward

I like this team alot Mantis, but i'm a bit iffy on Hall, Higgins and hargrave all returing from injury to play a team who will run us ragged from the 1st bounce.

Eade mentioned debutants this week. Is it possible Cordy could make his debut to run against Vickery in the ruck? For those who have seen Cordy, is he a better fwd prospect than Roughie?

Schofield HAS to play this week against their two ferrets. Got a feeling if Hargrave plays, he will be the sub.

Greystache
09-05-2011, 01:52 PM

Is it just a case that he might take a bit more time or were people genuinely happy with his performance?

Besides burning off a 110kg dinosaur to kick a nice goal he was pretty much not noticed and his unwillingness to get involved is a concern.

The problem is Moles has the skill set we're desperately lacking, pace and (at times) good disposal, unfortunately we don't get enough of it. But what do we do? Do we give him an extended run in the hope he finds a consistent base, or do we replace him with another slow player with ordinary disposal such as Addison or Reid and further exagerate an already glaring weakness?

I'm inclined to give him 3-4 games regardless of how he goes and make a call then. What would be great is if our possession accumulators with poor disposal looked to give him the ball wherever possible. The question is would Cross, who looks to give the ball off sideways to whoever happens to be there whether that be Griffen or Hudson, specifically look for him? Or would Boyd suffer the indignity of admitting he's not one of the quickest and best kicks in the AFL and instead dish the ball off to a Moles type of player? IMO the answer to both those questions is no.

soupman
09-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Last year he was also averaging only 12 to 13 touches, he just doesn't get enough of the ball. He has speed, and can thump the ball along way, but often when he does get the ball he puts it on the boot too quickly and then he doesn't find a target. If he is to stay in the team, he needs to be an outside midfielder, and work with Cross and Boyd. He needs them pumping the ball to him so that he can then run, run run.

I'm really not sure what to make of Moles. He clearly has ability, he is a nice kick, can run and is suited to rotating through the midfield and flanks. However, as per the bolded part he frequently makes basic errors when he gets the ball, he is too panicky. When you only get the footy as little as he does thats not good enough.

I am curious to see how he goes defensively now though. I think he has the physical attributes to go with many of the players Picken runs with, and could be alright as a small defender. Just not sure his decision making is good enough for when he comes out of the backline (mind you Harbrow's wasn't so flash either).

bornadog
09-05-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm really not sure what to make of Moles. He clearly has ability, he is a nice kick, can run and is suited to rotating through the midfield and flanks. However, as per the bolded part he frequently makes basic errors when he gets the ball, he is too panicky. When you only get the footy as little as he does thats not good enough.

I am curious to see how he goes defensively now though. I think he has the physical attributes to go with many of the players Picken runs with, and could be alright as a small defender. Just not sure his decision making is good enough for when he comes out of the backline (mind you Harbrow's wasn't so flash either).

I wouldn't drop him this week, we need his pace. Maybe your suggestion would be ok to say play on Nahas or one of the other small Richmond quicks.

Topdog
09-05-2011, 03:39 PM
That's fine, but when we went in with only one ruckman in round 1 it didn't work and there was a universal outcry...and Roughead needed to be dropped after the Collingwood game - so what were they going to do?
snip.

But our ruckmen are not multi position players and are basically crap anywhere else on the ground. Minson is OK up forward (not good) but Hudson is terrible.

With Essendon Ryder is a good KPP player up forward and back, Hille is pretty good up forward whilst Bell is crap anywhere else.

Unless you have the flexibility you are hurting yourself.

If Roughead was in better form I'd play him.

EasternWest
09-05-2011, 03:58 PM
The problem is Moles has the skill set we're desperately lacking, pace and (at times) good disposal, unfortunately we don't get enough of it. But what do we do? Do we give him an extended run in the hope he finds a consistent base, or do we replace him with another slow player with ordinary disposal such as Addison or Reid and further exagerate an already glaring weakness?

I'm inclined to give him 3-4 games regardless of how he goes and make a call then. What would be great is if our possession accumulators with poor disposal looked to give him the ball wherever possible. The question is would Cross, who looks to give the ball off sideways to whoever happens to be there whether that be Griffen or Hudson, specifically look for him? Or would Boyd suffer the indignity of admitting he's not one of the quickest and best kicks in the AFL and instead dish the ball off to a Moles type of player? IMO the answer to both those questions is no.

