PDA

View Full Version : Reading tigers reading dogs

Ghost Dog
10-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Some snippets from Richmond forums, posters reading our forum!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just sterilised my eyes after reading some of the Doggies forum.

For a team playing like crap and introducing some young kids in the team, they generally consider this to be a game they "should" win - a "danger game".

Yet I see this as a game we "should" win. First Q is crucial - we're 0 - 7 in first Qs this year

On form we should punish them - they are unfit, lazy, playing without passion, lacking run and structure and their KPPs have been either missing or woeful at both ends.

If we were playing Collingwood or Geelong I think we'd be in for a lesson, but its the 2 and 4 Dogs.

Am I getting ahead of myself?

Ghost Dog: Answer....yes. You are.
-------------------------------------------

I reckon we can play ourselves back into form V tigers.
Here's hope so and how sweet it will be if we win....

Murphy'sLore
10-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Sadly I'm forced to admit they make some good points. :(

bornadog
10-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Sadly I'm forced to admit they make some good points. :(

Take out their Full Back, Centre Half Back, Full forward, some midfielders and lets see how they play.

LostDoggy
10-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Take out their Full Back, Centre Half Back, Full forward, some midfielders and lets see how they play.

Agree. They are getting well ahead of themselves. They are sitting in their prime 9th spot and had a little 20 hour spurt in the top 8. They haven't even left Melbourne yet..3 wins over North, Brisbane and Fremantle aint gunna get you there come September.

bornadog
10-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Agree. They are getting well ahead of themselves. They are sitting in their prime 9th spot and had a little 20 hour spurt in the top 8. They haven't even left Melbourne yet..3 wins over North, Brisbane and Fremantle aint gunna get you there come September.

The Freo win was a good win for them.

LostDoggy
10-05-2011, 06:36 PM
The Freo win was a good win for them.

Yeah no doubt. But we're not playing for the June/July Premiership..some fans of clubs just can't comprehend that its a long season ;)

Remi Moses
10-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Punt Rd end is a deplorable fan site. If you think we Carry on after a loss,just have a glance over there after a loss. They carried on like Wallace was the second coming of christ when he arrived. Looking at them they've got their early picks right finally, but for mine they have a dearth of good talent in that 70 to 100 game range. Their key backs for mine need more summers in the Gym, Rance is a real goer but he butchers the ball and they kick to Riewoldt to often. Their on the way up as they should be,with those early picks.

Remi Moses
10-05-2011, 08:01 PM

Yes and if Brown had played against them he would have rag dolled Mcguane and Brisbane would have won. It will be interesting to see how they go during the tough months with those young players. If the dogs workrate improves as it should I think we'll win, but if we just work hard in spurts we'll get done!

LostDoggy
10-05-2011, 08:20 PM
I have had a shocking and worrying start to the season, usually I feel terrible after a loss almost like a part of my insides have been ripped out. I have hardly had any feeling this year my blood and temperature has remained idle :( even after playing the Bombers and Pies! Then I woke Monday and checked the fixture and immediately my blood started to pump, this morning the juices are starting to flow, finally, finally my feelings are back and I have my utter disgust and hatred for the Richmond Football Club to thank. So I must Thank the 'Tiges' for starting my season and I have no doubt with their help getting us back on
track. ;)

G-Mo77
10-05-2011, 08:28 PM
If I was a Richmond supporter I'd be feeling pretty confident as well.

aker39
10-05-2011, 09:06 PM

But they are not, and ours will be missing, hence their postiveness

Greystache
10-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Who's gives a shit what they have to say. They get 80,000 at a game when they win 3 in a row, then they get 25,000 when they've lost 3 in the same season, and some numpty will drop chicken manure at the club. Biggest band wagoning supporters in the AFL, and the quickest to turn, they remind me of English Soccer fans.

Ghost Dog
10-05-2011, 09:44 PM
I have had a shocking and worrying start to the season, usually I feel terrible after a loss almost like a part of my insides have been ripped out. I have hardly had any feeling this year my blood and temperature has remained idle :( even after playing the Bombers and Pies! Then I woke Monday and checked the fixture and immediately my blood started to pump, this morning the juices are starting to flow, finally, finally my feelings are back and I have my utter disgust and hatred for the Richmond Football Club to thank. So I must Thank the 'Tiges' for starting my season and I have no doubt with their help getting us back on
track. ;)

LOL
V Pies I did admit to some fairly bitter gastric movements.

We are underdogs against the tigers it seems!!
not switched on and fired up, will get out run.
Nearly everyone except yours truly picked the swans by a decent margin last week. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.
Just think our Passion for the contest is not so bad but basic skill errors and fade outs are killing us. Things we can overcome.

Rise Bulldogs!

LostDoggy
11-05-2011, 05:23 PM
They (the supporters) should be cocky about their chances, but this game will different. The Tigers have been good to us over the years, let's say thanks to them on Sunday :)

DOG GOD
11-05-2011, 05:36 PM
We are underdogs against the tigers it seems!!

Not according to sportsbet we aren't. I think we are around $1.70 with the tiges $2.20. That seems like a pretty decent bet for the tiges right there.

