PDA

View Full Version : Woof Player Awards Rnd 20 - Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide

BulldogBelle
18-08-2007, 11:06 PM
There are two awards that you can vote on.

Voting closes each Tuesday at 8.00pm.

The first one is for the Joe Marmo Medal for the best players on the ground.

There are 4 votes allocated and it's a 4 for the best and of course 3, 2 and 1.

and

The second award is for the Ron James Medal for the best 2 pups on the ground.

2 Votes allocated - 2 being for the best pup and 1 for the runner-up

GVGjr
20-08-2007, 11:31 AM
This is really going slow

Marmo
4: - Boyd
3: - Eagleton
2: - West
1: - Power

James
2: - Cooney
1: - Higgins

Sockeye Salmon
20-08-2007, 11:43 AM
4. Boyd
3. Morris
2. Power
1. Harris

2. Cooney
1. Higgins

Go_Dogs
20-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Morris? Really? I thought Welsh really toweled him up yesterday. At one stage it looked as though we were perhaps trying to switch players as the Crows were bringing the ball in - perhaps Morris was instructed to leave Welsh if there was time and let Harris take him, I'm not sure, but Welsh was alone in the pocked for an easy grab. Morris did some ok things and got involved in the play, but was too often beaten by Welsh, who was easily the best and most effective forward on the day. I thought it was a dirty day for Dale.

4. Boyd
3. Eagleton
2. Power
1. Cooney

2. Cooney
1. Tiller

Sockeye Salmon
20-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Morris? Really? I thought Welsh really toweled him up yesterday. At one stage it looked as though we were perhaps trying to switch players as the Crows were bringing the ball in - perhaps Morris was instructed to leave Welsh if there was time and let Harris take him, I'm not sure, but Welsh was alone in the pocked for an easy grab. Morris did some ok things and got involved in the play, but was too often beaten by Welsh, who was easily the best and most effective forward on the day. I thought it was a dirty day for Dale.

4. Boyd
3. Eagleton
2. Power
1. Cooney

2. Cooney
1. Tiller

Welsh got 4. One soft one from a kick-in turnover.

I thought Morris saved our arses probably 6-8 times with either a spoil or defensive mark.

We all look at things differently. I thought Eagleton was poor the way he ran forward of the ball and showed his opponents no respect at all. It looked fantastic when Boyd got that little grubber kick to him that led to a goal but what was he doing that far away from his man? We got smashed in the clearances all day, he shouldn't have been 20m away from his man running in the opposite direction.

Go_Dogs
20-08-2007, 12:18 PM
That particular instance summed up our year for me when Eagle goaled. He was one of 4 players running forward of the pack hoping we won the ball. I know what you mean though, perhaps I am marginally undervaluing Dale's efforts in the scheme of things. The reason I rated Eagleton so highly is that he attack and looked to create. He made his fair share of mistakes and errors, but he was one of the few who I thought looked as though he could break it open for us.

Bulldog Revolution
20-08-2007, 12:43 PM
4. Boyd
3. West
2. Gilbee
1. Power

2. Williams
1. Tiller

Templeton31
20-08-2007, 03:42 PM
hard to think of solid 4 quarter performers....

4 Power
3 Boyd
2 Gilbee
1 Coons

Ron James:

2 Cooney
1 Everitt

BulldogBelle
20-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Marmo

4. Matthew Boyd
3. Dale Morris