Is Reid's disposal that bad? I haven't seem enough of him to really say, but it didn't look that bad IIRC.

Greystache
09-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Is Reid's disposal that bad? I haven't seem enough of him to really say, but it didn't look that bad IIRC.

Yeah it's pretty average. He's a throw it on the boot type, his strength is winning the ball in a contest, Boyd would be a better kick.

LostDoggy
09-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Just got back from Canberra and thought I would add my two cents..

Firstly I have to bow to all those who said the Skinner selection was premature, he did not seem to handle the change in pace and itensity required and lacked some poise with his marking and set shots. Still i think there is some potential there but maybe this selction was like the Hill, Grant and Lynch ones in years past, something to show him how far he has to go. Long term I still think Skinner could add to the fwd line in tandem with Grant because niether will be big bodied forwards but both will be hard to match up.

Having watched our attack from behind the goal the concern for me remains that we are not being effective in hitting up leading players. Too often we had taken the ball around the wing and then ended up kicking inboard to a two on one or three on two in the fwd line. None of Grant, Jones, Hill or Skinner are suited to having the ball dropped on their head and they seemingly had no idea how to work together to spread the defense. Other then Mole's solo effort, the best passage of play for me had Murphy win the ball on the flank, centre it to Griffen who then hit Grant on a strong angled lead. We need more of that kind of play if we are to find some form, with lower eyes and lower passes.

On Hill and Stack, I would echo the positive assement of some others. Hill outmarked his opponent several times and Stack must have killed about 4 or 5 contests with strong spoils, often against much larger opponents. They also seemd to play more fluidly with both players running hard to make position and run the ball out of defense. I would not have though either should be in the gun this week.

All up the backline held up pretty well under a barrage of entries in the middle part of the game, Markovic and Morris in particular did not give an inch all day. Some loose checking through half forward cost us goals, which may have been a result of our midfield not pressing back hard enough. Happily Sydney made some howling errors in attack otherwise the margin would have been a lot worse.

On an injury front I am very worried that we may not have either Williams or Murphy for this week. Tom seemd to be hobbling from half time onwards which was very noticeable when he was walking but less so when he was running. Also concerning was that Murphy seemed to hurt his ankle later in the 4th quarter and did not come back on. I have been waiting to see the injury report but it did not look too good.

BTW I know this sounds like typical one eyed supporter rubbish but I felt the umpires changed the momentum of the game midway through the first quarter. Up to the 10 minute mark we went in hard and won the ball, Sydney could not get near it, 10 minutes in we seemed to go in hard and give away a free kick. Most of Sydney's early ball was given to them by men wearing yellow. This is not why we lost, dropping our intensity for 50 minutes in the second and third quarter would be the reason that happened, but it defeinitely seemed to make us reluctant to hit the contest as hard and encouraged them to get back into the game.

LostDoggy
09-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Sorry forgot the ins and outs.

In
Hall, Hargrave, Higgins, Schofield, Roughead, Libba

Out
Hudson, Skinner, Murphy (inj.) Williams (inj), Jones, Moles

Not sure that is the right mix and I hate the idea of another big influx of changes but Skinner looked all at sea, Jones needs to work on his disposal, Hudson looked in trouble and I fear Murph and Williams might be unavialble. Brodie did one great thing but as others have said does not find enough ball for a midfielder.

bornadog
09-05-2011, 04:26 PM
On Hill and Stack, I would echo the positive assement of some others. Hill outmarked his opponent several times and Stack must have killed about 4 or 5 contests with strong spoils, often against much larger opponents. They also seemd to play more fluidly with both players running hard to make position and run the ball out of defense. I would not have though either should be in the gun this week.

I hope this starts to shut a few supporters up. Stack has been steadily improving and with only 16 games under his belt he has a lot more to learn. This duo could be our new HBF.

On an injury front I am very worried that we may not have either Williams or Murphy for this week. Tom seemd to be hobbling from half time onwards which was very noticeable when he was walking but less so when he was running. Also concerning was that Murphy seemed to hurt his ankle later in the 4th quarter and did not come back on. I have been waiting to see the injury report but it did not look too good. .

