19-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Western Bulldogs

B: Liam Picken, Lukas Markovic, Dale Morris

HB: Ryan Hargrave, Tom L. Williams, Robert Murphy

C: Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Justin Sherman

HF: Dylan Addison, Liam Jones, Lindsay Gilbee

F: Jarrad Grant, William Minson, Daniel Giansiracusa

Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Callan Ward

I/C: Shaun Higgins, Brennan Stack, Easton Wood, Barry Hall, Brodie Moles, Mitchell Wallis, Thomas Liberatore

In: Shaun Higgins, Tom L. Williams, Easton Wood, Barry Hall, Mitchell Wallis

Out: Adam Cooney (Knee), Josh Hill

West Coast Eagles

B: Shannon Hurn, Darren Glass, Ashley Smith
HB: Sam Butler, Will Schofield, Scott Selwood
C: Andrew Embley, Matthew Priddis, Matthew Rosa
HF: Luke Shuey, Josh Kennedy, Mark Nicoski
F: Mark LeCras, Quinten Lynch, Jack Darling
Foll: Dean Cox, Adam Selwood, Daniel Kerr
I/C: Chris Masten, Bradley Ebert, Nic Naitanui, Patrick McGinnity, Brad Sheppard, Andrew Strijk, Andrew Gaff

In: Andrew Embley, Daniel Kerr, Andrew Strijk

bornadog
19-05-2011, 06:12 PM
I guess they will finalize tomorrow before they fly out. Training in WA on Saturday.

I wonder how many emerrgencies will make the trip?

LostDoggy
19-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Would expect Williams and Higgins in, don't see why we should bring Baz up to Perth, get him 100% and play him next week vs ..Hawks?

Ghost Dog
19-05-2011, 06:14 PM
That's a good team. Glad to see Coons getting a rest.
I hope he still goes actually and can sit in the box. Get an idea of how he can impact more on the game.

Pickenitup
19-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Hope Woody plays love that Kid

bornadog
19-05-2011, 06:17 PM
You would think off the interchange, Higgins and Libba are certaintites. Stack would be fighting for his position with Wood and Moles with Wallis.

Bumper Bulldogs
19-05-2011, 06:21 PM
I hope he still goes actually and can sit in the box. Get an idea of how he can impact more on the game.

I don't think this is needed, he did win a brownlow medal.

Bumper Bulldogs
19-05-2011, 06:26 PM
I/C: Shaun Higgins, Brennan Stack, Easton Wood, Barry Hall, Brodie Moles, Mitchell Wallis, Thomas Liberatore

For me the bench needs to be Libba & Moles with Higgins & Wood having 1/2 a game each as the subs.

Ghost Dog
19-05-2011, 06:26 PM
I don't think this is needed, he did win a brownlow medal.

Learning never ends bumper

Mantis
19-05-2011, 06:29 PM

What sort of things would you like him to focus on while watching?

kruder
19-05-2011, 06:30 PM
I feel sorry for Josh. Plays a bad game and is dropped straight away. Others seem to get alot more chances......

I dont think Coons needs a rest, I think he needs an opp! Whats one week going to do?

There is no chance the Cooney of old will reapper this season. Maybe its time for the dogs to change tact, send him overseas, try a different treatment.

The VFL is there to fix his other issue, confidence!

Mantis
19-05-2011, 06:37 PM
I dont think Coons needs a rest, I think he needs an opp! Whats one week going to do?

There is no chance the Cooney of old will reapper this season. Maybe its time for the dogs to change tact, send him overseas, try a different treatment.

Where does it say one week?

What sort of op does he need?

What sort of 'different' treatment will fix what he has? Furthermore what is the issue with his knee?

Maddog37
19-05-2011, 06:39 PM
I feel sorry for Josh. Plays a bad game and is dropped straight away. Others seem to get alot more chances......

Josh keeps dropping intensity and not attacking the contest hard enough. That's why he gets dropped so often.

Ghost Dog
19-05-2011, 06:43 PM
What sort of things would you like him to focus on while watching?

Team strategy, and the game through the eyes of the coach as it's played on the day.
What's the point of him being in the VFL or sitting at home?

Mantis
19-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Team strategy, and the game through the eyes of the coach as it's played on the day.
What's the point of him being in the VFL or sitting at home?

To rest his knee which probably wouldn't enjoy being stuck on 2 flights for a total of 8 hours.

Ghost Dog
19-05-2011, 06:49 PM

What sort of 'different' treatment will fix what he has? Furthermore what is the issue with his knee?

you tell us. If you know that is.
You can disagree with someone without having to pull rank and make them feel small.
We're all on the same side.

