PDA

View Full Version : Round #8 - Slaps and Sledges

GVGjr
15-05-2011, 02:12 PM
For those who aren't familiar with the Slaps and Sledges thread:

A slap on the back for a job well done by 2 players. (not to be confused with the Woof Player Awards (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9023))
This can be a passage of player or even a spirited effort.

A sledge to two players that let down the team. Try and make this constructive critique and not just overly critical.

Provide us with your thoughts on this afternoons game against the Tigers.

boydogs
15-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Half Time

Gilbee & Minson - that's how its done boys
Sherman & Stack - need target practice

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
15-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Slap Both Hudson and Gilbee for responding and impacting a game again. Both looked like they were finished up to this point in the season.

Sledge - Josh Hill - barely even noticed him out there,
Stack noone can say I'm stack bashing on the back of this week's performance, fumbly, woeful by foot, and caught napping a few times in defense.

LostDoggy
15-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Slap Both Hudson and Gilbee for responding and impacting a game again. Both looked like they were finished up to this point in the season.

Stack noone can say I'm stack bashing on the back of this week's performance, fumbly, woeful by foot, and caught napping a few times in defense.

Disappointing to hear that.

I feel he has the ability to play AFL football, but seems to lack the application.

EasternWest
15-05-2011, 06:52 PM

Stack didn't have a great day, but I thought he was one of our better players in the third when they had a bit of a run on. Few nicely timed spoils and a couple of good disposals.

You'll still get called a Stack basher :).

boydogs
15-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Disappointing to hear that.

I feel he has the ability to play AFL football, but seems to lack the application.

He's too loose with his ball handling and skills
Lacks intensity/concentration/application/aggression

EasternWest
15-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Slap

Jones - grew into his skin a bit more today.
MC - for resting Libba last week.
Addison - a fine job on Deledio.

Sledge

Rance - Bulldogs best player today :). Now Richmond have got a Brad Miller at both ends.
Addison - couple of terrible possessions in succession in the second quarter.
Sherman - checkside banana along the ground in the fourth. No problem with him going for that kick, but put it in the air.

LostDoggy
15-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Slap - Ward , best on ground, daylight second , no body on the ground was more aggressive or committed
Slap - Boyd, tough, hard , bit of claret , real Captain's game

Sledge - Sorry Stack but you were well below standard
Sledge - Sorry Cooney but apart from the nice snap you were terrible

The Coon Dog
15-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Slap - Lindsay Gilbee; 6 goals & 4 goal assists.
Slap - Ryan Hargrave - First game back & looked like he'd never been out of the team.
Slap - Dustin Martin - How good is this kid? Well worth the admittance money alone just to watch him.

Sledge - Brennan Stack - I like Stacky, but today I just didn't want him to get the ball, always seemed to put someone under the pump.
Sledge - Richmond's 'Coast to Coast' goals. There were a number of them & whilst it looked good from a Tigers perspective, it just looked too easy.
Sledge - Angus Graham - At least try & look at the ball when you play in the ruck!

angelopetraglia
15-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Slap Gilbee, six goals, enough said.
Slap Minson, just for taking a few massive marks and going back and slotting the goals
Slap Hargrave, the 2009 model looked back. Ran hard and always looks cool under pressure.

Sledge Hill, did he get near it?
Stack To many bad fumbles. Some costly turn overs again.

AndrewP6
15-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Slaps
Ward - jeez I hope this bloke sticks around
Gilbee - answered the critics in emphatic fashion.

Special mention to Boyd and Willllbur, Hargrave being solid, and Libba for playing with such poise.

Sledges

Stack - makes me nervous when he has the ball.
Grant - 3 misses from gettable kicks, must improve this aspect of his game.

Dishonourable mention to Metro Trains for the closures of the Pakenham, Cranbourne AND Frankston lines. Couldn't be bothered driving, watched on delay at home :(

comrade
15-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Slap - Dustin Martin - How good is this kid? Well worth the admittance money alone just to watch him.

When he gets the ball, no one can get near him. Pretty scary to think how good he'll become.

He's the next Judd with a better kick.