Some one said they saw Williams at the airport in crutches. I just hope they are both ok.

BTW I know this sounds like typical one eyed supporter rubbish but I felt the umpires changed the momentum of the game midway through the first quarter. Up to the 10 minute mark we went in hard and won the ball, Sydney could not get near it, 10 minutes in we seemed to go in hard and give away a free kick. Most of Sydney's early ball was given to them by men wearing yellow. This is not why we lost, dropping our intensity for 50 minutes in the second and third quarter would be the reason that happened, but it defeinitely seemed to make us reluctant to hit the contest as hard and encouraged them to get back into the game.

I have to agree here. The soft frees that Swans got and the lack of consistency made my blood boil.

G-Mo77
09-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Some one said they saw Williams at the airport in crutches. I just hope they are both ok.

He looked to be in a lot of pain and went of the ground twice. I'm not sure if both were different injuries but I'm pretty sure it was an ankle. Hopefully the crutches are precautionary.

bornadog
09-05-2011, 04:34 PM
He looked to be in a lot of pain and went of the ground twice. I'm not sure if both were different injuries but I'm pretty sure it was an ankle. Hopefully the crutches are precautionary.

and he still beat Everitt on one leg.:D

Kelso @ Mt Eliza
09-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Has anybody else heard the whisper about an internal fued between Lake & Eade - and that the two are not on speaking terms at present!? It seems far fetched I know, since it seems ludicrous that they would not be talking in such an environment of player/coach - however the word is that Lake being dropped is not form/fitness based, but personality/behavoiural based. Something has to give if it is true since Lake is an All Aust Full Back who is currently playing as a floating forward for Williamstown. If this is remotely true, and Williams does not get up this week, we may have no choice but to bring shaggy back in earlier than ideal since we would seem undermanned in key backs - Where is Steve Kretiuk, MAtthew Croft or Tony Campbell when you need them?

bornadog
09-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Has anybody else heard the whisper about an internal fued between Lake & Eade - and that the two are not on speaking terms at present!? It seems far fetched I know, since it seems ludicrous that they would not be talking in such an environment of player/coach - however the word is that Lake being dropped is not form/fitness based, but personality/behavoiural based. Something has to give if it is true since Lake is an All Aust Full Back who is currently playing as a floating forward for Williamstown. If this is remotely true, and Williams does not get up this week, we may have no choice but to bring shaggy back in earlier than ideal since we would seem undermanned in key backs - Where is Steve Kretiuk, MAtthew Croft or Tony Campbell when you need them?

If that is true, I would back EADE all the way. The Club is bigger than the individual.

Having said that, if you watched any of the Willi game, Lake was off the ground, I think in the 2nd quarter having his knee strapped up due to soreness.

Ozza
09-05-2011, 05:05 PM
A mate (who isn't a Bulldogs supporter) was at the Willy game on the weekend - and said Hargrave was terrific in showing a lot of leadership and a lot of energy. Whilst he thought Lake looked like he couldn't care less and didn't want to be there.

EasternWest
09-05-2011, 05:23 PM
A mate (who isn't a Bulldogs supporter) was at the Willy game on the weekend - and said Hargrave was terrific in showing a lot of leadership and a lot of energy. Whilst he thought Lake looked like he couldn't care less and didn't want to be there.

Good stuff from Hargrave.

As for Lake, well, he always looks like that so it doesn't concern me too much.

LostDoggy
09-05-2011, 06:34 PM
I no Barlow can't play now Hargrave is back but would really like to see Barlow get a game as the second Ruck to Minson to add more speed and versatility to play Forward. Which also allows us to play Jones and Hall in the same team.

SlimPickens
09-05-2011, 06:36 PM

Sums up their performances pretty well.

LostDoggy
09-05-2011, 08:52 PM
If you don't get these results what are you going to do? Rip up your membership?
Hard to rip the membership cards up, now they are plastic, was much easier when they were paper !
To me it would be like ripping up my notes/cash !

