PDA

View Full Version : Round #9 - Slaps and Sledges

GVGjr
22-05-2011, 07:01 PM
For those who aren't familiar with the Slaps and Sledges thread:

A slap on the back for a job well done by 2 players. (not to be confused with the Woof Player Awards (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9023))
This can be a passage of player or even a spirited effort.

A sledge to two players that let down the team. Try and make this constructive critique and not just overly critical.

Provide us with your thoughts on this afternoon/evening game against the Eagles.

KT31
22-05-2011, 07:09 PM
May be a bit dangerous putting this up so early GVGjr.
Some of our more overzealous posters might jump in early with the sledges.

Rance Fan
22-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Well ill go early

Slap - Libba has been ok
Sledge - Where do you start...Midfield, Backline...forwardline
Williams, Higgins and Grant ...terrible

always right
22-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Slaps:
Morris and Sherman....simply because they tried.

Sledges:
Lack of defensive running and workrate
Our skills......we are the new Richmond when it comes to footskills. Who would have thought?

One more sledge.....whoever was not picking up Shuey. Absolutely disgraceful that a bloke who ran and bounced the ball for a goal in the third quarter could find himself 30 meters in the clear in the next passage of play.

Bumper Bulldogs
22-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Slaps: ..........

Sledes: The team do we play for each other? do we have passion? do we believe we are at an AFL standard?

We'll think again!

Remi Moses
22-05-2011, 08:54 PM
May be a bit dangerous putting this up so early GVGjr.
Some of our more overzealous posters might jump in early with the sledges.

How could you perceive posters to be overzealous after that lame effort!

Slap - the pidgeons at least got to a contest and showed no fear

Sledge- The players who shamed our football club today and envoked memories of the Royce Hart era!

comrade
22-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Slap:

Libba for showing composure and working hard right until the end.
Morris for saving our arses on multiple occasions.

Sledge:

Complete lack of work rate and defensive pressure through the mid field. 40+ scoring shots to 12 is a disgrace.

Huddo. What a warrior he has been but the AFL ended his career prematurely by reducing the interchange. He was smashed today and compounded it by giving away numerous stupid free kicks. All of this while Minson twiddled his thumbs in our forward 50.

w3design
22-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Umm.....

Slap: Libber's work rate great.

Sledge: there is never, ever, an excuse for a 100+ point loss. It has replaced the Sumich 13 goalfest in the memory bank as a horror afternoon out west.

Sledge: people are being overly positive about those pigeons. I didn't see much tackling or chasing from them, and their lack of run cost us dearly.

Greystache
22-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Slaps-

Libba- showed a bit under immense pressure, looks a future superstar.

Jones- I thought he showed a bit in the first half and converted well. Is a genuine marking target.

Sledges-

Don't have enough time to list them all...

EDIT- one sledge, why after his success last week did Gilbee start in defence? He's looked cooked for the past two seasons in defence, But showed some great signs last week up forward, yet for some reason he gets put back in defence and has a shocker. I don't get our tactics at all. If he can't play forward he should be playing for Willi.

LostDoggy
22-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Slap - Libba , did his best , for a young player he will learn from this

Slap - Picken , just grits his teeth and gets on with job

Sledge - Bringing Higgins and Wood in underdone , fail

Sledge - No Mulligan to support Williams

boydogs
23-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Slap - Libba & Jones, good signs

Sledge - Markovic & Williams, absolutely smashed

bornadog
23-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Slaps - Gia - he contributed half our goals with limited opportunities

Libba, tried his guts out.

Sledge - The entire team for putting up a piss weak effort after the 12 minute mark of the third quarter when we were 22 points down and then didn't score for the rest of the match.

soupman
23-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Sledge - No Mulligan to support Williams

Not a criticism of your sledge, but would Mulligan have made any difference today? At all?

LostDoggy
23-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Not a criticism of your sledge, but would Mulligan have made any difference today? At all?

Well, an extra tall on the 40m arc might have helped to interrupt the ball movement but that being said you have to have a hardworking midfield to stop the ball being there in the first place

Ozza
23-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Slap: Morris for turning up with the attitude and intensity at every contest.