The Pie Man
15-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Slaps for Gilbee, Minson, Ward & Hargrave. Also love Lib with an inside 50, he normally finds someone

No sledges tonight, not in the mood :)

w3design
15-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Slap: Ward, you were brilliant. Please please please dogs, whatever it takes to sign this gem.
Slap: Gilbee reminded us of that 'elite' kicking which had gone missing.
Slap: Murph is playing his best ever footy.

Honorable mention: really liked Jones' game today.

Sledge: last week I could see why the MC are persisting with Stack. Today he looked like a panic merchant far too often. (Though there were some nice spoils..)

Sledge: Jake King, go away.

LostDoggy
15-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Slap - Rocket Eade for having a card up his sleeve, Gilbee up forward? Nice. Slap to Gilbee for his hard work too. And yes Minno even you held them and followed through today. Slap to you aswell.

Individual slap to Callan Ward. Im happy to dig into my pockets and give to the 'Keep Cal a Bulldog' cause. Ticked every box today, so happy to have a tough hard young player that can just show em how its done.

Not in a sledge mood either Pie Man...just happy to stick that win up the medias ass before they tore us to bits.

Flamethrower
15-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Slap - Ward , best on ground, daylight second , no body on the ground was more aggressive or committed
Slap - Boyd, tough, hard , bit of claret , real Captain's game

Sledge - Sorry Stack but you were well below standard
Sledge - Sorry Cooney but apart from the nice snap you were terrible

You were at a different game to me. Despite being obviously incapacitated by his bad knee, he never stopped trying and got plenty of it in the clinches.

Slap - Gia. Worked his butt off despite not be rewarded multiple times. How many times did he run his man ragged, got 30m clear only to watch someone else be rewarded with a goal. Some players would have cracked the sads (Richo/Riewoldt/Aker) or hit someone (Bazza) if they were ignored so often.

Slap - Cal Ward. Clean hands and bee lines the ball. Great signs.

Sledge - Justin Sherman. No one can touch it if you kick it high. Play the percentages.

Sledge - Brennan Stack. Every time he did something good, he let him self down with a poor turnover.

Greystache
15-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Slaps-

MC- forward structure was excellent early, much more balanced between class and blue collar.
Gilbee- liked his game the past 2 weeks when pushed forward, but today was one out of the box.
Boyd- clearance work was a highlight.
Minson- great up forward.

Slaps-

Hill- awful today
Stack- some excellent defensive spoils, but his total lack of composure with the ball was terrible.

comrade
15-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Slaps-

Hill- awful today
Stack- some excellent defensive spoils, but his total lack of composure with the ball was terrible.

I want both of these guys to succeed, but when you see them hang off a contest just waiting for the ball to come out, instead of going in and winning it themselves, it makes it hard to defend them.

Stack's first touch was woeful and it looked like a bar of soap in is hands. To his credit, he did battle away and make some good defensive plays after half time.

Hill is just frustrating.

Mofra
15-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Slaps:
- Jones is now holding the marks he was taking at VFL level, especially in the second half. Has made progress
- Gilbee - 10 direct score invovlements is phenominal
- MC, not just this week but they seem more willing to take risks this year (Shaggys inclusion for example)

Sledges:
- Stack is the new Cam Wight: plays well enough for 95% of the match but his highlights package wouldn't be pretty today
- Picken lost touch with Nahas a few times, Liam can do better and will need to lift against top sides

LostDoggy
15-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Slap

Addison - give this guy some game time - looked a real asset despite a couple of slip -ups
Gilbee - leave him there and throw Gia in the midfield
Minson - well done sir! He's always had passion, now he's showing some ability and that he is not always a cotton wool head :)
Ward - have to keep him - nuff said....

Sledge

The negative "season over" chat that was creeping into various posts before this game. Its still early with heaps of upside. Great response by the boys!

LostDoggy
15-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Slap- a lot of dogs, a big lift from Huddo and Gilbee but a massive game from Ward, how the $&@& do we keep this guy at the club, pull out all stops.

Sledge - Stack, not Afl material. I am concerned any time he has the ball. Bad bad bad decisions.