Nuggety Back Pocket
09-05-2011, 10:32 PM
IN Hall Higgins Liberatore Roughead
OUT Hudson Jones Skinner Wallis

This is about as good as we have at the moment, with Gilbee in particular and Stack lucky to survive instead of Wallis.Gilbee looks out of sorts on the forward line and should go back. When Hargrave and Wood return, Gilbee's days look numbered.
Minson needs to start in the ruck, where he did very well against Collingwood. Roughead has the ability to give us some badly needed marking power up forward. He simply needs more game time. Jones and Grant have given us very little at half forward and Jones needs to go back to Williamstown.

LostDoggy
10-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I hope this starts to shut a few supporters up. Stack has been steadily improving and with only 16 games under his belt he has a lot more to learn. This duo could be our new HBF.

I thought Stack was pretty good on the weekend which was pleasing but I still doubt he will be a best 22 type player at any time in his career.

I will admit he has the best spoil in the team though.

Hill is in our best 22 when his head is right, he can be used with confidence up forward too. He has exceptional skills and football smarts.

G-Mo77
10-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Williams is out.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/injury-to-defender-tom-williams-adds-to-bulldogs-woes/story-e6frf9jf-1226053263479

Mantis
10-05-2011, 02:55 PM
No Higgins & Hall either.

Things certainly aren't going to plan so far.

Topdog
10-05-2011, 02:59 PM
I can't see us winning without Lake, Hall, Higgins and Williams.

The Pie Man
10-05-2011, 03:00 PM
This blows (injuries)

Is Mulligan a genuine chance to debut?

I see Morris on Jack & Lukas on Miller - Hargrave I imagine will play, though do we need another bigger body for someone like Graham* when he drifts forward? (can't see Lake returning just yet)

G-Mo77
10-05-2011, 03:01 PM

I didn't expect Hall to play until Rocket said he'll be playing after the match Saturday.

I'd expect Shaggy to be back in Williams place now. Maybe Mulligan?

LostDoggy
10-05-2011, 03:03 PM

Are you concerned about Higgins yet Mantis?

Mantis
10-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Is Mulligan a genuine chance to debut?

I see Morris on Jack & Lukas on Miller - Hargrave I imagine will play, though do we need another bigger body for someone like Edwards when he drifts forward? (can't see Lake returning just yet)

Edwards??? - He is built like a jockey.

You must be thinking of Vickery or Graham.

The Pie Man
10-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Edwards??? - He is built like a jockey.

You must be thinking of Vickery or Graham.

That's embarassing :o

Will edit that now

And yeah, I was actually thinking Graham - but Vickery also needs consideration

G-Mo77
10-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I'll try again as I had Higgins coming in.

Out: Hudson, Skinner, Moles, Williams

In: Roughead, Hargrave, Schofield, Liberatore

Mantis
10-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Are you concerned about Higgins yet Mantis?

Not overly concerned, but if he misses again next week it will start getting that way.

LostDoggy
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Not overly concerned, but if he misses again next week it will start getting that way.

I mentioned last week I was concerned but you seemed calm on the matter.

My concern with Higgo is that 1 week of general soreness has become three, this has happened before and he is really important to us. Do you know something that might alleviate my worries? Thyroid issues?

Nuggety Back Pocket
10-05-2011, 04:13 PM

R - Minson, Cooney, Ward

I find it hard to believe that you would want to sub Cross given his hardness at the ball at the expense of some of the others named. Cross along with Griffen, Boyd, Murphy, Morris and Ward have been our few consistent determined performers, this year
I like Minson starting in the ruck but would prefer to have Roughead as a back up big man instead of Jones in the side who hardly looks good enough to hold down CHF.
Agree also with your omissions. Gilbee is a major disappointment and appears to be playing on borrowed time.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Hall and Higgins still sore?

Hall, understandably. It's his last year you'd think and he has shown signs of slowing down. Fair enough.

Higgins' body is a concern though. He just can't play enough footy.

Sedat
10-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Hudson looks like he might get a reprieve this week. Hall and Williams are both out, which limits our ruck relief options significantly even if we wanted to go down the one ruckman path. And Roughy is nowhere near it at the moment either. Shaggy is hardly match-fit after one VFL game and we are seriously considering rushing him back in.

One of the toughest selection weeks our MC has had in years.

Mantis
10-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I mentioned last week I was concerned but you seemed calm on the matter.

My concern with Higgo is that 1 week of general soreness has become three, this has happened before and he is really important to us. Do you know something that might alleviate my worries? Thyroid issues?