Mantis
19-05-2011, 06:51 PM
you tell us. If you know that is.
You can disagree with someone without having to pull rank and make them feel small.
We're all on the same side.

I have no idea what the issue is... that was why I was asking.

jazzadogs
19-05-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure about bringing back Higgins, Hall and Wood for a game in Perth. I would hope that Hall and Wood are not actually going to be included in the team, but Rocket confirmed on the video that Higgins will play.

I understand that we want our best 22 out there every week, but I would argue that bringing these players back after they have not played for a significant period puts our best 22 at risk in the future, and jeopardises our chances of winning this game.

Happy to see Cooney rested though.

Axe Man
19-05-2011, 06:54 PM
For me the bench needs to be Libba & Moles with Higgins & Wood having 1/2 a game each as the subs.

Far too risky to sub someone at half time (other than for an injury). If we pick up an injury early in the third we are down to 2 on the bench for half the game.

Ghost Dog
19-05-2011, 06:54 PM

Sorry. I read it the wrong way.

kruder
19-05-2011, 07:46 PM

He has an issue with his Patella. How did rest over the preseason go?

His form has been as bad as last year with the same injury.

Surely thats enough to ask the question on whats go on?

LostDoggy
19-05-2011, 08:50 PM
I,m sure Cooney still suffers problems from the kneecap he fractured at the end of 2008, he had it operated on post season 2008 had 6 or so weeks recovery , so no real preseason that year. He has had scar tissue taken out at least once and fluid drained at least twice . The fact that he has broken down this early really put's a doubt on his ability to play out this season ,it look's like he need's a clean out of the knee and about 4 or 5 week's recovery .

With Ward and Young Libba in good form, Wallis, DJ we have enough depth to cover Cooney if he has to have an operation. We all want whats best for Adam and his playing career , if that means he takes a step back to get himself fully fit in body and mind, then Adam, the Club and the medical staff need to make a decision.

I,m sure all our thought's are with Adam and his family , it's never an easy time for a talented young player to be shot down by injury , especially when you know your good enough to play another 6 seasons but a wrong decision now to play through the injury means you might cut your career short

LostDoggy
19-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Higgins, Libba are certanties ... so would be Moles as he will fill the void left by Cooney. A toss up for the other spot.

Maddog37
19-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I,m sure Cooney still suffers problems from the kneecap he fractured at the end of 2008, he had it operated on post season 2008 had 6 or so weeks recovery , so no real preseason that year. He has had scar tissue taken out at least once and fluid drained at least twice . The fact that he has broken down this early really put's a doubt on his ability to play out this season ,it look's like he need's a clean out of the knee and about 4 or 5 week's recovery .

With Ward and Young Libba in good form, Wallis, DJ we have enough depth to cover Cooney if he has to have an operation. We all want whats best for Adam and his playing career , if that means he takes a step back to get himself fully fit in body and mind, then Adam, the Club and the medical staff need to make a decision.

I,m sure all our thought's are with Adam and his family , it's never an easy time for a talented young player to be shot down by injury , especially when you know your good enough to play another 6 seasons but a wrong decision now to play through the injury means you might cut your career short

Good post West Dog. The issue for me is that surely the club might think the surgery to fix it may mean the season or he would have already had it.

Dazza
19-05-2011, 09:24 PM
At a guess I'd say Williams and Higgins are certainties. Would like to see Moles get a full game. Really think he's a good player. Seems confident around the goals outside 50.

LostDoggy
19-05-2011, 11:01 PM

Get well soon Cooney, we need you!

westbulldog
20-05-2011, 12:40 AM
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/game/report.php?id=3737

Match Report: Round 5 - Fremantle 12.13.85 defeated Western Bulldogs 11.12.78

Barry Hall
0.0 from 5 possessions and 2 marks on McPharlin... Subiaco doesn't suit the old bloke

Lots of room for improvement, let us hope so.

LostDoggy
20-05-2011, 01:29 AM
Good to see the team is somewhat starting to look like our best 22.

bornadog
20-05-2011, 11:16 AM
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/game/report.php?id=3737

Match Report: Round 5 - Fremantle 12.13.85 defeated Western Bulldogs 11.12.78

Barry Hall
0.0 from 5 possessions and 2 marks on McPharlin... Subiaco doesn't suit the old bloke

Lots of room for improvement, let us hope so.

Don't forget he also did his ankle that day.

bornadog
20-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Good to see the team is somewhat starting to look like our best 22.

Lake and Cooney the only two missing.

Throughandthrough
20-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Christian Howard added to the 25 man squad for the team, DFA withdrawn

Go Howie!

May have to wear my Glenelg gear instead...

