PDA

View Full Version : Mr Eade, Mr Eade

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 05:05 PM
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3029/mreadeposter.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/200/mreadeposter.jpg/)

this will a looooong season :confused:

Ghost Dog
07-05-2011, 05:08 PM
LOL. Actually I was preparing myself for a tirade when I opened this thread but you made me laugh. Good work West Dog

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 05:32 PM
LOL. Actually I was preparing myself for a tirade when I opened this thread but you made me laugh. Good work West Dog

I like making posters , this came very quickly to mind after today's effort, at the moment I,d rather have a laugh about the situation than kick the furniture

Rocco Jones
07-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Love the poster WD but may I ask why you use commas in place of apostrophes?

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Love the poster WD but may I ask why you use commas in place of apostrophes?

About the same reason we use a handpass backwards instead of a kick to a leading player

Flamethrower
07-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Is it Eade's fault if the players refuse to execute said game plan, and have the work ethic of a dole bludger for extended periods of the game.

The MC could drop the guilty parties, but I doubt the AFL would allow us to only field 3 or 4 players each week.

bornadog
07-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Is it Eade's fault if the players refuse to execute said game plan, and have the work ethic of a dole bludger for extended periods of the game.

The MC could drop the guilty parties, but I doubt the AFL would allow us to only field 3 or 4 players each week.

There was a great example of why Eade has no hair in the third quarter when Pyke soccered the goal. There were at least 4 or 5 dogs players standing flat footed in the backline as the ball sailed over their head to three Swans players on their own and then when Pyke was heading towards the ball, they decided to make a half hearted effort to try and stop him. Not one player on goal side to stop that soccer goal.

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 06:09 PM

There was a great example of why Eade has no hair in the third quarter when Pyke soccered the goal. There were at least 4 or 5 dogs players standing flat footed in the backline as the ball sailed over their head to three Swans players on their own and then when Pyke was heading towards the ball, they decided to make a half hearted effort to try and stop him. Not one player on goal side to stop that soccer goal.

I did'nt make the poster to start a who did or did'nt do what thread

I just like to have a laugh, now and then , situations/ circumstances permitting

LostDoggy
07-05-2011, 06:36 PM
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3029/mreadeposter.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/200/mreadeposter.jpg/)

this will a looooong season :confused:

I think Eade's to busy doing this.
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/24/129165807940120225.jpg

ledge
07-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Can I ask why Eade isnt getting the blame for the problems we have, after all he has had 7 years to put together a team, its not like he is taking over a terrible list, its his list.
If they are lazy or cant kick etc doesnt this become a coaches error after 7 years on the job?

Cyberdoggie
07-05-2011, 06:47 PM
I did'nt make the poster to start a who did or did'nt do what thread

I just like to have a laugh, now and then , situations/ circumstances permitting

Thanks West-Dog,

It made me chuckle, after a very depressing afternoon.

Rocco Jones
07-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Can I ask why Eade isnt getting the blame for the problems we have, after all he has had 7 years to put together a team, its not like he is taking over a terrible list, its his list.
If they are lazy or cant kick etc doesnt this become a coaches error after 7 years on the job?

I can definitely get your frustration ledge, I think this board is rather Eade friendly. It's relatively great compared to the ridiculous stuff on facebook and negative views on BF though.

I don't have him as a dead man walking yet but obviously if things don't improve this season, we need to replace him.

DOG GOD
07-05-2011, 06:50 PM

This makes me laugh everytime i watch a game Ledge. How can players who cant kick be drafted in the first place? :confused:

ledge
07-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Dont get me wrong I am not an Eade basher, I actually like him but coaches have a use by date and after 7 years we are looking a bit stale in hunger.
Looking for excuses isnt right, its fixing them and players wanting to play as a team and for the coach.

1eyedog
07-05-2011, 09:31 PM
C'mon, it's not possible that all of our players are going to GWS is it? :D

Ghost Dog
08-05-2011, 12:46 AM
From what GVG was saying on another thread, training can be a bit lax at times. Unupervised drills and so forth. I'm pretty furious about today, even though I tipped the swans. Just they have more spread of hungry players. And yes, Andres Everitt played ok today.

AndrewP6
08-05-2011, 01:22 AM
From what GVG was saying on another thread, training can be a bit lax at times. Unupervised drills and so forth. I'm pretty furious about today, even though I tipped the swans. Just they have more spread of hungry players. And yes, Andres Everitt played ok today.

Interesting, I was watching some Bulldogs TV the other night. An interview with Shermanator ("Justin Sherman on his form") where he talks about how he's enjoying the Kennel. At one point, he mentions that goalkicking is a real focus for them, they take a lot of pride in their goalkicking. He commented that they spend 20 minutes before the main training session each week on it. :confused:

Interesting interview, but with these comments I was amazed...