Sorry I can't help and on second thoughts I probably should start getting concerned... especially considering he is in my SC team and I already have to trade out Grimes & Curnow.

Let's hope he is back next week. :)

I find it hard to believe that you would want to sub Cross given his hardness at the ball at the expense of some of the others named. Cross along with Griffen, Boyd, Murphy, Morris and Ward have been our few consistent determined performers, this year.

I'm very frustrated with the role Cross is playing. His lack of an outside game in the modern game means he isn't suited to lining up in his usual position (wing) and with quite a few 'like' types already rotating through the middle I am not sure where else he goes.

As far as being in front of others named, who are you referring to?

I like Minson starting in the ruck, but would prefer to have Roughead as a back up big man instead of Jones in the side who hardly looks good enough to hold down CHF.

If Roughy was playing well I would agree, but he isn't so I was happy to go the way I did... but that all becomes redundant with the news that we received today.

DOG GOD
10-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Hudson looks like he might get a reprieve this week. Hall and Williams are both out, which limits our ruck relief options significantly even if we wanted to go down the one ruckman path. And Roughy is nowhere near it at the moment either. Shaggy is hardly match-fit after one VFL game and we are seriously considering rushing him back in.

With Williams now out and IF we play Murph fwd, then we have no other option than to bring in Hargy for this game. I fear for our backline now. Morris is going to be under IMMENSE pressure to curb Jack.

LostDoggy
10-05-2011, 04:46 PM

Not that tough, there isnt much left to choose from...

Ghost Dog
10-05-2011, 05:50 PM
With Williams now out and IF we play Murph fwd, then we have no other option than to bring in Hargy for this game. I fear for our backline now. Morris is going to be under IMMENSE pressure to curb Jack.

The midfield is under even more pressure to cut supply.

DOG GOD
10-05-2011, 07:09 PM
The midfield is under even more pressure to cut supply.

Very true Ghost Dog, also the fact that we cant allow their half back line of Deledio, Newman and Houli to run it out with ease. Its certainly gonna take a whole team effort to get over the line.

divvydan
10-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Eade was very confident in his post match press conference that Higgins would return this week. Given the news out today that suggests Higgins will be missing for at least this week, I'm concerned that he may have aggravated the groin injury he's carrying or pulled up very sore from training or something. Does anyone know for sure what's wrong with him? I'm really hoping it's not like Ward last year.

Jasper
10-05-2011, 09:47 PM
There appear to be a number of assumptions being made here regarding some of our players:

1 - That its our injuries that are curtailing us (and what do you expect with a team whose 'guns' are 28 year old plus players??). All teams have injuries we have to just cope, like other teams
2 - That the players injured are 'great' and their return will somehow fix our problems, for instance:
a - Hargrave, while a good servant has long been a turnover merchant particularly under pressure
b - Williams is a struggler and should not be a massive loss (but probably is 'structurally')
c - Easton Wood while showing some good signs, often got caught and his kicking was ordinary at best
d - Hall was struggling prior to his surgery.
e - Gilbee has been struggling for a couple of years and his interrupted preseason is not why he is not performing

Lake of course is massive out, but again, the guy is nudging 30 and we have to expect he will miss games.

Personally believe we will struggle against the Tigers and for the first time in a long time, I am struggling to make suggestions for the MC. I think our poor list management and drafting over the last couple of years is now coming home to roost, with not enough seasoned good players in aged 23-27 at our club.

For what it is worth:

Hudson - out - He is probably finished unless something dramatic changes
Hargrave In with Jones to fill in on ruck duties, and Murphy to go back to CHF (I hate doing this to Murph as I reckon it will shorten his career playing fwd, but we need a guy who can kick at CHF)

And lets face it Richmond's rucks are the ones to try an untried ruck against, and the team we could most likely get away with this.

Moles Out - This guys is not going to take us anywhere, unless there is a specific role we have in mind, I don't think he should be played.
Schofield In - He has pace and attitude from reports. Something this team needs

Skinner - Out - not ready
Djerkurra In - Nathan must play on Nahas and shut him down (similar to Moles unless there is a specific role such as this, I don't think Nathan should be played much either.)

