PDA

View Full Version : who is our midfield coach??

LostDoggy
11-05-2011, 09:27 PM
I was going through the Bulldog website, we have Paul William as forward coach, Brett Montgomery as fordward coach and Peter Dean as defense coach. Who is the midfield coach?

With that information, what have they been doing? The forward line is not kicking enough goals, defenders are nearly all injuried and the midfield is not wrorking harding enough.

What is going on?

I was hoping some fellow WOOFer's can help shed some light and give me some hope in this season.

Thank you in advance.

Mantis
11-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Pretty sure it's Paul Williams.

Pickenitup
11-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Time to Get Scott West back to the club and coach the midfielders.

Mantis
11-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Time to Get Scott West back to the club and coach the midfielders.

What would Scott West be able to add to our group which we are currently lacking?

Greystache
11-05-2011, 09:42 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/TheClub/Coaches/CoachProfile/tabid/8644/Default.aspx?coachId=181

Paul Williams- Midfield coach

azabob
11-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I'd say too many injuries and too many young players playing all at once.
Injuries have hurt our structure.

I am glad though Eade has not used this as an excuse publically, not that I have heard.

Hopefully we win 2 or 3 out of the next four and get a better run in the second half of the season.

Before I Die
11-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Pretty sure it's Paul Williams.

I thiught it was Brett Montgomery with Paul Williams taking over the mid-field after Leon Cameron left.

LostDoggy
11-05-2011, 11:07 PM
I sure do hope our injuries will heal, form improves and we freight train into the finals.
We will have a better winning ratios in the second half of theseason I think.

GO DOGS!!!!!!!

MrMahatma
12-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I'd say too many injuries and too many young players playing all at once.
Injuries have hurt our structure.

I am glad though Eade has not used this as an excuse publically, not that I have heard.

Hopefully we win 2 or 3 out of the next four and get a better run in the second half of the season.
Injuries have hurt the fwd and back lines more than the midfield.

Overall though - def feels like our worst yr for injuries in a while.

chef
12-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Camerons departure has really hurt

Bumper Bulldogs
12-05-2011, 07:39 PM

I think SOS was the biggest loss we had.

Mantis
12-05-2011, 10:06 PM

What makes you say that?

Our midfield is really playing no different to how they were last season.

chef
12-05-2011, 10:19 PM
What makes you say that?

Our midfield is really playing no different to how they were last season.

Our mid field has been been beaten in clearances pretty regularly this season. I thought this was a strength of our group under Cameron.

Mantis
12-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Our mid field has been been beaten in clearances pretty regularly this season. I thought this was a strength of our group under Cameron.

Have you noticed a big change in our set-ups which may have been instigated by Williams which haven't been working and may have led to our clearance work becoming an area of concern?

bornadog
13-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Have you noticed a big change in our set-ups which may have been instigated by Williams which haven't been working and may have led to our clearance work becoming an area of concern?

The only big difference is Hudson not playing well.

chef
13-05-2011, 08:22 AM

I haven't noticed anything, it's just we have been consistently getting beaten in an area that was a strength. Maybe BAD is right and the form of Hudson is the reason for this.

bornadog
13-05-2011, 11:02 AM
I haven't noticed anything, it's just we have been consistently getting beaten in an area that was a strength. Maybe BAD is right and the form of Hudson is the reason for this.

The last few years, Hudson played an important role in our clearance work. Currently we are sitting 6th in average contested possessions.

chef
13-05-2011, 07:40 PM
The last few years, Hudson played an important role in our clearance work. Currently we are sitting 6th in average contested possessions.

Do you know where we are for clearances?

bornadog
13-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Do you know where we are for clearances?

Whoops 6th as well. I meant to type clearances and types CP.

I checked the averages as some teams have already played 7 games.

chef
13-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Whoops 6th as well. I meant to type clearances and types CP.

I checked the averages as some teams have already played 7 games.

Thanks, I am happily surprised to see us that high up.

w3design
13-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Me too. Does this reflect how poorly we have been using it?

bornadog
14-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks, I am happily surprised to see us that high up.

Considering we lost 4 games and The Suns beat us in clearances still not a bad effort, although we are talking about average per game.