PDA

View Full Version : Time to elevate Dahlhaus

always right
22-05-2011, 08:30 PM
With the injury to Roughy it's time to elevate Dalhaus. The debacle tonight will not be addressed by bringing in a journeyman like Barlow to play some sort of follower role. We need someone who can give us a spark, provide some pressure, break the game open with their pace. Just do it.

The Bulldogs Bite
22-05-2011, 08:34 PM
He looks like he's earned a position, which is always a positive for any young player before making their debut. He's exactly what we need in terms of raw pace - I'd be surprised if he didn't play.

G-Mo77
22-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Is it a LTI though?

Remi Moses
22-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Get some pace and freshness in now FFS!!

LostDoggy
22-05-2011, 08:51 PM
I like the idea, but how do you do it?
Put Jordan on the long term injury list??? Is his injury season ending??

LostDoggy
22-05-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't think Jordan's injury is that bad.
I really like Dahlhaus - we need to elevate him before the end of the year... but we also have Hooper

always right
22-05-2011, 09:28 PM
I don't think Jordan's injury is that bad.
I really like Dahlhaus - we need to elevate him before the end of the year... but we also have Hooper

I think Dalhaus has shown much more of what we are looking for.

Greystache
22-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Do we know Roughy's injury is that bad?

Dahlhaus has earned his place and has some of the attributes we lack. If we can pick him I imagine he'll be in.

comrade
22-05-2011, 10:42 PM
It is a bit sad and says a lot about our current plight that we're desperate to get a kid with 0 games experience (and rookie listed nonetheless) into the side to bring an attribute that senior, much better paid players are unwilling to commit to.

GVGjr
22-05-2011, 10:44 PM

Dahlhaus has earned his place and has some of the attributes we lack. If we can pick him I imagine he'll be in.

I haven't heard enough to say it's a bad one or not. The problem is if we move him to the long term injury list then it's for 8 weeks and we can't bring him back earlier than that even if he is OK.

Rocco Jones
22-05-2011, 10:48 PM
It is a bit sad and says a lot about our current plight that we're desperate to get a kid with 0 games experience (and rookie listed nonetheless) into the side to bring an attribute that senior, much better paid players are unwilling to commit to.

He is a pretty small kid too!

Speaking of senior players and lack of attributes how's this for a doosy of a game? What quality attribute does Shaun Higgins have? Hmm, umm, that thing...

Greystache
22-05-2011, 10:50 PM
I haven't heard enough to say it's a bad one or not. The problem is if we move him to the long term injury list then it's for 8 weeks and we can't bring him back earlier than that even if he is OK.

That's why I wouldn't consider it until we were certain. It might be an AC joint, they're excruciatingly painful but don't keep a player out long.

comrade
22-05-2011, 10:52 PM
He is a pretty small kid too!

Speaking of senior players and lack of attributes how's this for a doosy of a game? What quality attribute does Shaun Higgins have? Hmm, umm, that thing...

It seems the best we can hope for is an inferior version of 2006-2009 Brad Johnson. A medium/small forward who is good overhead for his size and is generally a polished finisher - a current comparison would be Chris Knights.

That's a lot less than I had hoped for in 2009 when he was really developing into something to be excited about.

The Bulldogs Bite
22-05-2011, 11:00 PM
It seems the best we can hope for is an inferior version of 2006-2009 Brad Johnson. A medium/small forward who is good overhead for his size and is generally a polished finisher - a current comparison would be Chris Knights.

That's a lot less than I had hoped for in 2009 when he was really developing into something to be excited about.

I concur.

Higgins was (and still probably is) my favourite player, but it's difficult to watch him play at the moment. He's really slow, lacks confidence and can't influence contests like he was in the air or on the lead.

It's disappointing. In 2009, Higgins was fantastic - genuine class and poise really stood out. Haven't seen it for a long while.

Doc26
22-05-2011, 11:55 PM

That's why I wouldn't consider it until we were certain. It might be an AC joint, they're excruciatingly painful but don't keep a player out long.

I overheard the word AC come from Roughy's mouth post game so guess it's a fair chance ;)

btw was standing alongside Dylan at Vic Park on Saturday who walking to the huddle had an obvious limp; just for any In Addison types this week.

Greystache
23-05-2011, 12:06 AM
I overheard the word AC come from Roughy's mouth post game so guess it's a fair chance ;)

btw was standing alongside Dylan at Vic Park on Saturday who walking to the huddle had an obvious limp; just for any In Addison types this week.

Not a bad result if it's an AC then. Although not much fun for Roughy, I did a grade 3 AC and I can't imagine anything being more painful, and that's from a bloke who's had 2 knee reco's. :(

boydogs
23-05-2011, 12:16 AM
With the injury to Roughy it's time to elevate Dalhaus. The debacle tonight will not be addressed by bringing in a journeyman like Barlow to play some sort of follower role. We need someone who can give us a spark, provide some pressure, break the game open with their pace. Just do it.

A rookie isn't going to fix things, and the injury may not be long term