Libba In
Cooney Out

This last one is controversial, but Cooney seems to be regularly turning the ball over and is not the player he was. Only an insider would know if he isn't doing team things or is injured, but I feel he is the guy we need to make an example of to try and shake him and the team out of its lethargy.

Ghost Dog
10-05-2011, 10:05 PM
There appear to be a number of assumptions being made here regarding some of our players:

1 - That its our injuries that are curtailing us (and what do you expect with a team whose 'guns' are 28 year old plus players??). All teams have injuries we have to just cope, like other teams
2 - That the players injured are 'great' and their return will somehow fix our problems, for instance:
a - Hargrave, while a good servant has long been a turnover merchant particularly under pressure
b - Williams is a struggler and should not be a massive loss (but probably is 'structurally')
c - Easton Wood while showing some good signs, often got caught and his kicking was ordinary at best
d - Hall was struggling prior to his surgery.
e - Gilbee has been struggling for a couple of years and his interrupted preseason is not why he is not performing

Lake of course is massive out, but again, the guy is nudging 30 and we have to expect he will miss games.

Personally believe we will struggle against the Tigers and for the first time in a long time, I am struggling to make suggestions for the MC. I think our poor list management and drafting over the last couple of years is now coming home to roost, with not enough seasoned good players in aged 23-27 at our club.

For what it is worth:

Hudson - out - He is probably finished unless something dramatic changes
Hargrave In with Jones to fill in on ruck duties, and Murphy to go back to CHF (I hate doing this to Murph as I reckon it will shorten his career playing fwd, but we need a guy who can kick at CHF)

And lets face it Richmond's rucks are the ones to try an untried ruck against, and the team we could most likely get away with this.

Moles Out - This guys is not going to take us anywhere, unless there is a specific role we have in mind, I don't think he should be played.
Schofield In - He has pace and attitude from reports. Something this team needs

Skinner - Out - not ready
Djerkurra In - Nathan must play on Nahas and shut him down (similar to Moles unless there is a specific role such as this, I don't think Nathan should be played much either.)

Libba In
Cooney Out

This last one is controversial, but Cooney seems to be regularly turning the ball over and is not the player he was. Only an insider would know if he isn't doing team things or is injured, but I feel he is the guy we need to make an example of to try and shake him and the team out of its lethargy.

Tough love eh? Some good things to read in this post

NoParkingOnMatchDays
10-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Sorry I can't help and on second thoughts I probably should start getting concerned... especially considering he is in my SC team and I already have to trade out Grimes & Curnow.

Let's hope he is back next week. :)

I'm very frustrated with the role Cross is playing. His lack of an outside game in the modern game means he isn't suited to lining up in his usual position (wing) and with quite a few 'like' types already rotating through the middle I am not sure where else he goes.

As far as being in front of others named, who are you referring to?

If Roughy was playing well I would agree, but he isn't so I was happy to go the way I did... but that all becomes redundant with the news that we received today.

Sorry but what news was that

Dazza
10-05-2011, 10:47 PM
How does everyone feel about moving Jones down back to cover for Williams?

GVGjr
10-05-2011, 10:57 PM
How does everyone feel about moving Jones down back to cover for Williams?

I thought during the pre-season this would have been a great learning curve for Jones.
At the moment we probably wouldn't try it.

Go_Dogs
10-05-2011, 11:05 PM

Yes, I've also missed this.

I thought during the pre-season this would have been a great learning curve for Jones.
At the moment we probably wouldn't try it.

Agree with that. If he goes back to VFL level it could be worth a shot, but probably not the thing to experiment with in the league side, especially at the moment.

G-Mo77
11-05-2011, 01:41 AM
Thoughts on Mulligan coming into the team?

I really don't know a lot about him and not being a good student of our lists finer points I had no idea he was 199cm tall until I read an article in the HUN.

I watched Willy for the first time this week and he did a pretty good job, from all reports he's been doing that consistently all season although I've heard differing opinions from other knowledgeable WOOFers.

Could we go with Mulligan as a replacement for Williams and also let him pinch hit in the ruck? Thoughts?

LostDoggy
11-05-2011, 06:59 AM

I really don't know a lot about him and not being a good student of our lists finer points I had no idea he was 199cm tall until I read an article in the HUN.

