PDA

View Full Version : MRP Round 8

bornadog
16-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Robin Nahas, Richmond, has been charged with a first offence for making negligent contact with an umpire (Michael Jennings) during the first quarter of the Round Eight match between Richmond and the Western Bulldogs, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday May 15, 2011. In summary, he can accept a $900 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for making negligent contact with an umpire is a $1200 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $900 sanction.

Jake King, Richmond, has been charged with a first offence for misconduct in that he made unnecessary contact with a trainer for the Western Bulldogs during the fourth quarter of the Round Eight match between Richmond and the Western Bulldogs, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday May 15, 2011.

In summary, he can accept a $1200 sanction with an early plea.

The match day report against the Western Bulldogs Ben Hudson for engaging in rough conduct against Richmond’s Angus Graham was assessed. The panel said Graham was contesting a mark while Hudson had jumped in the air in a bid to spoil the ball. After he has left the ground, Hudson realises he will not be able to spoil and withdraws his arm, to his side. It was the view of the panel that Hudson left the ground before the mark was contested and that his arm was initially out to spoil. The umpire in control of play at the time paid a 50-metre penalty against the Western Bulldogs’ player for late contact and it was the panel’s view that his actions were not reportable. No further action was taken

Contact between the Western Bulldogs’ Will Minson and Richmond’s Nathan Foley from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. Contact was made to Foley’s shoulder, which then slid up high. It was the view of the panel that Minson’s actions were not a striking motion and no further action was taken.

Shaggy not even worth mentioning, it was a late spoil attempt.

w3design
16-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Yay!! Is our luck starting to turn?

LostDoggy
16-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Hudson's wasn't even worth a 50. Richmond got a few gift 50s for gimme goals.

comrade
16-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Chook lotto comes up trumps!

bornadog
16-05-2011, 07:02 PM

yep two gimme goals

LostDoggy
16-05-2011, 07:05 PM
I thought that little toe rag was going to get a fine for pushing our trainer ( who name just evades me ), he carries on like he has a stick up his backside and it's everybody's fault his arms are to short to reach around and pull it out

LostDoggy
16-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Why were we even worried about losing this game when Jake King was named Thursday?

Sedat
16-05-2011, 07:22 PM
I thought that little toe rag was going to get a fine for pushing our trainer ( who name just evades me ), he carries on like he has a stick up his backside and it's everybody's fault his arms are to short to reach around and pull it out.
I actually don't mind Jake King - he's a battler that has managed to extract every ounce of his modest talents to carve out an AFL career. Whilst he overstepped the mark with our trainer, I don't have a problem with the vast majority of his actions out on the field. He chases and harrasses the opposition like his life depends on it, and tries to engage the opposition into giving away a stupid free kick (which he is only doing to better his team's cause).

I must say the Hudson verdict surprises me a great deal but I'll take it gladly, with Cox, Nic Nat and Lynch in waiting this week. If that isn't a charge, I'm not sure just what is. Then again chook lotto has a habit of scratching supporter's heads every week.

Go_Dogs
16-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Chook lotto comes up trumps!

Must say I'm surprised. It's also kind of funny how we all (or most) just expect to get an awful deal every time though. :D

Jasper
16-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Must say I'm surprised. It's also kind of funny how we all (or most) just expect to get an awful deal every time though. :D

Assuming we get there - wait for the finals..:rolleyes:

EasternWest
16-05-2011, 09:41 PM

That was a 50 every day of the week. I'd be bleeding if that happened to one of our players and we didn't get a 50.

But that was all. MRP got this one right.

Sockeye Salmon
16-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Wow. We seriously just won first prize in MRP-lotto.

boydogs
16-05-2011, 10:18 PM
tries to engage the opposition into giving away a stupid free kick (which he is only doing to better his team's cause).

The two occasions on which he got fired up, Richmond already had the ball

EasternWest
16-05-2011, 11:27 PM
I actually don't mind Jake King - he's a battler that has managed to extract every ounce of his modest talents to carve out an AFL career. Whilst he overstepped the mark with our trainer, I don't have a problem with the vast majority of his actions out on the field. He chases and harrasses the opposition like his life depends on it, and tries to engage the opposition into giving away a stupid free kick (which he is only doing to better his team's cause).

I don't mind King either. He's made himself a footballer despite his deficiencies. I concede that he'd be an annoying little so and so though.

I find it interesting that some WOOFer's can't stand him. Given what I've heard about Schofield, it seems there's a few similarities between the two, and a lot of people (myself included) are keen to see his niggle on the big show.

Though from what I've heard I believe Schofield has better skills.

The Adelaide Connection
17-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Quite a few opposition supporters hated Liberatore snr for the same kind of reasons. King bugs the shit out of me but I keep reminding myself of this and I agree with Sedat, he really is doing bloody well to keep getting a gig at the highest level with his limitations. He is a passionate, dedicated and smart footballer I guess.