Desipura
08-05-2011, 08:06 AM

Whilst he needs to take some responsibility for the playing list, there are only so many times you can try and climb the mountain and just fall short.
It then just becomes too hard for the same group of players at the twilight of their careers.
You then rely on the next batch of future leaders, unfortunately they have not as yet had the impact I wish they would.

Hotdog60
08-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Interesting, I was watching some Bulldogs TV the other night. An interview with Shermanator ("Justin Sherman on his form") where he talks about how he's enjoying the Kennel. At one point, he mentions that goalkicking is a real focus for them, they take a lot of pride in their goalkicking. He commented that they spend 20 minutes before the main training session each week on it. :confused:

Interesting interview, but with these comments I was amazed...

Yes they practice but by the sounds of it, it's all unsupervised the players do their own thing with no instruction if they are doing it wrong. A bit like me going to the local oval and taking pot shot at goal but I have a crappy ball drop and every time I push them to the right and no one there to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

GVGjr
08-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Yes they practice but by the sounds of it, it's all unsupervised the players do their own thing with no instruction if they are doing it wrong. A bit like me going to the local oval and taking pot shot at goal but I have a crappy ball drop and every time I push them to the right and no one there to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I guess I need to make this a bit clearer. Based on some sessions I have seen we just don't extract the most out of the goal kicking drills. Its not unsupervised but it's not really driven by the coaches either. Mantis pointed out that some players were having multiple misses because they simply were not allowing for the cross wind. Sure a player could miss one or two but if they were being driven by the coaches they would make the adjustments a lot quicker.

LostDoggy
08-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Well, this has turned into a criticism thread quite quickly

Its fine doing goal kicking drills but there is no point doing hours of practice kicking for goal when during the game you never get your hands on it

As far as I,m concerned all ball drills/ goal kicking practice should be done with a wet ball , if you don't play in 100% dry conditions then why have 100% dry training

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4641/wetballposter.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/wetballposter.jpg/)

LostDoggy
08-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the laughs West Dog - especially loved the last one about the wet ball training! Very clever and cute and most welcome after an ordinary weekend on the footy field!

LostDoggy
24-05-2011, 08:27 PM
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5573/poster7d4f935756a8f518a.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/219/poster7d4f935756a8f518a.jpg/)

The new improved version with 1 less O and block letters

AndrewP6
24-05-2011, 10:53 PM
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8020/poster63b239b17d1fdd6f8.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/poster63b239b17d1fdd6f8.jpg/)

Looks good, West-Dog. But the teacher in me says "too" should be "to"...it's report writing time after all! (Which is what I should be doing now :) )

LostDoggy
24-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Nitpicker ;) , I,ll change it in a minute

Struth , if it isn't some kind of commostrophe it's my spalling ;)

AndrewP6
24-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Nitpicker ;) , I,ll change it in a minute

Struth , if it isn't some kind of commostrophe it's my spalling ;)

Shouldn,t that be "isn,t"??

OK, I,ll stop now! :)

Commostrophes FTW!!!

Desipura
25-05-2011, 10:52 AM
I personally will be sad to see Rocket go. I think he has done a very good job coaching this team to 3 prelim's. Our next batch of leaders need to be better than previous and current leaders at the club.

LostDoggy
25-05-2011, 06:37 PM
I dont think Rocket is going at all , if the decision is made to make a change it's highly likely he will just step back as an Assistant to make the transition easier

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showpost.php?p=216886&postcount=23

I,ll just put this out there , maybe after 7 years Mr Eade has lost his Mojo and the only way he can get it back is with the power of the Beard , so here is his challenge , Mr Eade you cannot shave unless you can get us into the 8 , if you shave beforehand you have to donate $1000 to the Bulldoze The Debt fund

AndrewP6
25-05-2011, 07:27 PM
I personally will be sad to see Rocket go. I think he has done a very good job coaching this team to 3 prelim's. Our next batch of leaders need to be better than previous and current leaders at the club.

Agree with that.

1eyedog
26-05-2011, 02:58 PM

So are you blaming Rocket or the leaders at the club? If it's the latter then which leader(s) move on with Rocket at the end of the year?

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
26-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Apostrophes are overrrated

Desipura
26-05-2011, 03:40 PM
So are you blaming Rocket or the leaders at the club? If it's the latter then which leader(s) move on with Rocket at the end of the year?
Have I not mentioned this enough times? Gilbee, Gia & Huddo.
Hall will retire at years end.

BulldogBelle
26-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Imagine Rocket with a top 6 football expenditure at his disposal, and a list that isn't completely full of weaknesses that he's done a great job of working with and disguising.

Get behind your coach.

Chicago1
27-05-2011, 12:44 AM
I have the greatest admiration for Rocket. He has given us more hope these past few years than at any other time in the 34 years that I've been a member. And on a personal note, he has been more than gracious to me during my visits. He even wore the Chicago Cubs cap I gave him to a non-Bulldogs match last year! :p