Topdog
11-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Not according to sportsbet we aren't. I think we are around $1.70 with the tiges $2.20. That seems like a pretty decent bet for the tiges right there.

took it yesterday

DOG GOD
11-05-2011, 05:52 PM
took it yesterday

I'm very tempted to Topdog.

Ghost Dog
11-05-2011, 08:48 PM
took it yesterday

Sorry but I'm a total loss when it comes to betting.
So, you bet on the tigers to win?

DragzLS1
11-05-2011, 08:51 PM
backed tigers under 39.5 points.
also backed dogs to win between 20-39 points.

generally have a good run with bets.. lets hope i get the 2nd one :) besides it pays more..

LostDoggy
11-05-2011, 09:39 PM
I know the odds could make one think there was money to be made but personally as much as I love a punt in such a crunch game I'd rather us win than making any coin on a loss, it would burn a hole in my pocket and only bring bad luck.

LostDoggy
12-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Some snippets from Richmond forums, posters reading our forum!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just sterilised my eyes after reading some of the Doggies forum.

For a team playing like crap and introducing some young kids in the team, they generally consider this to be a game they "should" win - a "danger game".

Yet I see this as a game we "should" win. First Q is crucial - we're 0 - 7 in first Qs this year

On form we should punish them - they are unfit, lazy, playing without passion, lacking run and structure and their KPPs have been either missing or woeful at both ends.

If we were playing Collingwood or Geelong I think we'd be in for a lesson, but its the 2 and 4 Dogs.

Am I getting ahead of myself?

Ghost Dog: Answer....yes. You are.
-------------------------------------------

I reckon we can play ourselves back into form V tigers.
Here's hope so and how sweet it will be if we win....

No, he's not.

Who's gives a shit what they have to say. They get 80,000 at a game when they win 3 in a row, then they get 25,000 when they've lost 3 in the same season, and some numpty will drop chicken manure at the club. Biggest band wagoning supporters in the AFL, and the quickest to turn, they remind me of English Soccer fans.

Their fans still sign up for memberships though. Who cares if they rip the cards up come Round 10, the club has the moolah.

1eyedog
12-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Yeah no doubt. But we're not playing for the June/July Premiership..some fans of clubs just can't comprehend that its a long season ;)

If we lose on Sunday our season will suddenly get very long and they will be in the mix for a place in the bottom 8.

LostDoggy
12-05-2011, 07:43 PM
If we lose on Sunday our season will suddenly get very long and they will be in the mix for a place in the bottom 8.

They will be 9th. It's genetic. If they ever expand the Final 8 to a Final 10, they'd come 11th.

I'm sure you've all heard this one:

We've finished ninth again
The Richmond Tigers finished ninth again
In any season, you will see it is our fate
To miss out on the 8
We win a few, then lose a lot
And then it is too late
Because were down the drain
We've never been much good since 1982
Be it Frawley or Jewell
Northey or Geisch
We win a few late — and just miss the 8

JohnGentStand
12-05-2011, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=BornAScragger;213835]They will be 9th. It's genetic. If they ever expand the Final 8 to a Final 10, they'd come 11th.

The Richmond Tigers finished ninth again
In any season, you will see it is our fate
To miss out on the 8
We win a few, then lose a lot
And then it is too late
Because were down the drain
We've never been much good since 1982
Be it Frawley or Jewell
Northey or Geisch
We win a few late — and just miss the 8

or there is

We're from termite land
Out of the woodwork we're from termite land
we can't play football, you will see us when we win
Never when we lose
Our players are so crap we should have two teams in the twos
yes were from termite land
And you wont see us when the final siren's gone
Like the termites of old
We crawled back in our holes
how are we tigers ? oh yeah
Big yellow streak!
oh we're from termite land.....

boydogs
15-05-2011, 07:03 PM
also backed dogs to win between 20-39 points.

Good get :)

No, he's not.

Yes he was :D

LostDoggy
15-05-2011, 08:10 PM
^THIS

Also.......

Ahhhhh haahahhhaaaaahhhaaaahaaaaaa

Tigers supporters. Why would ya????!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ghost Dog
15-05-2011, 11:05 PM
^_^ so good

LostDoggy
16-05-2011, 11:16 AM
They will be 9th. It's genetic. If they ever expand the Final 8 to a Final 10, they'd come 11th.

I'm sure you've all heard this one:

Ha! Never knew all the words to that version - thanks BAS Gee, is it really mean to hope they finish 9th again?

LostDoggy
16-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Ha! Never knew all the words to that version - thanks BAS Gee, is it really mean to hope they finish 9th again?

I hope they expand the Final 8 to a Final 10, just so we can give them shit for finishing 11th!

No, it's not mean, it's Richmond. If anybody ever accuses you of being unfair, just speak two words: “Wallace. Brown.”

LostDoggy
16-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Richmond barrackers were nauseating after winning 3 games in a row.....

I had a text from a Richmond supporter friend on Saturday night:

"What happens when your team has a bye cos Richmond has one tomorrow".

I waited until the tv coverage was over yesterday and replied "Well it looks like you get 4 points for a bye. Go Dogs!!" :D