Sockeye Salmon
20-05-2011, 11:38 AM

Go Howie!

He hasn't even been playing for Willi?

bornadog
20-05-2011, 11:38 AM

Go Howie!

Just heard on SEN.

mjp
20-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Lake and Cooney the only two missing.

Only our best 2 players are missing? Awesome!

Dazza
20-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Would it be fair to say the club has mishandled them?

bornadog
20-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Would it be fair to say the club has mishandled them?

No I don't believe so. Its also up to the players. Have a look at Shaggy who had a major foot operation. He decided to have the operation in October. They removed part of his hip bone and used it to strengthen his foot. He did everything right in the preseason and was in peak fitness before he even played for Willi. All he had to do is get match fit and he showed last week what can be achieved.

Lets just say Cooney and Lake should learn from Shaggies preparation.

bornadog
20-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Dogs lose one for West Coast trip (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2011/westernbulldogsnewsfeatures/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/114342/default.aspx)

By Jennifer Witham
11:10 AM Fri 20 May, 2011

WESTERN Bulldogs midfielder Dylan Addison has withdrawn from the club's squad that will travel to Perth on Friday ahead of Sunday's clash with West Coast at Patersons Stadium.

The 23-year-old rolled his ankle during the Dogs' final Melbourne training session on Thursday at Whitten Oval.

He has been replaced in the final 25 by 2009 draftee Christian Howard, who is now a chance to play his first AFL game.

Howard, 20, was recruited by the Dogs with pick No.15 and showed promising signs in the second half of last year after overcoming pre-season hip surgery.

While he is yet to play a senior game, he trained with the squad during the finals last season to prepare him for an AFL debut.

He had a quiet pre-season competition but has played five games for Williamstown seniors this year.

The Bulldogs have named an extended squad that will be trimmed on Friday night with one forced change from last weekend's side.

Adam Cooney leaves the team that accounted for Richmond last Sunday with knee soreness while Josh Hill has been omitted.

Tom Williams, Shaun Higgins, Easton Wood and Barry Hall are available after overcoming injuries while Mitch Wallis has been recalled.

Williams has been named at centre half-back while Higgins, Wood, Hall, Wallis, Tom Liberatore, Brodie Moles and Brennan Stack have been named on the extended bench

Mantis
20-05-2011, 12:48 PM
No I don't believe so. Its also up to the players. Have a look at Shaggy who had a major foot operation. He decided to have the operation in October. They removed part of his hip bone and used it to strengthen his foot. He did everything right in the preseason and was in peak fitness before he even played for Willi. All he had to do is get match fit and he showed last week what can be achieved.

Lets just say Cooney and Lake should learn from Shaggies preparation.

He did?

Why then did Shaggy have to have a secondary operation post-Xmas?

Rocco Jones
20-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Libba has replaced Addison in the starting 18, not like there was any doubt over whether he would play anyway.

Mantis
20-05-2011, 01:05 PM
And another one in January.

dogman
20-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Don't be surprised for Wood to come straight in for Addisson and play on Le Cras.

bornadog
20-05-2011, 01:13 PM
And another one in January.

Had complications with the operations after running in NZ.

In any case, he has presented at peak fitness before he played for Willi.

Mantis
20-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Had complications with the operations after running in NZ.

In any case, he has presented at peak fitness before he played for Willi.

That isn't quite correct, his issues arose after doing some running in and around the xmas break when he probably wasn't ready to do so.

Anyway Shaggy is pretty lucky to be blessed with the body shape he has which means he probably doesn't need as long as others to get back to full fitness.

bornadog
20-05-2011, 02:06 PM
He did?

Why then did Shaggy have to have a secondary operation post-Xmas?

That isn't quite correct, his issues arose after doing some running in and around the xmas break when he probably wasn't ready to do so.

Anyway Shaggy is pretty lucky to be blessed with the body shape he has which means he probably doesn't need as long as others to get back to full fitness.

Well if you knew then maybe it would have been better to say that in the first place.

G-Mo77
20-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Final Ins/Outs

In: Shaun Higgins, Tom L. Williams, Easton Wood

Out: Dylan Addison (Injured), Adam Cooney (Knee), Josh Hill

In: Andrew Embley, Daniel Kerr

Out: Brad Sheppard, Andrew Gaff

G-Mo77
20-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Nope, named as Emergency with Wallis and Howard

LostDoggy
20-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Good to see Wood back....if he's ready. Having our injured defenders back week after week is a great sign for the road ahead :D

Bumper Bulldogs
20-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Some JOKER at work today said that he has got his "OP" back and it's all around his groin. I'm sure sure that it is correct or not, guess i hope not!