PDA

View Full Version : Draftees

Rance Fan
08-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Now i know its early days and we need to give them sometime etc

But out of our draftees over the last few years, who will step up and make the grade for us?

To me Libba looks like he will be good for us.
The others...

Cordy - no impact at VFL level it seems so far
Wallis - early days but seems rather slow for AFL level
Howard - will he step up? Has he the size?

And the others??.....

No Dustin Martins coming our way??
:rolleyes:

G-Mo77
08-05-2011, 11:13 AM

I'm sure if we bottomed out a player like this would be easier to grab in the draft.

I think we've done very well in the drafts considering we are getting later picks because of finishing in the top 4.

GVGjr
08-05-2011, 11:25 AM

But out of our draftees over the last few years, who will step up and make the grade for us?

The others...

And the others??.....

Wallis will be OK and I have no doubt about that.
Howard is a good size and just needs a lot of games at Williamstown to teach him about playing senior football.

comrade
08-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Seriously, you're disappointed we don't have a Dustin Martin coming through? I'm not even going to bother.

LostDoggy
08-05-2011, 12:04 PM
How can Libba be good, but Wallis slow?

Libba isn't quick at all.

chef
08-05-2011, 12:05 PM

The others...

And the others??.....

No Dustin Martins coming our way??:rolleyes:

C.Ward looks alright;)

LostDoggy
08-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Seriously, you're disappointed we don't have a Dustin Martin coming through? I'm not even going to bother.

At the moment I,m much more focused on watching Matthew Panos, 2009 Under 18 All Australian Full Forward, he could be our direct replacement for Hall, his steady progression at Williamstown is very important

LostDoggy
08-05-2011, 01:00 PM
At the moment I,m much more focused on watching Matthew Panos, 2009 Under 18 All Australian Full Forward, he could be our direct replacement for Hall, his steady progression at Williamstown is very important

good call - seems to have increased his speed off mark and tackling. Interested to watch a bit of Willi game yesterday and he seemed to be moving well, pushing to half forward as the modern game requires. Good kick for goal also.. Seems one of those players that will have to earn every game he gets, which is interesting because some forwards seem to get a 'free ride' based on potential..

The Underdog
08-05-2011, 01:07 PM

The others...

And the others??.....

Adam Cooney and Ryan Griffen are our Cotchin & Martin's. You know the players we got to pick in the first few pick's because we were shit the year before. We just haven't been bad enough recently enough. There's a reason guys get picked in the top 3. We haven't picked there for a while and hence we haven't had access to those players.

LostDoggy
08-05-2011, 04:19 PM

Good call, he showed a lot in the NAB Cup game at Geelong

Remi Moses
08-05-2011, 04:54 PM

The others...

And the others??.....

This is Big Footy type thread! Yes Dustin Martin, Ummm that's cos they were crap .

Remi Moses
08-05-2011, 04:58 PM

Like the look of Panos.

SlimPickens
08-05-2011, 05:05 PM
C.Ward looks alright;)

He certainly does, unfortunately I think the best of Callan Ward won't be seen at our footy club.

SlimPickens
08-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Like the look of Panos.

Played very well yesterday, absolute dead eye when it comes to shooting for goal.

OLD SCRAGGer
08-05-2011, 05:16 PM
I know I'm going out on a LARGE LIMB here, but I'm guessing (Hoping) that with a few more games in Willy 2's then rest of seniors in Willy seniors, Young Tom Hill just MIGHT surprise a few and be a VERY nice replacement for Bazza in 2012 . He has a very good body size and just looks like a forward :)

LostDoggy
08-05-2011, 05:31 PM
I know I'm going out on a LARGE LIMB here, but I'm guessing (Hoping) that with a few more games in Willy 2's then rest of seniors in Willy seniors, Young Tom Hill just MIGHT surprise a few and be a VERY nice replacement for Bazza in 2012 . He has a very good body size and just looks like a forward :)

When we drafted him i was excited, because the guy does have talent & could prove an ok AFL player if his body holds up.

Cyberdoggie
09-05-2011, 11:24 AM

He's got a few negatives that will be difficult to work around but one thing he does have is a beautiful kick. Pretty much nails every shot he gets, i wish Jones and Roughead were the same.

The Doctor
09-05-2011, 05:17 PM
He's got a few negatives that will be difficult to work around but one thing he does have is a beautiful kick. Pretty much nails every shot he gets, i wish Jones and Roughead were the same.

he also kicks more goals than two