Probably should hate a footballer like Taylor Walker more who has all the physical attributes to be amazing, but is a dumb, lazy footballer.

LostDoggy
17-05-2011, 09:00 AM
I don't mind King either. He's made himself a footballer despite his deficiencies. I concede that he'd be an annoying little so and so though.

I find it interesting that some WOOFer's can't stand him. Given what I've heard about Schofield, it seems there's a few similarities between the two, and a lot of people (myself included) are keen to see his niggle on the big show.

Though from what I've heard I believe Schofield has better skills.

I think you're pretty far off the mark mate. Apart from playing football and being a similar height, i think that's where the comparisons end. Watching him in about half his matches this season i haven't seen him cause any unnecessary trouble at all. Jake King is a hot head and largely ineffectual player (this season being his 'best' to date that i can recall). He wouldn't get a game in 14-15 other sides imo.

LostDoggy
17-05-2011, 09:40 AM
That was a 50 every day of the week. I'd be bleeding if that happened to one of our players and we didn't get a 50.

But that was all. MRP got this one right.

Only going by the fact if its not a suspension then its not a 50 either.
We had players thrown after marking in the same game and the mark is all we got. I suppose had we complained like Richmond did we would got a 50 as well.

LostDoggy
17-05-2011, 09:42 AM

Can't stand him? I like him playing against us.

EasternWest
17-05-2011, 10:02 AM
I think you're pretty far off the mark mate. Apart from playing football and being a similar height, i think that's where the comparisons end. Watching him in about half his matches this season i haven't seen him cause any unnecessary trouble at all.

Fair enough. Like I said, haven't seen him so happy to take you at your word. From what I'd heard it seemed like there were some similarities.

aker39
17-05-2011, 10:05 AM

I must have missed that fact.:confused::confused::confused:

strebla
17-05-2011, 11:22 AM
We had players thrown after marking in the same game and the mark is all we got. I suppose had we complained like Richmond did we would got a 50 as well.

I think he got the 50 for late contact which was correct but he should not have been reported which is why it was thrown out.

Sedat
17-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Jake King is a hot head and largely ineffectual player (this season being his 'best' to date that i can recall). He wouldn't get a game in 14-15 other sides imo.
He has a role to play at Richmond and he has (Sunday notwithstanding) been effective in this role since he took it on mid last year. Many teams would kill for a defensive small forward to apply such unrelenting pressure inside forward 50.

He tends to stink against us every time we play them as Chops rightly pointed out, which makes me like him even more ;)

comrade
17-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I must have missed that fact.:confused::confused::confused:

Yeah, that's not actually a legit rule is it?

LostDoggy
17-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Excuse my wording, know it's not a rule. Hudson was late but other late spoils and tackles were not penalized on the day. Just the ones when Richmond cracked the sads.

bornadog
17-05-2011, 04:50 PM
FIERY Richmond forward Jake King will try to convince the tribunal tonight he shouldn't be fined for pushing a Bulldogs trainer in the chest.
King was yesterday charged with making unnecessary contact with a Western Bulldogs trainer in the last quarter of Sunday's clash at Etihad Stadium.

He was fined $1600 and could have accepted a $1200 fine by pleading guilty.

But the Tigers said today they would challenge the charge at the tribunal tonight.

The incident occurred after Jack Riewoldt was taken high in a late spoiling attempt by Dogs defender Ryan Hargrave.

Riewoldt was given a 50m penalty and kicked a goal as King engaged in a push-and-shove with Hargrave and teammate Robert Murphy.

A Bulldogs trainer tried to make his way through the scuffle to give Murphy a drink bottle and was pushed away by King, making him stumble backwards.

Ghost Dog
17-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Jake King. God he's a pest

comrade
17-05-2011, 06:23 PM
What a dick. Is he that hard up?

Go_Dogs
17-05-2011, 08:30 PM
What a dick. Is he that hard up?

Hopefully, because the extra $400 he'll have to cough up when it fails will really hurt :D (Also comrade, your choice of wording was rather interesting!)

No chance of getting off, because then it sets the precedent you can push opposition staff/runners/trainers away.

comrade
17-05-2011, 08:54 PM
(Also comrade, your choice of wording was rather interesting!)

No chance of getting off

Touche :D

Go_Dogs
17-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Touche :D

Haha, I realised after I'd posted...oops :D

bornadog
17-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Jake King fined $800 by AFL Tribunal (http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/jake-king-fined-800-by-afl-tribunal-20110517-1era0.htmll)

Greg Buckle
May 17, 2011 - 8:14PM . AAP

Richmond forward Jake King has been fined $800 by the AFL Tribunal for angrily shoving a Western Bulldogs trainer during last Sunday's match at Etihad Stadium.