Desipura
15-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Slap to Gilbee, Minson and Ward was fantastic today, I hope he continues that form for the rest of the year!

Sledge to Gia, Hill, (hardly noticed him out there)
Also Grants kicking is atrocious and Cooney does not look fit

Greystache
15-05-2011, 08:52 PM
I want both of these guys to succeed, but when you see them hang off a contest just waiting for the ball to come out, instead of going in and winning it themselves, it makes it hard to defend them.

Stack's first touch was woeful and it looked like a bar of soap in is hands. To his credit, he did battle away and make some good defensive plays after half time.

Hill is just frustrating.

Stack seems to attack the contest better in the air than on the ground, that's not really a good thing for a small running player.

I'm finding it harder and harder to defend Hill, maybe I'm off the mark about him.

Hotdog60
15-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Slap to Gilbee, Minson and Ward was fantastic today, I hope he continues that form for the rest of the year!

Sledge to Gia, Hill, (hardly noticed him out there)
Also Grants kicking is atrocious and Cooney does not look fit

Rocket said in the press after the game the Cooney is being hindered by his knee which is affecting his disposal. Seemed to give the impression that it's not something that can be quickly fixed and will have to work through it. Rocket also said he though Adam played well and worked hard for his 27 possessions.

Desipura
15-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Rocket said in the press after the game the Cooney is being hindered by his knee which is affecting his disposal. Seemed to give the impression that it's not something that can be quickly fixed and will have to work through it. Rocket also said he though Adam played well and worked hard for his 27 possessions.

His disposal efficiency is down especially his kicking for goal.
Sherman can be a bit greedy when he sees the goals in front of him. Seems to have the blinkers on, needs to focus more on the team.

Jasper
15-05-2011, 09:06 PM

Cooney played ok when the sting was out of the game. His first 5-10 possies were possessions to our disadvantage. He wasn't just missing targets either, he was miles off, also a couple of tackle efforts and contested efforts were ordinary. I am really concerned about Cooney.

Slap - Did Callan Ward arrive today, he looked the player I hoped he could be...fast, hard, good disposal and vision - fantastic

Will Minson - Well done big man

Libba - very tidy in tight.

Gilbee - good finishing

Jones and Grant - Contested well.

Hargrave - was excellent

Sledges - Stack and Hill don't attack ground ball contests hard enough for mine. And Cooney as per above, is injured and is really struggling.

The Underdog
15-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Slap - Cal Ward, best game yet? Stepped up every time
Slap - Will Minson. Set a standard early on and carried it through the whole game

Sledge - Josh Hill. Honestly I reckon his missus bounces off his attempts to hug her and has 3 bounces and a shot at goal. Worst on ground for us by a long way
Sledge - Cooney. For a guy who is one of our best, some of his disposal borders on careless.
Didn't mind parts of his game, I think sometimes expectations are too high but man he can make it look effortless or like he's not putting in any effort.

LostDoggy
15-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Slaps - Gilbee and Minson,

Sledge to Cooney, Hill, Stack,and Sherman

The main positives I can take out of the Sledge is I know Cooney will get better and consistent.

LostDoggy
15-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Slap - Gilbee, Huddo & Wilbur for proving us all wrong today regarding there form
Slap - Libba, Jones & Ward for reinforcing there is a future developing at the Doggies
Slap - Boyd, not for his usual high possessions but his damaging delivery with the ball. Much better.
Slap - Rocket for an excellent tactical coaching display and sticking to his word.
Sledge - Josh Hill ..... just frustrating
Sledge - Hate to say it but Brennan Stack. Doesnt insert a lot of strength in his game and did really stuff up a number of of disposals. Should stay there until we have a better backman to replace him though .... such as Wood, DJ or Williams etc.
Sledge - Justin Sherman for 2 or 3 selfish kicks into the forward line. Trying to get goals when there were better options.
Sledge - Addison ...... trys hard but dont think he really has the skills.