I watched Willy for the first time this week and he did a pretty good job, from all reports he's been doing that consistently all season although I've heard differing opinions from other knowledgeable WOOFers.

Could we go with Mulligan as a replacement for Williams and also let him pinch hit in the ruck? Thoughts?

I,m fine with Mulligan going straight in at CHB BUT Griffen has to drop back to support him, he is more likely to punch or spoil so Griffen is needed as the extra runner to compete for the ball on the ground and help us rebound

GVGjr
11-05-2011, 07:05 AM

Mulligan might very well be in the mix after 3 solid performances. Even with these good games he hasn't won a lot of the ball and has been used more in a very defensive/negating role which he has done well.
In previous years he has done some ruck work in the reserves however, for this year and the majority of last season he has primarily been a defender. He could certainly run with the opposing ruckman and make a contest.
Mulligan has probably only played 10 or 12 senior games for Williamstown and most of the time he has played in the reserves or been on the injured list.

Athletically he looks more than capable of progressing as a footballer but I'm not convinced he can read the play and react quickly enough.

With Lake not ready yet for a recall if we are concerned that the Tigers can exploit our lack of height he might be considered.

Mantis
11-05-2011, 09:01 AM

The news that Williams will miss and that Hall & Higgins are also another week away.

It means the changes I predicted become redundant.

comrade
11-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Mulligan might very well be in the mix after 3 solid performances. Even with these good games he hasn't won a lot of the ball and has been used more in a very defensive/negating role which he has done well.
In previous years he has done some ruck work in the reserves however, for this year and the majority of last season he has primarily been a defender. He could certainly run with the opposing ruckman and make a contest.
Mulligan has probably only played 10 or 12 senior games for Williamstown and most of the time he has played in the reserves or been on the injured list.

Athletically he looks more than capable of progressing as a footballer but I'm not convinced he can read the play and react quickly enough.

With Lake not ready yet for a recall if we are concerned that the Tigers can exploit our lack of height he might be considered.

Could we develop Mulligan in to that genuine Leigh Brown type pinch hitting ruck/key position player?

Bulldog Revolution
11-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Could we develop Mulligan in to that genuine Leigh Brown type pinch hitting ruck/key position player?

We could try but I am not sure Mulligan has that type of game sense/ footy smarts

And everyone forgets with Brown that he was a top 10 pick in the draft, a dominant junior who then paid little attention to his conditioning with Freo and North and has had a late career revival

He is not a natural athlete but he has always been a footballer

Mulligan is a natural athlete who has never been a footballer

The Pie Man
11-05-2011, 09:36 AM
We could try but I am not sure Mulligan has that type of game sense/ footy smarts

And everyone forgets with Brown that he was a top 10 pick in the draft, a dominant junior who then paid little attention to his conditioning with Freo and North and has had a late career revival

He is not a natural athlete but he has always been a footballer
Mulligan is a natural athlete who has never been a footballer

He is quick for his size though (or as well)

SlimPickens
11-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Have Hall and Higgins been ruled out? Mark Stevens article suggested it's yet to be confirmed.

Rocco Jones
11-05-2011, 06:58 PM

I was thinking the same but see two main issues.

1- I think it's a lot easier for a 2nd ruck to spend time up forward rather than down back and Mulligan looks at his best as a negating small defender.

2- Mulligan has played as a ruckman but this season he has looked better in his pure negating tall defender role. I don't know much about him but him seems to be the keep it simple type and not sure switching over roles would suit him.

That being said, I am not sure we have many other options.

GVGjr
11-05-2011, 09:50 PM

Most of the pinch hitting ruckman types have a bit of burst power about them but Mulligan hasn't shown that. He's not a strong mark either. If we were to use him as the 2nd ruckman I think at the moment it would need to be linked to a defensive role.

Desipura
11-05-2011, 10:37 PM
In Mulligan, Schofield, Hargrave and Libba
Out Williams, Gilbee, Wallis and Stack

azabob
11-05-2011, 10:43 PM
In Mulligan, Schofield, Hargrave and Libba
Out Williams, Gilbee, Wallis and Stack

Those changes look good. Where would you play Murphy? You don't think Richmonds rucks will be too mobile for Huddo and Minson?