King was contesting the charge of misconduct, for which the Match Review Panel had recommended a fine of $1600.

Following a one-hour hearing on Tuesday night, the Tribunal found King guilty but reduced the recommended fine by half.

King said his intention had been to "fly the flag" for team-mate Jack Riewoldt, who had received a 50-metre penalty for a late hit after taking a mark and was then moved downfield to the goalsquare to take the kick.

As Riewoldt celebrated kicking the goal, King became involved in a scuffle with several Bulldogs players including Robert Murphy and Dylan Addison.

At one stage, King's team-mate Ben Nason tries to drag King away from the incident, but King continues to exchange verbal abuse with Murphy.

The 178cm King said he felt under siege, with Bulldogs players coming at him from all directions.

Legal counsel Andrew Tinney said the video footage showed King was looking at the 43-year-old trainer when he pushed him, but King said it all happened in a flash.

"I thought Jack was harshly dealt with so I wanted to stick up for Jack and voice my opinion," King said.

"I felt contact and verbal abuse coming from around me.

"I felt contact to my left shoulder.

"It happened very quickly. It was in the blink of an eye.

"I pushed before I even looked to see who it was.

"I didn't realise it was a trainer. If I had known that, I wouldn't have pushed him."

But King handed out some advice to the trainer on Tuesday, adding: "No trainer or official should be around any push and shove between players."

The trainer Mark Borg gave evidence via telephone link and said he'd been instructed to avoid scuffles.

"There was no scuffle as I approached," Borg said.

"The scuffle had subsided. I passed Robert Murphy the drink.

"He was about to drink it and he (King) gave me a little push in the chest.

"I was shocked. You don't expect a player to come up to myself."

King agreed with Tinney's assertion that he was "worked-up" but denied he had lost his temper.

Fremantle's Nathan Fyfe successfully challenged a charge of making negligent contact with an umpire.

Fyfe argued he was pushed into the umpire's path at a centre bounce by Richmond's Nathan Foley in the match played on May 7 at the MCG.

Fyfe had been facing a $2400 fine.

King had no complaints afterwards.

"I was pretty sure that they would come up with the right decision. They always do so I'm happy with that," he said

The Adelaide Connection
18-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Jake King fined $800 by AFL Tribunal (http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/jake-king-fined-800-by-afl-tribunal-20110517-1era0.htmll)

Greg Buckle
May 17, 2011 - 8:14PM . AAP

Richmond forward Jake King has been fined $800 by the AFL Tribunal for angrily shoving a Western Bulldogs trainer during last Sunday's match at Etihad Stadium.

King was contesting the charge of misconduct, for which the Match Review Panel had recommended a fine of $1600.

Following a one-hour hearing on Tuesday night, the Tribunal found King guilty but reduced the recommended fine by half.

King said his intention had been to "fly the flag" for team-mate Jack Riewoldt, who had received a 50-metre penalty for a late hit after taking a mark and was then moved downfield to the goalsquare to take the kick.

As Riewoldt celebrated kicking the goal, King became involved in a scuffle with several Bulldogs players including Robert Murphy and Dylan Addison.

At one stage, King's team-mate Ben Nason tries to drag King away from the incident, but King continues to exchange verbal abuse with Murphy.

The 178cm King said he felt under siege, with Bulldogs players coming at him from all directions.

Legal counsel Andrew Tinney said the video footage showed King was looking at the 43-year-old trainer when he pushed him, but King said it all happened in a flash.

"I thought Jack was harshly dealt with so I wanted to stick up for Jack and voice my opinion," King said.

"I felt contact and verbal abuse coming from around me.

"I felt contact to my left shoulder.

"It happened very quickly. It was in the blink of an eye.

"I pushed before I even looked to see who it was.

"I didn't realise it was a trainer. If I had known that, I wouldn't have pushed him."

But King handed out some advice to the trainer on Tuesday, adding: "No trainer or official should be around any push and shove between players."

The trainer Mark Borg gave evidence via telephone link and said he'd been instructed to avoid scuffles.

"There was no scuffle as I approached," Borg said.

"The scuffle had subsided. I passed Robert Murphy the drink.

"He was about to drink it and he (King) gave me a little push in the chest.

"I was shocked. You don't expect a player to come up to myself."

King agreed with Tinney's assertion that he was "worked-up" but denied he had lost his temper.

Fremantle's Nathan Fyfe successfully challenged a charge of making negligent contact with an umpire.

Fyfe argued he was pushed into the umpire's path at a centre bounce by Richmond's Nathan Foley in the match played on May 7 at the MCG.

Fyfe had been facing a $2400 fine.

King had no complaints afterwards.

"I was pretty sure that they would come up with the right decision. They always do so I'm happy with that," he said

Gee they are moronic. Find him guilty and reduce the fine in half, less than what it would have been if he took the early guilty plea.