Bumper Bulldogs
15-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Slap - To the forwards coach as it all the forward line/players seem to know what to do and what was needed. They looked good and if we had a fit Bazza he would have kicked 10 today with that delivery.
Slep - Gia, he was barking out instructions and helping the young guys today. I thought he was a true leader today, In the 3rd quarter after Jones ran to block the ball in 3 times across the ground 9He was spent) Gia told he to get off have a rest and prepare to do that $%#! again. with a pat on the backside!

Sledge - the Midfield coaches, if Cooney has a bad knee why not sub him off at 1/2 time, Sorry guys i thought he was a liability to the team today and clearly not right, why did they not put him on ice and move Josh forward to get him into the game, it have have just sparked him up a little.
Sledge - The umpires, Jake King will never learn to shut him mouth and act like a team player when they don't take the ball from him when he try's to throw his weight around after the play has stopped, I have no issue with defending your team mates but seriously he looked like a tired old man that the game had passed and he detracted from the game. Harwick he will cost you a win in a crunch game very soon!

SlimPickens
15-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Slap- Minno, really good hands today and nice converting when shooting for goal.

Slap- C Ward- brilliant game today, some of his kicks to leads where excellent. I'm very pessimistic about keeping him next season. We need to move hell and earth to keep this bloke.

Slap- Libba-class.

Slap- L Jones- Presented really well. 9 Marks, a couple of goals and good pressure.

Slap/Sledge- Grant- presented well all day, Slap- kicked 3 Sledge- missed 3.

Sledge- Letting richmond win the last qtr, just gave me the shits.

comrade
15-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Slap to Big Will. David Schwarz claimed that last week's game may have been his last at senior level so it was great to show up the Ox for the flog that he is.

Sledge to Cooney's ball use, particularly in the first half. If his knee injury is so bad that it's causing his disposal to be so off point he either shouldn't be playing at all or he should be playing within his current limitations because he is an absolute liability at times when he just blazes away.

That being said, his work rate seemed good and he was involved for the 4 quarters. Hopefully he can work through this injury and become the player we need him to be.

LostDoggy
15-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Slap Ward of course
Sledge 774 who didnt put Ward in our best 6 .. no mention

Dazza
15-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Slaps

Ward - Wow now that was an impressive game he was phenomenal
Gilbee - 6 goals should have been 7 if Murphy handballed over to him instead of having a shot
Minson - Nice grabs and is a good set shot 4 goals and he used the ball well around the ground too great effort

Sledges

The score Richmond managed to kick
cooney's kicking is still way off he played a little better than other games this season though.

LostDoggy
15-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Slap: Ward. We all know why.
Slap: Minson. One of his best games for us.
Slap: Gilbee. I wrote you off. I'm very sorry.

Sledge: Me. Panicked and started losing faith.

jazzadogs
15-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Slaps:
- Gilbee, I didn't really subscribe to the 'Gilbee is past it' talk, and thought that he had actually played decently since his move to the forward line. But today was something else. Was hoping he'd snag another one at the end of the game.
- Grant. Had a go at Rance a couple of times after he let two kicks through untouched. Nice to see a little bit of arrogance from a young player, it's the kind of thing people want Schofield brought in for.
- Morris. Beat Riewoldt in every one-on-one, was unlucky with a couple of kicks off the ground and free kicks. There was a great photo of him reaching over Riewoldt's boot to stop him getting another one off the ground.
- Ward. If he brings that consistently, the media won't just have Dustin Martin to talk about.

Sledge:
- Picken wasn't at his best today, as stated by another poster. Huge Picken fan, but just wasn't his best day.
- Hill. Thought Stack was better as even though he had a few moments that were below par, he got in a fair few good spoils. Was one point where he lost body contact with Vickery or Miller, and they marked uncontested. Hill however provided basically nothing. Wasn't upset to see him subbed.
- Jack Riewoldt and co pushing Hudson around while he was still lying on the ground. Let the Bearded One rise before you start giving it to him.

Ghost Dog
15-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Slaps-

MC- forward structure was excellent early, much more balanced between class and blue collar. Gilbee- liked his game the past 2 weeks when pushed forward, but today was one out of the box.
Boyd- clearance work was a highlight.
Minson- great up forward.