Desipura
11-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Those changes look good. Where would you play Murphy? You don't think Richmonds rucks will be too mobile for Huddo and Minson?

Murphy goes fwd with Hargrave back in the side

1eyedog
11-05-2011, 10:51 PM

Are Vickery and Graham really that mobile?

Rocco Jones
11-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Could players like Hudson, Gilbee and even Moles survive due to being 'senior' types with so many senior players missing?

It looks like we might need to play Shaggy a week or two before we ideally would like to. We are lacking tall defensive options, again that's not ideal for him but I think he would still offer us more than Mulligan. Could it be a good idea to play him on someone less mobile anyway due to just coming back in/regaining fitness base etc?

I don't really like the idea of playing Mulligan and Hudson in the same side. If Mulligan struggles down back he will quickly become a massive liability, a problem exacerbated by our dinoruck combo.

comrade
11-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Could players like Hudson, Gilbee and even Moles survive due to being 'senior' types with so many senior players missing?

It looks like we might need to play Shaggy a week or two before we ideally would like to. We are lacking tall defensive options, again that's not ideal for him but I think he would still offer us more than Mulligan. Could it be a good idea to play him on someone less mobile anyway due to just coming back in/regaining fitness base etc?

I don't really like the idea of playing Mulligan and Hudson in the same side. If Mulligan struggles down back he will quickly become a massive liability, a problem exacerbated by our dinoruck combo.

Yes, if Mulligan plays, Huddo shouldn't and a combination of Mully and Jones would need to help out Minson.

Rocco Jones
12-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Yes, if Mulligan plays, Huddo shouldn't and a combination of Mully and Jones would need to help out Minson.

Forgot about Jones. Jones, Mulligan and Dinorucks= very scary potential tall/immobile liabilities. I can't believe Markovic is in our 22 and I don't have him in that group! That's not to mention Skinner possibly staying in the 22.

I'm scared. :(

How about this team...

B: Shaggy, Morris, Markovic
HB: Stack, Mulligan, Hill
C: Cross, Boyd, Picken
HF: Ward, Jones, Bobby
F: Sherman, Grant, Gia
R: Minson, Cooney, Griffen
I/C: Wallis, Libba, Schofield
Sub: Gilbee

LostDoggy
12-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Murphy goes fed with Hargrave back in the side

Shaggy can't be possibly be fit enough for senior football. His injury was serious and he spent a long time on the sidelines. We've already paid the consequences of rushing Lake and Cooney back before they were ready, do we really want to make the mistake of doing the same to him?

Desipura
12-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Shaggy can't be possibly be fit enough for senior football. His injury was serious and he spent a long time on the sidelines. We've already paid the consequences of rushing Lake and Cooney back before they were ready, do we really want to make the mistake of doing the same to him?

Hargrave is naturally a fit player if that makes any sense, I guess his body shape has something to do with that. Fantasia has stated that he has had 6 weeks of solid training so that is more than Lake had.
Whilst nothing beats match fitness, I think we will roll the dice given the experience out of the side currently. It also allows us to play Murphy forward which the tigers may struggle with.

Bumper Bulldogs
12-05-2011, 06:41 PM
How about this team...

B: Shaggy, Morris, Markovic
HB: Stack, Mulligan, Hill
C: Cross, Boyd, Picken
HF: Ward, Jones, Bobby
F: Sherman, Grant, Gia
R: Minson, Cooney, Griffen
I/C: Wallis, Libba, Schofield
Sub: Gilbee The only change i would make would be Moles in for Libba I would also look at Veszpremi for Wallis as the sub.

I think we will need the added pace against the Tigers.

Ghost Dog
12-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Murphy is one player we can switch.
Griffen is now spending time down back.
Could Grant be a possible candidate for some time in a HB role to develop a bit of mongrel? Conversley, would love to see picken in the foward line, that's if he doesn't give away a ton of frees.

Mantis
12-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Murphy is one player we can switch.
Griffen is now spending time down back.
Could Grant be a possible candidate for some time in a HB role to develop a bit of mongrel? Conversley, would love to see picken in the foward line, that's if he doesn't give away a ton of frees.

He was chasing around Everitt for a bit in the last qtr last week, but perhaps that was more out of neccessity than anything else.