Sledge: Markovic - has done well in previous rounds - but I can't think of a contest in the match where he didn't get completely out-pointed....whichever WCE player he got - got on the scoreboard instantly.

Sledge: Huddo - Its one thing to get completely outclassed - but giving away free kick after free kick by petulantly bowling blokes over - often after they disposed of the footy - isn't tough, isn't smart and doesn't help us.

Sledge: Cross - Liability with the footy.

Sledge: This run and gun game style that we blindly follow is just kamikaze footy in the current game, gets found out against good sides who have adapted to the modern game.

Topdog
23-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Slap: My son for needing a bath at about the 15th minute of the 3rd quarter thus making me not witness the last 12 goals conceded.

Slap: Morris - chewing out the midfield group at 3qtr time for not manning up.

Sledge: Still too early to be constructive but our persistence in having no one in the F50.

Mofra
23-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Slaps:
Sherman - ran hard all day
Gia & Jones - just kept presenting. Our only two forwards really
Libba - Is just time away from being elite

Sledge:
Workrate of almost everyone else
Tommy's body language in the 1st quarter - standing on the mark with hands on hips is a terrible look so early in the game. At leasT put one hand in the air!
Rucks - smashed today. Hudson gave way too many easy frees.

Worst of all;
Midfield/clearances set up. How many times did we get sucked into the contest or too close to the pack, only to have the ball belted away and West Coast players already spreading?
It's happened over the last two years far too often.

the banker
23-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Slaps
Libba, Jones and Sherman

Sledge
Coaching panel. Our game plan is redundant.

Sedat
23-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Slap to wifey, who organised a function for yesterday afternoon that ensured I was blissfully exempt from watching the carnage - I couldn't delete the game from my IQ quickly enough when I got home.

bornadog
23-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Slap to wifey, who organised a function for yesterday afternoon that ensured I was blissfully exempt from watching the carnage - I couldn't delete the game from my IQ quickly enough when I got home.

Sedat, you didn't watch hit, great viewing:D (if your a West Coast fan)

Sedat
23-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Sedat, you didn't watch hit, great viewing:D (if your a West Coast fan)
My last live Bulldog experience was a contented one against the Tigers a week ago - I have an almost fetish like desire to want to watch the car crash, just so my brain can process how we can play a match where we are -60 for contested possessions (is that even possible?), -100 for posessions, -35 for inside 50's, etc...

LostDoggy
23-05-2011, 02:22 PM
No analysis required sedat. Sack the coach and all will be fixed. Players obviously robots and were programmed incorrectly.

Sedat
23-05-2011, 02:35 PM
No analysis required sedat. Sack the coach and all will be fixed. Players obviously robots and were programmed incorrectly.
I sincerely hope our president doesn't succumb to the implied pressure from external forces to make any rash, ill-thought, kneejerk decisions that will have absolutely no impact on season 2011. Replace Rocket with one of his assistants? The same people that are in MC with Rocket? We all need to get a grip. Season's end will be the time to assess onfield and footy dept personnel, not Round 9.

Game plans don't make you lose games by 20 goals, intensity of effort of playing group does.

LostDoggy
23-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Sledge: people are being overly positive about those pigeons. I didn't see much tackling or chasing from them, and their lack of run cost us dearly.

For a majority of the game the pigeon closest to the forward pocket with a clear eating disorder had free range while the Tom Williams-esque pigeon in the goal square, lacking a few preseasons, gave the former far too much room to move, failing to plant the seeds of doubt.

LostDoggy
23-05-2011, 02:39 PM

Sedat, you're the luckiest person on this forum from the weekend. Should ask the Hugs to organise a few more functions for at least the next 3 weeks.

westbulldog
23-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Slaps
The future looks good for Libba and Jones.
Picken - another 10 of him please.

Slaps
To those who meekly capitulated.

AndrewP6
23-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Slap - My friend for organising dinner at 6.30, meaning I had to leave to get there on time.

Sledge - Blokes masquerading as WB players.

ratsmac
25-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Slap -
- Me for letting my emotions settle before posting to this thread.
- Libba, Morris, Picken. All looked to be trying at least.

Sledge -
- The whole team for not playing like a team with any effort. Are we fit?
- Me for turning off the T.V before the game finished. Not my style but I didn't want to throw a stubby at the LCD telly.