Slaps-

Hill- awful today

Nice touch

Slaps to Big Will, who is never too cool for school come goal celebration time
Gia for working hard at it and as someone mentioned, always being an option while not getting the reward
Boyd - Just so reliable today and kept at it

Slaps - All those people who put money on the tigers. har har

Sedat
15-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Stack is a double-grabber, he'll never be a clean one-grabber like a Cotchin or McLeod type. And because of his unsure hands he tends to struggle to get clear and then rushes his disposal because of the increased pressure on him. You can see that he has an almighty crack and at least tries to initiate run and carry from our back half. He also spoils well for a defender. Everybody at the game today could see that he sprayed 3-4 kicks further afield and also made a few ball-handling errors, but so did Sherman, Cooney (injured knee notwithstanding) and Picken on the day, yet we all only remember Stack's skill and decision-making errors. He is what he is, which is a depth player who is warming the seat until Wood returns.

SLAP - Gilbee for sublime kicking for goal and clever forward positioning, not to mention unselfish goal assists
SLAP - Richmond's recruiters for selecting Alex Rance at pick 18 in the 07 ND. If they didn't we may well have selected him over Ward at pick 19, and Rance isn't a key defender's backside (immaculate suntan though)
SLAP - Boyd's sensational clearance work and much better ball use into forward 50 (one notable clanger aside)
SLEDGE - Sherman for his horrendous decision-making and kicking into forward 50. Very average for a player who has been in the system for 8 years.

Remi Moses
15-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Slap- Gilbee (Best game for yolks)
Ward - Sensational clear B.O.G
Libba - players with great poise are very handy
Huddo - Took that young Graham to the cleaners. Richmond Ruck coach might be best advised to get Graham to keep his eyes on the ball at the Ruck contest
Jones - Very promising effort
Will- Best Game for the club ( clunked all his marks)

Sledge- Riewoldt's dive and subsequent free( obviously a family trait)
Stack- just fumbles to much
Hill- Has to work harder or league career won't last much longer

G-Mo77
15-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Slap - 1st Quarter! Wow. Please play more like that, it is what's needed to win games and it's been missing for most of the season.

Slap - Morris. I thought he beat Jack today. I really wanted to squeeze him in my votes.

Slap - Libba. I'm starting to call him Midas. Every time he touches the ball it seems to turn to gold. He is just a kid and he plays like a veteran. A very important cog to our team.

Slap - Ward. Whoah! Do this after we sign you son. That is the best game out of a Bulldogs I have seen for a very long time.

Slap - Hudson/Will. OK I'm still sceptical but if Will can play like this most weeks it will work.

Sledge - Lapses. Richmond put on scores it small passages of play. While it was good that we put our foot down each time they came at us it's still worrying that we do have lapses like this.

Sledge - Josh Hill. I really didn't think too many players were that bad today. I found it really hard to find a passage of play I could say "Well done". Disappointing.

Sledge - Jake King. Go and become a steeplechase jockey you little turd!

Drunken Bum
16-05-2011, 12:02 AM
- Jack Riewoldt and co pushing Hudson around while he was still lying on the ground. Let the Bearded One rise before you start giving it to him.

looked very bad i thought and there were a couple of pushes with the legs that were getting dangerously close to kneeing i thought. I dont think there was a lot in it but geez you want to be careful with stuff like that

bornadog
16-05-2011, 12:28 AM
. And Cooney as per above, is injured and is really struggling.

Cooney's kicking was woeful but I thought he played well today, really lively in the forward line and picked up a handy 27 disposals, of which the 16 handballs hit targets.

Dancin' Douggy
16-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Slap. Libba, Ward.

Sledge. Stack. Cooney

LostDoggy
16-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Slap - Richmond for continue to play Jake King against us.
Also Pick 19 for McMahon looked good yesterday while pick 18 was all at sea.

Jasper
16-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Cooney's kicking was woeful but I thought he played well today, really lively in the forward line and picked up a handy 27 disposals, of which the 16 handballs hit targets.

Guess we differ, in a game called football, if the majority of your kicks miss targets (and at least two goals in Q1), I don't see how Cooney could have played well..I'll go a step further...Cooney's performance was shithouse.

LostDoggy
16-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Slap - Welcome back Shaggy! Good to see you doing well in your first game on the park.
Slap - Callan Ward - how tough is this kid!
Slap - Gilbee - thanks for reminding me what a great kick you are!

Sledge - Cooney - love ya but you are perhaps injured - no power in those kicks anymore?
Sledge - Jarrad Grant - great marks should be followed by a great goal!

The Underdog
16-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Guess we differ, in a game called football, if the majority of your kicks miss targets (and at least two goals in Q1), I don't see how Cooney could have played well..I'll go a step further...Cooney's performance was shithouse.

Not a Daniel Cross fan then?

Ozza
16-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Slap - Ward's clean hands below his knees and in the air...I've always loved his attack on the ball - but he has never been the cleanest player going around - this week he had it all. Outstanding.

Liberatore - He didn't quite make my Marmo votes but was probably a bit stiff - poise beyond his years, and 2 good finishes for goals.

Sledge - Blokes who bounce the ball when they have an option up the field - a real bug bear for me. Sherman the worst offender today.

Sledge/Slap - letting Richmond back in the game twice with really sluggish periods of play/ responding both times and kicking away showed some real 'resilliance'.

the banker
16-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Slaps
Ward - a jet with attitude
Will - Determined to succeed. Never give in.
Cooney - Working hard. It will come Adam
Shaggy - fantastic effort. Moves with grace.
Libba - great vision and poise.

Sledge

Sherman - needs to moderate the flair without losing it

Topdog
16-05-2011, 10:30 AM

He wasn't good but he was far from shithouse. He had some shithouse kicks though. Just an average game from someone who is much better.

Sledge: JRoo - you don't have to go for a speccy every time the ball is kicked into the forward line.

SlimPickens
16-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Sledge

Sherman - needs to moderate the flair without losing it

This is what I expected with Sherman, he is going to take the game on, try a kick the freak goal and attack. He will make mistakes but his speed is very important for our team, yes he made mistake yesterday but geez he runs hard. To get the best out of Sherman we need him to think he is the best player out there.

LostDoggy
16-05-2011, 10:59 AM
He wasn't good but he was far from shithouse. He had some shithouse kicks though. Just an average game from someone who is much better.

Sledge: JRoo - you don't have to go for a speccy every time the ball is kicked into the forward line.

I was looking forward to seeing Riewoldt play, and was ultimately very disappointed (whilst obviously relieved as well).

The first free he got, he overran the ball because he was so desperate to get his hands on it, took a dive and the rest of that is history.

Definitely struggled against The Glove. The Cheer Squad was giving it to him too, he came back behind the goals at a set shot and was getting back into them, then blew them a kiss in the 4th. I thought it a strange gesture from a bloke who did bugger all for his team that day bar a few easy goals from the ump. Very selfish player, and definitely high on himself. Took every chance he could to check himself out on the scoreboard screen. So in the end, not surprised he tried to take speccy after speccy.

LostDoggy
16-05-2011, 11:09 AM
SLAP: Our accurate kicking in the first half - when we had kicked 3 goals I knew we had to keep going (remembering how the last 2 games started) and was pleasantly surprised. Special mention to Gilbee - great kicking!! :)

SLAP: Will Minsons strong marking & accurate kicking. Go Big Willy!! :)

SLEDGE: All the Richmond followers (not supporters) who got stuck into me leading up to the game. One even asked me "What happens when your team has a bye cos Richmond has one tomorrow". I quite happily replied at 6pm last night "Well it looks like you get 4 points for a bye. Go Dogs!!" :D

EasternWest
16-05-2011, 12:03 PM
SLAP: Our accurate kicking in the first half - when we had kicked 3 goals I knew we had to keep going (remembering how the last 2 games started) and was pleasantly surprised. Special mention to Gilbee - great kicking!! :)

SLAP: Will Minsons strong marking & accurate kicking. Go Big Willy!! :)

SLEDGE: All the Richmond followers (not supporters) who got stuck into me leading up to the game. One even asked me "What happens when your team has a bye cos Richmond has one tomorrow". I quite happily replied at 6pm last night "Well it looks like you get 4 points for a bye. Go Dogs!!" :D

Nice work Suz. Very, very nice.

choconmientay
16-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Have not seen anyone slap Murphy, so I would like to give him a slap :)

Slap: Murphy for the miracle goal to stop Richmond run in the third quarter.

Sledge: An oldish Tiger supporter, who was continuing abusing Dale because he was beating JRoo for the whole game.

Greystache
16-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Also- Slap to the Richmond supporters sitting around me. As they were leaving at the 10 minute mark of the last quarter I heard them say, "*!*!*!*! this mob, nothing's changed. They win 3 games in a row so you think it might finally be worth going to watch them, and sure enough they lose. If they think they're getting any more of my money they can get *!*!*!*!ed!"

Such loyalty, brought a tear to my eye. :D

always right
16-05-2011, 01:22 PM
They really understand their football at Tigerland. Had one bloke in front of us continually abusing number 22 for the bulldogs. Loses a lot of impact when you don't even know the name of the bloke you are abusing. I pointed out to him that the bloke who stopped Deledio from getting a kick for most of the first quarter was Addison. I'm helpful like that.

LostDoggy
16-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Nice work Suz. Very, very nice.

Thanks EasternWest. I'm not one to stir people, unless provoked!! ;)

the banker
16-05-2011, 02:04 PM
This is what I expected with Sherman, he is going to take the game on, try a kick the freak goal and attack. He will make mistakes but his speed is very important for our team, yes he made mistake yesterday but geez he runs hard. To get the best out of Sherman we need him to think he is the best player out there.

agree

Murphy'sLore
16-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Some very vocal Richmond lads behind us left at quarter time.

LostDoggy
16-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Also- Slap to the Richmond supporters sitting around me. As they were leaving at the 10 minute mark of the last quarter I heard them say, "*!*!*!*! this mob, nothing's changed. They win 3 games in a row so you think it might finally be worth going to watch them, and sure enough they lose. If they think they're getting any more of my money they can get *!*!*!*!ed!"

Such loyalty, brought a tear to my eye. :D

I thought about that when I saw their banner celebrating their 42,000 members. Although that shits all over our figure, couldn't help but wonder whether the stadium cleaners were picking up 84,000 halves of a membership card at the end…

I suppose they're lucky they got the money, really, I wouldn't knock having 42,000 members, no matter what type they were…

They really understand their football at Tigerland. Had one bloke in front of us continually abusing number 22 for the bulldogs. Loses a lot of impact when you don't even know the name of the bloke you are abusing. I pointed out to him that the bloke who stopped Deledio from getting a kick for most of the first quarter was Addison. I'm helpful like that.

West Coast are like that as well. Last year, had some monkey screaming out, “You're a bastard Number 28!” I was shocked, and asked the guy how he could not know Bazza's name, when the last time he played on that ground he nearly took a bloke's head off…

azabob
16-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Slap - To the backline. I thought they covered for each other very well, during different stages and provided much needed run.

Slap - Murphy. Is having an outstanding season not his best game yesterday disposal wise but he got some really important touches when it counted.

Slap - Gilbee, Minson and Libba kicking pressure goals when the heat was on.

Slap - Good to see Jones and Grant to a lesser degree leading up the wings when needed.

Sledge - Hard to find one, but Jarrod Grant and Dylan Addison when you get shots 35 - 45 m out you really need to nail those.

Mantis
17-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Slap - 'The vibe' - Our players were genuinely happy when something was done well and showed their appreciation.... We haven't had that all year.

Slap - Callan Ward - You need to play with that intensity every week... Relentless attack on the ball and the player with the ball.

Slap - Matthew Boyd - Stood up like a captain should when we were challenged. Kicking still a bit hit and miss, but much to like about his game.

Slap - Game style - Back to the way we play footy, took risks and we were rewarded.

----

We have hopefully set down the blueprint to how we are going to play for the rest of the year...